Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson Becker
      12 (17.1%)
      James Milner
      11 (15.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      3 (4.3%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      1 (1.4%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.4%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      2 (2.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (11.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      27 (38.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (4.3%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Sep 22, 2021 04:51:13 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12200 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Sep 18, 2021 11:21:05 pm
      Watching on MoTD thought Salah's goal was a great strike. In fact all three goals a joy to watch !
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #254: Sep 18, 2021 11:34:35 pm
      Reporter: "Did you know Salah has only had yellow cards for taking his top off?

Klopp: "Well when he scored that goal against United I nearly took mine off"

Klopp: "In a season, when you are Liverpool, you win football games from time to time. When you win, usually you are really good or brilliant. Today we were not brilliant but we were good. We accepted the battle Crystal Palace was here for and that’s why I am really happy about the result, really happy about the performance. This Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday rhythm is just the most tricky one in the Premier League and so that we came through that now in the moment is very important, with all the changes we had to make and one we didn’t want to make but that worked out really well with Millie on right-back. So, it was not brilliant, but really good and I liked that."
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #255: Sep 19, 2021 01:00:19 am
      Some day some people willl realize how good a footballer Naby is
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #256: Sep 19, 2021 01:14:11 am
      Some day some people willl realize how good a footballer Naby is

Really hope he can finally stay healthy. He’s a fantastic footballer
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #257: Sep 19, 2021 01:22:47 am
      Lovely bit of football that. Hard-fought but well deserved. Konate with a solid debut. Milner had an excellent day. Allison is pretty good eh.

Nice to see that City dropped points too, 3 points clear at the top!
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #258: Sep 19, 2021 01:24:18 am
      I'm surprised Milner isn't getting more MOTM votes. He had Zaha in his back pocket all game, constantly playing on the edge with his physicality in tackles.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #259: Sep 19, 2021 01:27:04 am
      I agree.

But I do worry that the AFCON will lead to us dropping points, so it might not even end up being a good team that beats us to the title.
      This team can beat Palace and Brentford even with the Africans missing.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #260: Sep 19, 2021 01:50:51 am
      Keita's goal was filth
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #261: Sep 19, 2021 04:42:11 am
      Good results with 3 goals and clean sheet, great goals (especially Naby's) but wasn't the best performance. Very scrappy, Alisson has to bail us out a couple times but we will run into these games as the season plays out and just about getting the 3 points and looking on to Norwich.

Impressed with Tsimikas again, looked very good this season and nice to see a player hopefully Kloop will trust to plug in more often at LB so we don't run Robbo into the ground. New guy at CB looks like he has all the tools but as expected looked a but unsettled first time out, especially with a make shift back four.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #262: Sep 19, 2021 06:57:58 am
      Good solid performance especially with the changes made, Palace tbf are a better proposition than I thought they would be, on another day they could have had scored one or two and changed the game completely, I was mightily impressed by how we handled them and the performance itself will add extra confidence to those who would not normally have started, ….

Alisson…what a keeper he is, he was my MoM, kept us in it all day….9/10

Kostas…excellent performance, one or two minor errors but overall very good…8/10

Virgil…. Another stalwart performance, still not 100% but he’s just coolness personified…8/10

Konate… very good debut, looks the business doesn’t he,  he’s another colossus….7/10

Jimmy…what can you say about old father time? Had Zaha in his pocket all day long….8/10

Fabinho….running out of superlatives for this bloke, best DM on the planet…..easily…..8/10

Hendo…..its true that the world is 75% water, the rest is covered by our Skipper…..8/10

Thiago….ran his legs off b4 being crocked, hope it’s not to serious, joins up play nicely….7/10

Jota….. not his best performance tbf, but off days are rare, how did he miss ? he’ll be back….7/10

Mane…. He just never gives up does he? He sets his own records now too, simply world class….8/10

Naby…. I truly hope this fella stays healthy, we have another worldly in our midst if he does, that strike was a example of what he is capable of, wasn’t on too long but still…..7/10

Curtis….this young bloke has everything, he oozes confidence, great attitude and will one day shine….6/10

Divock…I’m glad he’s hanging around, and I hope he is given more pitch time this season, there’s a player in there and a very handy one at that…..6/10

Salah…. Where would we be without him ? His goal scoring feat is unbelievable Jeff, I mean we’re talking Messi standards here, contractually give him what he wants, because there is no other, Haaland, maybe, but right now in this moment he’s priceless…….10/10

Good solid performance, clean sheet, another 3 points and top of the shop, we will take some stopping , still not at our best but we’re getting there, not getting carried away just yet but it’s looking very promising indeed.

