Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      88 (94.6%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Oct 07, 2021 06:24:40 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23250 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,456 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #828: Oct 05, 2021 11:37:15 am
      Milner was lucky not to get booked, but these things happen every week in football matches all of the world at every level for every team.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #829: Oct 05, 2021 12:10:39 pm
      You haven’t answered my original question yet it’s irrelevant where I live it doesn’t mean I support my team less if I’m outside of Liverpool. Perfectly aware  of the magnitude of the occasion and this being the biggest fixture of the round. It does still not address why the same incident by a City player isn’t even mentioned by the media. Very rich of you to be scrutinizing this particular decision when Pogba should have seen a straight red against Wolves yet nothing happened and your lot went on to score. I’m sure your rose tinted glasses were firmly affixed.

Was the original question when a similar incedent happen with a city player? If it was I don't know what ref watch said as I didn't watch it all. Not for a second saying because I don't think you live in England you don't support your team any less than someone who lives outside the ground, that would be silly.

I would always scrutinise any decision if I thought it was wrong and not just because it's Liverpool, granted because of the rivalry we always look into it in more dept. More than happy to give a opinion on the city incerdent if anyone can post a clip of it.

One thing I don't do ( like many do on here ) is wear rose tints. Trust me a spades a spade in that department.   

Ps.. Quite a few Liverpool fans have already stated ( like myself ) that Milner was a very lucky boy which he was most certainly. It isn't out of place even for a manc to say he should of been sent off be it another yellow or red.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #830: Oct 05, 2021 12:35:57 pm
      Was the original question when a similar incedent happen with a city player? If it was I don't know what ref watch said as I didn't watch it all. Not for a second saying because I don't think you live in England you don't support your team any less than someone who lives outside the ground, that would be silly.

I would always scrutinise any decision if I thought it was wrong and not just because it's Liverpool, granted because of the rivalry we always look into it in more dept. More than happy to give a opinion on the city incerdent if anyone can post a clip of it.

One thing I don't do ( like many do on here ) is wear rose tints. Trust me a spades a spade in that department.   

Ps.. Quite a few Liverpool fans have already stated ( like myself ) that Milner was a very lucky boy which he was most certainly. It isn't out of place even for a manc to say he should of been sent off be it another yellow or red.

Not going to bother digging up the clip for you plenty flying on social media if the Silva tackle. Haha you say you don’t wear rose tinted glasses yet completely ignore to comment on the Pogba vs Wolves incident.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #831: Oct 05, 2021 01:22:47 pm
      Not going to bother digging up the clip for you plenty flying on social media if the Silva tackle. Haha you say you don’t wear rose tinted glasses yet completely ignore to comment on the Pogba vs Wolves incident.

Just point me right direction and I'll look myself. Didn't mention  Pogba because it was totally off topic. However, I'll more than welcome comment now. He was a very lucky boy just as Milner was. If that's wearing rose tints not much else I can say.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #832: Oct 05, 2021 01:54:50 pm
      I seem to recall that Henderson shoved the player and the foul was called for that. Therefore the Milner incident was irrelevant.
      Just like when VVD was crippled by an assault which was deemed irrelevant because there was an offside incident 2 seconds earlier.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #833: Oct 05, 2021 01:55:25 pm

Don’t get my hopes up…..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #834: Oct 05, 2021 02:01:37 pm
      Don’t get my hopes up…..

You posted your £20 to charity  :f_whistle:
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #835: Oct 05, 2021 05:42:33 pm
      Millie got away with one on Sunday no doubt about it. You can bet your mortgage that another ref later in the season will make sure he doesn't get away with it and send him off.  Then the tossers on Sky can regurgitate Sunday's incidents and look all smug that they helped get Millie sent off.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #836: Oct 05, 2021 08:44:07 pm

Are you saying Milner didn't kick the Ball? He clearly knocked it away from Silva!
      rossyred

• 9,095 posts | 1635 
      Reply #837: Oct 05, 2021 09:07:23 pm
      Are you saying Milner didn't kick the Ball? He clearly knocked it away from Silva!

He really didn't
      rossyred

• 9,095 posts | 1635 
      Reply #838: Oct 05, 2021 09:11:42 pm
      I'm not even getting into it if you think he touched the ball fair play to you
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #839: Oct 05, 2021 09:16:45 pm
      I'm not even getting into it if you think he touched the ball fair play to you

Actually you're right, the rat knocked it to the side, and it looked like Milner touched it, but it really looks like Milner had directed the ball.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #840: Oct 06, 2021 12:38:45 pm
      Actually you're right, the rat knocked it to the side, and it looked like Milner touched it, but it really looks like Milner had directed the ball.
      Time for a lie-down, Orchard  ;D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #841: Oct 07, 2021 08:39:10 pm
      Quote from GERNS
      I seem to recall that Henderson shoved the player and the foul was called for that. Therefore the Milner incident was irrelevant.
      Just like when VVD was crippled by an assault which was deemed irrelevant because there was an offside incident 2 seconds earlier.

If the foul was given against Milner, a yellow would have been given. It wasn't given against him, therefore the yellow wasn't given. It's not rocket science.

What is crazy is mancs allowed to turn up here to tell us what to do again. In this case it's ordering our American fans to watch Ref Watch at (what is to them) 6.30am on a Monday morning. Firstly they don't know what it is, secondly they have no access to it anyway, and thirdly regarding the old betting orders, they will never spend a pound note on anything where they are either.
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2021 02:28:00 pm by lfc across the water »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #842: Nov 09, 2021 05:03:16 pm
      Report into the alleged spitting incident of home supporters gobbing on the City bench, has found the accusations made by the City bench unfounded.

Quick Reply