Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 87747 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #1219: Jun 08, 2023 02:38:18 pm
      Look at the accounts - does anyone really think we have over £200mil to spend plus the increase in wages etc

If we are getting rid of players, that's wages saved, not sure where the "increase" in wages would be coming from.

Wages should mostly be a wash if you are replacing players.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1220: Jun 08, 2023 02:48:19 pm
      If we are getting rid of players, that's wages saved, not sure where the "increase" in wages would be coming from.

Wages should mostly be a wash if you are replacing players.

Bellingham is getting over £400k a week at Madrid - for us to match that sort of wages due to taxes etc would be a lot more than anyone else we pay right now plus all the other new players arriving
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,980 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1221: Jun 08, 2023 03:04:56 pm
      Bellingham is getting over £400k a week at Madrid - for us to match that sort of wages due to taxes etc would be a lot more than anyone else we pay right now plus all the other new players arriving

£400k 🤢🤢🤢 Football players across the globe are such greedy kunts, wish I was one. 🤷‍♂️
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1222: Jun 08, 2023 03:16:31 pm

i haven't seen anything on reported wages, but if that is true then that's a non starter
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1223: Jun 08, 2023 04:14:54 pm
      Disappointing to see him go to RM, who swatted us aside in the CL this season.
      The lad has the potential to be a superstar.
      But it is what it is.
      We need to do the best we can in the market and hope Jürgen can extract 110% out of any new signings.
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 574 posts | 52 
      Reply #1224: Jun 08, 2023 06:10:40 pm
      Let's just make our own superstar, we have the talent.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #1225: Jun 08, 2023 08:48:10 pm
      Let's just make our own superstar, we have the talent.

That's the spirit.

So much moaning over a player who nobody really can truly say if he wanted to come here even if we were willing to pay for him.

I'd sooner worry about the players we have and the ones that are due to come in this summer.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #1226: Jun 08, 2023 08:58:01 pm
      Nothing justifies that the ownership sold this idea of Bellingham for two years in a row and used it to not do anything about the midfield.

With that said, this doesn't change the fact that the numbers thrown around about this deal are impossible for us to match. I also see a lot of the people who were in the Salah thread earlier this year accusing him and the club of having created a rift between the players by renewing him at 300k now casually saying it would've been okay to give Bellingham the equivalent of 2 or 3 players wages if not more with no mention of ''dressing room problems'' or any of that stuff. I honestly don't mind any argument being made, but the inconsistency and paradoxal thoughts of some people on this forum is phenomenal.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #1227: Jun 08, 2023 09:09:36 pm
      Nothing justifies that the ownership sold this idea of Bellingham for two years in a row and used it to not do anything about the midfield.

Did they though?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #1228: Jun 09, 2023 12:58:00 am
      I personally think they did. What I don't think they did is do that on purpose in order to not spend. I think they genuinely wanted to save money for Bellingham and thought that midfield could carry us another season or two but it ended up being the disaster we saw earlier in the season and they suddenly found themselves in need of two or three midfielders which completely scraps the idea of Bellingham. So basically, I'm holding them accountable for selling to the fans an idea without doing their due diligence in making sure this idea is viable.

I don't think FSG dont spend money or try to avoid to spend money. They do spend money, less than others, true, but also in smarter ways than others. They usually dont back away from fixing squad problems/holes when there is. What happened was, in my opinion, a mix of bad planning + maybe some people being hard headed about how much this midfield could give us and for how long it could give it.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1229: Jun 09, 2023 09:26:37 am
      Guardians of FSG's bank account are breathing a sigh of relief. We courted him and his family all season but the price seemed to shock them they must have been the only people in football not to realise how much he would be costing us.
      After last seasons transfer debacle the "smart" tag is redundant and they need to start again. So far so good for me we seem to be looking for energy which we have lost as the likes of Milner and Hendo have just succumbed to age and injuries.
      Two other players on the radar look like beasts our midfield will resemble a wolf pack next season its very exciting if they all com eoff
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1230: Jun 09, 2023 11:00:59 am
      Guardians of FSG's bank account are breathing a sigh of relief. We courted him and his family all season but the price seemed to shock them they must have been the only people in football not to realise how much he would be costing us.
      After last seasons transfer debacle the "smart" tag is redundant and they need to start again. So far so good for me we seem to be looking for energy which we have lost as the likes of Milner and Hendo have just succumbed to age and injuries.
      Two other players on the radar look like beasts our midfield will resemble a wolf pack next season its very exciting if they all com eoff

Discussions are ongoing mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1231: Jun 09, 2023 12:16:38 pm

if we can find a proactive aggressive midfield we will be F***ing brutal next year it is really down to you know who.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1232: Jun 09, 2023 05:03:27 pm
      if we can find a proactive aggressive midfield we will be F***ing brutal next year it is really down to you know who.

After all the unrealised targets of previous seasons and the frustration of the manager and fans could it be that FSG have finally seen the light and are prepared to back the manager?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1233: Jun 09, 2023 05:09:17 pm
      After all the unrealised targets of previous seasons and the frustration of the manager and fans could it be that FSG have finally seen the light and are prepared to back the manager?

they need to ensure there investment isnt affected in its value by lack of success on the pitch
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1234: Jun 09, 2023 05:13:32 pm
      they need to ensure there investment isnt affected in its value by lack of success on the pitch

Fazakerley.  😉
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1235: Jun 09, 2023 07:49:36 pm
      It’s like Waldorf and Statler just moaning and finding negative in anything
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #1236: Jun 09, 2023 07:54:49 pm
      Think the mods are leaving this open to see how many arguements we can get into about a player not even coming here ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1237: Jun 09, 2023 09:56:38 pm
      Think the mods are leaving this open to see how many arguements we can get into about a player not even coming here ;D

🍿
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #1238: Jun 09, 2023 09:56:42 pm
      Good luck to him. Can see another bad move for a young man happening, but whatever.

Hopefully we’ll be winning the EL whilst City or whoever are knocking those cocky tw*ts who had those “14” shirts printed before the final,
      I’m not bitter at all 😬
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1239: Jun 10, 2023 10:30:42 am
      see we still have the FSG trolls on 24 hour duty.
      Not sure if RM is the correct move for him its a f***in cesspit of Ego's and he is very Young. But in football money talks.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1240: Jun 10, 2023 12:28:35 pm
      Good luck to the lad, I’m just glad those frauds @ Eastlands didn’t land him, might have chucked the towel in if they had .

YNWA
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,678 posts | 145 
      Reply #1241: Jun 14, 2023 12:14:44 pm
      Close the thread he officially signed for Madrid pointless to talk about him.

Quick Reply