Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs

Read 17569 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Re: Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs
      Reply #207: Oct 12, 2021 04:10:27 pm
      I don’t believe in free things. If things are free, they’re likely to be of low quality. In fact we need to overpay to get the best things. We need to be like suckers that every seller loves to deal with. Because we overpay. There’s so much quality in overpaying… most of the time. And we get the targets we want.

He would demand a good weekly wage after the 'free' transfer, as you point out you have to pay for perceived skill.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #208: Oct 12, 2021 05:06:30 pm
      He would demand a good weekly wage after the 'free' transfer, as you point out you have to pay for perceived skill.

Yes pay that up as well. Let's be suckers and win everything. Pay it all up. Borrow, steal. Just get those players through the door. All Balon d'Or listed players. Win the whole lot first, then see how much we owe the whole world and decide how we will repay them later on. I'd be first to pay £200 for each match ticket in the Kop to help the cause. Just win the whole lot and make fans happy.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #209: Oct 12, 2021 05:30:42 pm
      Yes pay that up as well. Let's be suckers and win everything. Pay it all up. Borrow, steal. Just get those players through the door. All Balon d'Or listed players. Win the whole lot first, then see how much we owe the whole world and decide how we will repay them later on. I'd be first to pay £200 for each match ticket in the Kop to help the cause. Just win the whole lot and make fans happy.

What you talking about?
      I never suggested signing the player, it was a hypothetical proposition.
      I was correcting your assertion that his services would be ‘free’.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #210: Oct 12, 2021 10:38:26 pm
      He only went to Barca because they were desperate for a Neymar replacement. He was signed for over 100mill and it was based on 1 season. He had a decent season at Rennes but to be honest that's the French league so I'm hesitant to look into that too much. Then at Dortmund he didn't particuarly stand out, certainly didn't look a 100mill player. Very much like Martial getting his move to United.

IMO he's just another one of those players that was has been deemed to be better than he is because he showed some signs of potential and some team will pay whatever it takes to sign potential.

He's going to be 25 come next season, he's past the stage of potential now, he's at the stage where he should have really started to prove himself. He's had a serious injury, his attitude isn't good and he hasn't delivered on his early potential. Last season was his big chance at Barca to really show what he can do, but he didn't deliver.

IMO there are much better options out there. He's too much of a gamble, even on a free transfer. The fact that nobody has made any real attempt to sign him, even though Barca have wanted rid for the last couple of years says it all. Even if we sign him on a free transfer, if he doesn't up his game then we could end up stuck with him and unable to move him on too.

Fairy muff mate, you obviously know more than I do so I doff my hat, but sometimes you know diamonds can be found amongst the dross, our manager has some good things to say about this fella and he is a pretty good judge of character, i think you will agree, hence my ‘don’t be too hasty and buses’ analogy, it is doubtful he would arrive but if he did it will because Jürgen wanted him and thinks he can nurture his inner talents, and what that says to me is, he sees something you and I don’t, we only have opinions Jürgen and his staff have knowledge and expertise.

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply