Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 84632 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #299: Sep 23, 2022 11:12:08 am
      Yes but it is relevant because it's a hole in the squad for an age profile of player that is critical to successful clubs.
      So while it's easy to dismiss, it's actually where the squad has the biggest problem and
      why Keita and Ox need to be replaced.

The bigger problem is that when they both are gone at the end of the season the club will get zero funds
      to go towards bringing in two new midfielders, which the squad desperately needs.

It's a hole in the squad that should've been adressed 2 summers ago, it's nothing new unfortunately. The frustrating thing is, Ox was going to be leaving this summer for a fee, was a small fee but he was leaving up until his injury he picked up.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #300: Sep 23, 2022 11:15:59 am
      The fact the Klopp has a very good record on the whole in the transfer market 3 x 50 million players makes more sense.

Defo mate
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #301: Sep 23, 2022 05:36:02 pm
      Keita and Ox being largely absent is a massive problem.
      Firmino, Keita, Ox and Milner are all out of contract at the end of the season.

Keita and Ox have been a problem for a few seasons and they just cant be called upon week in week out and Milner is really nothing more than a 10 min sub or a penalty shoot out option. We are placing a lot of faith in very young players exceptional players turning into super stars which hopefully they will become
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #302: Sep 23, 2022 06:51:32 pm
      1 150mill player

or

3 x 50mill players, cos by all accounts it could be 3 or 4 players we need over the next couple of transfer windows.

I'm pretty sure it would be the latter option.

I think it's to early to know what option is best. If Elliot, Carvalho and Jones develop as players, maybe Bellingham at 100+ million would be the best option. We'd have 4 good young midfielders with 3 senior, injury prone players- Fab, Hendo and Thiago. That could be midfield sorted for 2 seasons.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #303: Sep 23, 2022 09:56:20 pm
      1 150mill player

or

3 x 50mill players, cos by all accounts it could be 3 or 4 players we need over the next couple of transfer windows.

I'm pretty sure it would be the latter option.

Better to go for the 3x £50 mill players. Bellingham is not the best player in the world by a long way and with how good our scouting has been, there are players out there that are as good or can be under Jurgens guidance.

Not worth £150 million imo
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #304: Sep 23, 2022 10:03:16 pm
      Better to go for the 3x £50 mill players. Bellingham is not the best player in the world by a long way and with how good our scouting has been, there are players out there that are as good or can be under Jurgens guidance.

Not worth £150 million imo

he is only 19 but for £150 mil I expect a player to be able to use both feet and to head a ball
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #305: Sep 23, 2022 10:42:12 pm
      he is only 19 but for £150 mil I expect a player to be able to use both feet and to head a ball

Your seeing the same with Jude as we did with Sancho!! Did if for BD but not England.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #306: Sep 24, 2022 10:38:04 am
      With the current crashing pound, £150m last week will be more like £250m next year.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #307: Sep 24, 2022 11:16:08 am
      With the current crashing pound, £150m last week will be more like £250m next year.

Very rich people have had a massive tax cut so we might save a bit of money on his wages.

Every cloud...
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #308: Sep 26, 2022 01:10:33 am
      Jude is very good, and no doubt anyone would be happy to have him. But if we get him, we handicap ourselves, as he would more than likely being our only signing. 100+mil is a big drop. We need several midfielders, not one expensive one. I'd rather pull a Michael Edward's and snag 3 or 4 under the radar players who set us up well for the future, than to put all our eggs in one basket.

IF we get Jude though, I'll be very happy
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2022 04:39:28 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #309: Sep 26, 2022 08:42:41 am
      Love us to sign this fella but unfortunately I don’t think it will happen, hope I’m completely wrong but, the price plus the wages will prove too much, James Maddison is a experienced player, he’s 26 approaching his peak years and is desperate to get out of Leicester he’d still be expensive being English but wages could be affordable, has lot’s of potential and Jürgen can get another 10-12% from him, we need more creativity in the AM slot and he fits the bill, watch this space come January??

This fella ticks all the boxes for me and although he’s 31 now hasn’t lost anything, maybe a yard of pace, Eden Hazard, he’d be ideal cover and perhaps be sole proprietor in the Thiago role, not sure FSG Would spunk up the spondoolies for a ageing player but never say never,

Youri Tielemans has also potential but he’s not much better if at all, than what we already have, so not sure he would enhance the side, for me the most likely to arrive from those above would be Maddison, as sure as there’s sh*t in a cat, he’s leaving Leicester this season, maybe as early as January, question is, does/is he a good enough fit for a Klopp side, I think he is, rumoured to be Spuds bound but if offered the opportunity to play in London or for Jürgen Klopp is a no brainer, ticks most of the boxes for me !!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #310: Sep 26, 2022 10:07:37 am
      he’s 26 approaching his peak years and is desperate to get out of Leicester he’d still be expensive being English

Not if they get relegated because they will be left with little choice but to sell. Might even have a relegation release clause in his contract.

