Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 84686 times
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Sep 09, 2021 02:54:20 am
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #1: Sep 09, 2021 09:05:15 am
      Ah Patrick, ah Richard, too soon lads, too soon
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2: Sep 09, 2021 09:15:23 am
      If Klopp really wants him we might just get him.

World class potential this kid has.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3: Sep 09, 2021 10:33:58 am
      United getting him.  :f_whistle:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #4: Sep 09, 2021 11:28:23 am

The chances of him being released by his club are zero.
      The chances of him choosing Ole over Jürgen are also zero.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #5: Sep 09, 2021 12:06:48 pm
      I would love this. Well have to start mixing up our first choice attacking lineup soon so what better place to start than this guy?! (Will cost a bomb though! I suspect it would be one out one in... selling either Mane or Salah)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #6: Sep 09, 2021 05:06:10 pm

Pffft can't even spell Patrik right!!

Only one Paddy Berger around these ways and it ain't that sh*t hack :laugh:

"Ooooooooooohhhhhhhh Patrikkkkkkkkkkkk
      Berger lalalala"
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Sep 09, 2021 05:16:44 pm
      Surprising that Dortmund managed to snap up this lad and Haaland with such ease. For a team that likes to have the profile of potential with high sell on value, we sure do miss out on a lot of players in that bracket. About £40mill combined for them 2 players is what Dortmund paid? Now it will take best part of £150-200mill for someone to sign them both.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #8: Sep 09, 2021 06:07:03 pm
      Surprising that Dortmund managed to snap up this lad and Haaland with such ease. For a team that likes to have the profile of potential with high sell on value, we sure do miss out on a lot of players in that bracket. About £40mill combined for them 2 players is what Dortmund paid? Now it will take best part of £150-200mill for someone to sign them both.
      I think there is an element of ''the player wants that move'' that helps BVB snap up those transfers. I'm pretty sure if we had offered him or Haaland the same contract BVB offered to them and were ready to pay whatever transfer fee their clubs wanted they would've still ended up in Dortmund.

The way I see it is that BVB developed a niche market for themselves where they pretty much tell the player, ''you're 18/19 right now, come play for us 2 or 3 years at a salary lower than what you'd get at a Bayern, LFC or Chelsea but with guaranteed quality starting 11 type of minutes in an organization that has proven it knows how to develop world class talent in a relatively small amount of time and when you move away from us at 20 or 21 you're going to cash in on a contract that usually players with talent comparable to yours only get to see at 26, 27 or 28''.

The idea here is that those guys know they are young, world class and can choose to go where they want. If you have those to things going for you then why not chose BVB where you almost guarantee yourself a better payday for longer in your career. Its a move that makes a lot of sense both financially speaking and from a football stand point.

That's why I'm not convinced when people say we could've gotten Haaland and Bellingham for cheap. Pretty sure those two had bigger names (in terms of clubs) knocking at their doors when they were still with Salzburg/Birmingham but it just makes more sense (to me at least) to go to BVB even if you are sacrificing an immediate better payday. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #9: Sep 09, 2021 06:09:33 pm

They know at Dortmund they will get a chance of regular football with little pressure on them - it’s a club that just seems to enjoy the sport
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #10: Sep 09, 2021 07:13:47 pm
      I think there is an element of ''the player wants that move'' that helps BVB snap up those transfers. I'm pretty sure if we had offered him or Haaland the same contract BVB offered to them and were ready to pay whatever transfer fee their clubs wanted they would've still ended up in Dortmund.

The way I see it is that BVB developed a niche market for themselves where they pretty much tell the player, ''you're 18/19 right now, come play for us 2 or 3 years at a salary lower than what you'd get at a Bayern, LFC or Chelsea but with guaranteed quality starting 11 type of minutes in an organization that has proven it knows how to develop world class talent in a relatively small amount of time and when you move away from us at 20 or 21 you're going to cash in on a contract that usually players with talent comparable to yours only get to see at 26, 27 or 28''.

Exactly. That seems to be their model now and are very good at it as they also have a strong reputation for developing players. Those high-talent young players know Dortmund is just a pit stop for a couple years to increase their skill and value then both get to cash in.

Don't imagine that has always been the case as i don't think that was the plan when Klopp lost Lewa, Gotze and Hummels, though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #11: Sep 09, 2021 07:29:49 pm
      So who do we sell to pay for this transfer? Because it ain't happening otherwise.

Maybe we should start buying these players when Dortmund buys them.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Sep 09, 2021 07:43:28 pm
      They're doing something right at Dortmund.
      Haaland for 20mill from Salzburg
      Bellingham for 25mill from Birmingham.

Unbelievable business.

Can't see us getting either now.
      FSG won't pay whats needed, without some player swap, which makes things more complicated to push through.

Right now FSG wouldn't even have signed them at the prices Dortmund got them !!! :(
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #13: Sep 09, 2021 07:46:26 pm
      I would love this. Well have to start mixing up our first choice attacking lineup soon so what better place to start than this guy?! (Will cost a bomb though! I suspect it would be one out one in... selling either Mane or Salah)

Isn’t he a midfielder, though? And even if he was an attacker, he wouldn’t be ready to replace Mane or Salah’s production.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #14: Sep 09, 2021 08:33:58 pm
      It's alright saying now he was great signing cant remember  anyone complaining to much at the time when he went for so much after playing a handful of games in a  lower league . Their recruitment team has done well just be glad Utd didn't get him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #15: Sep 09, 2021 09:04:01 pm

A red that loves Gerrard.

If there's a choice between the two of us......you got no chance.

Providing we can afford him!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16: Sep 09, 2021 09:09:32 pm
      A red that loves Gerrard.

If there's a choice between the two of us......you got no chance.

Providing we can afford him!!

We both know your owners only  buy big is whern they sell big..... Whos leaving??
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #17: Sep 09, 2021 09:31:46 pm
      Doubt it would happen. English so always a premium and he's already expected to command a huge fee having stood out at Dortmund at such a young age. Unless there is a release clause or an element of the player being a tad under the radar of other major European clubs we don't really do that type of transfer.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #18: Sep 09, 2021 10:18:50 pm
      Definitely has something special about him.

I suspect we will 'monitor' him and 'hold a strong interest' in him for a year or two before he ends up moving to one of the big spenders.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #19: Sep 10, 2021 12:28:24 am
      How reliable is this guy Berger?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #20: Sep 10, 2021 12:53:33 am

Probably not very since he seems to think we’re a MLS team by saying “FC Liverpool”
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #21: Sep 10, 2021 08:48:20 am
      Probably not very since he seems to think we’re a MLS team by saying “FC Liverpool”
      That's how they say it in Germany though init (eg. FC Bayern as on their logo). If anything the fact that he's said FC Liverpool makes him seem more credible as a result since he's clearly in Germany ;)
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #22: Sep 10, 2021 09:54:50 am
      Didn't Birmingham City retire his shirt number after only playing a season for them? What was all that about?

Quick Reply