Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leeds?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.3%)
      Joel Matip
      6 (6.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      28 (30.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      19 (20.9%)
      Harvey Elliott
      17 (18.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      14 (15.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2.2%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2021 06:29:29 pm

Leeds United 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17337 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Live: Leeds V Liverpool
      Reply #506: Sep 12, 2021 10:54:03 pm
      Thought Robbo was solid throughout!

Same. Defended really really well. Whats up with the Scot being everyone's new whipping boy? I guess someone had to take the role since Gini is gone 😕
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Leeds United 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #507: Sep 12, 2021 10:55:21 pm
      Something about Bamford that I really like.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #508: Sep 12, 2021 10:55:35 pm
      Same. Defended really really well. Whats up with the Scot being everyone's new whipping boy? I guess someone had to take the role since Gini is gone 😕

Bizarre isn't it? Bonkers how anyone can say that Robbo didn't have anything but a good game today.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #509: Sep 12, 2021 10:57:03 pm
      Awful? Are you for real? The guy was everywhere, superb positioning and superb energy - then capped off this display with a great touch and swivel goal.

F**k off with that sh*te

Don't disagree with anything you said, mate. But, what you leave out is how dreadful he was in front of goal this game, and it's been a reoccurring thing for some time now.

Also, why are you so mad? Crazy how much offense people take when reading an alternate opinion.

Hopefully he catches fire.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #510: Sep 12, 2021 10:58:04 pm

Brilliant player isn't he?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #511: Sep 12, 2021 10:59:00 pm
      Bizarre isn't it? Bonkers how anyone can say that Robbo didn't have anything but a good game today.

Bro, I thought he was awesome. Energy was through the roof, just missed a few assist by last second blocks, and defended well. Love the man.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #512: Sep 12, 2021 10:59:38 pm
      You see on the replay on MOTD2 that Struijk has both feet off the ground and is more or less flying into Elliott. Once you're taking two feet off the ground then that's reckless territory. That's a deserved red card.

It is reckless but also a little unlucky was clearly Trying to hook the ball no where near as bad as say Pickford or Richarlison for me
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #513: Sep 12, 2021 11:00:10 pm

That chip was top notch. Alisson made that look easier than it was. Good player, Bamford
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #514: Sep 12, 2021 11:21:37 pm

I think so. Dare I say a suitable replacement for Firmino down the line??
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #515: Sep 13, 2021 01:53:22 am

Too old. Only 2 years younger than Bobby.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #516: Sep 13, 2021 05:10:44 am

Bobby’s replacement is already here mate, Harvey can shift along the line or we have the even younger Kaide Gordon to nurture into the role, as good as a Bamford is, I can’t ever see him in LFC Red .

Y  N  W  A
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #517: Sep 13, 2021 05:30:18 am
      First off: Get Better Soon Harvey. Poor kid, feel so sorry for him but he will come back better and stronger.

Second off: Get the f**k innnnnnnn. Great win away at what I thought was gonna be a real tough game. Suck sh*t Leeds ya cu*ts!!

Thirdly, it could so easily have been 10. I'll put my hand up and say Sadio was shitting the f**k out of me...easily could have had a double hatty and then Mo, even with the tap in and reaching 100, he was driving me nuts, constantly trying to nutmeg his opponent only for him to lose the ball. Fab and Thiago were brilliant as was Joel and VVD. MOTM goes to Fab...wow World Class!!!

The thing with Sadio and Mo though and I thought about this all night, is it's GAME 4 and they both look primed for a massive season. This is just the 2 lads in 3rd gear. Wait till they hit top gear, we are gonna be unstoppable!!!!!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #518: Sep 13, 2021 07:52:55 am
      Very tough injury for a promising young kid, but from an LFC perspective not as devastating as the one to VVD a year ago. We will not lose a beat without him: Fab, Hendo, Thiago and then we still got Keita, Jones and Milner. I'd rank Elliott above Jones, but not above anyone else (as of before he got injured).

Ox is a bit worrying. To me it looks like he's becoming our next Origi. He just does not have any swagger and confidence and looks lost. That usually creates a vicious circle of less and less minutes that prevent him to get back more and more.

