Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 87974 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #1058: Apr 24, 2023 09:46:30 pm
      Got to love the guy who only likes American billionaires 😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,067 posts | 3435 
      Reply #1059: Apr 24, 2023 10:09:10 pm
      Got to love the guy who only likes American billionaires 😂

Who Jude Bellingham?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1060: Apr 24, 2023 10:20:39 pm
      Staggering how we managed to spend over ÂŁ1bn with them as owners - not bad for owners that don’t stump up for any money 🙄

We must have bought the likes of Salah with fairy dust

Very true nobby, the likes of Salah was acquired by way of sell to buy, FSG have not parted with anything but the monies to buy the club and loans for building projects!

Do you continually repeat that bollox in the hope that someone beside you and your misguided FSG supporters are taken in?

You're comical lad and reminiscent of the flat earth enthusiasts.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,336 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1061: Apr 25, 2023 12:06:19 am
      Sorry I guess that means that VVD didn’t cost £75mil . We have still spent over £1bn on players under FSG funded from multiple streams

Doesn’t make the level of spend on players any different

It doesn’t make money spent better if it’s £1bn net

And we’d have never bought Virgil had we not sold Phil. So once again you are obfuscating the situation.

It absolutely makes the money spent “better” if it’s Net vs gross. That means you are literally adding more value not exchanging it or offsetting it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1062: Apr 25, 2023 10:17:31 am
      wasting your time with the FSG devotee he is fully immersed in the Cult of FSG . Hopefully one day soon the spaceship will return and take them all back home and we can deal with human beings once again. The amount of leaks and spin trying to prepare us for the failure to land the quality and quantity we need this summer is alarming but not unfamiliar .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,067 posts | 3435 
      Reply #1063: Apr 25, 2023 11:30:02 am
      Very true nobby, the likes of Salah was acquired by way of sell to buy, FSG have not parted with anything but the monies to buy the club and loans for building projects!

Do you continually repeat that bollox in the hope that someone beside you and your misguided FSG supporters are taken in?

You're comical lad and reminiscent of the flat earth enthusiasts.

Liverpool FC is owned by FSG. The money earned by LFC is FSGs money,  one of FSG sports teams spends ÂŁmillions every year.

Yet people like you cry every day because Henry isn’t spending his personal money buying a player.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,067 posts | 3435 
      Reply #1064: Apr 25, 2023 11:33:47 am
      And we’d have never bought Virgil had we not sold Phil. So once again you are obfuscating the situation.

It absolutely makes the money spent “better” if it’s Net vs gross. That means you are literally adding more value not exchanging it or offsetting it.

Didn’t we try and buy VVD the summer before Coutinho was leaving 🤔

And didn’t we bit improve the squad when we sold a player who didn’t want to be here and used the money to bring in multiple players to help us win trophies

Should we not sell players then 🤷‍♂️

Even when we improve the squad the babies whine
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,336 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1065: Apr 25, 2023 01:05:32 pm
      Didn’t we try and buy VVD the summer before Coutinho was leaving 🤔

And didn’t we bit improve the squad when we sold a player who didn’t want to be here and used the money to bring in multiple players to help us win trophies

Should we not sell players then 🤷‍♂️

Even when we improve the squad the babies whine

Sure we should sell players when it makes sense to.

But you seem to have a real issue with either understanding or admitting that there is a difference in the type of spending that can be done and the nuances of each. But you are only concerned with trying to make FSG look like some saviors or something so you won’t be honest and admit that their preferred financial strategy just might not be working as well as possibly a different strategy might.

You get so angry when FSG is called into question, it’s frankly weird. It’s like you care more about the finances and ownership than you do the team and the football.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1066: Apr 25, 2023 01:22:06 pm
      Liverpool FC is owned by FSG. The money earned by LFC is FSGs money,  one of FSG sports teams spends ÂŁmillions every year.

Yet people like you cry every day because Henry isn’t spending his personal money buying a player.

Behave soft lad  - FSG is part of a multi- national business conglomerate  worth billions, they have astute advisers who lock on to profitable investments as they did with LFC that need rescuing after being woefully run for years!

The potential asset selected will of course regain solvency and as with any asset if financially supported will improve and prosper - if this course of action is not followed the asset will retain that description but improvement and prosperity will not be guaranteed, even with the best manager in the world.

