Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 84743 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #414: Nov 12, 2022 10:21:09 am
      Liverpool should go all in on this kid and bring in two free transfers for the other requirements.
      Every now and then the team needs to roll the dice on a player to keep up the pace.

this is the reality now values are not values they are what someone is prepared to pay for a player and seeing him recently do some wonderful stuff he is as good as anyone and will definitely improve our aging and leggy midfield.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #415: Nov 13, 2022 09:14:33 pm
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #416: Nov 16, 2022 02:28:39 pm
      Anybody here with a background in finance could give us his opinion about the Bellingham situation? The premise to my question is that we know that LFC, under FSG, is willing to spend big when the potential and immediate benefit is extremely high (VVD and Alisson come to mind). Some would even say that this is only partially true and that big spending has to be offset by selling players (Coutinho comes to mind). However, what we know is that under FSG, Liverpool will not enter a big money race for any player they dont consider pivotal and that even when the player is indeed pivotal, there is a point (a sum) at which we get out of the race and look for other targets.

My question is: considering Bellingham might go for a sum that is well over 100m, is it plausible that FSG are willing to spend big on him and just include that money in the price tag they put on the club, if not raise it by 200m or 300m when they eventually sell?

My logic here is that I know that 120m sounds like pennies when talking about a multi-billion deal, but isn't a big ''deal sweetener'' for anybody looking to buy a football club when that club just added what a lot of people describe as a ''generational talent'' to it's roster? A player that will, no doubt, bring a lot on the pitch, but bring just as much, if not more, on the commercial side of things. This sounds like the type of business FSG likes to do. Invest 120m, recoup 200m or 300m in the form of an improved selling price for the club. But then again, I'm not somebody with a finance/business background so I could be wrong.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #417: Nov 16, 2022 03:38:50 pm
      A single player isn't going to have any significant impact on the valuation of a club. Jude could turn out to be the next great thing.....or the next Sancho for all we know.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #418: Nov 16, 2022 04:01:53 pm
      A single player isn't going to have any significant impact on the valuation of a club. Jude could turn out to be the next great thing.....or the next Sancho for all we know.
      Makes sense. That's why I decided to ask the question. I knew its one of those things that, on the surface, sounds plausible, but are not necessarily true. I'm interested to see what's the opinion of others too.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #419: Nov 22, 2022 12:47:37 am
      Jumping on the hype train, this lads a beast. Just like when we signed Virgil and Allison, a perfect match fitting the exact role we need.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #420: Nov 24, 2022 03:20:03 pm
      "The reality is Bellingham, valued at more than £100 million, already looks beyond Liverpool’s means unless a new investor is found, or another star player is sold. Liverpool could only buy Darwin Nunez and afford Mohamed Salah’s new contract because they sacrificed Sadio Mane. " (Chris Bascome)
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #421: Nov 24, 2022 11:51:25 pm
      Don't know what Bellingham is going to cost by the end of this world cup. I think he is just what we need. It will probably come down to him. If he insists on going to us, Dortmund will have to accept a good, but not unaffordable to us, offer, eventually. Hopefully he really is a fan, and insists on us as his destination.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #422: Nov 29, 2022 11:03:34 am
      I haven't read anything here about him at the mo, why is this kid the answer to all our problems and what is with the hype?
      I'm into signing great talent but like I'd rather have two (even three with the money) midfielders who are really good than potential, he could just get injured and he'd need to learn for what 2 years, I'm not into that anymore, get players ready to go, life is too short to do this crap.
      15 games last year 3 goals 2 assists so errr why does everyone think this one is the answer to the problems we have?
       Seems like a strange obsession with this player, he was anonymous last game for England too. He did nothing at all of worth.

Edit just watched a youtube. Even his youtube highlight reel is unimpressive, there is no way he is the answer to anything we need, all he does is some show off stuff and scrappy football to pass it a few yards to someone. Arsenal player that one not Liverpool quality. Looks like he's nearly falling over every time he runs. Feel a bit embaressed for the hype around him.
      Not a fan,
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2022 11:25:37 am by Crunchycrisps »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #423: Nov 29, 2022 11:20:26 am
      The run to the summer feels like a Sliding Doors moment.
      If the club is bought, Jude Bellingham arrives with the feel of a peace offering.
      Fans will largely eat it up.

The club isn't sold.
      Bellingham doesn't arrive at Liverpool.
      An alternative midfield option is sourced.
      Elliott and Carvalho continue to get increasing amount of play time this season and next.

As much as I'd like to see Jude Bellingham at Liverpool,
      the caveat of owners required for that to happen raises more questions than answers.
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2022 01:14:32 pm by racerx34 »
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #424: Nov 29, 2022 11:49:59 am
      The run to the summer feels like a Sliding Doors moment.
      It the club is bought, Jude Bellingham arrives with the feel of a peace offering.
      Fans will largely eat it up.

