Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brentford?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (6.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      3 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      7 (11.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      21 (35.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      6 (10.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      17 (28.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Sep 29, 2021 07:24:44 pm

Brentford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17433 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Brentford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Sep 25, 2021 07:36:31 pm
      Said a couple of weeks ago there is too much rotation going on in defence and it showed today. TAA, Matip, Virgil and Robbo backline isn’t the way too go at the moment, 5 goals in 2 games they’ve conceded. Too much rotation and not enough consistency.

The players weren’t good enough and Klopp should’ve put Milner on for Jota or Mane at 3-2 to get some control. Or even another CB and gone to a back 5 with wing backs because they were killing us with the ball in behind.

Kick in the teeth performance.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #484: Sep 25, 2021 07:36:31 pm
      Bin Robbo and Matip and Trent who thinks he’s too good for everyone else

Let them sit on the bench for a game or 2 and have a good think about it.

Miller was MOTM when he played against Zaha and The Greek has 2 feet, is quick as well and a bull as well but most importantly his crosses always beat the first man. Sick of Andy’s sh*t crosses in. And Trent thinking he’s Gods gift.

F***ing wasted opportunity with results around us!

VVD was shocking too mate. lost the header in Brentford's second goal, maybe lack of concentration
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Live: Brentford V Liverpool
      Reply #485: Sep 25, 2021 07:36:39 pm
      These are a good side. One of my best pals is a big red but works for these as an analyst and said he was confident of causing some chaos in our box.

I dont think the performance of our full backs was in keeping with the situation away from home and a goal up. Eventually you have to heed the warnings of being caught in behind and drop back a bit. Dont think Mo will want to see his miss again because he was taking the piss again out of keeping with the match situation.

Wasn't great from either centre back either. Seen enough of these the past 3 seasons to know they will give most teams a run for their money at their ground. They make it uncomfortable so it was never a gane for bombing up and down and getting embroiled in a basketball match with them.

When you conclude all that we should take the point and be grateful we got that. Onwards we go.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #486: Sep 25, 2021 07:38:02 pm
      At least next week City are not going to go long ball all the time.

Klopp will give the players a rocket and we are going to come out firing next week. The opposition will fear the Anfield roar. Its no coincidence they won last season at Anfield for the first time in almost 20 years because of no fans.

Hadn’t looked ahead, we got city next game 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ our defence plays like that and they will hit us for 10. Fucks sake!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #487: Sep 25, 2021 07:39:17 pm
      Hadn’t looked ahead, we got city next game 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ our defence plays like that and they will hit us for 10. Fucks sake!

JĂźrgen will put a rocket up the players we'll be ready for City mate won't worry about that.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,126 posts | 83 
      Reply #488: Sep 25, 2021 07:41:46 pm
      I would not read too much into that one game. Once in a while it happens and Brentford might be a real deal, let's wait how United, City or Chlesea do against them. It's a long road.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #489: Sep 25, 2021 07:42:27 pm
      City won't play as many long balls as this, it's a completely different style of game to face than Brentford.
      Gogeqac_8
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #490: Sep 25, 2021 07:42:52 pm
      We’re missing many chances up front, but we did score 3 goals. We can’t blame the forwards, the problem was the defense, can’t give away so many chances like we did today.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #491: Sep 25, 2021 07:43:10 pm
      VVD was shocking too mate. lost the header in Brentford's second goal, maybe lack of concentration

Agreed mate, he was sh*t, no leadership from him at the back when the going got tough. He should have been ripping into every one of those back liners and Fab in front of him to pull their F***ing fingers out, including himself.

Haven’t seen them defend that shithouse, collectively for along time.

Off to bed work in 3 and a bit hours.

Fuckers wrecked my whole day now. 🤬🤬🤬

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #492: Sep 25, 2021 07:44:49 pm
      City won't play as many long balls as this, it's a completely different style of game to face than Brentford.

Pep will see that and go let’s play long balls this weekend!
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 119 posts | 24 
      Reply #493: Sep 25, 2021 07:45:55 pm
      Three times in the last two matches Allison has come out to try and meet an attacker.. All three times he left the goal exposed and couldn’t recover quick enough.   Maybe I’m wrong but if he hold his ground I do not think any of the goals are scored, maybe one. 

If it’s one on one I have no problem with him doing this and he has saved many goals that way but not when they have several men inside the penalty area.  More can go wrong that right.
      Edmund Bear
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts | 19 
      Reply #494: Sep 25, 2021 07:48:22 pm
      Not the best defensive performance (to put it mildly) and the extra 2 point gap over City would've been nice, particularly after other results.

But...

I suspect that Brentford, if able to put out their near-enough 1st choice side, will give visiting teams from the top 5 or 6 the heebie-jeebies this season and it may turn out that we look back on this and think 'y'know, that wasn't as bad as it might've been - look at what they did to City/United/Chelsea!'