So now we go into the cup a competition with more rotation, this is good, it’s not a priority competition but it gives another chance to rest the usual suspects and give pitch time for the bench warmers and youth development, so we might see something like thus……

Kelleher
                        Neco.    Konate.   Matip(c)    Kostas
                                           Gomez
                               Jones.               Keita
                          Gordon     Divock.    Minamino

I can see you all now raising your eyebrows, Gomez @ DM ? we need cover for Fabinho,Gomez is quick, can defend, reads the game well, so why not ? it’s purely experimental and could prove vital in the months to come, Curtis needs pitch time as too does Naby, Divock & Taki, and I’ve given Kaide Gordon a taste of what is expected, this fella is extra special, has impressed our coaching staff so get him on, let’s see what he has to offer, for me this is a free hit, no one likes to lose but I’m thinking of the rest we’d have if we were to go out, going through means more pitch time and further experience for debutants.

Y  N  W  A

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #263: Sep 19, 2021 08:51:45 am
      Good solid performance especially with the changes made, Palace tbf are a better proposition than I thought they would be, on another day they could have had scored one or two and changed the game completely, I was mightily impressed by how we handled them and the performance itself will add extra confidence to those who would not normally have started, ….

Alisson…what a keeper he is, he was my MoM, kept us in it all day….9/10

Kostas…excellent performance, one or two minor errors but overall very good…8/10

Virgil…. Another stalwart performance, still not 100% but he’s just coolness personified…8/10

Konate… very good debut, looks the business doesn’t he,  he’s another colossus….7/10

Jimmy…what can you say about old father time? Had Zaha in his pocket all day long….8/10

Fabinho….running out of superlatives for this bloke, best DM on the planet…..easily…..8/10

Hendo…..its true that the world is 75% water, the rest is covered by our Skipper…..8/10

Thiago….ran his legs off b4 being crocked, hope it’s not to serious, joins up play nicely….7/10

Jota….. not his best performance tbf, but off days are rare, how did he miss ? he’ll be back….7/10

Mane…. He just never gives up does he? He sets his own records now too, simply world class….8/10

Naby…. I truly hope this fella stays healthy, we have another worldly in our midst if he does, that strike was a example of what he is capable of, wasn’t on too long but still…..7/10

Curtis….this young bloke has everything, he oozes confidence, great attitude and will one day shine….6/10

Divock…I’m glad he’s hanging around, and I hope he is given more pitch time this season, there’s a player in there and a very handy one at that…..6/10

Salah…. Where would we be without him ? His goal scoring feat is unbelievable Jeff, I mean we’re talking Messi standards here, contractually give him what he wants, because there is no other, Haaland, maybe, but right now in this moment he’s priceless…….10/10

Good solid performance, clean sheet, another 3 points and top of the shop, we will take some stopping , still not at our best but we’re getting there, not getting carried away just yet but it’s looking very promising indeed.

So now we go into the cup a competition with more rotation, this is good, it’s not a priority competition but it gives another chance to rest the usual suspects and give pitch time for the bench warmers and youth development, so we might see something like thus……

Kelleher
                        Neco.    Konate.   Matip(c)    Kostas
                                           Gomez
                               Jones.               Keita
                          Gordon     Divock.    Minamino

I can see you all now raising your eyebrows, Gomez @ DM ? we need cover for Fabinho,Gomez is quick, can defend, reads the game well, so why not ? it’s purely experimental and could prove vital in the months to come, Curtis needs pitch time as too does Naby, Divock & Taki, and I’ve given Kaide Gordon a taste of what is expected, this fella is extra special, has impressed our coaching staff so get him on, let’s see what he has to offer, for me this is a free hit, no one likes to lose but I’m thinking of the rest we’d have if we were to go out, going through means more pitch time and further experience for debutants.

