Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Norwich?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      11 (14.5%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      3 (3.9%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (6.6%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      7 (9.2%)
      Curtis Jones
      7 (9.2%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kaide Gordon
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      33 (43.4%)
      Divock Origi
      3 (3.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Tyler Morton
      7 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: Sep 25, 2021 09:35:48 pm

Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10362 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Sep 22, 2021 04:40:50 pm
      Apparently Keita went off due to a slight injury from kicking the ground. Couldn’t make it up.

Actually you can, if you've ever done it, it can be painful.

My guess would be stubbed toe.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #254: Sep 22, 2021 04:42:32 pm
      The Keita sub seems to have been pre-planned to some extent. Saying that he kicked the grass is an easy out for Klopp instead of explaining that he took Keita off to keep him fresh for the weekend which is a more important fixture. Klopp even said it wasn't anything serious so nothing to worry about.

It happened, I saw it happen, with him limping slightly straight after it.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #255: Sep 22, 2021 04:44:47 pm
      F**k me some sh*te on here about Keita
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #256: Sep 22, 2021 04:56:14 pm
      F**k me some sh*te on here about Keita

Care to elaborate Rossy, you can’t leave us in suspenders !!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #257: Sep 22, 2021 05:04:32 pm
      There are 22 teams left in the competition (including Liverpool), so 21 possible opponents we can draw.

Man City
      Burnley
      Leeds
      Southampton
      Brentford
      Preston
      QPR
      Stoke
      Sunderland

Brighton / Swansea
      Arsenal / Wimbledon
      Chelsea / Villa
      Man Utd / West Ham
      Millwall / Leicester
      Wolves / Spurs 

Of the 21 teams still in the competition, 7 of them are non-PL teams: Preston, QPR, Stoke, and Sunderland are already through, plus Swansea, Wimbledon, and Millwall needing to win.

The best case scenario would be for 7 of the 15 teams in the draw to be non-PL (if all three of Swansea, Wimbledon, and Millwall win). That would give us a 46.7% chance of drawing a non-PL team, and 23.3% of a non/PL team at home.

Worst case scenario would be for only 4 of the 15 teams in the draw to be non-PL (if all three of Swansea, Wimbledon, and Millwall lose). That would give us a 26.7% chance of drawing a non-PL team, and 13.3% chance of drawing a non-PL team at home.

So regardless of results our chance of drawing a non-PL team will be somewhere between 26.7% and 46.7%. And chances of a home tie against a non-PL team will be between 13.3% and 23.3%.

Given these odds we should be pretty pleased with simply avoiding the top clubs (United, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Leicester, Arsenal). We'd have to be really lucky to draw a non-PL side, especially at home.

So is that a yes or no to my question? :laugh:
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #258: Sep 22, 2021 05:33:56 pm
      So is that a yes or no to my question? :laugh:
      It is.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #259: Sep 22, 2021 07:08:18 pm
      Our record under Klopp in the domestic cups hasn't been the best so it was encouraging to see us despatch Norwich quite comfortably with 2nd and 3rd string players. Origi/Minaminio credit where it's due they've stood up and shown they're prepared to fight. Let's hope that continues as the stakes get bigger. The Greek lad has a wand of a left peg and is a joy to behold when he's flying down the wing and teeing it up. Good to see the younger lads playing with maturity and game intelligence. I half expect us to get twatted or ship 2/3 goals in these types of games so it was a pleasingly assured performance.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #260: Sep 22, 2021 07:25:49 pm

Care to elaborate Rossy, you can’t leave us in suspenders !!

Just think he gets a rough ride that's all Billy
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #261: Sep 22, 2021 10:11:12 pm
      Preston away in the next round then, good draw for us.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #262: Sep 22, 2021 10:15:11 pm
      Preston away in the next round then, good draw for us.
      That draw worked out perfectly for us. At the end we were one of four teams remaining, with Sunderland, QPR, and Preston, all of which would have been good draws. We also saw all the other top Premier League teams get tough draws against each other. Ideally we would have been drawn at home against Preston rather than away, but other than that this was a perfect draw. We get to play a team that doesn't require much travel and who our staff and many players are already familiar with given that we've played them in preseason a few times recently.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #263: Sep 22, 2021 10:17:33 pm
      That draw worked out perfectly for us. At the end we were one of four teams remaining, with Sunderland, QPR, and Preston, all of which would have been good draws. We also saw all the other top Premier League teams get tough draws against each other. Ideally we would have been drawn at home against Preston rather than away, but other than that this was a perfect draw. We get to play a team that doesn't require much travel and who our staff and many players are already familiar with given that we've played them in preseason a few times recently.

