Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      88 (94.6%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Oct 07, 2021 06:24:40 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23202 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Oct 04, 2021 09:04:23 am
      Gave Mo man of the match for obvious reasons but huge credit to Ali, who kept us in it first half. Matip I thought played well apart from some silly long ball out attempts. And Sadio looks like hes getting back to himself
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #760: Oct 04, 2021 09:22:56 am
      Great game, we were sloppy 1st half, klopp described what happened perfectly.

Brillaint 2nd half though.

We Mo again, what a player.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #761: Oct 04, 2021 09:42:12 am
      Milner got the ball before the player fell over him. Not a yellow the way I saw it.

I assumed it was because the ref had already blown for a foul by Henderson?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #762: Oct 04, 2021 09:47:29 am
      Obviously a opinion based on having your rose tinted glasses on. I'll let Refs watch at 11.30 am today to decide which one of us is right.  ;D

I'll have you a £20 charity bet who's right if you want? Ref watch decide who's right. We on?

Rose tinted nothing Keith that was a tackle I’ve seen many times at your yard and the players stayed on the field, as well of course as many other decisions given by affected referees.

Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #763: Oct 04, 2021 09:48:11 am
      Very disappointed with Curtis. He let De Bruyne get away much too much. and otherwise had a very quiet game. We were screaming for either Kita or Thiago to come on in his place. And Joe certainly should have replaced Milner at half time. But what a great game of football.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #764: Oct 04, 2021 09:48:54 am
      I assumed it was because the ref had already blown for a foul by Henderson?

I think it was something to do with that too.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #765: Oct 04, 2021 09:51:24 am
      Very disappointed with Curtis. He let De Bruyne get away much too much. and otherwise had a very quiet game. We were screaming for either Kita or Thiago to come on in his place. And Joe certainly should have replaced Milner at half time. But what a great game of football.

The more I think about it, there were so many times KDB was basically on his own in the middle of the park, but that’s city, they’re so good at breaking a press.

I keep going on about it but Silva was next level, kind of like Wijnaldum against barca a couple of years back. Just swivels and gets away from 3/4 players every time. I was so impressed with him. The best player on the pitch after Salah.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #766: Oct 04, 2021 10:13:27 am
      You've gone quiet FL Red  ;D You've got 3 hours before Ref watch starts. Looks like I've caught you napping.   ;)

I don’t know what you are talking about ref watch? Either way I don’t need someone else to tell me what I saw with my one eyes. He gets the ball, the man falls over him. Not sure how that’s a yellow card, it wasn’t dangerous play. Jesus also committed about 28 fouls and never saw a yellow. Doesn’t matter now anyway. I think what this game showed is it’s a two horse race for the title. United aren’t in it and Chelsea won’t be after Christmas, mark my words.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #767: Oct 04, 2021 10:37:50 am
      I don’t know what you are talking about ref watch? Either way I don’t need someone else to tell me what I saw with my one eyes. He gets the ball, the man falls over him. Not sure how that’s a yellow card, it wasn’t dangerous play. Jesus also committed about 28 fouls and never saw a yellow. Doesn’t matter now anyway. I think what this game showed is it’s a two horse race for the title. United aren’t in it and Chelsea won’t be after Christmas, mark my words.

Don't rule out the Chavs. They're European champs and don't concede. They're very happy to score one without conceding and are blowing away the lesser opposition. Tuchel has done an amazing job turning them around.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #768: Oct 04, 2021 10:44:08 am

Thiago is out for a couple of games.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #769: Oct 04, 2021 11:00:03 am
      You've gone quiet FL Red  ;D You've got 3 hours before Ref watch starts. Looks like I've caught you napping.   ;)

Will ref watch also review and decide on Silva’s tackle in the 85th minute on Salah? Already booked as much intent and malice as Milly yet nobody bats an eyelid.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #770: Oct 04, 2021 11:02:16 am
      They've made an official complaint that one of our fans spat at their backroom staff!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

How the F**k is that funny? It’s feral and embarrassing in my eyes I hope whoever it is gets a life ban. Imagine thinking it’s ok to spit it another human being nevertheless in middle of a F***ing pandemic. Total piece of sh*t whoever it was.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #771: Oct 04, 2021 11:03:13 am

No where near the ball think you need to watch it again . Whether it is a booking or not we can debate but he was no where near getting the ball
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #772: Oct 04, 2021 11:23:10 am
      In case anyone is interested in Jürgen's breakdown on the tactical difference between the two halves. It's worth the two minutes if you want to listen and learn something.

https://twitter.com/DistanceCovered/status/1444733094968299520?s=20
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #773: Oct 04, 2021 11:24:21 am
      Thiago is out for a couple of games.

Exactly.

I was gonna say Thiago wasn't even on the bench cos he is still injured. L O L
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #774: Oct 04, 2021 12:21:08 pm
      Missed Gini…
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #775: Oct 04, 2021 12:22:33 pm
      Rose tinted nothing Keith that was a tackle I’ve seen many times at your yard and the players stayed on the field, as well of course as many other decisions given by affected referees.

Your blind sided stuey, it's a foul all day. Just watched ref watch and been confirmed it was indeed a foul. FL Red when missing to avoid losing £20 charity bet.  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #776: Oct 04, 2021 12:27:04 pm
      I don’t know what you are talking about ref watch? Either way I don’t need someone else to tell me what I saw with my one eyes.

Of course you do if you have those rose tinted glasses on which you clearly do.  Your passion for your team is very much cloudy when it's very clear what Milner did.

PS... Sky sports news do what they call a ref watch every Monday at 11.30am discussing the rights and wrongs over refs decisions over the weekend.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #777: Oct 04, 2021 12:30:18 pm
      In case anyone is interested in Jürgen's breakdown on the tactical difference between the two halves. It's worth the two minutes if you want to listen and learn something.

The way he talks about tactics is phenomenal - how lucky are we to have this guy pulling the strings? Our best ever signing!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #778: Oct 04, 2021 12:37:30 pm
      Your blind sided stuey, it's a foul all day. Just watched ref watch and been confirmed it was indeed a foul. FL Red when missing to avoid losing £20 charity bet.  :D

Like I said seen more questionable decisions at your yard mate with the ref being mobbed.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #779: Oct 04, 2021 12:40:50 pm
      Like I said seen more questionable decisions at your yard mate with the ref being mobbed.

I don't dispute it  mate, happens across the leagues all the time.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #780: Oct 04, 2021 12:41:59 pm

Rafa did similar, telling the Prem how to beat United, didn’t go down too well with Fergie..😂
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #781: Oct 04, 2021 12:48:44 pm
      Rafa did similar, telling the Prem how to beat United, didn’t go down too well with Fergie..😂

I remember that.

Didn't seem to help much.

Quick Reply