Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 84648 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #368: Oct 29, 2022 12:41:19 pm
      Why on earth would Bellingham come to liverpool  1, absolutely no contact between player and LFC  2, no contact between the clubs,  Lots deluded liverpool fans knocking about  I’m a liverpool fan have been for 58 years we will need more than Bellingham next year  I doubt there’s any new owners on the horizon so it’ll be the same old sh*te yet again fans wanting something that’s never going to happen sadly to say

Cos he used to have posters on his walls of Steven Gerrard. My guess is he's more of a Liverpool fan than you lad, hence why he'll want to join. But F***ing hell lad you last posted in 2018, said F**k all after Madrid and the Premier League trophy in 2020 and then come on to bi*ch about fans being deluded.

Why would anyone take someone as suss as you seriously?
      Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #369: Oct 29, 2022 09:51:14 pm
      Absolutely no chance of this guy. Absolutely no chance. Wasn't he the guy we were waiting for? If we don't get him where does that put out summer business? People that support fsg say this kid is who they were waiting for to "invest smart". Well we won't get him so did they waste a summer?

A hell of a lot rides on this kids shoulders
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #370: Oct 29, 2022 10:46:24 pm
      Cos he used to have posters on his walls of Steven Gerrard. My guess is he's more of a Liverpool fan than you lad, hence why he'll want to join. But f**king hell lad you last posted in 2018, said f**k all after Madrid and the Premier League trophy in 2020 and then come on to bi*ch about fans being deluded.

Why would anyone take someone as suss as you seriously?

F**k me that is the real definition of a sleeper
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #371: Oct 29, 2022 10:47:19 pm
      saw him today score for Dortmund looks very happy there and they love him too
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #372: Oct 29, 2022 11:35:27 pm
      Just close this embarrassing thread. This is as hapless as the old mbappe thread ffs.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #373: Oct 30, 2022 03:22:49 am
      Just close this embarrassing thread. This is as hapless as the old mbappe thread ffs.

Fore sure. Pipe dream at best. And we don't need one really good MFer, we need 3 of them.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #374: Oct 31, 2022 06:14:16 pm
      https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/1587131690119471104?s=46&t=jpE9-DCDxXkizZmlvEkimw

If the price tag does start to get that high is it worth paying that for one player or using that level of money to get 2/3 quality players in

He is a great talent but that sort of price tag you would expext a generational talent and don’t think he is that
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #375: Oct 31, 2022 06:16:40 pm
      https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/1587131690119471104?s=46&t=jpE9-DCDxXkizZmlvEkimw

If the price tag does start to get that high is it worth paying that for one player or using that level of money to get 2/3 quality players in

He is a great talent but that sort of price tag you would expext a generational talent and don’t think he is that

Not a chance we should be anywhere near him at that price.

I like him from what I've saw but I've seen plenty of players do what he does for a third of that value
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #376: Oct 31, 2022 07:19:31 pm
      nice excuses for FSG coming in before any enquiry has even been made. He was always going to be too expensive for us we would have to sell half the squad to make it work financially
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #377: Oct 31, 2022 07:20:32 pm

I like him from what I've saw but I've seen plenty of players do what he does for a third of that value

Yeah I think he is a very good player - but £130mil worth ?! Not when you can prob get some very good players for half that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #378: Oct 31, 2022 08:40:30 pm

No one should be near him at that price. That's the problem with modern day football.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #379: Oct 31, 2022 09:31:42 pm
      No one should be near him at that price. That's the problem with modern day football.
      Exactly...at the end of the day it's just a load of blokes kicking a bag of air around....madness
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #380: Nov 02, 2022 06:25:33 pm
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #381: Nov 03, 2022 09:42:52 am
      Would love this but i don't see us paying 120 million for him. Klopp is a major pull for players so it is possible we could get him for a bit less if he dug his heels in. Interesting he is a Gerrard and Liverpool fan, surely it is signed, sealed and delivered then?

Would certainly not be calling out FSG if they refused to pay that money for him though. Sure we can whittle that price down unless City come for him that is.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #382: Nov 03, 2022 10:17:57 am
      Imagine we did sign him for the £130 mill. then he gets injured pre-season.

Is why Id rather but 3 or 4 £40mill players.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #383: Nov 03, 2022 10:45:51 am
      Feels like the Bellingham fee is incorporating part of what they thought they should have got for Haaland.
      Might as well just say "State Owned Clubs Only" and be done with it.

