Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Newcastle Utd thread.

Read 42510 times
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: Newcastle take over complete
      Reply #23: Oct 08, 2021 11:55:19 am
      I'll be equally happy when the Taliban buy us for £3Bn, give us £500M for transfers every window, and suicide bomb key-players from any team above as at any point in the season.

All hail the Premier League, keeping noses in troughs for going on 30 years.

#footballisdead

#jumpersforgoalposts
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #24: Oct 08, 2021 12:40:12 pm
      Doesn’t matter who they buy and how much they spend. They still have to put 11 guys out there every week to win a game of football. Nothing is guaranteed or given there’s still the tactics the strategy and execution that needs to come together every week.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #25: Oct 08, 2021 12:49:32 pm
      The Saudi ruler, otherwise known as MBS, is very liberal. His country is liberal compared to what it previously was.

In his time he has integrated women in to working, driving and holding high positions within the workforce. He has opened cinemas, concerts and tourism. The likes of Mariah Carey, Lil Wayne + more have performed there.

He has opened the city of Madinah to non muslims which was closed off for 1,400+ years.

He sanctioned the killing of Khashoggi, which was disguting, but he wasn't the first or the last leader to covertly order the killing of one of his opposing nationals without trial. Many governements are guilty of this, including our own.

He is not anti-gay but the society he rules aren't ready to accept gays openly in their society. Should he force it against the majority will of his people? Btw gays are not killed in Saudi Arabia, that's a myth.

Abramovic funds internationally illegal Zionist settlements in the West Bank, don't see anyone crying about that. Donated £100m to them so far.

I dislike MBS a lot, more so for the war in Yemen (we sold him the arms and backed his war) but I won't be a hypocrite and call out only him because he dresses different to us.

Btw Man Citys owner is far worse when it comes to human rights. Go check out Mohammed Bin Zayed (Mansours brother).
      LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #26: Oct 08, 2021 02:29:32 pm
      its disgusting..  football is truly dead.. had a sick feeling  since this takeover offically went through.. i don't even wanna look at a football match right noww.. it feels dirty and wrong.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27: Oct 08, 2021 03:04:53 pm
      In his time he has integrated women in to working, driving and holding high positions within the workforce. He has opened cinemas, concerts and tourism. The likes of Mariah Carey, Lil Wayne + more have performed there.

He has opened the city of Madinah to non muslims which was closed off for 1,400+ years.

He sanctioned the killing of Khashoggi, which was disguting, but he wasn't the first or the last leader to covertly order the killing of one of his opposing nationals without trial. Many governements are guilty of this, including our own.

Sorry but sanctioning a killing of a journalist trumps getting Mariah Carey to belt out a few ballads.

If they have sanctioned the killing of anybody, then they should be kept well away from having any involvement.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #28: Oct 08, 2021 03:18:43 pm
      Sorry but sanctioning a killing of a journalist trumps getting Mariah Carey to belt out a few ballads.

If they have sanctioned the killing of anybody, then they should be kept well away from having any involvement.

I was shocked by that comment too
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #29: Oct 08, 2021 03:19:04 pm
      Doesn’t matter who they buy and how much they spend. They still have to put 11 guys out there every week to win a game of football. Nothing is guaranteed or given there’s still the tactics the strategy and execution that needs to come together every week.

Main thing is they don't go down though.  :D
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #30: Oct 08, 2021 03:22:34 pm

I agree but he's not the only one to sanction the killing of journalists. The rule must be for all.

Our own JWH owns the Boston Globe who pushed for Biden to win the most recent election. Biden then sanctioned for a drone attack which killed an aid worker, his two brothers and four daughters/nieces.

If we're going to start digging a moral pit let's start at home.

I hate MBS but I hate all of his likes.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31: Oct 08, 2021 03:47:11 pm
      I'm glad I'm not in the minority when it comes to losing a little love for football. I love Liverpool and always will, but either I am changing or the game is. Both I suspect.

I am happy for the Geordies, even though they'll now be insufferable, that's expected though.  ;D

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #32: Oct 08, 2021 03:48:34 pm
      I agree but he's not the only one to sanction the killing of journalists. The rule must be for all.

Our own JWH owns the Boston Globe who pushed for Biden to win the most recent election. Biden then sanctioned for a drone attack which killed an aid worker, his two brothers and four daughters/nieces.

One is a head of government that most definitely knew about (and perhaps ordered) an execution. And probably more than one.
      The other owns a liberal journal.

Yes, it's definitely the same... How could we miss it?  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #33: Oct 08, 2021 04:41:31 pm
      Start a new league - the blood money Championship, Citeh, Chelsea and Newcastle the grisly contenders.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #34: Oct 08, 2021 04:42:23 pm
      This will upset the other leagues. When la liga, serie a and Bundesliga can't compete with premier league for players and wages.

That super league thingy can still happen.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #35: Oct 08, 2021 05:13:31 pm

One is a head of government that most definitely knew about (and perhaps ordered) an execution. And probably more than one.
      The other owns a liberal journal.

Yes, it's definitely the same... How could we miss it?  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Support is support.

If a British citizen shows support for ISIS they get arrested and thrown in prison, and rightly so.

When we show our support for someone we're also endorsing them and their actions.

Anyway, I won't bang my head against brick walls.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #36: Oct 08, 2021 05:16:49 pm
      Too much money involved in the game today, one way or another. I can understand why  supporters have become cynical of the sport. Football is losing touch with fans in general !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #37: Oct 08, 2021 05:20:51 pm

C'mon man....it's Mariah Carey!!!!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #38: Oct 08, 2021 05:23:17 pm
      Going to try and find an example of John Henry doing something like smoking a fag indoors and compare it somehow to bin Salman dismembering a journalist and then scream 'we can't exactly talk!'

Let's take internet whataboutery to whole new levels.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #39: Oct 08, 2021 05:28:12 pm

Oops - I spoke too soon. This takes whataboutery to whole new levels.

I mean...just look at the state of it. Holy Jesus Christ, it's beyond parody.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #40: Oct 08, 2021 05:42:25 pm

😂 hypocrisy is real. Enjoy your day fella.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #41: Oct 08, 2021 06:13:15 pm

Absolutely staggering really.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #42: Oct 08, 2021 06:43:17 pm

Indeed... dunce corner. Then again, I'm not surprised having read the other sh*t he posts on here.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #43: Oct 08, 2021 06:45:04 pm
      I don't like the Saudi gov't either...c*nts!

However......

Mariah Carey and Lil Wayne performed there  >:D :lmao: ???
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #44: Oct 08, 2021 06:45:51 pm
      +more  :lmao:
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #45: Oct 08, 2021 08:53:43 pm
      Unless fans want Chelsea, City and Newcastle to be the top three in rotating order every season for the next fifty years there has to be a strictly enforced salary cap. And by strict I mean automatic relegation if you break it. State owned clubs are destroying competetion.

Quick Reply