Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Goal That Best Represents What Liverpool Means To You

Read 3480 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: The Goal That Best Represents What Liverpool Means To You
      Reply #23: Dec 06, 2007 01:36:54 pm
      Liverpool to me has always been the way we play football and thats generally pass and move so the goal that would best represent that for me has to be Terry McDermott and the 7th goal v spurs in 78. Now I was about 2 or 3 months old when it happened so Ive only seen it in dvds and stuff. But what a goal. As Terry mac said himself the goal itself was nothing special a header at the backpost but what makes it great is this

Spurs have a corner, this was supposed to be a top team with ardilles and villa just signed, Liverpool win the ball in our own box Dalglish brings it out and lays it off to Mcdermott he gives it off to Davy Johnson (I think) who again gives a first time pass to Heighway on the left wing heighway without controlling the ball whips it to the back post where Tery mac has arrived to head the ball in for number 7. 4 passes in about 12 seconds from a spurs corner and weve scored!! simple but brilliant. And that to me is Liverpool FC
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #24: Dec 06, 2007 01:54:38 pm
      Actually I have another goal which kinda makes me laugh everytime I see it. Stan Colymores goal against Necattle, it was 3-3 and barnes and rushy got mixed up in the box but barnesy had enough sense to lay it off for Colymore to hit the screamer just inside the post, I know Collymore wasnt a legend in any uncertain terms, but its his celebration that made me laugh , it was a kinda Benny Hill run off with everyone chasing him and the big smile on his face like a kid who just ran out of a sweet shop with sweets he didnt pay for, its not that its special goal in glory terms, it is probably one of the funniest, because I also still chuckle at Keegan in the dugout he was so gutted.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #25: Dec 06, 2007 03:17:23 pm
      Actually I have another goal which kinda makes me laugh everytime I see it. Stan Colymores goal against Necattle, it was 3-3 and barnes and rushy got mixed up in the box but barnesy had enough sense to lay it off for Colymore to hit the screamer just inside the post, I know Collymore wasnt a legend in any uncertain terms, but its his celebration that made me laugh , it was a kinda Benny Hill run off with everyone chasing him and the big smile on his face like a kid who just ran out of a sweet shop with sweets he didnt pay for, its not that its special goal in glory terms, it is probably one of the funniest, because I also still chuckle at Keegan in the dugout he was so gutted.

Just watched that on LFC TV :laugh: It was a cracker though, brilliant match, even better result! :)
      johnbarnesno1
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #26: Dec 06, 2007 04:23:24 pm
      Such a difficult one to call.
      Stevie's against Olympiakos was incredible.
      Collymore's against Newcastle - superb.
      But I actually think I would go for Stevie beaut against West Ham in the Cup final. I sprung into the air only to realise mid-flight that I was on crutches with a knee injury and that when I landed it was going to hurt... a lot.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #27: Dec 07, 2007 01:53:29 pm
      This is so tough!

Gerrard stunner v Olympiakos. WOW! I also loved Andy Gray commentary to that!
      Gerrard Wonder Goal v West Ham
      Gerrard's goal v Man U a few years back

But it has to be his goal against Milan in Istanbul. It sums Liverpool Football Club up so well.

Quick Reply