If Bellingham did arrive at LFC, I'd expect the other signings made to all be free transfers.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #384: Nov 03, 2022 11:36:35 am

Agree

It's too big an outlay on one player for me.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #385: Nov 03, 2022 12:25:50 pm

Not sure would get the quality at £40M with the EPL premium but 2 players at £65M would be great.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #386: Nov 03, 2022 12:44:37 pm
      never know, club could surprise us, fork out the 130mill and buy another 1 or 2 at 40.  l o l

The problem folk always seem to ignore is the wages for big name players, I mean fek me the viking at city is on 900k a week. thats just stupid.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #387: Nov 03, 2022 01:07:27 pm
      never know, club could surprise us, fork out the 130mill and buy another 1 or 2 at 40.  l o l

The problem folk always seem to ignore is the wages for big name players, I mean fek me the viking at city is on 900k a week. thats just stupid.
      One thing we are forgetting is that most probably both Keita and Ox are going to be let go of. That's two 120k/week salaries off the books. If the logical thing happens and James Milner leaves or retire then thats another 140k/week off the books. That's 380k/week or about 20m/year in wages off the books all in the same summer (all those numbers are in British pounds and from Spotrac). Even after all of that I think it will be hard to go pay that fee for Bellingham, his wage, and then get another two quality or very promising midfielders even if we start them at lower wages. 

All of this talk of midfielders also has us forgetting that our needs are not only in midfield. In theory, fixing our midfield would mean Elliott going back to being a RW, but at the current time we need a RW. We either start Salah or...we start Salah. Bobby's deal also expires this upcoming summer and would potentially leave us in need of another CF.

Joel's deal expires next year, but if he is back to his very injury prone self then decisions will also have to be made in that department because you suddenly go from having one of the most solid CB departments in the league to having VVD and Konate + an ever absent Matip and a very inconsistent Gomez. If Van Den Berg recovers from his injury and keeps playing the way he was pre injury then it will make things easier and I could see Matip contract not being renewed and Berg being his long term replacement, but if not then we'll potentially need to do something about it in the transfer market unless we want to repeat our mistakes in midfield (considering you need a lot less injury prone players in the CB department to recreate the mess we have in midfield at the moment).
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #388: Nov 03, 2022 01:07:33 pm
      https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1691204/liverpool-Jürgen-klopp-jude-bellingham-fsg-borussia-dortmund-transfer-news

Apparently we have an agreement with FSG over Bellingham although that may still prove wanting with the other parties in a bidding war.
      « Last Edit: Nov 03, 2022 01:16:37 pm by stuey »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #389: Nov 03, 2022 03:30:00 pm
      One thing we are forgetting is that most probably both Keita and Ox are going to be let go of. That's two 120k/week salaries off the books. If the logical thing happens and James Milner leaves or retire then thats another 140k/week off the books. That's 380k/week or about 20m/year in wages off the books all in the same summer (all those numbers are in British pounds and from Spotrac). Even after all of that I think it will be hard to go pay that fee for Bellingham, his wage, and then get another two quality or very promising midfielders even if we start them at lower wages. 

All of this talk of midfielders also has us forgetting that our needs are not only in midfield. In theory, fixing our midfield would mean Elliott going back to being a RW, but at the current time we need a RW. We either start Salah or...we start Salah. Bobby's deal also expires this upcoming summer and would potentially leave us in need of another CF.

Joel's deal expires next year, but if he is back to his very injury prone self then decisions will also have to be made in that department because you suddenly go from having one of the most solid CB departments in the league to having VVD and Konate + an ever absent Matip and a very inconsistent Gomez. If Van Den Berg recovers from his injury and keeps playing the way he was pre injury then it will make things easier and I could see Matip contract not being renewed and Berg being his long term replacement, but if not then we'll potentially need to do something about it in the transfer market unless we want to repeat our mistakes in midfield (considering you need a lot less injury prone players in the CB department to recreate the mess we have in midfield at the moment).

Yup. Lots of things to sort out over the next year or so.

Defo. agree on the guys leaving and freeing up wages and new guys coming need to be a lot less injury prone.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #390: Nov 03, 2022 05:03:07 pm

He's injured at the moment as well - some sick pay that!

Quick Reply