Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match: Liverpool vs Man City [Sunday October 3rd, 16:30]

Read 6709 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Pre-match: Liverpool vs Man City [Sunday October 3rd, 16:30]
      Reply #46: Oct 01, 2021 08:41:08 pm
      I’m hearing the City owners are offering a full petrol tank to attract supporters to the Emptihad.. 😂😂

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #47: Oct 01, 2021 08:59:44 pm
      Have noticed the last two times we lost heavily to them (4-0 and 4-1) we actually had more possession than they did (53 and 56%) which is very unusual for their side to have less. In contract when we won 3-0 in the champions league and 4-3 in the league, we had only 34 and 36% possession. Looks like Pep is adapting to previous defeats to Klopp.

Maybe we play at their own game and counter attack - waiting for the opportunity.

Have no problem with Milner or Gomez at right-back though Gomez is a little bit rusty. Not sure if we go 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Klopp has hinted there could be a change in system when discussing RB.
      He’s apparently not a fan of it but chance we could go for a Chelsea set up with 3 CB’s and wing backs?

I would have thought he meant 4-2-3-1 but if he discussed this on the topic of RB, this could be interesting...
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #48: Oct 01, 2021 10:06:54 pm
      Klopp has hinted there could be a change in system when discussing RB.
      He’s apparently not a fan of it but chance we could go for a Chelsea set up with 3 CB’s and wing backs?

Can't see it and don't think he was suggesting it, he just didn't want to give anything away. 99% it's gonna be Jimmy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #49: Oct 01, 2021 11:25:32 pm
      Can't see it and don't think he was suggesting it, he just didn't want to give anything away. 99% it's gonna be Jimmy.

I know he wasn’t suggesting anything in particular. He just said about different systems when discussing RB options.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #50: Oct 02, 2021 12:36:24 am
      5 at the back ! 3 cb and wingbacks. 3 amigos up top, so 2 in middle of park ? They’d get over run 😳

5-3-2 perhaps, but not sure we would change to a system that hasn’t been successful for us in the past.

Tried and tested. 4-3-3
      Millie at rb for his experience, or Joe for his pace.
      Press press and press again. Win the ball high up and batter them.
      Full on tempo with a wild crowd and 2:0 all day long😊
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #51: Oct 02, 2021 02:23:07 am
      5 at the back ! 3 cb and wingbacks. 3 amigos up top, so 2 in middle of park ? They’d get over run 😳

5-3-2 perhaps, but not sure we would change to a system that hasn’t been successful for us in the past.

Tried and tested. 4-3-3
      Millie at rb for his experience, or Joe for his pace.
      Press press and press again. Win the ball high up and batter them.
      Full on tempo with a wild crowd and 2:0 all day long😊

100 % agree with this.

Klopp said the following Friday about reasons for our good start (after struggling for a crucial part of last season):

"But now we stepped not back to what we did before, I’d rather say a little bit more aside, we changed as well some things. But we are much closer to what we did before than we were last year. So it means we have stability; when you have stability you feel more freedom for the offensive stuff; when you have more freedom you can come more often in dangerous situations or threatening situations and then you can score more often."

Which to me, makes a change in system/formation not very likely.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #52: Oct 02, 2021 04:25:20 am
      100 % agree with this.

Klopp said the following Friday about reasons for our good start (after struggling for a crucial part of last season):

"But now we stepped not back to what we did before, I’d rather say a little bit more aside, we changed as well some things. But we are much closer to what we did before than we were last year. So it means we have stability; when you have stability you feel more freedom for the offensive stuff; when you have more freedom you can come more often in dangerous situations or threatening situations and then you can score more often."

Which to me, makes a change in system/formation not very likely.

I read it that way too. If Grealish is on the left I have no worries about Milly handling him. Sterling could give him problems with his pace.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #53: Oct 02, 2021 06:50:20 am
      Tough game ahead, goes without saying, simply hope our defence can cope with the City attack. Meanwhile we have been in great goal scoring form lately. All adds up to a great game to look forward to on Sunday.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #54: Oct 02, 2021 08:58:35 am
      Tough game ahead, goes without saying, simply hope our defence can cope with the City attack. Meanwhile we have been in great goal scoring form lately. All adds up to a great game to look forward to on Sunday.

As long as we are on form our defenders will cope.
      I think Grealish looks exciting, but is hugely over rated.
      He’ll run at Millie, but I think millies positioning will stand him up and turn him around. That’s when he’ll get frustrated and the slightest touch will se him collapse in a heap. It’s a strong ref we need for this game.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #55: Oct 02, 2021 09:47:17 am
      No fear…

Both managers playing mind games by complementing each other…

Klopp has Pep in his pocket..

2-1 to the Red men..,
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #56: Oct 02, 2021 01:25:30 pm
      Plus my bus-trip is 5-6 hours each way, so could be a lot of cans/bottles!!  ;D

Hopefully they've got a toilet on the coach then  ;D

Have a good one mate!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #57: Oct 02, 2021 04:32:26 pm
      Last season was a bit of a mis-match considering we couldn't field our usual X1, its one of the reasons them kunts ran away with it,  and with MUtants flattering to deceive City had no one breathing down their scrawny necks,

But every pundit under the sun wankfested over them and praised them to high heaven, and they still couldn't win the CL which just like this season reckon they'll do it this time, 🤣🤣🤣you can stop laughing now  if you want,

So now that Pep has spunked another £100m + the pundits are still wanking over him with the mantra of...if you chuck enough money at something you will eventually win....a flawed logic you would think they would have learnt from by now ?

