Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brentford?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (6.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      3 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      7 (11.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      21 (35.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      6 (10.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      17 (28.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Sep 29, 2021 07:24:44 pm

Brentford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16888 times
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Re: Brentford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Sep 27, 2021 09:41:54 am
      popele talk about Ole and his too little / too late subs but JĆ¼rgen can be as bad
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #599: Sep 27, 2021 09:46:25 am
      Iā€™m still gutted, would have felt better if we scored to make it 3-3 instead of us losing the lead.

Even me and I am due to the clear chances that we had. If we didn't, F**k it we drew but we had so much chances.

Our defense was very leaky too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #600: Sep 27, 2021 10:10:13 am
      Saw the goals again yesterday. Why did we allow Raya to be so far out of his box on the 2nd goal and put him under no pressure at all, giving him all the time in the world to pick his pass.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #601: Sep 27, 2021 11:50:02 am
      The consensus is that Brentford were credible opposition and deserving of the result.

"Feeling comfortable" watching a competitive game is not the desired mindset, feeling confident playing mediocre opposition and three goals up would inspire a comfortable feeling.
      Brentford on that showing were a long way from mediocre and have proved a match for quality opposition as their league position indicates.

Not once do you credit the opposition with a reasonable display but are more concerned with criticising every LFC player on the field.

You do this with more or less every post. You just make up rubbish to support an argument even though itā€™s blatantly not true. Itā€™s why Iā€™ve never bothered ever engaging with you on here.

Go back and read my post again. Literally, my second paragraph, I praise Brentfordā€™s performance. It was refreshing to see a team play that way against us, especially for a newly promoted team.

As title contenders, we should expect that though. Some teams raise their game against us with a nothing to lose attitude and itā€™s difficult, yet something we need to cope and deal with if weā€™re going to win the league. We didnā€™t deal with it well on Saturday and both the back line and midfield struggled.

If you suggest anything else youā€™re talking pony as usual.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #602: Sep 27, 2021 12:03:00 pm
      Iā€™m still gutted, would have felt better if we scored to make it 3-3 instead of us losing the lead.

Funny game isnā€™t it. Feels like 2 points dropped but had we equalised it would have been a big point gained.
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #603: Sep 27, 2021 02:08:47 pm
      It was a lucky draw, the whole back four were awful especially Trent and Matip, VVD was not far either he looked so out of sort and so slow. . As for Trent, he is not a defender, rather he is a winger with awful finishing.  The backline is ought to change, there are better players on the bench.  Mane was poor again, we missed Thiago badly. What was the logic behind Klopp's change of Jones with the useless Firmino? to have three wingers on the pitch at one time, wasn't that clever at all.
      If we play like this against Porto and M. City the first defeat will be guaranteed.

Good Luck Lads
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #604: Sep 27, 2021 03:34:59 pm
      You do this with more or less every post. You just make up rubbish to support an argument even though itā€™s blatantly not true. Itā€™s why Iā€™ve never bothered ever engaging with you on here.

Go back and read my post again. Literally, my second paragraph, I praise Brentfordā€™s performance. It was refreshing to see a team play that way against us, especially for a newly promoted team.

As title contenders, we should expect that though. Some teams raise their game against us with a nothing to lose attitude and itā€™s difficult, yet something we need to cope and deal with if weā€™re going to win the league. We didnā€™t deal with it well on Saturday and both the back line and midfield struggled.

If you suggest anything else youā€™re talking pony as usual.

ā€œTalking ponyā€?? What the F**k is that about.
      You bullshitting is more appropriate!
      Saw the whole game and commented on what I saw, you lapse into personal comment if any view differs from your own, donā€™t usually respond to your bullshit but replied to a post without taking note of the culprit, certainly wonā€™t happen again.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #605: Sep 27, 2021 04:08:00 pm
      ā€œTalking ponyā€?? What the f**k is that about.
      You bullshitting is more appropriate!
      Saw the whole game and commented on what I saw, you lapse into personal comment if any view differs from your own, donā€™t usually respond to your bullshit but replied to a post without taking note of the culprit, certainly wonā€™t happen again.

