Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 85961 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #483: Dec 07, 2022 09:06:57 pm
      I very much doubt you are privy to whatever reason(s) they had for going there. Money being the obvious one, but unlikely to be the only reason. Guaranteed playing in the Champions league every season perhaps another, and having had the privilege of living and working in Paris, I can say it's a truly great City.

Funny, my neighbor lived in Paris for a few years working for IBM and said it was a sh*t city. Almost like different people have different experiences.
      This is tiring. You are right, I'm wrong, take a bow.

In actual news, it appears that there is a lot of noise coming out of Germany today regarding Dortmund informing Real Madrid that Jude is likely to come to Liverpool. Take that with a huge wagonload of salt though as we have a long way to go till summertime.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,225 posts | 1650 
      Reply #484: Dec 07, 2022 09:11:59 pm
      Said for a long time think he will play for us. Henry Winter comment always stuck for me. Lack of money spent and saving for this big deal.  Nothing has happened since to persuade  me otherwise in fact its been reinforced
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,153 posts | 717 
      Reply #485: Dec 07, 2022 09:16:41 pm
      Funny, my neighbor lived in Paris for a few years working for IBM and said it was a sh*t city. Almost like different people have different experiences.
      This is tiring. You are right, I'm wrong, take a bow.

In actual news, it appears that there is a lot of noise coming out of Germany today regarding Dortmund informing Real Madrid that Jude is likely to come to Liverpool. Take that with a huge wagonload of salt though as we have a long way to go till summertime.
      like you I'll be chuffed if he comes to us....Time will tell
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #486: Dec 08, 2022 09:07:12 am
      Lots of stuff going round from various journo's saying this lad is close to signing for us.

He has told Madrid to do one. l o l
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #487: Dec 08, 2022 09:19:05 am
      If we do go for him are we going for him in January or the Summer?

Just wondering when to order the lube and tissues for.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,970 posts | 236 
      Reply #489: Dec 08, 2022 10:51:28 am

All the reports say that it might be a Summer signing. Everything seems to be in place except for the valuation. We are offering 86 million at the moment while Dortmund wants 130 million according to the latest reports.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #490: Dec 08, 2022 11:09:19 am

Seen something on twitter saying it could happen in January. Not sure if I believe it though. Send Naby and the Ox the other way. l o l
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #491: Dec 08, 2022 12:11:29 pm
      Seen something on twitter saying it could happen in January. Not sure if I believe it though. Send Naby and the Ox the other way. l o l

Regardless of what happens with Jude, there will be no takers for Naby or Ox in January.  We will be stuck carrying their wages until June. 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #492: Dec 08, 2022 12:48:08 pm
      Regardless of what happens with Jude, there will be no takers for Naby or Ox in January.  We will be stuck carrying their wages until June. 

probably right, butu never know, we probably wouldnt ask for much of a fee, getting constatly injured guys of the wages is probably worth more. l o l
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8510 
      Reply #493: Dec 08, 2022 03:01:20 pm
      I very much doubt you are privy to whatever reason(s) they had for going there. Money being the obvious one, but unlikely to be the only reason. Guaranteed playing in the Champions league every season perhaps another, and having had the privilege of living and working in Paris, I can say it's a truly great City.

Just a shame the authorities and police are full of cu*ts that couldn't hold an event like the Champions league final!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8510 
      Reply #494: Dec 08, 2022 03:01:58 pm

It'll be the summer rather than January.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1447 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #495: Dec 08, 2022 03:11:23 pm

Maybe a pay now join in Summer thing… but yeah this kid is gonna boss the Prem for a while, let’s hope it’s with us.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #496: Dec 08, 2022 03:41:47 pm
      It'll be the summer rather than January.

I tend to think that too. but like I say was just a twitter post cant even remember who it was from.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #497: Dec 08, 2022 03:42:14 pm
      Maybe a pay now join in Summer thing… but yeah this kid is gonna boss the Prem for a while, let’s hope it’s with us.

Aye, could be just get the deal agreed now
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #498: Dec 08, 2022 05:17:28 pm
      This one is starting to feel a lot like the Naby and Virgil transfers. Against my better judgement I choose to believe this is going to happen.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #499: Dec 08, 2022 06:00:06 pm
      This one is starting to feel a lot like the Naby and Virgil transfers. Against my better judgement I choose to believe this is going to happen.

Let's hope it's a bit more Virgil than Naby
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #500: Dec 08, 2022 06:03:04 pm
      Let's hope it's a bit more Virgil than Naby

I just mean all of the noise pre-transfer. Naby was a target for a long time and it wasn't really a well kept secret...and we agreed a deal well in advance so we knew he was coming in the summer.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,680 posts | 3356 
      Reply #501: Dec 08, 2022 06:12:26 pm

It will be in the summer

Listening on the radio the belief was the money was there in the summer for Bellingham but Dortmund wouldn’t sell because of losing Haaland so it was a choice of waiting for him or getting someone else

Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,632 posts | 128 
      Reply #502: Dec 10, 2022 02:40:38 pm
      Judging from the media reports in the past few days it seems like we will sign him in the next few weeks   :D

Maybe he favors Liverpool but if we sign him next summer why all the talk now? Maybe we will agree a transfer with Dortmund in January but let him continue to play there till the summer? Then again why would Bellingham commit to that if we might not even qualify for CL?

Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1081 
      Reply #503: Dec 10, 2022 02:48:28 pm
      Judging from the media reports in the past few days it seems like we will sign him in the next few weeks   :D

Maybe he favors Liverpool but if we sign him next summer why all the talk now? Maybe we will agree a transfer with Dortmund in January but let him continue to play there till the summer? Then again why would Bellingham commit to that if we might not even qualify for CL?

He's going to have to make it work for the club if that's possible. Telling Dortmund he only wants us would help ... as van dijk did with Southampton.

As for the CL it's going to be very hard to make top 4 this season I feel. He needs to look long term and see that we are rebuilding and he would be a part of that.

Still don't see how the numbers work though.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #504: Dec 10, 2022 03:40:43 pm
      Aye, could be just get the deal agreed now

If we are going to do this than we would need to seal it now, even for a summer transfer.

The agent-driven narrative seems to be "Liverpool management, you can have this star player but only if you pony up much more than you are currently offering."

I want to believe it, but I don't yet.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #505: Dec 12, 2022 01:47:06 pm
      I hope it's true we're signing him. I don't like this Wonder kid thing, they are very often disappointing but he has shown at the highest level that he's a very good player and potentially one of the best CM around.

Quick Reply