Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      88 (94.6%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Oct 07, 2021 06:24:40 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23934 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Oct 03, 2021 08:56:10 pm
      Looking back at the Fab chance again. Even the slightest bit of elevation to the strike would’ve been enough. Gutting. They got away with the line clearance a few years ago and now this one.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #714: Oct 03, 2021 08:58:20 pm
      Looking back at the Fab chance again. Even the slightest bit of elevation to the strike would’ve been enough. Gutting. They got away with the line clearance a few years ago and now this one.
      We got away with Mahrez and DeBruyne missing penalties too so it's not like we didn't have our share of luck as well.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #715: Oct 03, 2021 09:03:26 pm
      One final thought about this game. As much as I love Milly, today we missed TAA. A lot of people will point out that TAA is not the best RB defensively speaking which might be true but what is also true is that with TAA in the team Foden does not creep as high (or at least not as constantly) as he was creeping all game long on that right hand side and Cancelo also isn't as focused on Mo as he was all game (not that Mo made him look good or anything but still).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #716: Oct 03, 2021 09:11:30 pm
      His assist to mane was quality but I can’t wait to see his goal again because I reckon it’s goal of the season already.

You're in for a treat mate.

I've called it the best goal I've ever seen and I know probably still high from the excitement of it tonight but I can't remember going as mad for a goal in along time.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,127 posts | 83 
      Reply #717: Oct 03, 2021 09:16:59 pm
      This feels like a win because Chelsea lost to City and we drew. We are in a rough stretch while City is flying. I am happy.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #718: Oct 03, 2021 09:20:28 pm
      Not long home , you could feel the nerves around the crowd - first half wasn’t great , think Bobby should have played. Second half was a different story , Milner a lucky boy , Jusr seen Salah goal - wow but have to say Foden is one special player as well
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #719: Oct 03, 2021 09:31:45 pm
      This feels like a win because Chelsea lost to City and we drew. We are in a rough stretch while City is flying. I am happy.
      We are in a rough stretch?  :o Thought we just battered Porto and leading the league until this draw with City.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #720: Oct 03, 2021 09:33:36 pm
      We are in a rough stretch?  :o Thought we just battered Porto and leading the league until this draw with City.

The mind boggles.

Unbeaten in all Comps and a point from the top of the league while top of what looks like a tough CL group.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,767 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #721: Oct 03, 2021 09:43:35 pm
      Soft as F**k in that first half.

Came out a different side in the 2nd and my God were those 2 goals glorious. Such a pity that Mo's goal wasn't the winner and these cu*ts get a jammy deflection when Ali was clearly gonna save De Bruyne's shot.

Then Fab taking the extra touch....fucks sake...even dink it over his sliding leg into an open net but he just hit it straight at him!

Still can't believe Jürgen didn't get Milner off at HT and Gomez on. We ain't conceding 2 if he just made that change earlier. It was as plain as day that's what needed to happen at HT and when we came back out with no changes, I was sat there stunned.

2 standout moments for me, obviously Salah's goal (out of this world, done that to the Spuds as well) but what made me smile so much was the hug Sadio and Mo shared after Sadio's goal. That was full of passion and love.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #722: Oct 03, 2021 10:01:25 pm
      You're in for a treat mate.

I've called it the best goal I've ever seen and I know probably still high from the excitement of it tonight but I can't remember going as mad for a goal in along time.

He had a very similar goal against Spurs a year or 2 ago.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #723: Oct 03, 2021 10:02:23 pm

Yea but for some reason this just seemed even better.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #724: Oct 03, 2021 10:06:14 pm

And that ended 2-2, unbelievable how these goals didn’t make it as the winning goal.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #725: Oct 03, 2021 10:09:20 pm
      One final thought about this game. As much as I love Milly, today we missed TAA. A lot of people will point out that TAA is not the best RB defensively speaking which might be true but what is also true is that with TAA in the team Foden does not creep as high (or at least not as constantly) as he was creeping all game long on that right hand side and Cancelo also isn't as focused on Mo as he was all game (not that Mo made him look good or anything but still).

Think the RB cover is probably the biggest issue in the squad at the moment. Gomez isn't comfortable out there and whilst Milner can do a job against some teams, players like Foden will likely get the better of him and he can't really do the job 3 times a week for a few weeks if Trent has a long term injury.

As it looks like Neco hasn't developed quite as we'd have liked, I think we should have tried to move him on and signed someone in the Tsimikas price range to cover Trent.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,027 posts | 529 
      Reply #726: Oct 03, 2021 10:17:33 pm
      Think the RB cover is probably the biggest issue in the squad at the moment. Gomez isn't comfortable out there and whilst Milner can do a job against some teams, players like Foden will likely get the better of him and he can't really do the job 3 times a week for a few weeks if Trent has a long term injury.

As it looks like Neco hasn't developed quite as we'd have liked, I think we should have tried to move him on and signed someone in the Tsimikas price range to cover Trent.

Yeah was saying in the summer this was my one real area of concern, that if Trent gets injured we have an issue (think I might have said LB as well, but Tsimikas has stepped up on that side). That said, I think Milner and Gomez can both do a job at RB, we are not absolutely desperate. But we could really do with a genuine RB as cover.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #727: Oct 03, 2021 10:35:00 pm
      The more I think about it the more impressed i am with this Liverpool team and result.

Our most creative player injured, with someone nearly 36 deputising. Plus our most creative midfielder injured.

Yet we turn up and give them a proper game!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #728: Oct 03, 2021 10:35:51 pm
      B Silva, I have to say just ran the show
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #729: Oct 03, 2021 10:38:47 pm

If it were down to me I’d be going after Lamptey @ Brighton in January, he’s just returning from injury and I think once fit Pottter will have him back as a regular, the lad is absolute quality and he would give Trent healthy competition for that position, for me he’d be a brilliant addition and a major coup if he were to arrive here, there will be a plethora of clubs lining up for his signature before long, so I’d make him my primary target come the new year.

Y  N  W  A
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #730: Oct 03, 2021 10:42:01 pm
      el_batez celebrating there on MOTD for the first goal!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #731: Oct 03, 2021 10:47:33 pm
      B Silva, I have to say just ran the show

He was allowed
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #732: Oct 03, 2021 10:48:22 pm
      el_batez celebrating there on MOTD for the first goal!

How did you spot that 😂
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,127 posts | 83 
      Reply #733: Oct 03, 2021 10:53:00 pm

I meant PL with our draw at Brentford and the unlucky draw to Chelsea. We are stuttering a bit in the PL while City is flying. That makes this draw a good one. And again, Chelsea lost to City, so we gained a (virtual) point here.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #734: Oct 03, 2021 10:53:36 pm

Think he's got a contract with the BBC to appear 5 times a season!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #735: Oct 03, 2021 10:56:23 pm
      F**k, watching MOTD2, how the F**k did Fabs miss that chance! That was the winner right there!!!

Quick Reply