Complete waste of brain cells of course retyping the above because you and your comrades counter with the same horseshit about 'FSG spending billions buying F**k knows what'.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1067: Apr 25, 2023 01:52:11 pm
      So Jude Bellingham then??

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,067 posts | 3435 
      Reply #1068: Apr 25, 2023 02:00:33 pm
      Sure we should sell players when it makes sense to.

But you seem to have a real issue with either understanding or admitting that there is a difference in the type of spending that can be done and the nuances of each. But you are only concerned with trying to make FSG look like some saviors or something so you won’t be honest and admit that their preferred financial strategy just might not be working as well as possibly a different strategy might.

You get so angry when FSG is called into question, it’s frankly weird. It’s like you care more about the finances and ownership than you do the team and the football.

Who is angry ? Certainly not me 🤷‍♂️

Not sure why I would ever get angry about transfers and money

I know exactly how the transfers work in the club - it doesn’t bother me one single bit

The model of the club is how the club should be run - that’s all good for me.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,067 posts | 3435 
      Reply #1069: Apr 25, 2023 02:01:48 pm
      Behave soft lad  - FSG is part of a multi- national business conglomerate  worth billions, they have astute advisers who lock on to profitable investments as they did with LFC that need rescuing after being woefully run for years!

The potential asset selected will of course regain solvency and as with any asset if financially supported will improve and prosper - if this course of action is not followed the asset will retain that description but improvement and prosperity will not be guaranteed, even with the best manager in the world.

Complete waste of brain cells of course retyping the above because you and your comrades counter with the same horseshit about 'FSG spending billions buying f**k knows what'.

😂😂😂

That’s just a blob of nonsense at the end of the day

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,067 posts | 3435 
      Reply #1070: Apr 25, 2023 02:04:55 pm

Apologies- guess should have ignored the babies crying about the owners spending

Anyway

The scenario about him signing a new contract with a release clause would be one that fits us - it will though come down to what the player desires

If he really only wants to play for us then it’s a situation that can be sorted over the next couple of years
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1071: Apr 25, 2023 02:19:09 pm
      FSG won't allow the sale or the expected fee for Bellingham to actually take place, the only mutterings about the player and LFC are in the media.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1072: Apr 25, 2023 02:26:31 pm
      Apologies- guess should have ignored the babies crying about the owners spending

Anyway

The scenario about him signing a new contract with a release clause would be one that fits us - it will though come down to what the player desires

If he really only wants to play for us then it’s a situation that can be sorted over the next couple of years

For me I think we don't buy him as we need more than just one player.

You could argue, as some do, just buy him then and the others we need but it's not a simple as that.

He's a great footballer but is he a solution to all our woes? I'm not so sure.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,067 posts | 3435 
      Reply #1073: Apr 25, 2023 02:31:52 pm
      For me I think we don't buy him as we need more than just one player.

You could argue, as some do, just buy him then and the others we need but it's not a simple as that.

He's a great footballer but is he a solution to all our woes? I'm not so sure.

I don’t expect us to buy him this summer because we need multiple players

But next summer with a release clause I can see it happening

He is only 19 and still got a lot of development to go and I think he prob looks at Sancho and sees what’s happening there - can’t see him having any issues being paitent and waiting whilst continuing to develop

He doesn’t seem to be the player that just wants to jump to Madrid as soon as possible
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,336 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1074: Apr 25, 2023 02:54:58 pm
      Top clubs buy generational talents when they have the opportunity to. It's as simple as that. You strengthen from a position of strength and you do whatever it takes to get back to a position of strength if you've slipped (as we so obviously have).

Adding Bellingham should have no bearing on other business we do. We have a chance to add a 19 year old that could very well be the next Gerrard (or better). That should be pursued independent of other needs we have.

All this talk of either/or is bullshit. We have one of the highest revenue streams in the entire league (nay the world?). We need to start acting like it. Big clubs push smaller clubs around and they push back against other big clubs. We seem to be content to take punches from everyone as long as we make a profit at the end of the day and have the best looking books of any club. It's all well and good when you catch some breaks and have the best manager in the world, but as we've seen, just a couple hiccups (injuries, declining player skill, player sales) and we are now playing catch-up again with one hand tied behind our back to boot.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,067 posts | 3435 
      Reply #1075: Apr 25, 2023 03:06:55 pm
      Top clubs buy generational talents when they have the opportunity to. It's as simple as that. You strengthen from a position of strength and you do whatever it takes to get back to a position of strength if you've slipped (as we so obviously have).

