Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 87674 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,972 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #322: Sep 27, 2022 02:26:14 pm

So much for FFP if he does.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1771 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #323: Sep 27, 2022 02:29:43 pm
      Cost is going up now £ is dropping so far. l o l
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #324: Sep 27, 2022 02:55:53 pm

Think City have shown by winning that court case that FFP doesn't apply to them.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #325: Sep 27, 2022 03:20:12 pm
      I'd be curious to know. Would you rather have one Bellingham for 100m, or two 50m players (plenty of options there)?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #326: Sep 27, 2022 03:36:13 pm
      Real are favourites at the moment according to the experts another story says £85mil upfront will buy him. I dont think he is anywhere near the finished article and we dont need more potential do we . Hope we do see him in a Red shirt but I cant see it just at the moment
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #327: Sep 27, 2022 03:36:50 pm
      I'd be curious to know. Would you rather have one Bellingham for 100m, or two 50m players (plenty of options there)?

two Naby's no thanks
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #328: Sep 27, 2022 03:40:15 pm

All depends on the player. No guarantee any transfer will be a success. But for example, Benjamin Mendy cost City 50mill, we got Robbo for 7mill and Mendy has been nowhere near the level of Robbo.
      But then can spend big on a player like Alisson or Virgil and it can completely transform a team.

Think it just depends on the players available at the time and what the team needs. Given our midfield is in a state similar to that of our defence before we signed Virgil, a big money signing could transform it and have the same impact, along with some cheaper signings.

We’ve had Trent come through the ranks, Matip was free, Konate was about 30mill and Robbo cost 7. The midfield could go a similar way with a big money signing and then Elliott on a free (pretty much), Fab was about 35/40mill and then get in a few cheaper players that would suit.

Just depends what’s out there really.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #329: Oct 05, 2022 10:34:34 am
      found this yesterday
      "Liverpool’s most recently published accounts revealed assets of £160.7million, including £31m cash in the bank and £108.9m cash owed to them."
      So why did we not push hard for Bellingham and instead took Arthur on loan.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #330: Oct 05, 2022 07:32:06 pm
      found this yesterday
      "Liverpool’s most recently published accounts revealed assets of £160.7million, including £31m cash in the bank and £108.9m cash owed to them."

I assume that the cash owed is for players sales? The deals for Taki, Mane and some others will probably be in instalments over a few years. Does anyone know if we got all the cash for Phil from Barcelona? It would not surprise me if they still owed a chunk of his transfer fee, they appear to owe everyone money, including their own players.

That money may  not be coming in for a few years. Did it say if we owed money to other people/clubs?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1771 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #331: Oct 06, 2022 09:06:53 am
      found this yesterday

Pretty sure dortmund were never selling last summer.

Losing 1 big star was enough for them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #332: Oct 06, 2022 09:13:34 am
      found this yesterday

Because FSG are tight cu*ts
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #333: Oct 06, 2022 01:29:40 pm
      found this yesterday
      Not saying we will get him next summer (looking unlikely considering we're now, reportedly, fighting RM and the UAE), but I'm pretty sure the option to go for him wasn't even there this summer as BVB stated many times he wasn't for sale. Its useless to try this hard to read between the lines when we know the player isn't for sale. If he was available, don't you think Madrid, City and all the other clubs said to be interested would've tried something?

Bottom line is we can criticize the club for not adding a midfielder or two this summer, but its a bit of a stretch to blame them for not getting a player who is contractually bound to another club who will not sell him to anybody before next summer.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #334: Oct 06, 2022 01:43:51 pm
      Not saying we will get him next summer (looking unlikely considering we're now, reportedly, fighting RM and the UAE), but I'm pretty sure the option to go for him wasn't even there this summer as BVB stated many times he wasn't for sale. Its useless to try this hard to read between the lines when we know the player isn't for sale. If he was available, don't you think Madrid, City and all the other clubs said to be interested would've tried something?

