Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leeds?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.3%)
      Joel Matip
      6 (6.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      28 (30.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      19 (20.9%)
      Harvey Elliott
      17 (18.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      14 (15.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2.2%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2021 06:29:29 pm

Leeds United 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17342 times
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: Leeds United 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Sep 13, 2021 07:20:12 pm
      F***ing appalling chants and attitude in the Leeds South Stand. In the West area they appplaud Elliott off the pitch, but behind the goal they were celebrating a broken leg. As well as the usual victims bullshit which they didn't seem to understand references Hillborough, and comes from their supposed enemy. Tried to find the link, but the cowards have taken it down. All Leeds Tv hearted comments defending the chants.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #553: Sep 13, 2021 07:41:13 pm
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #554: Sep 13, 2021 07:50:11 pm
      Quote from Billo
      How did the tackle look? did they show anything? cuz i havent seen it.

When you see those player reactions and no replays are shown, there's a reason for that. All you need to know is that it's bad, and so any links should be deleted asap. Ankle injuries are horrific, visually as well as physically. It was so bad that there wasn't even a flicker of emotion about the red card, let alone a cheer. I thought it was a risk to play him as he had to withdraw from the England set up last week for injury reasons, so maybe that was a contributing factor. Wishing it is one thing but there's nothing "speedy" about his recovery, the best case scenario is next year before he's playing again, more likely next season.

We've had 3 injuries already this season, and are even lighter in numbers now than we were. It doesn't matter much atm, but it will down the line when we're struggling to break teams down and turn drab draws into the wonderful wins we need. We've already had some experience of that trying to win the last game.

On this game, for a team like us, Leeds are easy to play against, so the win was decisive and comprehensive. Mane had more shots than their entire team. It's now 20 years since they last beat us, ok they haven't played us every year, but that record is heading towards Everton levels of incompetence.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #555: Sep 13, 2021 09:12:22 pm
      Sadie Mane to my mind, never gives up, always looks to score, still has an important role in the side.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #556: Sep 13, 2021 10:38:10 pm
      I thought it was a risk to play him as he had to withdraw from the England set up last week for injury reasons, so maybe that was a contributing factor.

Absolutely no influence on what happened, not even in the slightest.

Wishing it is one thing but there's nothing "speedy" about his recovery, the best case scenario is next year before he's playing again, more likely next season.

It won’t keep him out until next season, or at least it shouldn’t do. Realistically, a return will be the back end of March - Mid April. It’s a severe injury but it’s not at the extent of an ACL surprisingly in terms of the rehabilitation and returning to action. Having suffered multiple ACL ruptures and also a broken ankle, if given the choice out the two, I’d take the broken ankle.
      I believe his ankle was an eversion motion rather than an inversion so in terms of ligament damage, I think (could be wrong) there is only the 1 main ligament that will tear whereas with an inversion I think there are 3.
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2021 10:45:35 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Edmund Bear
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts | 19 
      Reply #557: Sep 13, 2021 11:06:19 pm
      Name me one elite player that broke his ankle and tore his ligaments and came back elite! Never happened. Look just at Ox - and the dude didn't even break his ankle and still he does not look as if he belongs into top 4 PL-teams anymore. Also watch videos with MD's on youtube, there are all like "at least career alterning" which is chiffre for "he won't hold his level". And of course my whopping 14 years experience as a NFL fan where such drama happens more often and guess what: broken ankle and tore ligament = retirement (and yes, Alex Smith came back with something similiar, but just to prove a point and then retired). Harvey might come back and be able to play in the Championship or even for low PL teams, but never for elite teams.

It's not that I do not wish Harvey the best and maybe the super slim chance comes true that he broke it but not tore some ligament or whatever but I am not that sissy to deny the facts and roll into false hope.

Does Frank Lampard count? [yes, the 'o' is meant to be there]

OK, he only went on to win three PL titles, a Champions League and several FA Cups (four, I think) after breaking his leg aged 18, but he might be in with a shout, whatever we think of C****a.

Thinking about it, there was some Argentine bloke. Diego something or other. Had his leg - ankle, to be precise - broken in 1983 by what was reckoned to be one of the worst tackles in the history of football. Didn't achieve much after that.

Well, apart from the two Serie A titles and a UEFA cup. Oh, and carrying his team to the 1986 World Cup title virtually single handed (literally, in one match...).

But no, no player who broke his leg/ankle ever managed to play at the highest level aga... wait a moment....
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #558: Sep 14, 2021 12:24:44 am

OK, he only went on to win three PL titles, a Champions League and several FA Cups (four, I think) after breaking his leg aged 18, but he might be in with a shout, whatever we think of C****a.

Thinking about it, there was some Argentine bloke. Diego something or other. Had his leg - ankle, to be precise - broken in 1983 by what was reckoned to be one of the worst tackles in the history of football. Didn't achieve much after that.

Well, apart from the two Serie A titles and a UEFA cup. Oh, and carrying his team to the 1986 World Cup title virtually single handed (literally, in one match...).

But no, no player who broke his leg/ankle ever managed to play at the highest level aga... wait a moment....

Well, good if it is true. It‘s not that I wanna be right here, but rather wrong because that means our kid got a more realistic comeback shot. Godspeed.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #559: Sep 14, 2021 03:39:12 am
      What if both Sadio and Klopp had given up on his sixth shot? That goal would never have come.

The player who "wasn't good enough" for some got you a goal at the death. You should just chalk off his goal and effort since he wasn't as sharp yesterday.

For average people like me, you can be average but if you do not give up, your reward will come. I just know a few of us here are way too excellent for Sadio yesterday.

Just watched a replay of the match and Mane was in really good form. Even some of the misses were well-struck, just off target. He looks much like pre-CoVid Mane now. More goals to come.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #560: Sep 14, 2021 03:41:16 am

No, he's nailed it. I understand Walsall are preparing a bid...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #561: Sep 14, 2021 03:42:19 am
      First, define elite. We can discuss the rest after that. I just heard again that elite players are never injured. I’m not too sure where I heard that from. I made that up as well.

That's how they score more goals than they take shots, through superior powers that also prevent injuries.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #562: Sep 14, 2021 09:15:19 am
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #563: Sep 14, 2021 09:17:40 am

Crazy stats for a player playing way below himself
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #564: Sep 14, 2021 09:19:07 am

We had a terrible run of broken ankles and legs for a while, carra & Cisse if I remember rightly. Cisse was twice :-(   They were older and came back and played at the top level again. In fact both helped us win the champions league.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #565: Sep 14, 2021 05:40:44 pm
      F***ing appalling chants and attitude in the Leeds South Stand. In the West area they appplaud Elliott off the pitch, but behind the goal they were celebrating a broken leg. As well as the usual victims bullshit which they didn't seem to understand references Hillborough, and comes from their supposed enemy. Tried to find the link, but the cowards have taken it down. All Leeds Tv hearted comments defending the chants.

Welcome to Leeds.

The cu*ts have never changed.

Saying that there was some near the knuckle stuff chanted back to them.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #566: Sep 14, 2021 05:43:26 pm
      Welcome to Leeds.

The cu*ts have never changed.

Saying that there was some near the knuckle stuff chanted back to them.

Yeah, video of two reds making stabbing and cut throat gestures toward the Leeds fans has done the rounds
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #567: Sep 14, 2021 06:57:46 pm
      Yeah, video of two reds making stabbing and cut throat gestures toward the Leeds fans has done the rounds

Plus the song "In Istanbul we never got stabbed"

Quick Reply