Adding Bellingham should have no bearing on other business we do. We have a chance to add a 19 year old that could very well be the next Gerrard (or better). That should be pursued independent of other needs we have.

All this talk of either/or is bullshit. We have one of the highest revenue streams in the entire league (nay the world?). We need to start acting like it. Big clubs push smaller clubs around and they push back against other big clubs. We seem to be content to take punches from everyone as long as we make a profit at the end of the day and have the best looking books of any club. It's all well and good when you catch some breaks and have the best manager in the world, but as we've seen, just a couple hiccups (injuries, declining player skill, player sales) and we are now playing catch-up again with one hand tied behind our back to boot.

Why does this constantly get trotted out - it shows a complete lack of understanding of the accounts

It also ignores the outgoings of the club which includes a wage bill that a top club has.

Just because we have increased revenue through different avenues doesn’t mean we have millions to throw around and spend on players.

At least look at the recent accounts.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,336 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1076: Apr 25, 2023 03:34:44 pm
      Why does this constantly get trotted out - it shows a complete lack of understanding of the accounts

It also ignores the outgoings of the club which includes a wage bill that a top club has.

Just because we have increased revenue through different avenues doesn’t mean we have millions to throw around and spend on players.

At least look at the recent accounts.

Our wage bill is high when we are winning because it's incentive laden. Right now we aren't winning sh*t so it will be lower and will further lower as we shed dead weight. And no I'm not going to go pouring through the books with you because I'm not an accountant (and neither are you). I've looked at the Swiss Ramble posts along with countless others by people far smarter than you or I. This club is solvent and if taking on a little bit of safe and healthy short term debt meant more spending to improve the squad and win more sh*t, we should be doing it. FSG could also modify their risk appetite as well and adjust to the world of football as it is right now instead of assuming their plan is foolproof and that FFP is going to be enforced (newsflash, it's not).

No one is asking for us to spend 300m every single transfer window. That would be ridiculous. What people want is to see the club take some risks now and again, when it makes sense to, to try and avoid being in the situation we are in now where we are playing catchup and if we don't spend 2 or 300m we may still be playing catchup in the coming years.

It's not just City and United and Chelsea anymore. Arsenal and Newcastle have also joined the fray as well. Competition for top players is going to be tougher and I concede that spending doesn't guarantee success....but now we are going to have to spend a lot more because we neglected spending for some windows in recent years when we should have been adding to a position of strength.

Everyone complains about City's spending, but one thing they do...they strengthen even in areas where they seemingly don't need to. They went out and got Grealish and Phillips for their midfield, Phillips can't even get a game, but had something have happened and City had injuries like us, they'd have had a good player ready to slot in. Whilst I was pretty happy with our midfield at the end of last year, it's become apparent that we weren't in as good of shape as many of us thought. I can be forgiven for thinking that, I'm not getting paid to make those decisions, but the club should have known better. We should have been looking for players to bring in that would be ready should we have issues.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1077: Apr 26, 2023 10:54:34 pm
      If I read the phrase "Next summer..." one more time I think I'll go mental.

That said, if Jude has his heart set on playing under the Anfield lights, and he's only 19, all he's got to do is run down his contract to the point Dortmund start sweating.
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2023 11:03:38 pm by Rush »
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 298 
      Reply #1078: Apr 27, 2023 08:33:43 am
      If I read the phrase "Next summer..." one more time I think I'll go mental.

If he stays at Dortmund for another year there will be 200 pages in this thread before we manage to sign him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1079: Apr 27, 2023 11:33:01 am
      If he stays at Dortmund for another year there will be 200 pages in this thread before we manage to sign him.

Yea would need locked for a while for everyone's sanity :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,336 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1080: Apr 27, 2023 02:22:23 pm
      He's moving this summer, I don't buy that he's going to sign a new deal or anything and Dortmund will want to get max profit. That's how they operate for the most part.

Pessimist in me says we won't pay the fee and he'll be snatched up by someone else. 

If I were trying to be optimistic I'd point to the Virgil saga where we publicly stated we weren't in for him anymore (mostly by requirement from Southampton) but still came back in for him later on. Apples to Oranges a little bit but you could make the case the club fed the info that we weren't in for him anymore to the press as a negotiating ploy.

Quick Reply