Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 87988 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #506: Dec 12, 2022 03:07:55 pm
      I never allow myself to get interested, let alone, excited about a mere rumour.

But I've never been as desperate to see this done as I have since Ali and the Virgil and then probably Torres before that. Our midfield is gagging for someone like Jude and he's good enough to be the keystone in the next Jürgen era...that's if Jürgen wants that era enough to stay on which I'm sure he does. Don't think I've been as impressed with an English youngster at a tournament since Rooney in 2004. He was head and shoulders the star of the show in Qatar for them. I reckon England not following the typical England pattern of play of being overrun in the midfield and battered out of possession against France is largely down to him.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #507: Dec 12, 2022 03:46:59 pm
      Its more than rumours I think this time, and with Hendo basically being his best pal at WC. I think if the money can be agreed between clubs its a done deal.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #508: Dec 12, 2022 08:39:46 pm
      Its more than rumours I think this time, and with Hendo basically being his best pal at WC. I think if the money can be agreed between clubs its a done deal.

This will move quickly now . No way people are going sit back and let others make their moves we need to be all over it
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,128 posts | 83 
      Reply #509: Dec 13, 2022 01:25:19 am
      Do we talk about a possible deal in January or next summer?
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #510: Dec 13, 2022 08:59:09 am
      Do we talk about a possible deal in January or next summer?

Has to be January. Get this done pronto.

It's literally the only reason why Trent went with the squad. No coincidence that he's been best mates with both Trent and Hendo.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #511: Dec 13, 2022 02:15:58 pm
      Has to be January. Get this done pronto.

It's literally the only reason why Trent went with the squad. No coincidence that he's been best mates with both Trent and Hendo.

He’s not coming in January. I don’t understand how you think that Trent going to the World Cup could be orchestrated purely for us to get Jude. That doesn’t even begin to make any sense.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,128 posts | 83 
      Reply #512: Dec 13, 2022 02:52:10 pm
      I‘d agree I‘d like Jude here in January, but the odds seem to be pretty low. Could Jude play for us in CL? Bc that would make me overpay Dortmund to get him.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #513: Dec 13, 2022 03:14:29 pm
      He’s not coming in January. I don’t understand how you think that Trent going to the World Cup could be orchestrated purely for us to get Jude. That doesn’t even begin to make any sense.

Aye strange shout that one.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #514: Dec 16, 2022 08:51:18 am

I don't understand how you can respond this way to my post  :lmao:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #515: Dec 18, 2022 05:34:16 am
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #516: Dec 18, 2022 08:10:10 am
      I don't understand how you can respond this way to my post  :lmao:

Are you okay?
      Don77

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #517: Dec 22, 2022 04:29:32 pm

I'll say it again. No way Bellingham comes here. We'll never pay the fee. We'll never pay the wages. We need 2 or 3 players in midfield, not one. And if Bob goes we need a striker too. Only salah, virg and Ali can raise the sort of funds needed to get Bellingham and we arnt selling them. Going to be a long season and a frustrating summer I fear.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #518: Dec 24, 2022 02:19:11 pm
      Watching Bellingham in the World cup, I think  he would make a great signing, if it actually came true.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #519: Dec 24, 2022 04:18:37 pm
      I'll say it again. No way Bellingham comes here. We'll never pay the fee. We'll never pay the wages. We need 2 or 3 players in midfield, not one. And if Bob goes we need a striker too. Only salah, virg and Ali can raise the sort of funds needed to get Bellingham and we arnt selling them. Going to be a long season and a frustrating summer I fear.

I'm not saying it will happen, but if we got a 2nd CM on a free (maybe Laimer or someone similar) it could allow us to spend big on a player like Jude or Enzo.  Also, haven't reports been suggesting that contract talks between the club and Bobby have been progressing well?  I expect him and Thiago will both get 2-3 year extensions. 
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 1098 
      Reply #520: Dec 25, 2022 06:32:08 pm
      I'm not saying it will happen, but if we got a 2nd CM on a free (maybe Laimer or someone similar) it could allow us to spend big on a player like Jude or Enzo.  Also, haven't reports been suggesting that contract talks between the club and Bobby have been progressing well?  I expect him and Thiago will both get 2-3 year extensions.

Laimer going to Bayern 😔
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #521: Dec 26, 2022 03:03:31 pm
      Can’t see how we CAN’T be in the hat for Jude, he is not money oriented he just simply wants to be the best he can be with the natural talent he has and there is no better place nor a better set up in the UK than at Liverpool,

We have modern training facilities, a superb world renowned stadium and the best manager in planet football to work under, we also have the prestige, pedigree and history of being a successful team, all the ingredients for a young potential world class player to thrive in and make his dreams reality, again he is NOT money oriented, but winning titles, medals & tin is,

He’s a perfect fit for us and LFC is the perfect fit for him, and this summer will be the perfect time for him to move up another level, he’s Almost guaranteed a shoe in start and ticks every single box there is when it comes to character & persona, everything Jürgen looks for in his players,

So why the F**k not, I can’t see him going to City, where does he fit in ? he wants 1st team action, not guaranteed under Pep, he wants regular CL and regular title challenges he’d get both here,
      I think a deal can be done, perhaps similar to how we landed Naby, and we have a good affinity with BvB which helps smooth things over, all we can do is hope, we have plenty of pro’s going for us , more so I’d say than rivals for his signature ??