Anyhoo b4 last season it was a toss of the coin trying to split us,  and that's where we're at again except the pundits think otherwise, 🤣🤣🤣 you can start laughing again, what those delusional fuckwits don't get is we are back better and stronger than when we ourselves ran away with it in 2019/20, oh but that is conveniently forgotten and because we haven't spunked the money our rivals have we are dismissed as no longer good enough for winning the league,

They also don't consider that we are unbeaten in all competitions,  sit on top of the League and are scoring goals at a rate the same if not better than 19/20,

I would love it if tomorrow we just go for it, we might concede one or two but we could bag three or five, that may seem to be a bit kamikaze but we don't know any other way except attack attack attack,  pin these kunts back and take every opportunity we can,

It'll probably be tight as and we .might cancel each other out,  seen that b4 in this fixture, but i just think Jürgen has Pep's number and will again come out on top.

2-1 Mighty Redmen   Champions Elect

YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #58: Oct 02, 2021 07:25:38 pm
      What’s the weather like in Liverpool at the mo.
      It’s been driving rain for a lot of the country.
      If it’s like that tomorrow, who do you think is best equipped to cope with it.?
      Miserable conditions to play in, but I’m thinking a good noisy crowd can lift our lads to battle through it.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #59: Oct 02, 2021 08:19:27 pm
      Oddmakers favor City slightly. I agree. Pound-for-pound they are more talented. I‘d take a draw right now, but of course deep inside I hope for more. I bet Robbo will not produce ONE good corner, not one, they will all be too flat, too high, too wide, too robbish (yes, you guessed right, I’d like to bring Kostas). I hope Jürgen does not want to win too much and plays too high. Paradoxically he‘d have to play like Chelsea, like a team that is OK to draw: park the bus, give City the ball and look for counter attacks. That is actually what we are built for but it is forgotten because 90% of our opponents are so weak.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #60: Oct 02, 2021 09:08:48 pm
      Oddmakers favor City slightly. I agree. Pound-for-pound they are more talented. I‘d take a draw right now, but of course deep inside I hope for more. I bet Robbo will not produce ONE good corner, not one, they will all be too flat, too high, too wide, too robbish (yes, you guessed right, I’d like to bring Kostas). I hope Jürgen does not want to win too much and plays too high. Paradoxically he‘d have to play like Chelsea, like a team that is OK to draw: park the bus, give City the ball and look for counter attacks. That is actually what we are built for but it is forgotten because 90% of our opponents are so weak.

Good god, will you give it a rest
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #61: Oct 02, 2021 09:30:29 pm

F**k up
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #62: Oct 02, 2021 11:05:55 pm
      In the 90s I didn’t mind city. Kinkladze and that German keeper (who’s name escapes me). Even Niall Quinn. They were pretty harmless back then.

Then the money came long and I found them a bit like Chelsea. No real purpose but at least united might not win the league.

Nowadays I dislike them. Not real rivalry like it is with united and Everton. But more like how you feel after stepping in dog sh*t. It just winds me up.

The game on Sunday could be any score imaginable. 0-0. 2-2. 3-1. 6-1. 0-2......
      It’s difficult to call. I think both teams will create so it’ll be which team doesn’t waste their chances.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #63: Oct 03, 2021 04:35:30 am
      2-1  come on mighty Reds  :scarf:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #64: Oct 03, 2021 06:43:11 am

F**k OFF - more appropriate !!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #65: Oct 03, 2021 07:04:50 am
      In the 90s I didn’t mind city. Kinkladze and that German keeper (who’s name escapes me). Even Niall Quinn. They were pretty harmless back then.

Then the money came long and I found them a bit like Chelsea. No real purpose but at least united might not win the league.

Nowadays I dislike them. Not real rivalry like it is with united and Everton. But more like how you feel after stepping in dog sh*t. It just winds me up.

The game on Sunday could be any score imaginable. 0-0. 2-2. 3-1. 6-1. 0-2......
      It’s difficult to call. I think both teams will create so it’ll be which team doesn’t waste their chances.

I get where you’re coming from mate, I’m kinda the same although I do go back further than the 90’s, more likely late 70’s & 80’s, in all those years when we played them, I’ve never felt Citeh were a threat , a bit like when we play Norwich now, but I guess we could say that against most teams especially in the golden years,
      Like you I don’t regard them in the same category as Mancs or Blueshite in the rivalry stakes, but of course that’s what the media want it to become, but i can’t and won’t buy into that simply because club’s that buy their way to success like Chavs & City have will never have the respect of those who have built rather than bought,

I hate the Mancs like the rest of us but I do still hold a modicum of respect because they initially would build rather than buy back in the day it’s different now of course but still, it is only a modicum, as for Blueshite, well, I don’t think we need to worry too much about them do we ?

Y  N  W  A
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #66: Oct 03, 2021 10:33:17 am
      They've added the bus to their poster 😂

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1444574489635958785?s=19

RIP♥️

#NeverForget
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #67: Oct 03, 2021 10:39:50 am
      Pep still banging on about the coach incident from 2018  :lmao:

As appalling as that was, it is pathetic for him to still complain about it today as if it always happens. He's clearly afraid of this fixture. He knows we are on form right now!
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #68: Oct 03, 2021 01:07:15 pm
      I'd like to see Joe at RB to use his pace to defend more so then attacking. Jones to keep his place in midfield and Bobby off the bench around 65/70 min if needed.

Quick Reply