Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brentford?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (6.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      3 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      7 (11.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      21 (35.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      6 (10.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      17 (28.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Sep 29, 2021 07:24:44 pm

Brentford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16884 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Brentford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Sep 26, 2021 11:28:56 am

No worries.

So you've hated all the yellow kits. That I understand.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #576: Sep 26, 2021 11:35:14 am
      No worries.

So you've hated all the yellow kits. That I understand.

just about aye.  :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #577: Sep 26, 2021 11:45:46 am
      I admired the way Brentford played against us, no fucks given about reputation just got on with the job, we got lucky to come away with a point but we also should have killed the game off with Salah’s chip & taken all 3 points..

Also what a sublime pass from Fabinho & a clinical finish from Mo, great technique all around...

Frustrating that we could have been 3 clear at top going in to face City..
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #578: Sep 26, 2021 11:54:00 am
      I admired the way Brentford played against us, no fucks given about reputation just got on with the job, we got lucky to come away with a point but we also should have killed the game off with Salah’s chip & taken all 3 points..

Also what a sublime pass from Fabinho & a clinical finish from Mo, great technique all around...

Frustrating that we could have been 3 clear at top going in to face City..

Beat city and were 4 clear.   :clap:
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #579: Sep 26, 2021 12:26:06 pm
      The consensus is that Brentford were credible opposition and deserving of the result.

"Feeling comfortable" watching a competitive game is not the desired mindset, feeling confident playing mediocre opposition and three goals up would inspire a comfortable feeling.
      Brentford on that showing were a long way from mediocre and have proved a match for quality opposition as their league position indicates.

Not once do you credit the opposition with reasonable display but are more concerned with criticising every LFC player on the field.

Good point. Should have put that in my own post. Brentford were great yesterday ... probably deserved more than they got in alot of ways.

Still don't see them troubling city or Chelsea ... those teams won't be so bad at the back.

But credit were its due. They kept going and were in our faces and we could not deal with them.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #580: Sep 26, 2021 12:54:46 pm
      Good point. Should have put that in my own post. Brentford were great yesterday ... probably deserved more than they got in alot of ways.

Still don't see them troubling city or Chelsea ... those teams won't be so bad at the back.

But credit were its due. They kept going and were in our faces and we could not deal with them.

Was traveling during the game, was able to stream some of it. After watching  Brentford play their earlier games this season, I knew this was going to be a very tricky game. I would not of foreseen a very sloppy defense on our part though. Sh*t happens, we move on, and we do better.

Side note, goalies out there, Brentford’s second goal. Did Allison hesitate to go for that cross? Should he of went for that cross? I’m talking about the initial cross that went from TAA side.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #581: Sep 26, 2021 01:29:36 pm
      Was traveling during the game, was able to stream some of it. After watching  Brentford play their earlier games this season, I knew this was going to be a very tricky game. I would not of foreseen a very sloppy defense on our part though. Sh*t happens, we move on, and we do better.

Side note, goalies out there, Brentford’s second goal. Did Allison hesitate to go for that cross? Should he of went for that cross? I’m talking about the initial cross that went from TAA side.

The way it looked Alisson went for the initial path of the cross but the ball was re-directed further right consequently beyond his reach.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #582: Sep 26, 2021 01:42:00 pm
      Disappointed and frustrated. At least, we top of the league :)

But we need to move on and work harder.

Henderson and Jones were the best performers.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #583: Sep 26, 2021 01:59:43 pm
      Should of gone on and won the game when we went 3-2 up, but instead let them back into the game. Toney had a good game, shook both VVD and Matip. Salah had one of them games. And Mane needs to start finding his shooting boots. Don't know why people are having a go at Ali, he wasn't as bad as the cb's.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #584: Sep 26, 2021 02:18:00 pm
      Should of gone on and won the game when we went 3-2 up

We’ve heard enough of this and to me this statement is a lost cause. We should have done a bunch of things that we didn’t do. If everybody did so, the world would be perfect.

We would have gotten [insert name of player] and won [insert name of trophy] [insert number] more times.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #585: Sep 26, 2021 02:27:34 pm
      We’ve heard enough of this and to me this statement is a lost cause. We should have done a bunch of things that we didn’t do. If everybody did so, the world would be perfect.

We would have gotten [insert name of player] and won [insert name of trophy] [insert number] more times.

