Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

FIFA Ban - Brazilian Players

Read 8582 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Re: FIFA Ban - Brazilian Players
      Reply #92: Oct 14, 2021 11:55:56 am
      Just read an article on TIA. So Athletico are able to postpone their domestic game straight after the internationals meaning they can train and rest whereas we are struggling to get our two best players into the country.

It's this bullshit along with the European teams allowed 5 subs in game that drives me nuts. Why dont the English government and the Premier League do everything in its power to make sure English teams are successful and not hinder them with this crap. Athletico have a huge advantage over us now..

I suspect the British government don’t really care about the Premier League and the teams being successful and why should they 🤷‍♂️

This is all down to the football governing bodies
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #93: Oct 14, 2021 12:12:50 pm
      Just read an article on TIA. So Athletico are able to postpone their domestic game straight after the internationals meaning they can train and rest whereas we are struggling to get our two best players into the country.

It's this bullshit along with the European teams allowed 5 subs in game that drives me nuts. Why dont the English government and the Premier League do everything in its power to make sure English teams are successful and not hinder them with this crap. Athletico have a huge advantage over us now..

Its BT that set the KO times. They refused to move our game.

We only asked for it to be an evening Saturday game. Got knocked back.

But I agree with the sentiment, this game could have been put off till a later date. FA etc. rubbish.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #94: Oct 14, 2021 01:32:07 pm
      Brazil played away in Colombia on the 10th and that is a red list country meaning our players have to quarantine 10 to 14 days when they return or am I wrong  Read it wrong?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #95: Oct 14, 2021 02:24:17 pm
      Brazil played away in Colombia on the 10th and that is a red list country meaning our players have to quarantine 10 to 14 days when they return or am I wrong  Read it wrong?

They don’t have to quarantine anymore
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #96: Oct 14, 2021 04:19:48 pm

It’s been happening for years now. La Liga regularly move games around to help their teams in Europe.

Premier League don’t seem interested in following suit, might have something to do with the terms of the TV deals where the broadcasters get the final say?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #97: Oct 14, 2021 11:44:38 pm
      Could be worse, we could be in PSG’s position and have to play tomorrow evening.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #98: Oct 15, 2021 08:44:35 am
      Brazil won, Ali never even played, he could have been back days ago. :-(
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #99: Oct 15, 2021 10:12:36 am
      At least, they are going to lose one match not so many.

Quick Reply