Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Porto?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.5%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      63 (78.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (10%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: Oct 02, 2021 09:51:18 pm

FC Porto 1-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10381 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Re: FC Porto 1-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Sep 28, 2021 09:57:35 pm
      We know we will struggle against Simeones scum bags so a cushion is good
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #254: Sep 28, 2021 09:58:09 pm
      F***ing hate patetiko
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #255: Sep 28, 2021 09:58:48 pm
      Those cu*ts winning in the 97th minute does leave a sour taste.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #256: Sep 28, 2021 10:00:48 pm
      Those cu*ts winning in the 97th minute does leave a sour taste.

Great to have 6 points though Milan seem to have played ok in both matches but 0 points . Would take 4 points no problem against Athletico
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #257: Sep 28, 2021 10:03:27 pm
      Jones and Elliott (until the injury) really showing their potential this season, looking more worthy of a starting place than Keita and Ox who are 2 established players with plenty of years behind them now.

Bobby with a couple of goals will do him a big confidence boost. 3 goals in his 5 appearances so far, much needed for him.

Obviously the main negative is letting in such a sloppy goal, other than that not many negatives at all. Think Jota struggled though, another glorious chance wasted through his lack of composure and not much was coming off for him, dodgy first touch, passes going wayward and generally another one of his not so good performances.

6 out of 6, shame Atletico got the win but only 2 teams can go through so as long as we keep picking up the points we will have nothing to worry about. Put ourselves in a favourable position early on.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #258: Sep 28, 2021 10:07:13 pm

Wouldn't worry to much ... a point of better there and we will be in excellent shape after 3 games with 2 to come at home.

Hopefully put that biting c*nt right back in his place as well. Can't stand him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #259: Sep 28, 2021 10:09:07 pm
      On tonight’s showing the competition must be nervous.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #260: Sep 28, 2021 10:09:09 pm
      Jones and Elliott (until the injury) really showing their potential this season, looking more worthy of a starting place than Keita and Ox who are 2 established players with plenty of years behind them now.

Bobby with a couple of goals will do him a big confidence boost. 3 goals in his 5 appearances so far, much needed for him.

Obviously the main negative is letting in such a sloppy goal, other than that not many negatives at all. Think Jota struggled though, another glorious chance wasted through his lack of composure and not much was coming off for him, dodgy first touch, passes going wayward and generally another one of his not so good performances.

6 out of 6, shame Atletico got the win but only 2 teams can go through so as long as we keep picking up the points we will have nothing to worry about. Put ourselves in a favourable position early on.

Aye, agree with that. Jota needs to just relax a little. He seems to snatch at everything.
      4 points from athletico would be great. But they will be difficult games from a well drilled team.

Good to see Man City lose. And Madrid losing to a team who sound like law enforcement from the Wild West.

Interesting night. Top of the group and top of the premier league. All eyes to the big game at the weekend now....
      Kitty
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 115 
      Reply #261: Sep 28, 2021 10:13:05 pm
      I am so happy - great game and Curtis is getting a lot of plaudits for his performance, and rightly so, but I also think Robbo was immense tonight. 😄😄💗💗😄😄
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #262: Sep 28, 2021 10:13:19 pm
      How the hell did Porto go 35 games unbeaten in the league ? They were poor tonight.....thankfully 😂
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #263: Sep 28, 2021 10:15:01 pm
      How the hell did Porto go 35 games unbeaten in the league ? They were poor tonight.....thankfully 😂

It’s a sh*t league to be honest.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #264: Sep 28, 2021 10:17:08 pm
      Only caught bits of it in the background but the when I was watching we looked fairly in control and was easy night (figured it would of been more difficult).

I was never as big on Jones as others on here by back to back good showings to cement is place within the first team. Wonder if Klopp will be brave enough to start him on weekend.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #265: Sep 28, 2021 10:27:14 pm
      Group of Death my arse. Porto keeper looked like he was a striker who'd been made to go in goal.

