Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 84675 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #759: Mar 21, 2023 12:31:58 pm
      But you've jumped on me before about posting stuff from local journalists because it wasn't favorable to FSG so why is it different now? I'm just trying to find some consistency.

Who says itā€™s different 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø I posted an article ? Didnā€™t say it was true or gospel
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #760: Mar 21, 2023 12:32:48 pm

Who says itā€™s different 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø I posted an article ? Didnā€™t say it was true or gospel

Oh so you can post speculatory articles but no one else can. Got it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #761: Mar 21, 2023 12:33:47 pm
      Oh so you can post speculatory articles but no one else can. Got it.

Sorry Iā€™m not sure where I said you canā€™t post speculative articles 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #762: Mar 21, 2023 12:35:58 pm
      Sorry Iā€™m not sure where I said you canā€™t post speculative articles 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

I've posted stuff in the past and you've got on my case, saying it's just "clickbait" and unless it's verified by the club people shouldn't be reading it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #763: Mar 21, 2023 12:37:12 pm
      I've posted stuff in the past and you've got on my case, saying it's just "clickbait" and unless it's verified by the club people shouldn't be reading it.

You can believe whatever you want 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #764: Mar 21, 2023 12:39:21 pm

You can believe whatever you want 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Not according to you no. People believe FSG should loosen the purse strings and yet you swoop in to tell them why that's wrong. So no, while you are going to be around policing the FSG thread (and any other thread where they tend to pop up as a topic) people cannot "believe whatever you want". 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #765: Mar 21, 2023 12:41:12 pm
      Not according to you no. People believe FSG should loosen the purse strings and yet you swoop in to tell them why that's wrong. So no, while you are going to be around policing the FSG thread (and any other thread where they tend to pop up as a topic) people cannot "believe whatever you want".

Ok 👍

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #766: Mar 21, 2023 06:34:12 pm
      Yes!

Back In the day it was lee bowyer. Moved on a bit since them days I suppose

We almost signed Lee Bowyer talks and about to sign under Houllier only for the fans to bombard the club that they didn't want the pr**k anywhere near Anfield and the deal was scrapped.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #767: Mar 21, 2023 06:55:13 pm
      We almost signed Lee Bowyer talks and about to sign under Houllier only for the fans to bombard the club that they didn't want the pr**k anywhere near Anfield and the deal was scrapped.

Question for you Pete as a long standing scouser who goes regularly to matches and quite well versed with the goings on at your club.

If passed budgets for your transfers are anything to go by letā€™s presumably say you have Ā£150 million to spend in the summer transfer window.

Would you (1) like to spend it on  Bellingham or (2) try and buy 2 or 3 players?

Obviously thatā€™s based on alleged reports it might cost up to 150 million to buy  Bellingham, personally I donā€™t think he will be that much but thatā€™s another story..
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #768: Mar 21, 2023 07:31:45 pm
      Would be surprised if we actually sign him because compared to City and Real Madrid we donā€™t have many arguments after this season.

The new normal is that the big financial players like City, Real and PSG will always offer the guarantee of CL football, silverware and not to mention large salariesā€¦

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #769: Mar 22, 2023 12:44:09 pm
      I hope you're really in pole position to sign him. I suspect he would like to play with TAA and Henderson for Klopp.

However, we need at least two good midfielders to replace Keita and Ox. We cannot spend everything on Jude.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #770: Mar 22, 2023 01:31:25 pm
      I hope you're really in pole position to sign him. I suspect he would like to play with TAA and Henderson for Klopp.

However, we need at least two good midfielders to replace Keita and Ox. We cannot spend everything on Jude.

I don't understand why we don't have a bigger budget than the 125m or so that it would take to sign Jude. If we want to get out of this rut and compete with our rivals, it may take a good deal more than that.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #771: Mar 22, 2023 02:22:24 pm
      I don't understand why we don't have a bigger budget than the 125m or so that it would take to sign Jude. If we want to get out of this rut and compete with our rivals, it may take a good deal more than that.
      I ask myself the same question, but logic tells me we actually do have a bigger budget this season. Not saying I think we are going to buy Jude another 2 midfielders and a top quality center back, but I don't see FSG or Klopp witnessing the huge holes in the squad, missing out on CL (as it stands) and then, with how methodical they usually are, go into the summer with all their eggs in the Bellingham basket. It would just mean that they are destroying everything they worked so hard to accomplish in the past few years. We also have, theoretically, lots of players coming off the wage bill because their contracts are out and some others could be sold for profit (Phillips and Matip come to mind)

I think what we might see is them trying to squeeze Chelsea for a good price on Mount, I would say maybe something around 30M or so, essentially half his market value (especially if the player and the club already accepted they want to part ways and he wants to join us). I imagine Chelsea will want to offload some players to make it look like they indeed respect FFP. Spend big on Bellingham (if we manage to beat City and RM and he indeed wants to join us) at something closer to 100M than it would be to 120M. I imagine that we'd have enough money left for one high quality player (40m to 50m) and another transfer that would be similar to the Fabio Carvalho one (more something to look forward to in the future than immediately).