Bullshitting about what? Bad weirdo you lad.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #606: Sep 27, 2021 04:10:46 pm
      It was a lucky draw, the whole back four were awful especially Trent and Matip, VVD was not far either he looked so out of sort and so slow. . As for Trent, he is not a defender, rather he is a winger with awful finishing.  The backline is ought to change, there are better players on the bench.  Mane was poor again, we missed Thiago badly. What was the logic behind Klopp's change of Jones with the useless Firmino? to have three wingers on the pitch at one time, wasn't that clever at all.
      If we play like this against Porto and M. City the first defeat will be guaranteed.

Good Luck Lads

Don't know what's worse , your posts or the people who have liked 7 of them
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #607: Sep 27, 2021 06:03:29 pm

Good Luck Lads

Take that sh*te back to Twitter with you FFS!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #608: Sep 27, 2021 07:52:23 pm
      Bullshitting about what? Bad weirdo you lad.

Hahah ā€˜ladā€™ haha.
      Who the F**k do ya think you are.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #609: Sep 27, 2021 10:19:24 pm
      Well I thought we would press the F**k out of these, but with the ball always going long, there was rarely anyone up field with the ball to press.
      However, they pressed us around our own box and forced Ali to go long too often, playing into their hands, as they won 80 % of the high balls.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #610: Sep 27, 2021 10:43:27 pm
      Quote from fields of anny rd
      Yeah thats my feelings on it. We can carry playing like we did against AC and Brentford and it will be fantastic for the neutrals and give us some real exciting games or we can grind results out and look at winning some silverware at the end of it all.

Wont win the biggest honours though with this basket ball style.

It isn't basketball, it's one game. It comes after 1 goal conceded in 7 league games. As long as it stays like that, there's not much to worry about. After 6 games last season, we had conceded 14 goals, this year it's just 4.

Quote from Don77
      Big chance to open a gap just tossed away in a sea of mediocrity.

First time our defence has been put under a little 'English style' old fashioned pressure today and they couldn't handle it. They were clueless.

Mo ... what can you say. He needs to be a killer ... not a f**king showboater when the game is at stake. He is as much to blame if not more than the defence for us p*ssing 2 points away there.

Well played by Brentford. They deserved more than 1 point if I'm honest.

As for these people shouting about being unbeaten... only for another week playing like that because city will ruin us if we defend like that and are as wasteful at the other end.

I can't see a repeat next week. It's a different game against a different style in different circumstances. Obviously if Alisson decides to throw the game away again, there's only so much we can do.

Congratulations to Salah on reaching the 100 mark, and breaking another record. He may have been one of the first players in our team to declare that he hated VAR, but without it in this game, the reality is he doesn't score at all and we don't even get a point. We don't know what the consequences of the result will be, if any, the rest of the season will determine that. But for now, we're 1 point ahead of where we were at this point last year, and we're back on top after other results went our way. So we take the positives and move on.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #611: Sep 28, 2021 07:42:38 am
      Is it safe to come in here nowā€¦I got my tin hat on..?

Firstly I want to give credit to Thomas Frank, he got his tactics spot on, he took it as a challenge to take on one Europeā€™s finest and almost pulled it off, they say the best form of defence is attack and that is exactly what Thomas did, he set up his side to attack us at every opportunity, others come out against us have a bash in the first 10-15 minutes then get ten behind the ball and hope, but not Brentford, they were brilliant, they kept going and matched us in every department,

Yes itā€™s safe to say our defence wasnā€™t at the races, these things happen, but Brentford made it happen they tested our defence better than most will do this season, so although we scored three and should of had five, Brentford deserved their point, they fought tooth and nail and got their reward,

Brentford will take points off our rivals that I have no doubt, because when you have a manager as bright and intelligent as is Thomas Frank is itā€™s almost inevitable, just think for a moment where he has brought them from, and then think how has he done that ?  Then imagine  what he is capable of if he had a team bursting with world class talent, he is a very astute and clever man, and a very very good manager,

Iā€™m seeing this as a point gained rather than losing two, we are still top, and we will take some beating, and glad Brentford tested us, itā€™s a kick up the scrotum we perhaps needed going forward, and it couldnā€™t have been timed better having City up next.