Absolutely, and for once Citeh got a "Proper" draw.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #264: Sep 22, 2021 10:20:20 pm
      Aye you'd take that draw all day! We usually get a sh*te draw in this competition so a trip to a lower league side nearby is decent. Would love to see us win this trophy, i know many don't care so much for it and tbh, i can get over it pretty sharpish when we lose but i think City's success has really helped them to keep a big squad happy and in form over the years. It's a great way to develop your young players, keep your fringe players in form and knocking on the first team door, and of course it's a trophy we have won more than any other club in English football so it's a big part of our history.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #265: Sep 22, 2021 10:23:56 pm
      Aye you'd take that draw all day! We usually get a sh*te draw in this competition so a trip to a lower league side nearby is decent. Would love to see us win this trophy, i know many don't care so much for it and tbh, i can get over it pretty sharpish when we lose but i think City's success has really helped them to keep a big squad happy and in form over the years. It's a great way to develop your young players, keep your fringe players in form and knocking on the first team door, and of course it's a trophy we have won more than any other club in English football so it's a big part of our history.

Like you I always want to win this one.

Great draw.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #266: Sep 22, 2021 10:30:30 pm
      With that draw I definitely want to see Gordon and Morton starting next round, along with one of Neco or Bradley.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #267: Sep 22, 2021 10:33:02 pm
      Am I right in thinking that Sepp van den Berg can't play against us when we face Preston?
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #268: Sep 22, 2021 10:59:49 pm
      Decent draw alright, and would expect pretty much the same side again against Preston, something for them all to look forward to.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #269: Sep 22, 2021 11:16:16 pm
      A good draw where our youths can play again.

Rewarded for their success.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #270: Sep 23, 2021 12:18:11 am
      The timing of the Preston fixture is perfect, as it comes after 3 very tough fixtures, and is then followed by another 3 very tough games before the November international break.

Oct 16 - Watford A
      Oct 19 - Atletico A
      Oct 24 - Man Utd A
      Oct 27 - Preston A
      Oct 30 - Brighton H
      Nov 3 - Atletico H
      Nov 7 - West Ham A

The Preston fixture should offer a timely opportunity for rotation to allow the first team to rest and reset a bit after attacking the first 3 fixtures there.

Looking at that fixture list it's very good that we did get a good cup draw, as the fixture list could have looked a whole lot trickier had we gotten a tough PL away draw instead.

Also crazy to think that we have only 3 away games between the end of September and the return from the November international break on November 20th. The team is going to have to travel very well the next couple of months with 7 away games and only 3 home games in that stretch.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #271: Sep 23, 2021 08:09:15 am
      4 away games in a row. Oaft.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #272: Sep 23, 2021 02:49:25 pm
      Bradley isn't ready for first team football. Plain and simple.

Gordon showed a lot of promise and the kid is smooth. Definitely needs to be in the lineup against Preston.

Tyler Morton was the best of the lot. He was calm on the ball and his passes were accurate. When play would speed up he would just slow it down and reset the team. He blew me away.

Excited to see us get Preston. I hope Neco can play in that game. Ideally it's the same side, barring a few changes. A midfield 3 of Morton, Mily, and Jones would soot nicely
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #273: Sep 23, 2021 03:00:55 pm
      Bradley isn't ready for first team football. Plain and simple.

Gordon showed a lot of promise and the kid is smooth. Definitely needs to be in the lineup against Preston.

Tyler Morton was the best of the lot. He was calm on the ball and his passes were accurate. When play would speed up he would just slow it down and reset the team. He blew me away.

Excited to see us get Preston. I hope Neco can play in that game. Ideally it's the same side, barring a few changes. A midfield 3 of Morton, Mily, and Jones would soot nicely

tbf. Bradley is 4th choice RB, just random that the other guys got sick at same time, and neco williams was just days away from being available again. So the lad did well for a 4th choice player. ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #274: Sep 24, 2021 03:40:19 am
      Hey forgot to come in here and say Get the fuckkkkkk in.

Well done lads, great to see some youngies get a game and they handled themselves extremely well, apart form that 1 sloppy penalty given away.

Lucky Kelleher saved it, can you imagine the sh*t on social media the poor lad would have copped from the lots of cu*ts in this world. Could do so major damage to the physce.

My MOTM was The Greek. Loving watching him running up that wing. Has a great cross on him and a very good cross taker. Love Andy but Andy never beats the first man. Drives me nuts!!!

On to the next round lads!

Quick Reply