With that said, I might be talking absolute nonsense since I'm just a guy on a forum.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #772: Mar 22, 2023 03:10:16 pm
      I ask myself the same question, but logic tells me we actually do have a bigger budget this season. Not saying I think we are going to buy Jude another 2 midfielders and a top quality center back, but I don't see FSG or Klopp witnessing the huge holes in the squad, missing out on CL (as it stands) and then, with how methodical they usually are, go into the summer with all their eggs in the Bellingham basket. It would just mean that they are destroying everything they worked so hard to accomplish in the past few years. We also have, theoretically, lots of players coming off the wage bill because their contracts are out and some others could be sold for profit (Phillips and Matip come to mind)

I think what we might see is them trying to squeeze Chelsea for a good price on Mount, I would say maybe something around 30M or so, essentially half his market value (especially if the player and the club already accepted they want to part ways and he wants to join us). I imagine Chelsea will want to offload some players to make it look like they indeed respect FFP. Spend big on Bellingham (if we manage to beat City and RM and he indeed wants to join us) at something closer to 100M than it would be to 120M. I imagine that we'd have enough money left for one high quality player (40m to 50m) and another transfer that would be similar to the Fabio Carvalho one (more something to look forward to in the future than immediately).

With that said, I might be talking absolute nonsense since I'm just a guy on a forum.

I believe the budget will be bigger this summer

Wages released , donā€™t expect any money will go towards repaying loans
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #773: Mar 22, 2023 03:20:30 pm
      I believe the budget will be bigger this summer

Wages released , donā€™t expect any money will go towards repaying loans

Wages released true, but surely that's close to a one to one with any incomings? Meaning we get Ox and Keita and whoever off the books, but someone else (incoming) will basically take their wage (and more?)?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #774: Mar 23, 2023 10:01:41 am
      The issue isnā€™t really whether you want 3 x 50m players or Bellingham. The issue is weā€™ve put all our eggs in the Bellingham basket for our midfield revamp for the last two years and thereā€™s a serious possibility we might not sign him. All well and good saying we want Rice and Barella (Barella will be 100m anyway when you look at what Inter got for Lukaku less than 2 years ago and Rice will be at least 60-70m of West Ham stay up) but thatā€™s not who the senior men in our club want. They arenā€™t who JĆ¼rgen wants to build this next Liverpool side around.

I just hope this time we have a better plan B than Arthur Melo. But honestly I donā€™t hold out much hope for that given how badly our recruitment team have fu**ed up our midfield revamp since Gini left.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #775: Mar 23, 2023 10:14:44 am
      The issue isnā€™t really whether you want 3 x 50m players or Bellingham. The issue is weā€™ve put all our eggs in the Bellingham basket for our midfield revamp for the last two years and thereā€™s a serious possibility we might not sign him. All well and good saying we want Rice and Barella (Barella will be 100m anyway when you look at what Inter got for Lukaku less than 2 years ago and Rice will be at least 60-70m of West Ham stay up) but thatā€™s not who the senior men in our club want. They arenā€™t who JĆ¼rgen wants to build this next Liverpool side around.

I just hope this time we have a better plan B than Arthur Melo. But honestly I donā€™t hold out much hope for that given how badly our recruitment team have fu**ed up our midfield revamp since Gini left.

They literally have no choice now but to spend huge on a midfield revamp, if we had signed just one good midfielder in each of the last three windows, and sold Ox and Keita by now, we wouldn't be in this situation.
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #776: Mar 23, 2023 10:27:54 am

I'm entering this summer window with absolutely zero confidence this midfield will get a revamp
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #777: Mar 23, 2023 12:43:16 pm

When everyone knows we approached Touchameni, who even acknowledges having conversations with the team and choosing Real instead, there is no need to read past this point because it's all a bunch of nonsense.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #778: Mar 23, 2023 12:57:33 pm
      When everyone knows we approached Touchameni, who even acknowledges having conversations with the team and choosing Real instead, there is no need to read past this point because it's all a bunch of nonsense.

Oh we approached Touchameni, so do you think we made a serious offer or are you talking nonsense 😂
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #779: Mar 23, 2023 01:18:13 pm
      Oh we approached Touchameni, so do you think we made a serious offer or are you talking nonsense 😂

Yes, we made a serious approach as he acknowledges talking to the team and JĆ¼rgen also made reference that he chose Real over us. The idea that we put all our eggs in the Bellingham basket is factually incorrect.

« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2023 01:30:46 pm by CT_LFC »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #780: Mar 23, 2023 02:22:58 pm
      Yes, we made a serious approach as he acknowledges talking to the team and JĆ¼rgen also made reference that he chose Real over us. The idea that we put all our eggs in the Bellingham basket is factually incorrect.

You have no idea whether that is factually incorrect or not. And as it stands it appears we put all our eggs in the Touchameni basket last summer because we ended up with Melo so it's not really a stretch to think we may be doing it with Jude.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #781: Mar 23, 2023 02:31:36 pm
      You have no idea whether that is factually incorrect or not. And as it stands it appears we put all our eggs in the Touchameni basket last summer because we ended up with Melo so it's not really a stretch to think we may be doing it with Jude.

my reply was regarding chats stating that we've put all the eggs in the Bellingham basket for the past TWO years, which is incorrect given our interest in Touchameni.

Quick Reply