Stick to trying to be funny armchair fan!!
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #586: Sep 26, 2021 02:31:21 pm
      Should of gone on and won the game when we went 3-2 up, but instead let them back into the game. Toney had a good game, shook both VVD and Matip. Salah had one of them games. And Mane needs to start finding his shooting boots. Don't know why people are having a go at Ali, he wasn't as bad as the cb's.

Yep no where near as bad thought he might have just made the scorers mind up for 3rd but being picky.  The other 4 were far from their best
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #587: Sep 26, 2021 02:36:30 pm
      Yep no where near as bad thought he might have just made the scorers mind up for 3rd but being picky.  The other 4 were far from their best

The defence had a shocker yesterday. You could tell the way VVD was glaring at people they were having a bad day.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #588: Sep 26, 2021 03:10:26 pm
      The defence had a shocker yesterday. You could tell the way VVD was glaring at people they were having a bad day.

Yes saw him dishing a bit out but also thought he was well below his standards. Good test of his turn of pace when he caught Toney near the end with last ditch tackle
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #589: Sep 26, 2021 03:16:15 pm
      Well it was a disappointing two dropped points

The back line were poor all day but I reckon that’s the sort of battle VVD needed

Take out how bad the back line were I enjoyed the game and Brentford were good for their point

They play a solid way and those forwards are going to get some goals this season

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #590: Sep 26, 2021 03:35:04 pm
      Was like watching a Rodgers side last night. Never ever felt comfortable when the opposition were punting the ball forward. To be fair, we looked pretty shaky at the back against Palace early on too. Thankfully Alisson (if I remember) was on hand to bail us out once or twice.

Gutted to have not come away with the three points but hopefully when the dust settles and the season goes on, we'll come to the realisation that it wasn't that bad a resut, as I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to turn over one or two of the "big six" sides there this season.

Top of the league still by a point. If you'd offered me that before the weekend I'd have probably taken it. Still can't help feeling we should really be three clear though
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #591: Sep 26, 2021 03:38:16 pm
      We always seem to throw a result like this in at least once a season so I'm not overly worried.

As someone said above its probably good the CB and back line got put under pressure and made to battle for once
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #592: Sep 26, 2021 04:13:47 pm
      After a good sleep, I guess we are top of the league, and you can't complain about that with the other strong teams there are now around us... as long as we finish each weekend top of the league I can't complain about nothing.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #593: Sep 26, 2021 04:32:33 pm
      I’m still gutted, would have felt better if we scored to make it 3-3 instead of us losing the lead.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #594: Sep 26, 2021 05:16:19 pm
      Was like watching a Rodgers side last night. Never ever felt comfortable when the opposition were punting the ball forward. To be fair, we looked pretty shaky at the back against Palace early on too. Thankfully Alisson (if I remember) was on hand to bail us out once or twice.

Got the feeling that was just Konate settling into the back line, once we got through that first ten minutes, we were sound yesterday. What I couldn't understand was we obviously scout teams etc, you know what type of player Toney is, personally I would of kept Konate in and just ask him to deal with Toney. Felt like VVD and Matip both struggled when having to go up against him.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #595: Sep 26, 2021 05:18:12 pm
      We always seem to throw a result like this in at least once a season so I'm not overly worried.

As someone said above its probably good the CB and back line got put under pressure and made to battle for once

It was a good game, played in a good spirit, the only thing we're all moaning about is dropping the two points.

I think Brentford will be a handful for anyone at home this season.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #596: Sep 26, 2021 06:18:32 pm
      Got the feeling that was just Konate settling into the back line

Think you're actually right there - don't really recall any major scares after the opening quarter of the Palace game had passed.

What I couldn't understand was we obviously scout teams etc, you know what type of player Toney is, personally I would of kept Konate in and just ask him to deal with Toney. Felt like VVD and Matip both struggled when having to go up against him.

I think we maybe could have coped with him better if Konate was on the pitch, but that's a big if. Obviously he's still settling in and there's the possibility he may have gotten run ragged last night. He's still brand new to the league and probably isn't used to playing in physical games like yesterday. Klopp's shown a few times now that he doesn't like throwing people in at the deep end, I think he did have an idea of how they were going to set up and decided to go with experience at the back. Suppose we'll never know if it was the right call or not!
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #597: Sep 26, 2021 06:21:49 pm
      Stick to trying to be funny armchair fan!!

I’m not even an armchair fan. I’m an armchair Liverpool manager who knows what we should have done to achieve the desired result from past matches. And I’m half the time unhappy with everybody’s performance because they ain’t perfect.

Quick Reply