Trending Topics

Next match: Man City v LFC [League Cup] Wed 21st Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Etihad

Today is the 27th of November and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W14 D4 L5

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 22035 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,906 posts | 6568 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #414: Nov 12, 2022 10:21:09 am
      Liverpool should go all in on this kid and bring in two free transfers for the other requirements.
      Every now and then the team needs to roll the dice on a player to keep up the pace.

this is the reality now values are not values they are what someone is prepared to pay for a player and seeing him recently do some wonderful stuff he is as good as anyone and will definitely improve our aging and leggy midfield.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,235 posts | 2057 
      Reply #415: Nov 13, 2022 09:14:33 pm
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,004 posts | 482 
      Reply #416: Nov 16, 2022 02:28:39 pm
      Anybody here with a background in finance could give us his opinion about the Bellingham situation? The premise to my question is that we know that LFC, under FSG, is willing to spend big when the potential and immediate benefit is extremely high (VVD and Alisson come to mind). Some would even say that this is only partially true and that big spending has to be offset by selling players (Coutinho comes to mind). However, what we know is that under FSG, Liverpool will not enter a big money race for any player they dont consider pivotal and that even when the player is indeed pivotal, there is a point (a sum) at which we get out of the race and look for other targets.

My question is: considering Bellingham might go for a sum that is well over 100m, is it plausible that FSG are willing to spend big on him and just include that money in the price tag they put on the club, if not raise it by 200m or 300m when they eventually sell?

My logic here is that I know that 120m sounds like pennies when talking about a multi-billion deal, but isn't a big ''deal sweetener'' for anybody looking to buy a football club when that club just added what a lot of people describe as a ''generational talent'' to it's roster? A player that will, no doubt, bring a lot on the pitch, but bring just as much, if not more, on the commercial side of things. This sounds like the type of business FSG likes to do. Invest 120m, recoup 200m or 300m in the form of an improved selling price for the club. But then again, I'm not somebody with a finance/business background so I could be wrong.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,169 posts | 1265 
      Reply #417: Nov 16, 2022 03:38:50 pm
      A single player isn't going to have any significant impact on the valuation of a club. Jude could turn out to be the next great thing.....or the next Sancho for all we know.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,004 posts | 482 
      Reply #418: Nov 16, 2022 04:01:53 pm
      A single player isn't going to have any significant impact on the valuation of a club. Jude could turn out to be the next great thing.....or the next Sancho for all we know.
      Makes sense. That's why I decided to ask the question. I knew its one of those things that, on the surface, sounds plausible, but are not necessarily true. I'm interested to see what's the opinion of others too.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,689 posts | 235 
      Reply #419: Nov 22, 2022 12:47:37 am
      Jumping on the hype train, this lads a beast. Just like when we signed Virgil and Allison, a perfect match fitting the exact role we need.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,419 posts | 5301 
      Reply #420: Nov 24, 2022 03:20:03 pm
      "The reality is Bellingham, valued at more than £100 million, already looks beyond Liverpool’s means unless a new investor is found, or another star player is sold. Liverpool could only buy Darwin Nunez and afford Mohamed Salah’s new contract because they sacrificed Sadio Mane. " (Chris Bascome)
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,570 posts | 376 
      Reply #421: Nov 24, 2022 11:51:25 pm
      Don't know what Bellingham is going to cost by the end of this world cup. I think he is just what we need. It will probably come down to him. If he insists on going to us, Dortmund will have to accept a good, but not unaffordable to us, offer, eventually. Hopefully he really is a fan, and insists on us as his destination.

Quick Reply