Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Porto?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.5%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      63 (78.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (10%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: Oct 02, 2021 09:51:18 pm

FC Porto 1-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10390 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: FC Porto 1-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Sep 29, 2021 01:59:45 am
      Keita is better off the ball than Jones which could be a crucial factor as well.

I also wouldn't rule out Klopp going with an attacking lineup to blow City away in the first 30 as we've been prone to do. Last season in November we started with all 4 of Salah, Mane, Jota, and Firmino on the pitch, and with Firmino back to match fitness that could be an option for Sunday. Worth noting that we did play with a front 4 for 25 minutes against Brentford too which could also be an indicator that that is what Klopp wants to do against City.

Allison

Milner  Matip  Van Dijk  Robertson

Henderson   Fabinho

Salah          Firmino           Mane

Jota

Didn't realize we had gone 4-2-3-1 against City in November, but even though we switched to that formation against Brentford, i don't think we'll do it against City. After the Brentford game Jürgen explained that he switched the formation because "....we didn't really need a 3rd midfielder because they only played long balls" which City obviously don't do.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #277: Sep 29, 2021 03:41:32 am
      Suarez has come back to bite us, only a nibble though

You mean he didn't bend his tooth like at the World Cup?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #278: Sep 29, 2021 03:46:46 am
      I think Jones will relish a chance against City. I would certainly have Jones over Keita, he was sensational tonight.

I basically think it will be the same team but maybe Firmino comes in for Jota - Firmino is looking sharp and always seems to play well against city.

Same starting midfield as tonight. Bobby comes on for Jota and the back four unchanged. Shame about Trent, but we can still win this.

Good performance tonight to get the taste of Brentford out of our mouths and provide a positive springboard for Sunday. Liked Fab and Curtis especially, and Robbo and Millie both did well. Let's GO!

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #279: Sep 29, 2021 04:14:03 am
      Well that was surprisingly easy but helps when their keeper was all at sea,

Didn't see the game listened to it on talkshite 2, in hossy, can't remember the comms bloke but 'Psycho Pearce was summerisor and pretty good one too,

Soon as we got that first I knew we'd win,  the broadcast wasn't the best with lots of buffering but i didn't miss any of the goals,  the second on HT basically killed them, there was no coming back from there, I noticed though that young Curtis was involved a lot and got a couple of assists,  I think he'll play V City, he's maturing nicely and the confidence he'll gain from tonight will lift him even higher,  for me he's now ahead of Naby, and Ox and probably Milner too when Trent returns,  who said we'd miss Gini ?

Interesting debate now , is Salah at this moment in time the best in the world,  its difficult to find someone better, and i think he is, Cr7 isn't and Le Messi certainly isn't, Benzema, Lowandowski, nah, not for me,

But getting back to tonight,  bit of a blow Suarez scoring last minute but, I think we can go there and do them, seriously,  their good but not as good as we are, they'll be more worried about us, and i think they know it too, we got them back to back so a minimum of 4 points will see us over the line almost for the KO stages,

Brilliant performance tonight,  that has certainly made a statement City got shafted in gay Paris, and we'll shaft them again Sunday.

Without saying it too loudly,  I think we are as good if not better than '19' and we will take some stopping,  how many now are we unbeaten?

YNWA
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #280: Sep 29, 2021 06:17:00 am
      Porto must be sick of the F***ing sight of us by now.

Great result.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #281: Sep 29, 2021 07:11:28 am
      Think Porto were without their 2 first choice CBs, Mbemba and Pepe, so that didn't help them, and we know what that's like.

Correct.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #282: Sep 29, 2021 07:13:17 am

Didn't see the game listened to it on talkshite 2, in hossy, can't remember the comms bloke but 'Psycho Pearce was summerisor and pretty good one too,

Soon as we got that first I knew we'd win,  the broadcast wasn't the best with lots of buffering but i didn't miss any of the goals,  the second on HT basically killed them, there was no coming back from there, I noticed though that young Curtis was involved a lot and got a couple of assists,  I think he'll play V City, he's maturing nicely and the confidence he'll gain from tonight will lift him even higher,  for me he's now ahead of Naby, and Ox and probably Milner too when Trent returns,  who said we'd miss Gini ?

Interesting debate now , is Salah at this moment in time the best in the world,  its difficult to find someone better, and i think he is, Cr7 isn't and Le Messi certainly isn't, Benzema, Lowandowski, nah, not for me,

But getting back to tonight,  bit of a blow Suarez scoring last minute but, I think we can go there and do them, seriously,  their good but not as good as we are, they'll be more worried about us, and i think they know it too, we got them back to back so a minimum of 4 points will see us over the line almost for the KO stages,

Brilliant performance tonight,  that has certainly made a statement City got shafted in gay Paris, and we'll shaft them again Sunday.