A mate of a mate is a Brentford supporter, and talking to him, I get the impression that one of their big problems was the fear that they were cursed never to get out of the Championship. He suggests that they've got a massive boost in confidence and are good enough - and today hinted at it - to cause all sorts of bother for at least the first half of the season.

Yes, we still should've won and the defence's decision to put on an Everton tribute act wasn't helpful, but I'll be glass half full about it. And as others have said, JĂźrgen will 'have words' and the team'll be fired up and the defence more on the ball than they were today (if they know what's good for them, anyhow).
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #495: Sep 25, 2021 07:50:16 pm
      They played with 5 across the middle, and we were outnumbered allowing them to pass through us when they had the ball on the floor.

With Trent getting out done with the high balls into his half, should have put Gomez there, changed Robbo for Tsimikas and Millie for Jota. All at half time and we get more control in the middle, and more cover at the back.

When you see your side being undone again and again by the same tactic, surely you have to make changes.

Said it so many times, as good as Jürgen is, he has too much faith in the tried and tested, even when it’s not working.
      Poor game management again.

To think Hendos tackle on 73 mins saves us from losing.

still top of the pile, but too many of those performances and we won’t last long there.

Hendo motm for me, just for that tackle !
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #496: Sep 25, 2021 07:52:04 pm
      How did Robbo and Mane not get hooked ,with 20-25 to go thats a question to be answered ,not going talk about the 3 goals,thats 2 massive points chucked  away
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #497: Sep 25, 2021 07:54:14 pm
      Its a win for Brentford, piss poor performance from everyone, so cannot say MOM.  Played right into their hands, we lead twice and still could not do it.
      Good goal from jota and salah miss was dissapointing, expacted more
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #498: Sep 25, 2021 07:55:53 pm
      Rarely comment on this forum anymore but there’s always more talking points when we drop points because we’ve been spoilt under klopp and we’re not used to it.

Have to give Brentford credit. Most teams park the bus against us but they were up for it from the first whistle and for a newly promoted team to play with that much intensity they deserve even more praise.

From our point of view it wasn’t a great day at the office. The results went in our favour today and we missed a good opportunity to form a little gap between ourselves and the rest.

I thought Matip and virgil looked nervous throughout the game. In matches like this then sometimes you need to resort back to old school defending. The type of defending we see from phillips. I’m not suggesting phillips should have started by the way, but his no nonsense old fashioned defending is the type of thing needed in a match like this.

Trent and Robbo weren’t much better and their service and delivery levels have dropped considerably compared to a couple of seasons ago.

I thought the midfield was a shambles in truth and they only got a grip of the game around the 75th 80th min mark for a total of five minutes. We were never in full control of that match and we badly missed thiago. He scored a lovely goal Jones but I’ve said it before and my thoughts are still the same, he’s not cut out for this level.

Pre season many of us knew it was a huge mistake not replacing Gini and all kinds of excuses were used. I stated we would see the problems around November but it’s actually happened sooner. In bloody September. Elliott, keita and Thiago all unavailable and I felt we saw the problems today.

Front three did ok but they could, and should, have it wrapped the game up for us. It’s games like this where you rely on those three even more because we were never going to keep a clean sheet and looked like conceding every time the ball was near our box, and the midfield couldn’t dominate or control the game. 

The chance salah had in particular when we were 3-2 up and he scooped it over the bar was just embarrassing to be honest. I obviously love mo but just pack all that nonsense in, put your boot through the ball and win us the bloody game.

Two points dropped but I’m actually glad we just didn’t lose the game in the end. We need to bounce back now and there’s no better game to do it v city next week.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #499: Sep 25, 2021 07:57:19 pm
      Beat city next week and the world is good again
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #500: Sep 25, 2021 07:57:31 pm
      That Salah miss I think we knew would haunt us. He has the ability and composure to open his body out and slot it into the net so why roll the ball and then go for the chip. If it’s gone in then it looks great but it was the wrong option.

Just not sitting right with me that miss because it would’ve killed the game off, they wouldn’t have come back from 4-2.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #501: Sep 25, 2021 07:59:15 pm
      They rattled us and they're gonna do the same with some top sides this season.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #502: Sep 25, 2021 08:00:30 pm
      I just read that someone thought Virgil looked nervous - please ban me from this forum.

The F***ing overreaction is astounding

People looking for scapegoats.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #503: Sep 25, 2021 08:02:31 pm
      Beat city next week and the world is good again

Right now, the last thing I want to do is think about City. They’ll be licking their lips having watched that. 9 goals in 3 games they’ve put past us. Dreading it right now
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #504: Sep 25, 2021 08:03:15 pm
      Right now, the last thing I want to do is think about City. They’ll be licking their lips having watched that. 9 goals in 3 games they’ve put past us. Dreading it right now

They tore Chelsea apart today, I can’t see us beating them
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #505: Sep 25, 2021 08:03:31 pm
      Just once can we park the bus, play ugly football and see out a lead?

Quick Reply