Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 84754 times
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #1127: May 04, 2023 10:56:53 am
      Not to worry I'm sure there's a Melo mark 2 ready to be dragged in this summer as our original target is no longer available.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1128: May 04, 2023 12:01:59 pm
      Need to look on the bright side losing out on  Bellingham, least it looks like he’s going to Madrid and not City now. Gives us all some hope for next year, City will probably win it again but not as many points now.   ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1129: May 04, 2023 12:45:11 pm
      Aye. madrid better than going to an EPL rival. l o l
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1130: May 04, 2023 02:08:55 pm
      Aye. madrid better than going to an EPL rival. l o l

Really? Even though they seem to be our major stumbling block to another Big Ears?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1131: May 04, 2023 02:22:06 pm
      Really? Even though they seem to be our major stumbling block to another Big Ears?

100% yes, rather him there than the mancs.

And we wont be playing Madrid next season, As they don't do Europa. l o l
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1132: May 04, 2023 03:24:36 pm
      As soon as another club showed interest if LFC had any designs on the player initially (which is very doubtful) all LFC's interest would cease.
      Not forgetting the majority of Bellingham/LFC related stories were media generated.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1133: May 04, 2023 03:34:07 pm
      We signed trent instead. Guy on 5live yesterday said trent is better anyway. l o l

So since you can already manage without additional transfer funding, we don't need to buy anyone.

You've proven to be such a good manager anyway. Carry on without any acquisitions. We hardly bought anyone anyway. And we are not that terrible despite that. Proves that you can cope. Therefore any excess funds would be used to build more seats to sell more tickets rather than to acquire.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1134: May 04, 2023 03:36:52 pm
      So since you can already manage without additional transfer funding, we don't need to buy anyone.

You've proven to be such a good manager anyway. Carry on without any acquisitions. We hardly bought anyone anyway. And we are not that terrible despite that. Proves that you can cope. Therefore any excess funds would be used to build more seats to sell more tickets rather than to acquire.

Indeed. l o l
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1135: May 04, 2023 03:43:19 pm
      Disagree, when I was thinking about ''the fee'' and when the news broke out we were backing away because of ''the fee'' 120m was pretty much in the range of what I was considering and still consider as unattainable for us if we want to do anything else other than just sign Bellingham this summer.

Like I said before, this doesn't excuse the fiasco of waiting for him, feeding the fans this ''we're waiting for Jude'' thing for two years instead of investing in the midfield the way we should've, but yeah paying 120M for one player only and expecting us to turn around and get an extra 2 midfielders and a quality center back all in the same summer is a pipe dream. That's like what, upwards of 350m in that market? You can't constantly criticize them for being stingy owners and then tell you're surprised they aren't doing that.

Now they've put the pressure on themselves to deliver. Summer ends and we signed a minimum of three midfielders and a quality center-back or two midfielders, a  quality center-back and a right-back or its failure and people will get even more riled up than they are right now and I'll be part of those who will be unhappy. I'm okay when you justify to me not doing or doing something because you have ''a plan'', but when it turns out that in fact there was no plan at all and that you've been feeding me bullshit through journalists you drip-feed info to then I'm just as insulted as the next guy.

This whole Bellingham thing is a fiasco not because we are ultimately not getting him, I couldn't care less. Its a fiasco because two months into this season it had become clear that we've ended up with nothing. On the one side, we haven't rejuvenated our midfield like we should've in the last two summers and let the situation spiral out of control and on the other hand, no Bellingham because now we can't afford to get him and still do the mandatory midfield rebuild we have to do as a result of our genius ''we're waiting for Jude plan''. The Bellingham outcome was clear because the fee v. what we can expect to spend in a summer never made sense for us unless it was a summer dedicated to Bellingham in which we'd only buy him and that's it. By November it was clear we couldn't afford that because we need much more than just 1 midfielder.

I don't go at FSG very often, but one thing I believe in is to buy when you're in a position of power. You don't have to break the bank every summer, but if you spend the big bucks when you need to (once every two or three summers or so) and in between you keep supplementing the squad with smart acquisitions then you should be good. That's exactly what we didn't do. Now its no CL, an exhausted squad and we're going into a summer where we need to do an awful lot all while making next to no mistakes if we hope to bounce back next season.

Edit: this also reminds me that we still have no clarity as to what is happening with the DOF position. No info as to when exactly the current one is leaving. No info as to if have an new on lined up, no nothing. It's a continuation of the uncharacteristic chaos that has been creeping into the club in the last year and half or so. Combine this with the fact that, like I said, its a very important summer that is ahead of us and there is cause for concern. They might have it all under control behind the scene, but from where we stand, based on the info (or lack of) we have it surely doesn't look that way.

I do think this is all staged (conspiracy) in order not to spend.

1) got the fans waiting for the right player while refraining from spending meanwhile, which is valid.
      2) then when the player becomes available, they declare that it's too expensive. Don't give me this sh*te. They are acquisition and sales professionals. Don't tell me they know nothing about valuing a player. They do know the price for Bellingham. You get to keep your money again!
      3) all of a sudden you say that you need three players for malfunctioning positions.

