Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 86192 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #782: Mar 23, 2023 02:55:53 pm
      \
      my reply was regarding chats stating that we've put all the eggs in the Bellingham basket for the past TWO years, which is incorrect given our interest in Touchameni.

You don't know that we haven't been chasing Jude for two years. he's been a target for a long time and if we end up not getting him it will seem a bit foolish to have chased him for so long. Just because we were interested in the Madrid fella doesn't mean we haven't also been eyeing up Jude for even longer. In fact had it not been for Haaland leaving Dortmund last summer, likely they would have let Jude go and I guarantee we'd have been in for him as it's the world's worst kept secret that Klopp really loves him. Was an offer ever made for Touchameni? Who knows. Maybe we didn't really go after him that hard and it was just flirting with us knowing he'd likely go to Madrid and also with us waiting on Bellingham. Either way, if we are really in for Jude, we better get him because another Arthur Melo signing at the end of the summer window this year isn't going to cut it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #783: Mar 23, 2023 08:35:21 pm
      I'm entering this summer window with absolutely zero confidence this midfield will get a revamp

Of course it'll get a revamp, it simply has to, whether it's the revamp that'll please many will be debatable.

For some it'll be Bellingham or nothing.
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #784: Mar 24, 2023 01:49:35 am
      Of course it'll get a revamp, it simply has to, whether it's the revamp that'll please many will be debatable.

For some it'll be Bellingham or nothing.

If we don't get Bellingham will we then "wait" for our next target to become available a year later? I have no belief that we'll get that midfield up to scratch. I see one big signing and two youth. We tried to extend Nabi. That means someone, somewhere, was ready to keep a complete flop of a player than get rid and spend for another one. Someone said let's try and keep him.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #785: Mar 24, 2023 08:30:25 pm
      I suppose with JĆ¼rgen having three years left on his deal he's probably thinking it's about time we go big and buy a complete midfielder. Bellingham has a lot of developing still to do but he has all the tools to be a colossus, IMO of course. When we desperately needed it, we went big on our goalie and big on our CB; we also went big on Nunez in the summer. Let's do it for the midfield please. And let's get a couple of others as well. No last day disasters.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1081 
      Reply #786: Mar 25, 2023 06:28:10 pm
      Jude with Fab and Hendo doesn't improve you much. If I'm Jude I'm only signing if I know they're going to build around me. Real Madrid can do that, so we have to entice him too.

Jude would excel with a player of peak Winjaldums skill set around him. Imo we have to bring in quality MF with Jude. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #787: Mar 25, 2023 07:13:16 pm
      Jude with Fab and Hendo doesn't improve you much. If I'm Jude I'm only signing if I know they're going to build around me. Real Madrid can do that, so we have to entice him too.

Jude would excel with a player of peak Winjaldums skill set around him. Imo we have to bring in quality MF with Jude. 

Not a hope in hell of signing Bellingham under FSG.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,770 posts | 390 
      Reply #788: Mar 25, 2023 07:21:17 pm
      It will be Mount.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #789: Mar 25, 2023 07:29:41 pm

Even if Bellingham does arrive for a big fee then there will be other arrivals coming in

Itā€™s going to be a minimum of 2 CMā€™s - Bellingham and one other maybe around Ā£20-30mil etc or two at Ā£60-80mil players ,

There is imo going to be an outlay of around Ā£200mil plus any players being sold and then the costs spread out

That will bring us a minimum of 3 players
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #790: Mar 25, 2023 11:55:42 pm
      Even if Bellingham does arrive for a big fee then there will be other arrivals coming in

Itā€™s going to be a minimum of 2 CMā€™s - Bellingham and one other maybe around Ā£20-30mil etc or two at Ā£60-80mil players ,

There is imo going to be an outlay of around Ā£200mil plus any players being sold and then the costs spread out

That will bring us a minimum of 3 players

Ā£200M you have heard it from the horses mouth guys 😊

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1081 
      Reply #791: Mar 26, 2023 02:27:45 pm
      Yall leave my man alone. Lallana is a good dude who keeps it positive on here, which is super refreshing. I don't agree with everything he says, but I don't agree with any of bas**rds all the time.

I like his analytical approach. Hope he's right
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #792: Mar 26, 2023 06:17:25 pm
      Yall leave my man alone. Lallana is a good dude who keeps it positive on here, which is super refreshing. I don't agree with everything he says, but I don't agree with any of bas**rds all the time.

I like his analytical approach. Hope he's right

Analytical 🤣🤣

You clearly need therapy as well 😁

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #793: Mar 26, 2023 06:53:28 pm
      Analytical 🤣🤣

Anal retentive more like. FFS if he is analytical god help us. But some one made a very good point JĆ¼rgen isnt going to be here forever and to get the best out of him we need to give him the best squad possible or what is the point
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #794: Mar 26, 2023 07:42:05 pm
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1081 
      Reply #795: Mar 26, 2023 07:50:23 pm
      Analytical 🤣🤣

For sure  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #796: Mar 27, 2023 03:52:16 am

I just want somebody that looks at me like Stevie G does to Jude Bellingham 😂🤣ā¤ļø😍

then the return

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #798: Mar 27, 2023 10:27:02 am

Those of us not enamoured with his contributions would certainly not describe it as coming from the horses mouth - a bullā€™s arse more likely!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #799: Mar 27, 2023 10:57:06 am

Every little noise from him and his family etc all points to us. I know itā€™s prob stupid to have hopes up but I really do think we will get him
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #800: Mar 27, 2023 07:33:40 pm
      Every little noise from him and his family etc all points to us. I know itā€™s prob stupid to have hopes up but I really do think we will get him

I have said it since day one not sure why just some really big hints and comments that make me think already agreed
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #801: Mar 28, 2023 11:22:00 am
      This thread is a big mad circle of the same patter. l o l

My tuppance worth just on the fee, what's to stop us doing something similar to chavski, Ā£150mill paid over 3 seasons, 3xĀ£50mill. that wont break the bank and then allow to juggle the rest of the summer budget on a few more players. ;-)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #802: Mar 28, 2023 11:26:32 am
      This thread is a big mad circle of the same patter. l o l

My tuppance worth just on the fee, what's to stop us doing something similar to chavski, Ā£150mill paid over 3 seasons, 3xĀ£50mill. that wont break the bank and then allow to juggle the rest of the summer budget on a few more players. ;-)

Very good idea in principle Brez but Dortmund wont have any of that, not when there's teams willing to pay in full.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #803: Mar 28, 2023 12:47:28 pm
      Very good idea in principle Brez but Dortmund wont have any of that, not when there's teams willing to pay in full.

Donā€™t see it being an issue - will boil down to the player . Dortmund appear to be a decent club to deal with - if the players wants to come to us then donā€™t see Dortmund forcing him to a team just because they pay the full amount upfront
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #804: Mar 28, 2023 12:56:15 pm

maybe, but if jude chooses us, they will take what they can, or risk him running contract down. 3 years guaranteed income is a good deal.

Quick Reply