Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      88 (94.6%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Oct 07, 2021 06:24:40 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23217 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #805: Oct 04, 2021 04:49:48 pm
      I see the media are still reporting on how lucky Milner was to not receive a 2nd Yellow because Pep threw his toys out of the pram and raged so much, even after the match had ended.

Yet, no one seems to have made a fuss about Bernardo Silva who was also on a Yellow like Milner, and who also made a foul late on. Free kick was awarded, but no 2nd Yellow. No talking point there.  :roll:

Commentators were an absolute joke. So bias towards City throughout the game. Apparently, Mane's goal was just a counter attack (nope, we just played it out from the back), and Salah's goal came 'out of no where' (not like we'd already gone ahead once, and were as much in the game at 1-1 as City).

Too right never noticed Silva until MOM 2 got a card then when it was 2-2 I think it was Hendo was tripped by Silva and you could tell by his face he thought he was off same as Millne, but blow me down how it wasn't picked up by our totally unbiased press, whatch it if you can, didn't even speack about it after the game, BBC MY ARSE
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #806: Oct 04, 2021 04:56:07 pm
      :-[It was a terrible game, and once again a lucky draw! We are still having the same old problems from three seasons ago, selected players underperforming, while other good players sitting on the bench. I don't think Klopp's team can beat any of the top five teams this season, lose or draw! At least, Klopp has found a new play-maker in the clumsy Matip!! The team was playing with 10- men since the withdrawal of Jota. The dud Firmno was a zero contribution losing or giving away the balls every time.  Missing Thiago badly, Minamino ought to be given a chance too. Why playing players out of position? a weird decision from a very weird manager! Milner is an old player, and he did his best to fill in that position, but we have Nico Williams a right-back who plays well there for Wales, the same applies for Robbo, Tsimikas is a far better player by a mile! Ask the Weirdo Klopp!

The best players were; Jones, Salah, Henderson, Fabinho.

The worse players were; Matip, Milner, Robbo, the Dud, and Mane

Good Luck Lads.

How this dickhead is still here is beyond me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #807: Oct 04, 2021 05:00:53 pm
      Of course you do if you have those rose tinted glasses on which you clearly do.  Your passion for your team is very much cloudy when it's very clear what Milner did.

PS... Sky sports news do what they call a ref watch every Monday at 11.30am discussing the rights and wrongs over refs decisions over the weekend.

It was a yellow card, 100%, and can't really argue otherwise. Lucky to get away with that one.

As for Silva's one I honestly don't recall it but what I did enjoy was how mental Pep went when Milly got away with his. ;D

Shades of the "twice" outburst from a while back.

It think we really do mess with his head.
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2021 05:40:07 pm by srslfc »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #808: Oct 04, 2021 05:01:33 pm
      One of the best games that you could watch as a neutral. For us Reds fans a bit disappointing that we could not find a winner.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #809: Oct 04, 2021 05:34:05 pm
      I see the media are still reporting on how lucky Milner was to not receive a 2nd Yellow because Pep threw his toys out of the pram and raged so much, even after the match had ended.

Yet, no one seems to have made a fuss about Bernardo Silva who was also on a Yellow like Milner, and who also made a foul late on. Free kick was awarded, but no 2nd Yellow. No talking point there.  :roll:

Commentators were an absolute joke. So bias towards City throughout the game. Apparently, Mane's goal was just a counter attack (nope, we just played it out from the back), and Salah's goal came 'out of no where' (not like we'd already gone ahead once, and were as much in the game at 1-1 as City).

Milner was very lucky to not get a second yellow card - he should have been sent off

Silva -  no idea about his foul but not every foul means a yellow card

mane goal - it was a quick break ,

We very much got a home ref and the rub of the green - they also prob should have got a penalty as well with Milner bringing down Foden

And in regards Foden - what a player he is
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #810: Oct 04, 2021 05:43:20 pm
      Milner was very lucky to not get a second yellow card - he should have been sent off

We very much got a home ref and the rub of the green - they also prob should have got a penalty as well with Milner bringing down Foden

Replays showed the foul on Foden was outside the box, though.