Hope Over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,333 posts | 281 
      Reply #522: Dec 27, 2022 09:22:41 am
      Just look at Grealish, go to City you become another in and out player without having a real role maybe they'd replace Gundogan with him?
      I'm sure it would be sold to him come to Liverpool and become the next Steven Gerrard, give him the number 8 shirt, perfect replacement for Hendo, next captain after VVD.
      It's not all bullshit to sway him it's genuine reasons along with the fact that we are a genuine club not a plastic one like City and Chelsea
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #523: Dec 27, 2022 10:06:49 am
      Can’t see how we CAN’T be in the hat for Jude, he is not money oriented he just simply wants to be the best he can be with the natural talent he has and there is no better place nor a better set up in the UK than at Liverpool,

We have modern training facilities, a superb world renowned stadium and the best manager in planet football to work under, we also have the prestige, pedigree and history of being a successful team, all the ingredients for a young potential world class player to thrive in and make his dreams reality, again he is NOT money oriented, but winning titles, medals & tin is,

He’s a perfect fit for us and LFC is the perfect fit for him, and this summer will be the perfect time for him to move up another level, he’s Almost guaranteed a shoe in start and ticks every single box there is when it comes to character & persona, everything Jürgen looks for in his players,

So why the F**k not, I can’t see him going to City, where does he fit in ? he wants 1st team action, not guaranteed under Pep, he wants regular CL and regular title challenges he’d get both here,
      I think a deal can be done, perhaps similar to how we landed Naby, and we have a good affinity with BvB which helps smooth things over, all we can do is hope, we have plenty of pro’s going for us , more so I’d say than rivals for his signature ??

Y  N  W  A

This make a lot of sense Billy, and ups my confidence in us signing him a bit.  Only other distraction for him is, would he prefer to play in the sun for one of the Spanish outfits.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #524: Dec 27, 2022 12:16:46 pm

This make a lot of sense Billy, and ups my confidence in us signing him a bit.  Only other distraction for him is, would he prefer to play in the sun for one of the Spanish outfits.

Not so sure he is so enamoured by the Spanish giants as perhaps South American player’s seem to be, he’s British born and it’s in his DNA to live & breath more naturally in a Northern climate rather than a Mediterranean one, apart perhaps from the attraction of earning  millions more in £’s, but again money isn’t his sole objective, winning is, he knows he’s made for life now where ever he ply’s his trade, so no, I’m not so sure warmer climes are necessarily important to him,

He’s not a ‘Silly tw*t’ like Grealish or the equally silly Kalvin Phillips who both sacrificed regular playing days to warm the City bench for a few million dollars more, a slap in the face to those fellow professionals who would give both their nuts to have half the talent those two are wasting,

Jude Bellingham is switched on and already knows his path to success is to play with the best, now you ask yourself, if your Jude Bellingham, where would I have the best chance of achieving all that I want from my relatively short playing career?.. would it be at well established European club in rural Germany where the football style suits my developing career, where I’m very comfortable in a fairly tough environment or would I use this experience as a stepping stone, away from the poisonous and toxic British media who would undoubtedly be detrimental to my flourishing talents ?….and once I’m fully developed can think about the next stage of my career…

and what if you are Jürgen Klopp, and you are in the midst of rebuilding a midfield that will see you thru hopefully the next ten years, who & what kind of player would I want ?….if you put all the parameters in from both interested parties,  and jumbled them all up and then shook the sh*t out of them, put them in a computer guess what two names would come out……Liverpool & Bellingham……it’s written in the stars ppl and sponsored by….Messer’s Henderson and Alexander Arnold…during Engurland sorties…. It’s why Neville panic’s whenever Jude’s name comes up…cos even he knows Bellingham is Anfield bound,

When you stand back and take a look at what Jürgen is building it really does make you smile, whilst  City, Chavs, & Newcastle continue buying their way up the success ladder, Jürgen is building a empire, we will never compete financially with any of those, even if we do have further investment to delve into, because Jürgen builds, not buy’s, even if he had the collateral of a City, he’d still build, not buy, of course targets he would want would be easier to attain that’s the only difference, it’s easy being a cheque book manager you simply set your sights on a target, then wave your cheque book and say, how much you want for……?? Job done,  hence the ‘Silly tw*ts’ at City,

Ask yourself why is it taking so long for the young lads at City to flourish, they have had their academy running longer than the AxA but yet only Foden and that impressive Palmer lad have come thru it, as far as I can tell, yet look at how our young lads are progressing, Trent, Elliot, Morton, Van de Berg, Bacjetic, Gordon, Clarke, Phillips, Williams (Rhys & Neco), Millar, Doak etc etc, all given the opportunity to shine under Jürgen and working with Inglethorpe and his world class academy,

I’m wandering way off topic, I know, but getting back to Jude Bellingham, he knows what’s best for Jude Bellingham and we can’t guarantee he’ll come to us, but his options are limited aren’t they, he won’t be heading to Newcastle, nah, that wouldn’t work, City, can’t rule them out, but Jude will want as many minutes on the pitch as possible, not guaranteed @ the emptihad, Madrid, can’t see it, he’ll want to play in the best league with the best players, Barcelona, same answer, …ANFIELD….ticks all the boxes for him, and ticks all the boxes for us….

Go get him Jürgen, you know it makes sense !!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

Prime
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts | 12 
      Reply #525: Jan 01, 2023 02:05:43 pm

Y  N  W  A
      With all due respect, you don’t know what he wants. That’s what YOU want him to want.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #526: Jan 01, 2023 03:02:57 pm
      With all due respect, you don’t know what he wants. That’s what YOU want him to want.

It is reported that Bellingham’s father wants his lad to join LFC.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #527: Jan 01, 2023 03:27:19 pm

Also read this, hope Jude listens to his old man's wise words.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #528: Jan 01, 2023 04:17:00 pm

I’ve also heard they are at loggerheads because he want to join City.
      Hope his old man persuades him 😁

Quick Reply