Bottom line is we can criticize the club for not adding a midfielder or two this summer, but its a bit of a stretch to blame them for not getting a player who is contractually bound to another club who will not sell him to anybody before next summer.

all players we sign are contractually signed to their clubs unless on a free. Its a convenient FSG excuse not to go for players who are very very expensive and highlighted by the fact we ended up with a loan deal for a player who seems to be way off Jurgens radar at present.
      Its simple really if you want to be a top European club it takes massive investment and as we have ran out of players to sell to finance more FSG have a choice of what happens next.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,972 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #335: Oct 06, 2022 01:59:04 pm
      all players we sign are contractually signed to their clubs unless on a free. Its a convenient FSG excuse not to go for players who are very very expensive and highlighted by the fact we ended up with a loan deal for a player who seems to be way off Jurgens radar at present.
      Its simple really if you want to be a top European club it takes massive investment and as we have ran out of players to sell to finance more FSG have a choice of what happens next.

I think how he performs during the World Cup for us will decide his price tag. Can’t see it being more than 120 mil.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #336: Oct 06, 2022 02:35:33 pm
      Like I said in my post, we can criticize FSG/the club for not going for a midfielder or more this summer. However, I don't understand the idea of conveniently ignoring the fact that Bellingham is not for sale and say ''we didn't go for him'' (that particular midfielder). When I said that he is contractually bound to BVB it was to emphasize the fact that if BVB decides he's not for sale this summer then there's no game (this summer), just like it would mean the same for any player we want to buy from any other club that decides that particular player is not for sale.

Wait until next summer when he is available and we don't try for him or get beat to a reasonable price tag by another club and then criticize to you heart's content, but right now there's a certain redundancy and a certain level of ridicule in blaming the club for not entering an auction that didn't take place.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1771 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #337: Oct 06, 2022 02:44:51 pm
      I think how he performs during the World Cup for us will decide his price tag. Can’t see it being more than 120 mil.

Excellent, cos england are gonna be rotten. l o l
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,265 posts | 757 
      Reply #338: Oct 06, 2022 04:28:28 pm
      Like I said in my post, we can criticize FSG/the club for not going for a midfielder or more this summer. However, I don't understand the idea of conveniently ignoring the fact that Bellingham is not for sale and say ''we didn't go for him'' (that particular midfielder). When I said that he is contractually bound to BVB it was to emphasize the fact that if BVB decides he's not for sale this summer then there's no game (this summer), just like it would mean the same for any player we want to buy from any other club that decides that particular player is not for sale.

Wait until next summer when he is available and we don't try for him or get beat to a reasonable price tag by another club and then criticize to you heart's content, but right now there's a certain redundancy and a certain level of ridicule in blaming the club for not entering an auction that didn't take place.
      As you say you can't buy something if it's not for sale. I suspect there's many issues in play when it comes to transfers, quite a few of which we are not privy to, probably for legal reasons.  I'm not so sure the "Not for sale" statement is as set in stone as you suggest, for any club, and for any player, as there must be a figure a club would accept for any player...I would have thought.
      I take "Not for sale" as we'd very much prefer to keep him, and in the main clubs accept that and retreat, unless of course they are prepared to bid for the player at well beyond his clubs valuation, which can and does happen, but is very rare.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,972 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #339: Oct 06, 2022 04:55:08 pm
      Excellent, cos england are gonna be rotten. l o l

Hope so, maybe United have outside chance of getting him.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #340: Oct 06, 2022 06:07:02 pm
      found this yesterday

Possibly because Dortmund weren't selling after Haaland left.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #341: Oct 06, 2022 08:07:10 pm
      Possibly because Dortmund weren't selling after Haaland left.

yes and no club has ever sold a player that they said wasnt for sale have they.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #342: Oct 07, 2022 12:10:59 am
      What a finish yesterday against Seville.

Hopefully our deal with him won't be hijacked.

Lad looks the goods for sure!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1771 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #343: Oct 07, 2022 09:05:08 am
      Hope so, maybe United have outside chance of getting him.  ;D

L O L.

Never know man
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,972 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #344: Oct 07, 2022 10:52:13 am

It’s interesting just what’s being said in media as your favourite to buy him yet the FSG pay structure basically says otherwise as a rule. Hope FSG stand by it.  :f_whistle:  ;D

Quick Reply