Milner completely deserved a yellow and was indeed the luckiest break of the game since we would have had to go 15-20+ minutes down a man. Forget the time it happened but i'm pretty sure at least 1 of our goals was after he would have been sent off. The last time i remember us playing down a man against City was when Mane got a red for kicking Ederson in the chest when he came out of the box to play the ball, and they carved us wide open in that game after the red.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #811: Oct 04, 2021 05:44:21 pm

Milner completely deserved a yellow and was indeed the luckiest break of the game since we would have had to go 15-20+ minutes down a man. Forget the time it happened but i'm pretty sure at least 1 of our goals was after he would have been sent off. The last time i remember us playing down a man against City was when Mane got a red for kicking Ederson in the chest when he came out of the box to play the ball, and they carved us wide open in that game after the red.

The foul started outside and was also a touch inside - either way it’s a penalty or a red card
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #812: Oct 04, 2021 06:51:02 pm
      The foul started outside and was also a touch inside - either way it’s a penalty or a red card

Nah that rat Foden went down too easily, hence why he tried to stay on his feet after realising he dived.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #813: Oct 04, 2021 07:20:00 pm
      For all that is said about Milner Silva should have had a second yellow but no mention from the slightly biased Manchester press
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #814: Oct 04, 2021 07:39:44 pm
      Quote from CT_LFC

Milner completely deserved a yellow and was indeed the luckiest break of the game since we would have had to go 15-20+ minutes down a man. Forget the time it happened but i'm pretty sure at least 1 of our goals was after he would have been sent off.

The incident was at 1-1. I'm still convinced the initial foul was given for the push by Henderson. It's good that nothing more was given though. VAR can't intervene, as a spectacle the game would have been destroyed if another yellow was given to Milner, and it definitely wouldn't have finished 2-2 that's for sure. The quality and entertainment value of these games sinks once a red card is shown.

The contact in the first half was outside the penalty area only. As it's not serious foul play nor dogso, it's not a straight red card either. They have escaped red cards against us in years gone by, or indeed against other teams this season, or even in the same week. So they should remember that before they howl at the moon over this.

All the talk should be focused on the world class goal by Salah, instead of a yellow card not given. We haven't had a player sent off since November 2019.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #815: Oct 04, 2021 07:58:51 pm
      Nah that rat Foden went down too easily, hence why he tried to stay on his feet after realising he dived.

I think it was more his momentum made him fall.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #816: Oct 04, 2021 08:00:31 pm
      For all that is said about Milner Silva should have had a second yellow but no mention from the slightly biased Manchester press

Not surprising though is it. Remember in our title winning year, on the build up to Fab’s opening goal the ball hit Trent on the arm, Pep, the City players and their fans still harp on about it to this day whilst completely ignoring the fact that it ended up hitting Trent on the arm because it was deflected into that direction off of Bernardo Silva’s arm.

They also got given a ridiculous penalty in the same game I think it was for a hand ball by Gomez.

They will twist the narratives and make it suit them regardless of what else happens.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #817: Oct 04, 2021 08:37:04 pm
      Great second half we have been missing chances lately but not yesterday, the midfield was poor and we lost one of our back four and it showed
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #818: Oct 04, 2021 11:55:32 pm
      I watched those goals again and again yesterday. Both ours were fanfuckingtastic. Mo wow, just fkn wow!!!

But watching their goals, Fab and Curtis run into each other and that left Silva to play that pass to the Rat Roeden with James no where near him? FFS!!! How do 2 players not take that ball off Silva?

As for the second, convinced Ali would have saved that. Have no idea why Joel turned his body that way, deflecting it in? Thought to myself, would it not have been more natural in that situation, to be turning the other way, thus deflecting it wide?

2 goals they should never have got!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #819: Oct 05, 2021 01:47:58 am
      I don't know, first on the agenda with sky was Milners tackle, was it or wasn't it a booking. I'll watch the repeat later if I'm in and see what's said, that's if nobody else post that's already seen it.

You’ve just said it all when it comes to LFC in the first sentence …agenda and Sky sports. Enough said.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #820: Oct 05, 2021 03:16:44 am
      You’ve just said it all when it comes to LFC in the first sentence …agenda and Sky sports. Enough said.