The club isn't sold.
      Bellingham doesn't arrive at Liverpool.
      An alternative midfield option is sourced.
      Elliott and Carvalho continue to get increasing amount of play time this season and next.

As much as I'd like to see Jude Bellingham at Liverpool,
      the caveat of owners required for that to happen raises more questions than answers.
      You have a nice way of putting things, realistically though why has this player got anything to do with our dreams and hopes considering the huge change that is going on? I don't give two craps about this player, he will be a flop to anyone at the price tag, I have no doubt now. See, to me his name came out of nowhere then all Irish youtube Liverpool supporter channels on youtube were raving about him, would he have saved the first part of our season? Just no, soz if I seem heavy.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #425: Nov 29, 2022 12:07:55 pm
      Bellingham is an outstanding talent

He is 19 and still learning and developing

He has the lot - power , pace , creativity, he is as close as you can get to Gerrard

He has done it in the German league , CL and also internationally

He is a generational talent that comes around rarely

He will cost a bit but he is a player for the next decade or more
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #426: Nov 29, 2022 12:38:25 pm
      Bellingham is an outstanding talent

He is 19 and still learning and developing

He has the lot - power , pace , creativity, he is as close as you can get to Gerrard

He has done it in the German league , CL and also internationally

He is a generational talent that comes around rarely

He will cost a bit but he is a player for the next decade or more

What has he done and why is he a generational talent? He looks very sloppy and crap to me.
      He's nothing like Gerrard even when Gerard was a kid.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #427: Nov 29, 2022 02:18:48 pm
      What has he done and why is he a generational talent? He looks very sloppy and crap to me.

Watch his games 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #428: Nov 29, 2022 03:53:55 pm

Looks quality to me, imagine what he'd look like under Klopp. Mouth watering.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #429: Nov 29, 2022 04:28:00 pm
      Never played football in your life
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #430: Nov 29, 2022 05:20:29 pm
      To be fair I think generational talent is stretching it a bit at the mo.

Good player but still needs to produce more regularly to be considered a £100 million player yet. Southgate's negative tactics probably don't do him any favours.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #431: Nov 29, 2022 05:29:40 pm
      I’m on the fence with Bellingham. Perhaps the role he plays is more suited to Dortmunds tactics.
      I don’t see him pulling up trees for England. In fact I’d go as far as saying he’d been quite ordinary. I keep watching out for him but he’s not impressing me with any consistency.  Just occasional sparks, which most everyone has.
      He’s not really taken control and dominated a midfield has he.
      Potential yes, but we need a dominant midfielder now !
      Not sure who, but certain it won’t be a 19 year old 🤷‍♂️
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #432: Nov 29, 2022 07:41:53 pm
      Maybe its 'Southgate ball', but Bellingham is not impressive so far in this tournament. Weston McKennie looks a better player. I'd take him over paying English premium
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #433: Nov 29, 2022 09:16:12 pm
      I’m on the fence with Bellingham. Perhaps the role he plays is more suited to Dortmunds tactics.
      I don’t see him pulling up trees for England. In fact I’d go as far as saying he’d been quite ordinary. I keep watching out for him but he’s not impressing me with any consistency.  Just occasional sparks, which most everyone has.
      He’s not really taken control and dominated a midfield has he.
      Potential yes, but we need a dominant midfielder now !
      Not sure who, but certain it won’t be a 19 year old 🤷‍♂️

He looked great against Iran, against the US, not one England player stood out. They all looked ordinary. Admittedly I didn’t watch the game today but I’d be willing to bet his performance is being stifled by Southgates negative setup. Jude looks like he has all the tools to be special with the right manager.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1195 
      Reply #434: Nov 29, 2022 10:11:44 pm
      Played well tonight I thought. Can't think of any 19 yr old midfielder who is as mature for his years or as good an all rounder as he is.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #435: Nov 30, 2022 06:36:44 am
      Never played football in your life
      I played headers and volleys most days but when I played in school I was a goalie, not that this matters, I still don't get the hype around this player, he'll play for Chelsea or Arsenal and then everyone will forget why he was such a thing, I mean someone link a full game of football so I can watch only him doing all this non existant amazing stuff.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #436: Nov 30, 2022 06:46:02 am
      Played well tonight I thought. Can't think of any 19 yr old midfielder who is as mature for his years or as good an all rounder as he is.
      I must be living in another reality because he did nothing all game, he did some stupid little step over things and passed the ball a few yards wowww. right I don't like to be all negative so I'm taking a break for a bit I do not get why people want us to splurge mega money on a primadonna not that great talent, start spending money yes but not on showboat non entities.
       This hype has come from youtube channels saying he would have saved our season, he wouldn't of saved anything, seriously does anyone think if we signed him the midfield woes would have been solved? I'm being realistic, to me no not at all would he have solved anything ever.

Quick Reply