As to Harvey, I think he'll be back next season, but will never make it because he's a midfielder and depends on athleticism and those severe ligament damage won't allow that anymore. This is why Klopp was so gutted because he knows it basically ends Elliott's chance to become an elite player.

The game itself was class. Mission #20 on its way.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #519: Sep 13, 2021 08:40:34 am

As to Harvey, I think he'll be back next season, but will never make it because he's a midfielder and depends on athleticism and those severe ligament damage won't allow that anymore. This is why Klopp was so gutted because he knows it basically ends Elliott's chance to become an elite player.

Thanks for the crystal ball analysis Mystic Meg 🙄
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #520: Sep 13, 2021 09:16:17 am
      You see on the replay on MOTD2 that Struijk has both feet off the ground and is more or less flying into Elliott. Once you're taking two feet off the ground then that's reckless territory. That's a deserved red card.

Ridiculous that people are saying it was not deserved. Ticks all the boxes!

Tackle from behind.
      Endangering an opponent. It broke his ankle!!!  :f_steam:
      Feet off the ground.

Yet people are saying it was not intentional, it was an accident, etc. It does not matter!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #521: Sep 13, 2021 09:27:37 am
      Excellent three points.  Not too sure what's happened to Leeds this season but 10 points from our opening 4 games is perhaps better than some of the doomsters may have suggested.

Hugely disappointing for Elliott.  Second consecutive Premier League start - first Chelsea and then Leeds away - huge faith shown by the manager and then that happens.  Really hope the lad can recover in time.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #522: Sep 13, 2021 09:42:55 am

Bobby’s replacement is already here mate, Harvey can shift along the line or we have the even younger Kaide Gordon to nurture into the role, as good as a Bamford is, I can’t ever see him in LFC Red .

Y  N  W  A

It's bollox like this that entertains me on this forum 😂

Whilst we're trying players in foreign positions let's see if Keita can play left back.

Silly pr**k
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #523: Sep 13, 2021 10:17:08 am
      Excellent three points.  Not too sure what's happened to Leeds this season but 10 points from our opening 4 games is perhaps better than some of the doomsters may have suggested.

Hugely disappointing for Elliott.  Second consecutive Premier League start - first Chelsea and then Leeds away - huge faith shown by the manager and then that happens.  Really hope the lad can recover in time.

Did he not start vs. Burnley as well?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #524: Sep 13, 2021 10:31:44 am
      On reflection Sadio was really good yesterday wasn't he?

Never hid, got into many dangerous positions and with a bit more luck could have had two or three.

That one he hits with his left that just missed the post was a cracker.
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2021 10:54:34 am by srslfc »
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #525: Sep 13, 2021 10:34:15 am
      What if both Sadio and Klopp had given up on his sixth shot? That goal would never have come.

The player who "wasn't good enough" for some got you a goal at the death. You should just chalk off his goal and effort since he wasn't as sharp yesterday.

For average people like me, you can be average but if you do not give up, your reward will come. I just know a few of us here are way too excellent for Sadio yesterday.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #526: Sep 13, 2021 10:41:11 am
      Thanks for the crystal ball analysis Mystic Meg 🙄

I heard he'll never be able to kick a ball again, and the club is on its way to terminate his contact. I heard it in me head and I made that up. How's me crystal ball gazing? Can't believe people are saying things they know very little or nothing about. How's that for an opinion based on unverified facts.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #527: Sep 13, 2021 10:55:13 am
      I'm reflection Sadio was really good yesterday wasn't he?

Never hid, got into many dangerous positions and with a bit more luck could have had two or three.

That one he hits with his left that just missed the post was a cracker.

Thought he was superb and enjoying his football - all three looked very dangerous and most of the chances where stopped due to great defending or saves from the goalkeeper
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #528: Sep 13, 2021 11:03:20 am

No matter the nature of the injury incurred from such a tackle the least reaction from the ref should be a red.
      The impact of the challenge on a player who is totally unable to brace himself is potentially catastrophic.

“I didn’t mean to go in studs up” is a ridiculous claim and any disciplinary measures no matter how severe would not be unfair or undeserved.

Quick Reply