Without saying it too loudly,  I think we are as good if not better than '19' and we will take some stopping,  how many now are we unbeaten?

YNWA

Unbeaten in all comps this season so far. Aye. 👍
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #283: Sep 29, 2021 09:28:32 am

YNWA

Hope the nurses are treating you well.

Yea, would expect Jones to start against Citeh ahead of Keita [so Hendo/Fab aswell]. He's playing really well at the moment, winning the ball, covering lots of ground, making attacking runs and good passes.

And Salah is deffo up there with the best of them, he's consistently scoring for us and playing well. Think it there is any player we'd miss if injured, he's the one we'd miss the most.

2 wins out of 2, so far so good...
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #284: Sep 29, 2021 10:08:16 am
      Had to laugh after they scored, one of their players were waving them upfield to press us, we immediately played the ball behind them, and Bob scores 😂😂😂

Right lads, all drop back again 😂😂😂😂
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #285: Sep 29, 2021 11:29:09 am
      Superb performance. Are porto sh*te or did we just make them look sh*te? They looked like a pub team and barely got a kick last night but I thought we were excellent throughout and all over the pitch. It was a great performance after we struggled at Brentford and the game couldn’t have gone any better for us in truth.

Some great football and the confidence must be sky high now going into the city game. Salah, mane and milner all got half an hour rest and it was good to see Bobby back in amongst the goals too.

Nothing more else to add, it was a fantastic professional performance in an european away game. Shout out to curtis Jones who I quite often criticise and don’t particularly rate, but I thought he had a great game last night.

Up the F***ing reds
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #286: Sep 29, 2021 01:29:49 pm
      Group of Death my arse. Porto keeper looked like he was a striker who'd been made to go in goal.

Utterly dominant performance.

Diego Costa is he? The striker in goal…
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #287: Sep 29, 2021 03:30:32 pm
      Good show and the credit goes to all the players.

Good Luck Lads
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #288: Sep 29, 2021 04:40:05 pm
      We have seen some disastrous keeper performances in our net over the years, likes of Adrian vs Atletico, Mignolet every other week, Karius in Kiev etc but I still can't believe how bad the Porto lad was, that was something special. It wasn't even like it was 1 bad decision, there were several! Would love to know what was going through his mind when he came rushing out on Bobby's first goal.

We were by far the better team, no doubt about it but it's always an extra benefit when the other keeper is having a mare.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #289: Sep 29, 2021 04:47:57 pm
      Porto must hate the sight of us!!

Curtis easily motm, superb performance.

Bring on those Atleti shithouses.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #290: Sep 29, 2021 05:20:02 pm
      Porto must hate the sight of us!!

Curtis easily motm, superb performance.

Bring on those Atleti shithouses.

Our European Norwich 😂😂😂
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #291: Sep 29, 2021 06:10:03 pm
      Impressed with Curtis Jones he is coming on as a player nicely
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #292: Sep 29, 2021 07:38:36 pm
      Credit is where credit is due, outstanding last night. Keep working Curtis, made up for you my man
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #293: Sep 30, 2021 01:41:39 am
      A walk in the park it turned out to be..nice to be able to sit back and watch a game and just enjoy the last 10 or so mins , instead of being a nervous wreck.

Curtis easily MOTM but I was more than happy to see Fab at his hustling, bustling best, just in time for City!!!

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #294: Oct 02, 2021 12:00:26 am
      Quote from Brown1
      Good show and the credit goes to all the players.

Good Luck Lads

That the best you can do, is it? No credit at all to the man in charge, you know the one that has the team top of the league, top of the group, has delivered the dough to the trophy room, and the football to enjoy good shows in Europe 5 years in a row. I would normally say "our" and "us", but in your case that probably doesn't apply.

You also probably have a draft already to post up here for Sunday. You had it after the last time we played them. I hope he forces you to delete it instead.

Quote from RedBelle
      God - how long did that take!

As long as necessary. Surprised the VAR signal wasn't made by the ref, but maybe Russian refs don't bother with it. There was a check on the 2nd goal also to see if the ball was out of play when Curtis reached it.

Somehow that country has 3 teams in this competition. Two of them have already lost 5-1 at home. I think we should add the Dragao to our list of favourite away grounds. Every time we go there, it's an "all you can eat" buffet of as many goals as we want. 14-2 in three trips. I've seen better defending from part timers.

"Can we play you, Can we play you, Can we play you every year? Can we play you every year?"

Quick Reply