Well it was the biggest incedent of the weekend by a mile so why wouldn't it be? As one of the biggest clubs in the world you'll always atract attention, that's just a fact of life.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #821: Oct 05, 2021 04:09:50 am
      I watched those goals again and again yesterday. Both ours were fanfuckingtastic. Mo wow, just fkn wow!!!

But watching their goals, Fab and Curtis run into each other and that left Silva to play that pass to the Rat Roeden with James no where near him? FFS!!! How do 2 players not take that ball off Silva?

As for the second, convinced Ali would have saved that. Have no idea why Joel turned his body that way, deflecting it in? Thought to myself, would it not have been more natural in that situation, to be turning the other way, thus deflecting it wide?

2 goals they should never have got!

Agree Ali would have had it if Joel hadn't touched it. It's easy to look at slow motion and think Joel should have left it. These things don't happen in slow motion and if it's an inch different and Joel heads it clear, we think, "what solid, brave defending from Matip."

Short of it is there were a lot of ifs in this match and in the end, it was pretty spectacular theatre. We're going to be in the thick of a title race for the rest of the season. A lot of twists and turns to come so strap in and keep your nitro and antacid tablets (or reefer for you Oz) within reach.

Oh and since we're so obsessed with following this wonderful club, we may as well try TO ENJOY IT on some level along the way. Just a thought.  ;D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #822: Oct 05, 2021 05:55:48 am
      Wrong. It was a terrible first half.
      First half we were lucky to be level but a game isn’t won or lost in the first half. The 2nd half we were much better than the 1st, took the lead twice, their 2nd goal was a big deflection off our own player and then a last ditch, goal saving block in the final minutes so I’d say they were lucky to draw.

As for the rest of your post, didn’t even bother reading it after that first line of crap.

It high time that troll got the boot!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #823: Oct 05, 2021 07:20:43 am
      Well it was the biggest incedent of the weekend by a mile so why wouldn't it be? As one of the biggest clubs in the world you'll always atract attention, that's just a fact of life.

Why was it the biggest incident? Because people with an agenda chose to highlight it and present it as such. Same offense with same consequences from a City player doesn’t even get a mention.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #824: Oct 05, 2021 09:15:08 am
      Why was it the biggest incident? Because people with an agenda chose to highlight it and present it as such. Same offense with same consequences from a City player doesn’t even get a mention.

You may see it differently because you live in Aussie land don't you? Over here we always go OTT as that's what the media does. The fact it was the biggest/best game to watch over the weekend will always draw in more focus on the game. Let's be honest it could of been a game changer if the rift decision had been made.

Pretty sure if ref saw the action again on VAR which obviously not allowed ( lucky you  :f_tongueincheek: ) it's a certain card be it yellow or red. We know these are game changers of the biggest order. Honestly don't thing it's a agenda by the media (( can't believe I said that coz hate the cnuts ))  it was just the most highlighted game of the weekend and understandable so.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #825: Oct 05, 2021 11:08:07 am
      You may see it differently because you live in Aussie land don't you? Over here we always go OTT as that's what the media does. The fact it was the biggest/best game to watch over the weekend will always draw in more focus on the game. Let's be honest it could of been a game changer if the rift decision had been made.

Pretty sure if ref saw the action again on VAR which obviously not allowed ( lucky you  :f_tongueincheek: ) it's a certain card be it yellow or red. We know these are game changers of the biggest order. Honestly don't thing it's a agenda by the media (( can't believe I said that coz hate the cnuts ))  it was just the most highlighted game of the weekend and understandable so.

You haven’t answered my original question yet it’s irrelevant where I live it doesn’t mean I support my team less if I’m outside of Liverpool. Perfectly aware  of the magnitude of the occasion and this being the biggest fixture of the round. It does still not address why the same incident by a City player isn’t even mentioned by the media. Very rich of you to be scrutinizing this particular decision when Pogba should have seen a straight red against Wolves yet nothing happened and your lot went on to score. I’m sure your rose tinted glasses were firmly affixed.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #826: Oct 05, 2021 11:13:54 am
      No Keith, the Brown1 who clearly is not a Liverpool fan, but attempts (poorly) to masquerade as one.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #827: Oct 05, 2021 11:15:39 am

I was at the match and pretty much agree with all the above

Quick Reply