Either they do not know what they're doing or they know full well how to satisfy the media and fans with a script that will not spend money. I'd love to see how the acquisition of three players unfold.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1136: May 04, 2023 03:51:57 pm

Sometimes I wish that the owners are money launderers. Then they'd have to acquire and sell players more aggressively, and at the same time strengthen the squad.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 1195 
      Reply #1137: May 04, 2023 04:38:12 pm
      It's disappointing I think given that under different circumstances we wouldn't have a chance of signing a player or his calibre after having such a bad season. It was an opportunity only ever made possible I think because of Klopp and the realistic possibility we can bounce back quickly, together with the player wanting to join.

It is simply the case that we don't have the money to make it happen in a way that doesn't leave us exposed, or if we do have the money, those in control of the finances prefer not to invest it because, well why would you if the underlying value of your asset can still be maintained with a more circumspect approach to transfers. Trophies will still come though they might be less frequent.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1138: May 04, 2023 05:25:44 pm
      I would take all this with a pinch of salt. Lets just see how it concludes when the window opens as so far Dortmund have denied any offers for him.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #1139: May 05, 2023 08:29:31 am
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1140: May 05, 2023 08:22:39 pm

Even if he does move, more and more looks like we are not in the running. Hard to swallow if he goes to RM, joining Tchouahameni, who we also couldn't get. Top player, Dortmund will make a fair few bob.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #1141: May 05, 2023 08:30:46 pm
      Even if he does move, more and more looks like we are not in the running. Hard to swallow if he goes to RM, joining Tchouahameni, who we also couldn't get. Top player, Dortmund will make a fair few bob.

It happens - the likes of Madrid and Barcelona will always have that appeal to some players.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1142: May 05, 2023 08:39:50 pm
      It happens - the likes of Madrid and Barcelona will always have that appeal to some players.

It's true. There's a different kinda lifestyle there they can sell to them, as well as the football.

But have they ever had a Klopp hug ? :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1143: May 06, 2023 01:04:26 am

That is my big fear with Stefan Bajetic.

He will see Trent getting more and more game time in the middle, most likely with a DM beside him, means less minutes for Stefan.

RM or Barca come calling and I fear we will lose him to those Cu*ts! 

Slap a 150 million pound price tag on his head and tell them to f**k off.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #1144: May 06, 2023 12:43:13 pm
      That is my big fear with Stefan Bajetic.

He will see Trent getting more and more game time in the middle, most likely with a DM beside him, means less minutes for Stefan.

RM or Barca come calling and I fear we will lose him to those Cu*ts! 

Slap a 150 million pound price tag on his head and tell them to f**k off.

Too early Bajetic won't be a starter next season after we bring on a couple midfielders.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #1145: May 12, 2023 03:05:46 am
      Too early Bajetic won't be a starter next season after we bring on a couple midfielders.

Should be a nailed on starter imho. Player of the season after Ali.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1146: May 12, 2023 08:02:41 am

One thing I'm always not understand and disappoint with the way our club handling our youngster players. Recently a very promising Tyler Morton, and a very impressive Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams who gave their all in our worst injury situation. We seemed don't appreciate them by replace them with the sh*t like Arthur Melo, WTF will they thinking and quietly asking themselves?
      We not give our youngsters enough chance to develop them, IMO.
      Of course everyone would say see what happen to the boys leaving our club, almost all of them never turn to be the good player. I admitted it's true but I feel something strange happen in our work processes to develop our young players and completely destroy them before let them leave the club.   
      Don77

• 6,331 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1147: May 12, 2023 08:07:16 am
      One thing I'm always not understand and disappoint with the way our club handling our youngster players. Recently a very promising Tyler Morton, and a very impressive Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams who gave their all in our worst injury situation. We seemed don't appreciate them by replace them with the sh*t like Arthur Melo, WTF will they thinking and quietly asking themselves?
      Of course everyone would say see what happen to the boys leaving our club, almost all of them never turn to be the good player. I admitted it's true but I feel something strange happen in our work processes to develop our young players and completely destroy them before let them leave the club.   

Agree on Philips. He's head and shoulders a better defender than Gomez and hasn't been given the opportunities he deserved ... especially after proving his worth on that 9 game winning run to get us CL. Every squad needs a player like Philips.

Williams and Morton will become saleable assets I think ... along with Philips.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 275 
      Reply #1148: May 12, 2023 09:02:09 am

We all want to quality for the Champions league but if we do end up in Europa League there can be a silver lining on that cloud. A lot of the young players can get more minutes on the pitch. I'd be happy to see Kelleher, William's, Bajcetic, Jones Elliot, Ramsey and Doak playing all games in the league section of that competition with a few senior players. They can all play League cup as well.
      If we got into the knockout phase we might need to add a bit more quality to the team that players that comp.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #1149: May 19, 2023 10:12:25 am
      He's likely to stay at Dortmund. Madrid don't need him, they need fullbacks and attackers which is a bigger priority.

Quick Reply