Some of you need to wobble your heads, we dropped 4 points this season so far, last season weā€™d lost I think about 15(someone will do the maths) but cā€™mon ffs we still havenā€™t reached top gear yet, but weā€™re TOP, from some saying we need a complete overhaul including the manager to someone else on about swimming strokes F**k me honestly, the only thing that should be stroked is their cocks,

Anyhoo, Iā€™m off to get my PEG fitted for my cancer sh*t, so tonight Iā€™ll be listening to us on the wireless hammering Porto from my hospital bed, hope Iā€™m in a small ward or the blokes with whites coats might be calling.

Y  N  W  A
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #612: Sep 28, 2021 08:16:10 am

Firstly I want to give credit to Thomas Frank, he got his tactics spot on, he took it as a challenge to take on one Europeā€™s finest and almost pulled it off, they say the best form of defence is attack and that is exactly what Thomas did, he set up his side to attack us at every opportunity, others come out against us have a bash in the first 10-15 minutes then get ten behind the ball and hope, but not Brentford, they were brilliant, they kept going and matched us in every department,

Yes itā€™s safe to say our defence wasnā€™t at the races, these things happen, but Brentford made it happen they tested our defence better than most will do this season, so although we scored three and should of had five, Brentford deserved their point, they fought tooth and nail and got their reward,

Brentford will take points off our rivals that I have no doubt, because when you have a manager as bright and intelligent as is Thomas Frank is itā€™s almost inevitable, just think for a moment where he has brought them from, and then think how has he done that ?  Then imagine  what he is capable of if he had a team bursting with world class talent, he is a very astute and clever man, and a very very good manager,

Iā€™m seeing this as a point gained rather than losing two, we are still top, and we will take some beating, and glad Brentford tested us, itā€™s a kick up the scrotum we perhaps needed going forward, and it couldnā€™t have been timed better having City up next.

Some of you need to wobble your heads, we dropped 4 points this season so far, last season weā€™d lost I think about 15(someone will do the maths) but cā€™mon ffs we still havenā€™t reached top gear yet, but weā€™re TOP, from some saying we need a complete overhaul including the manager to someone else on about swimming strokes f**k me honestly, the only thing that should be stroked is their cocks,

Anyhoo, Iā€™m off to get my PEG fitted for my cancer sh*t, so tonight Iā€™ll be listening to us on the wireless hammering Porto from my hospital bed, hope Iā€™m in a small ward or the blokes with whites coats might be calling.

Y  N  W  A
      What a pleasant post to read Billy, thanks for that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #613: Sep 28, 2021 09:24:25 am

Some of you need to wobble your heads, we dropped 4 points this season so far, last season weā€™d lost I think about 15(someone will do the maths) but cā€™mon ffs we still havenā€™t reached top gear yet, but weā€™re TOP, from some saying we need a complete overhaul including the manager to someone else on about swimming strokes f**k me honestly, the only thing that should be stroked is their cocks,

Y  N  W  A

spot on billy and all the best pal.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #614: Sep 28, 2021 06:20:49 pm

Y  N  W  A

All the best Billy
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #615: Sep 29, 2021 11:33:50 am
      Hahah ā€˜ladā€™ haha.
      Who the f**k do ya think you are.

Another typical response from you when somebody asks a question that you canā€™t answer because youā€™re a divvy who talks pony. Leg it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #616: Sep 29, 2021 01:03:13 pm
      Another typical response from you when somebody asks a question that you canā€™t answer because youā€™re a divvy who talks pony. Leg it.

Hahahaha

Quick Reply