Youri Tielemans has also potential but he’s not much better if at all, than what we already have, so not sure he would enhance the side, for me the most likely to arrive from those above would be Maddison, as sure as there’s sh*t in a cat, he’s leaving Leicester this season, maybe as early as January, question is, does/is he a good enough fit for a Klopp side, I think he is, rumoured to be Spuds bound but if offered the opportunity to play in London or for Jürgen Klopp is a no brainer, ticks most of the boxes for me !!

Complete donkey of a player. He will score the odd goal fom distance but his workrate and defensive work is shocking. Not a chance does the club even given him a 2nd thought IMO. Used to think he'd be a good signing but then when you actually start watching him he's garbage, just strolling around, loses the ball cheaply and then makes no effort to try and win it back or get back into position.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #311: Sep 26, 2022 10:30:31 am
      Love us to sign this fella but unfortunately I don’t think it will happen, hope I’m completely wrong but, the price plus the wages will prove too much, James Maddison is a experienced player, he’s 26 approaching his peak years and is desperate to get out of Leicester he’d still be expensive being English but wages could be affordable, has lot’s of potential and Jürgen can get another 10-12% from him, we need more creativity in the AM slot and he fits the bill, watch this space come January??

Good shout with Maddison Billy.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #312: Sep 26, 2022 08:24:54 pm
      he is off to RM in the Summer so we can stop pretending we had the cash to buy him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #313: Sep 26, 2022 08:27:00 pm
      he is off to RM in the Summer so we can stop pretending we had the cash to buy him

We're buying his kid brother!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #314: Sep 26, 2022 09:20:07 pm
      he is way off being World Class and £150 mil is world class experienced winning player
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #315: Sep 26, 2022 09:28:47 pm
      Kid is a good player, particularly for his age, but with that price tag you're basically gambling on him being some type of generational talent which he really doesn't seem to be.

In any case, he's absolutely not gonna save our midfield problems on his own, so I don't see how we're ever spending that amount of money on him.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #316: Sep 27, 2022 09:24:12 am
      Annoying me that Twitter seems to think he’s coming to Liverpool.

I just can’t see it happening at all.
      HarryJules12
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #317: Sep 27, 2022 09:26:36 am
      I'm keeping the faith. Follow his old man on Twitter and his family seem very grounded; don't think he'd move anywhere just for money, and working under Jürgen surely has to be up there from a career perspective.

He'd come here and be an instant starter in a side chasing both domestic title and European glory under one of the best coaches.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #318: Sep 27, 2022 09:28:26 am
      I'm keeping the faith. Follow his old man on Twitter and his family seem very grounded; don't think he'd move anywhere just for money, and working under Jürgen surely has to be up there from a career perspective.

He'd come here and be an instant starter in a side chasing both domestic title and European glory under one of the best coaches.

Can you see FSG paying the £130m?
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #319: Sep 27, 2022 10:23:16 am

;D. Not a chance. And even if we won the lotto I'm looking at us right now thinking are we a team on the decline? Plenty of players 30 and over. If he joins the haaland show over there he's pretty much guaranteed success and guaranteed they will continue spending.

There are other clubs who have young and growing teams and you know they will invest heavily too.

Yes, playing for klopp is a huge pull. I'm not sure who Bellingham would have supported as a child. Maybe someone could tell me but it would help if it was us.

If he'd moved this summer then it was us or city. Next summer if we don't pull our fingers out and end up struggling for the CL he might just see better prospects elsewhere I'm afraid.

But having said all that ... we won't spend that much on 1 player ... especially when we need at least 3 or more likely 4 top quality players next summer and we've no assets left to sell to raise serious cash.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #320: Sep 27, 2022 01:31:13 pm

He likely wouldn't cost anywhere near 130M pounds. Sancho cost 75M despite all the hype at the time and this past summer no one was close to 100M with Darwin's 85M transfer being one of the top ones.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #321: Sep 27, 2022 02:09:10 pm
      Annoying me that Twitter seems to think he’s coming to Liverpool.

I just can’t see it happening at all.

Will go to City IMO.

Quick Reply