Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 87817 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #1173: Jun 07, 2023 02:44:23 pm
      Speculation is that Real are buying him for about 85m. If that's the case, there's literally no reason we shouldn't have been in for him. If he would rather go there fine, but to say we can't afford that is heinous. We could still afford that even with the fee for Mac and buying a couple of other players.

I don't think it was just the fee. Wages as well probably came into it, the player himself maybe wasn't as open to coming to us as we've been led to believe. And we seem to have went a different path with targeting 2/3 players.

Honestly I couldn't care less about Jude as we moved in ages ago
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1174: Jun 07, 2023 03:03:03 pm
      Fee agreed with Real for ā‚¬100 million plus add ons.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,302 posts | 770 
      Reply #1175: Jun 07, 2023 03:56:39 pm
      His choice...good luck to him....We've moved on, guessing this thread now well and truly redundant.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #1176: Jun 07, 2023 04:02:01 pm
      86m for a generational talent who was exactly what we need, the player we waited for, is an absolute steel. When you think grealish was 100m, maguire 80m etc ... an absolute steel.

And I've no doubt he wanted to come here. Disappointing to say the least.

Too expensive for us though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1177: Jun 07, 2023 04:12:53 pm
      Fee agreed with Real for ā‚¬100 million plus add ons.

115 million according to Sky sportsā€¦
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1178: Jun 07, 2023 04:15:22 pm
      I don't think it was just the fee. Wages as well probably came into it, the player himself maybe wasn't as open to coming to us as we've been led to believe. And we seem to have went a different path with targeting 2/3 players.

Honestly I couldn't care less about Jude as we moved in ages ago

Kind of same for me. Class player and all that, but for the 115mill they spend were gonna get 3 top players in.

And agree perhaps he was not as keen on coming to us as we thought.

I still think hes is moving at least a year too soon. but hey Madrid dont come calling too often. so fair play to him.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,701 posts | 148 
      Reply #1179: Jun 07, 2023 04:17:39 pm
      Liverpool is the only club where you have to choose between either A or B. God forbid us for wasting Bellingham alongside two midfielders.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1180: Jun 07, 2023 04:18:22 pm
      Liverpool is the only club where you have to choose between either A or B.

It really isn't.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,701 posts | 148 
      Reply #1181: Jun 07, 2023 04:34:14 pm

It is we pulled out because buying him would've used all of our budget. So it was wither him or 3 Midfilders.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,302 posts | 770 
      Reply #1182: Jun 07, 2023 04:47:37 pm
      It is we pulled out because buying him would've used all of our budget. So it was wither him or 3 Midfilders.
      No sexual innuendo intended...but, we were not in, and therefore couldn't pull out.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #1183: Jun 07, 2023 04:53:59 pm
      At least he didnā€™t end up at city or at another rival in the EPL.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1184: Jun 07, 2023 05:07:49 pm

We're not the into club to choose between A and B as you initially said.

Most clubs do that
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1185: Jun 07, 2023 05:24:33 pm
      No sexual innuendo intended...but, we were not in, and therefore couldn't pull out.

you must be tone deaf if you havent heard all the crap coming from the club about him and his family etc. We were in for him until someobody mentioned money  , money that was always going to be too much for us.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,038 posts | 3431 
      Reply #1186: Jun 07, 2023 06:04:51 pm
      For the Ā£115mil he is going for we can get 3 very good midfielders - itā€™s a no brainer

We have to be realistic- we need more than one midfielder and we donā€™t have the level of money to pay Ā£115mil plus whatever is needed for two more midfielders and a defender
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2109 
      Reply #1187: Jun 07, 2023 06:13:45 pm
      For the Ā£115mil he is going for we can get 3 very good midfielders - itā€™s a no brainer

We have to be realistic- we need more than one midfielder and we donā€™t have the level of money to pay Ā£115mil plus whatever is needed for two more midfielders and a defender

It really is as simple as that. The economics and the rationale favour that situation but when did that ever stop some people?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3919 
      Reply #1188: Jun 07, 2023 06:17:47 pm
      Close this thread - it was never going to happen.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1189: Jun 07, 2023 06:33:23 pm
      Well at least we can close what was one of the biggest transfer debacles of recent times.

Less said about this the better.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1190: Jun 07, 2023 07:29:53 pm
      Well at least we can close what was one of the biggest transfer debacles of recent times.

Less said about this the better.

Only really a debacle if you had hanged your hat on us definitely being in for and signing him.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #1191: Jun 07, 2023 07:31:47 pm
      Dream over. What a fiasco. Hopefully we still spend the remaining 95K on the squad... We shouldnt be settling for anything less than x3 CMs x1 CB.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6385 
      Reply #1192: Jun 07, 2023 07:37:55 pm
      Some day maybe we can go after the expensive player that we apparently wanted for 2 years AND add other players the same window. Wouldn't that be fun.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1193: Jun 07, 2023 07:46:29 pm
      Only really a debacle if you had hanged your hat on us definitely being in for and signing him.

It's a debacle because we didn't do anything for two summers cos of this lad.

Cost us top 4 this season gone and as I said in the other thread, I think a good midfielder in the team early last season when Thiago was out certainly would have got us more points so maybe a title gone there.

The whole thing was just a complete shambles from the recruitment team. His transfer fee should not come as a surprise to anyone who watches a bit of football and if that's what it took to shift our plan to 3x40m players then two of them should have already been on our books in the two summers gone.

I guess we will only be able to tell next season if the decision to switch plans was a good one but either way a lot of damage has already been done with the fact we will be playing Europa League football next season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,038 posts | 3431 
      Reply #1194: Jun 07, 2023 07:49:29 pm

Cost us top 4 this season gone and as I said in the other thread, I think a good midfielder in the team early last season when Thiago was out certainly would have got us more points so maybe a title gone there.

The whole thing was just a complete shambles from the recruitment team. His transfer fee should not come as a surprise to anyone who watches a bit of football and if that's what it took to shift our plan to 3x40m players then two of them should have already been on our books in the two summers gone.

I guess we will only be able to tell next season if the decision to switch plans was a good one but either way a lot of damage has already been done with the fact we will be playing Europa League football next season.

Not sure it ā€œcost us top 4ā€ - took a lot more than not signing one player

And it certainly didnā€™t cost us the title the season before as well
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1404 
      Reply #1195: Jun 07, 2023 07:52:58 pm

Still hanging your hat on that, i see. Even though last summer we were in on Tchouameni who simply decided to go somewhere else.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022/08/31/klopp-tchouameni-fresh-transfer-claim/

"We were going for a midfielder who decided to go to another club, which can happen"

Guess JĆ¼rgen lied to us
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2023 07:58:45 pm by CT_LFC »

Quick Reply