Y  N  W  A

Good analysis mate - Salah deserves his 10, so good!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #264: Sep 19, 2021 09:11:57 am
      *The reds gave got no money but we'll still win the league.

* if we get past AFCON still in touch.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #265: Sep 19, 2021 09:37:53 am
      Good all round performance, with another three points in the bag.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #266: Sep 19, 2021 11:10:33 am
      I dozed off and woke at 5.past 3. Queue mass panic to find a stream, ended up watching the game through 3 different ones

I was using hegoal then it crashed, missed quarter of the game. ;D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #267: Sep 19, 2021 12:00:55 pm
      I could see them faking an illness or injury (that „heals“ faster than assumed) if we look good. There’s a grey area that our doctors/players could use. At least I‘d hope for it.

Think both are too proud to represent their countries to do this. Especially with both countries having a chance of winning it.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #268: Sep 19, 2021 12:01:31 pm
      Also, how good is Kostas's delivery, F**k me.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #269: Sep 19, 2021 01:26:27 pm
      I was using hegoal then it crashed, missed quarter of the game. ;D

Started with fpl streams weebly, that died so I went to hesgoal, that died so I ended up with one that someone posted on here
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #270: Sep 19, 2021 01:41:44 pm
      I'm surprised Milner isn't getting more MOTM votes. He had Zaha in his back pocket all game, constantly playing on the edge with his physicality in tackles.

He did well, but Salah was motm. The Little Egyptian King is bang on it at the moment.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #271: Sep 19, 2021 02:10:56 pm
      Started with fpl streams weebly, that died so I went to hesgoal, that died so I ended up with one that someone posted on here

Was typical my dad popped round to watch it, just as he opened his wee 0% beer the stream died.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #272: Sep 20, 2021 12:18:34 am
      *The reds gave got no money but we'll still win the league.

* if we get past AFCON still in touch.

Hahaha spent half of the first half trying to work out what the first bit of that chant was. Proper cheesy sing along by chrimbo time.

THE REDS HAVE GOT NO MONEY, BUT WE'LL STILL WIN THE LEAGUE
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #273: Sep 20, 2021 01:45:51 am
      Article in The Athletic says referees are working on applying a lighter touch when it comes to fouls whistled. Mentioned that two of our opponents from Saturday: Diving Zaha and his friend, Diving Ayew, were third and sixth in the league last season in times fouled per 90 minutes.

I'm not sure how different things are this season, but those two were moaning basically beginning to end.

I'm good with fewer stoppages of play, but I don't want skill players and quality football to be negated through backstreet football tactics.

Are you all noticing any difference so far this season in how matches are refereed?
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #274: Sep 20, 2021 01:18:20 pm
      It was a great win with a clean sheet, Alisson stars in the game along with Henderson, and sorry to see Thiago picked an injury.

Good Luck lads
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #275: Sep 20, 2021 03:54:59 pm
      Article in The Athletic says referees are working on applying a lighter touch when it comes to fouls whistled. Mentioned that two of our opponents from Saturday: Diving Zaha and his friend, Diving Ayew, were third and sixth in the league last season in times fouled per 90 minutes.

I'm not sure how different things are this season, but those two were moaning basically beginning to end.

I'm good with fewer stoppages of play, but I don't want skill players and quality football to be negated through backstreet football tactics.

Are you all noticing any difference so far this season in how matches are refereed?
      Personally I've enjoyed seeing refs let more of the softer fouls go, as it has allowed for momentum to stay alive in games more instead of having the game stop constantly over the tiniest incidents. I generally like when referees are as uninvolved in deciding the outcome of a game, and so typically the less calls they make the better the game will flow. That said, the key with this approach is that refs need to use cards to keep teams honest if they're abusing the leeway, and the jury is still out on their ability to do that consistently.

In the Palace game I thought Milner was a beneficiary of the new approach, and may have picked up a booking had the game been reffed like last year. He played a fair game though based on this seasons rules.

Henderson on a yellow was also slightly fortunate to not get a 2nd booking for that professional pullback outside the Palace box. Not saying that it was a definite yellow, but he was fortunate. It was one of those where he probably would have gotten booked if he hadn't already have received a yellow earlier.

Quick Reply