Utterly dominant performance.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #266: Sep 28, 2021 10:27:36 pm
      Wow, true to up my prediction to 3:0 too late.
      Never expected us to get 5 to be fair.
      Great performance all round.
      Just a couple of lapses of concentration, but that’s all in the game really. Bob comes on and gets two, looks sharp and back to his best. Always plays with a smile on his face, love the man.
      Think Curtis had his best game yet for us and gave him motm.
      Good performance all round, gotta be happy with that with city coming up. 👍
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #267: Sep 28, 2021 10:34:39 pm
      Think Porto were without their 2 first choice CBs, Mbemba and Pepe, so that didn't help them, and we know what that's like.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #268: Sep 28, 2021 11:03:03 pm
      I thought Porto where awful tonight. Fair play to the Reds dominated the game, took their chances, to stroll home with a 5  1 away win.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #269: Sep 28, 2021 11:14:47 pm
      About as perfect a game of football as you could ask for. Comfortable from start to finish, resounding 5 goal win, and getting to rest some players while City were taken the distance by Paris. Shame that Atletico lucked into a late penalty or this group would look done and dusted already.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #270: Sep 28, 2021 11:16:52 pm
      I thought Porto where awful tonight. Fair play to the Reds dominated the game, took their chances, to stroll home with a 5  1 away win.
      Our passing in build up play was fantastic, and we always had the out ball to Robertson who had tonnes of joy down the left.

That said, the final ball wasn't great today, and we'll have to be better on Sunday as City won't gift us anywhere near as many openings as Porto did.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #271: Sep 28, 2021 11:25:18 pm
      Our passing in build up play was fantastic, and we always had the out ball to Robertson who had tonnes of joy down the left.

That said, the final ball wasn't great today, and we'll have to be better on Sunday as City won't gift us anywhere near as many openings as Porto did.

Agree with what you are saying, City will be simply a different proposition. But you can only play the opposition that are put out, I thought Porto where simply awful !
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #272: Sep 28, 2021 11:33:22 pm
      Agree with what you are saying, City will be simply a different proposition. But you can only play the opposition that are put out, I thought Porto where simply awful !
      Overall it was pretty disappointing that our run of games scoring exactly 3 goals came to an end, I was quite enjoying the simplicity of our list of results, what with it being 3-x every time ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #273: Sep 28, 2021 11:35:14 pm
      Only caught bits of it in the background but the when I was watching we looked fairly in control and was easy night (figured it would of been more difficult).

I was never as big on Jones as others on here by back to back good showings to cement is place within the first team. Wonder if Klopp will be brave enough to start him on weekend.

I think Jones will relish a chance against City. I would certainly have Jones over Keita, he was sensational tonight.

I basically think it will be the same team but maybe Firmino comes in for Jota - Firmino is looking sharp and always seems to play well against city.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #274: Sep 29, 2021 01:26:10 am
      I think Jones will relish a chance against City. I would certainly have Jones over Keita, he was sensational tonight.

I basically think it will be the same team but maybe Firmino comes in for Jota - Firmino is looking sharp and always seems to play well against city.

I just don’t see Keita starting against City. There are plenty of days off in between where fatigue won’t really be an issue for Jones, and with Keita last having played 45m against Norwich almost 2 weeks ago by the time of the game on Sunday, he won’t have the match fitness or sharpness to go 90 on Sunday.

Also agree it’ll likely be the same team as today but with Bobby coming in for Jota.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #275: Sep 29, 2021 01:44:43 am
      I just don’t see Keita starting against City. There are plenty of days off in between where fatigue won’t really be an issue for Jones, and with Keita last having played 45m against Norwich almost 2 weeks ago by the time of the game on Sunday, he won’t have the match fitness or sharpness to go 90 on Sunday.

Also agree it’ll likely be the same team as today but with Bobby coming in for Jota.
      Keita is better off the ball than Jones which could be a crucial factor as well.

I also wouldn't rule out Klopp going with an attacking lineup to blow City away in the first 30 as we've been prone to do. Last season in November we started with all 4 of Salah, Mane, Jota, and Firmino on the pitch, and with Firmino back to match fitness that could be an option for Sunday. Worth noting that we did play with a front 4 for 25 minutes against Brentford too which could also be an indicator that that is what Klopp wants to do against City.

Allison

Milner  Matip  Van Dijk  Robertson

Henderson   Fabinho

Salah          Firmino           Mane

Jota

Quick Reply