Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 84751 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #23: Sep 10, 2021 04:51:42 pm
      We both know your owners only  buy big is whern they sell big..... Whos leaving??

Linda's bra!!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #24: Sep 11, 2021 10:04:04 pm
      This is a pipe dream signing. Great player, but I'd like to see us try and snag Gallagher off Chelsea and then go HAM for a front 3 man. Gallagher stood out last season for WB, and is bossing it at CP. That kid crushed Tottenham today, he was everywhere.
      « Last Edit: Sep 12, 2021 05:28:07 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #25: Sep 15, 2021 07:08:32 pm
      He's ridiculously good.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #26: Sep 15, 2021 11:34:48 pm
      Amazing how how our money ball system can’t even notice talent like Bellingham on their footsteps 🤣
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #27: Sep 16, 2021 12:01:06 am
      Amazing talent reminds me a lot of Zidane.

Another 3 or 4 years he'll be a top 5 player in the world.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #28: Sep 16, 2021 05:50:11 am
      To add to the hype;

Jude Bellingham (18 years 78 days) became the youngest player ever to score in consecutive Champions League games, surpassing Mbappe.

He scored and assisted one as Borussia Dortmund beat Bestikas 2-1.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4879 
      Reply #29: Sep 16, 2021 09:54:08 am
      Amazing how how our money ball system can’t even notice talent like Bellingham on their footsteps 🤣

But it did notice Elliott ;)

That aside this kid looks class
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #30: Sep 16, 2021 01:11:53 pm

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it ;D

Kid looks good and couple years from now BvB able to ask for 100m for him
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #31: Sep 16, 2021 01:18:47 pm

In hindsight, I should have selected those winning numbers for the last lotto draw… ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32: Sep 16, 2021 01:19:53 pm
      Imagine the wee Internet bed wetter's if we signed this guy and big Haalland    :lmao: :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #33: Sep 16, 2021 01:36:24 pm

Kid looks good and couple years from now BvB able to ask for 100m for him

You have to ask yourself why are BVB so good at finding these gems.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #34: Sep 16, 2021 01:43:49 pm

Each player is known - they go to Dortmund because they know they will get a chance to get games - Sancho turned down staying at City , Bellingham turned down Man Utd
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #35: Sep 16, 2021 05:19:29 pm
      They're doing something right at Dortmund.
      Haaland for 20mill from Salzburg
      Bellingham for 25mill from Birmingham.

Unbelievable business.

Can't see us getting either now.
      FSG won't pay whats needed, without some player swap, which makes things more complicated to push through.

Right now FSG wouldn't even have signed them at the prices Dortmund got them !!! :(

FSG are liars and chespskates!
      JWH was fond of saying the manager can have any player he wants - he only has to ask!
      That was some time ago and before it became obvious that nothing was further from the truth.

When NESV acquired the club he was quoted as saying they would provide the means to make LFC great again - he only said that once as he stood on the pitch at Anfield and when he returned to Boston the statement was refashioned to suit their financial objectives.

Klopp is their saviour after years of failure and anyone who says otherwise has an agenda or amnesia.

This thread should be titled 'Bellingham another one that will get away'!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #36: Sep 16, 2021 06:13:40 pm

I don't know if it is about find gems, these players are well known around UK and Europe. Like Lallana in Pyjamas said players know they are more likely to get playing time at BvB then if they signed for top tier club where they chances of getting regular football harder which most times results in hurt their development. Plus with the draw of being a big club and UCL regular it does make it a good stepping stone spot for young players (much like Benfica or RB Lepzig)
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #37: Sep 17, 2021 03:04:47 pm
      JWH was fond of saying the manager can have any player he wants - he only has to ask!
      That was some time ago and before it became obvious that nothing was further from the truth.

When NESV acquired the club he was quoted as saying they would provide the means to make LFC great again - he only said that once as he stood on the pitch at Anfield and when he returned to Boston the statement was refashioned to suit their financial objectives.

Klopp is their saviour after years of failure and anyone who says otherwise has an agenda or amnesia.

This thread should be titled 'Bellingham another one that will get away'!

Mate when I saw his name I didn't even bother reading, things are that bad. I just came now to see what delluisional poster is convinced we'll sign him, Haaland and Mbappe.

Anyone who thinks our success is down to anything other than Jürgen Klopp turning water in to wine is smoking crack.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #38: Sep 17, 2021 07:59:10 pm
      Mate when I saw his name I didn't even bother reading, things are that bad. I just came now to see what delluisional poster is convinced we'll sign him, Haaland and Mbappe.

Anyone who thinks our success is down to anything other than Jürgen Klopp turning water in to wine is smoking crack.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4879 
      Reply #39: Sep 18, 2021 12:48:01 am
      When NESV acquired the club he was quoted as saying they would provide the means to make LFC great again

Well they 'provided' Jürgen Klopp and a recruitment team that has built one of the best teams in Europe.

Unless you're talking purely money again which is disappointing mate as I never used to have you down as a money obsessed person when I first came on here all those years ago.

But all you seem to equate ownership with is buying players.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #40: Sep 18, 2021 11:35:04 am
      Well they 'provided' Jürgen Klopp and a recruitment team that has built one of the best teams in Europe.

Unless you're talking purely money again which is disappointing mate as I never used to have you down as a money obsessed person when I first came on here all those years ago.

But all you seem to equate ownership with is buying players.

I am quoting JWH on at least one occasion when he said on camera he would provide the means to make LFC great again, when asked if that meant finance he replied in the affirmative.
      LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: Sep 18, 2021 01:17:13 pm
      great player  would love to have him.. can't see FSG  spending the money needed though he won't be cheap.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 82 
      Reply #42: Sep 19, 2021 10:54:30 am

Quite possible they spoke the truth. They opened their purse for VVD and Alisson. Now, it's quite possible Klopp is happy with what he has. We are loaded, the core of the team knows each other to perfection which transitions to better field performance. New players can also harm a team, it's not only a one way direction. Klopp knows that. Was e.g. Lukaku really someone better than our front 4? Should we have bought him despite pissing off one of our front 4? I think FSG is still ok wit their spending policy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4879 
      Reply #43: Sep 19, 2021 05:52:21 pm
      I am quoting JWH on at least one occasion when he said on camera he would provide the means to make LFC great again, when asked if that meant finance he replied in the affirmative.

Did he actually say that? Wouldn't mind watching that again if you could throw up the link.

We are great again though are we not??

At least I consider us to be given recent trophies etc etc etc.

By most measurements anyone would consider us one of the top teams in the world.

Anyway back the Bellingham to stay on topic and he definitely seems like he's going to the very top so will be interesting to see his next move.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #44: Sep 19, 2021 06:11:59 pm
      Did he actually say that? Wouldn't mind watching that again if you could throw up the link.

We are great again though are we not??

At least I consider us to be given recent trophies etc etc etc.

By most measurements anyone would consider us one of the top teams in the world.

Anyway back the Bellingham to stay on topic and he definitely seems like he's going to the very top so will be interesting to see his next move.

I think it was after we missed out on the league and after the CL final - Henry said the club would go again and provide the manager with whatever players were needed for them to win the league ( or something along those lines )
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4879 
      Reply #45: Sep 19, 2021 06:17:01 pm

I think it was after we missed out on the league and after the CL final - Henry said the club would go again and provide the manager with whatever players were needed for them to win the league ( or something along those lines )

Ah, I do think I recall that. Was it on camera?

Anyway we did win the league after that right?

Quick Reply