Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Newcastle Utd thread.

Read 42565 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Newcastle take over complete
      Reply #46: Oct 08, 2021 09:14:10 pm
      The FA (or whoever runs the Premier League) need to step in and sort this out.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #47: Oct 08, 2021 09:22:23 pm
      The FA (or whoever runs the Premier League) need to step in and sort this out.

Too late I'm afraid. The article states they passed the Premier League owners' and directors' test.
      That 'test' much be an absolute joke.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #48: Oct 08, 2021 09:54:17 pm
      I'll be equally happy when the Taliban buy us for £3Bn, give us £500M for transfers every window, and suicide bomb key-players from any team above as at any point in the season.

All hail the Premier League, keeping noses in troughs for going on 30 years.

#footballisdead

#jumpersforgoalposts

Pretty much. Taliban could buy us and the netspenders would quickly forget who they are the moment we spend 500M on players.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #49: Oct 09, 2021 05:13:59 am
      Be F***ing hilarious if they were relegated this season
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #50: Oct 09, 2021 05:15:07 am
      Pretty much. Taliban could buy us and the netspenders would quickly forget who they are the moment we spend 500M on players.

We could even dust off the old "Scaliban" banners from the G & H days  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #51: Oct 09, 2021 07:36:21 am
      Be f**king hilarious if they were relegated this season

Mate, would be the funniest thing to ever happen in Football, after us laughing at Barca that time they came to Anfield thinking they were already through  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #52: Oct 09, 2021 08:43:17 am
      Be f**king hilarious if they were relegated this season

No it won't, I lose plenty if they do  :couch:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #53: Oct 09, 2021 08:44:54 am
      Mate, would be the funniest thing to ever happen in Football, after us laughing at Barca that time they came to Anfield thinking they were already through  :lmao:

Cnut, thought you were a mate? Surly you don't want me to lose. Not sure I want you to answer that  :lmao:
      Don77

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #54: Oct 09, 2021 08:49:33 am
      Doesn’t matter who they buy and how much they spend. They still have to put 11 guys out there every week to win a game of football. Nothing is guaranteed or given there’s still the tactics the strategy and execution that needs to come together every week.

Yeah  ... thats what you probably said about psg, city, Chelsea blah blah blah.

Money buys trophies and if they can convince the elite to live in the lovely place that is the North East then the trophies will follow.

Fsg with their sell to buy and penny pinching ways must be rolling their eyes and thinking of getting out now. Once Jürgen goes we will be back to where we were pre his arrival as nobody will be able to work wonders with 13/14 players plus a few to make the numbers up like he has.

Football died long ago. The billionaires playground swarming with dirty money ruined it long go. Newcastle 's fans celebrating a human rights abusing country that murders diplomats taking over their club sums the game up for what it has become ... even that gets pushed aside and overlooked as long as they are chucking 100s of million on shiny new players and buying trophies. What a horrible game and industry its become.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #55: Oct 09, 2021 12:37:17 pm

Newcastle's Saudi-led takeover has met with fierce opposition from their top-flight rivals in the 24 hours since its completion.

Sportsmail understands there have even been attempts to stop the consortium bringing in a lucrative sponsor, but those involved have been told that is a futile pursuit.

We have also learned that the £305million deal — led by Saudi’s £700billion Public Investment Fund (PIF) — was strongly resisted throughout by Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham, who all lobbied the Premier League to deny the Saudis entry to the top flight. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10074359/Newcastles-Saudi-takeover-met-FURIOUS-response-Premier-League-rivals.html

😂😂😂😂

Bricking it...
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #56: Oct 09, 2021 01:07:59 pm
      Yeah  ... thats what you probably said about psg, city, Chelsea blah blah blah.

Money buys trophies and if they can convince the elite to live in the lovely place that is the North East then the trophies will follow.

Fsg with their sell to buy and penny pinching ways must be rolling their eyes and thinking of getting out now. Once Jürgen goes we will be back to where we were pre his arrival as nobody will be able to work wonders with 13/14 players plus a few to make the numbers up like he has.

Football died long ago. The billionaires playground swarming with dirty money ruined it long go. Newcastle 's fans celebrating a human rights abusing country that murders diplomats taking over their club sums the game up for what it has become ... even that gets pushed aside and overlooked as long as they are chucking 100s of million on shiny new players and buying trophies. What a horrible game and industry its become.

Shut up miserable c**t. How many champions
      Leagues have city and Paris between then. I remember you lad your little cock was throttling at giving our Jürgen the good old kick  when we were struggling January to March last season then you vanished when things picked up again. F**k off and support City lad
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #57: Oct 09, 2021 01:39:05 pm
      Shut up miserable c**t. How many champions
      Leagues have city and Paris between then. I remember you lad your little cock was throttling at giving our Jürgen the good old kick  when we were struggling January to March last season then you vanished when things picked up again. F**k off and support City lad

Bloody hell Dad.  ;D wouldn't want to upset you, if that's what you give a Liverpool supporter Fcuk knows what I'd get being a manc  :lmao: I do remember what he said  hence your outburst, that's defo calling a spade a spade though.  :D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #58: Oct 09, 2021 01:42:14 pm
      Bloody hell Dad.  ;D wouldn't want to upset you, if that's what you give a Liverpool supporter Fcuk knows what I'd get being a manc  :lmao: I do remember what he said  hence your outburst, that's defo calling a spade a spade though.  :D

Shut up c**t we’re out of lockdown here in Sydney I’m cooked !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #59: Oct 09, 2021 01:49:21 pm
      Shut up c**t we’re out of lockdown here in Sydney I’m cooked !

Thought you was that neck of the woods.  :D

Cnut?? I'll take that all day looking at your reply to Don  :lmao:

Off topic I know how long you been cooked!! Up ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3944 
      Reply #60: Oct 09, 2021 02:38:04 pm

He's no LFC supporter that Don77 character, unlike your good self who freely admits to following another club bollox there is just out to antagonize and wind up.
      « Last Edit: Oct 09, 2021 03:35:59 pm by stuey »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #61: Oct 09, 2021 02:58:55 pm

Off topic I know how long you been cooked!! Up ?
      Been on her beers since 2pm it’s 1am here now it also started snowing down here from about 5pm. Ask your mate Ian the dirty c**t he loves when it snows inside a hungry jacks in Madrid
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #62: Oct 09, 2021 03:51:37 pm
      Been on her beers since 2pm it’s 1am here now it also started snowing down here from about 5pm. Ask your mate Ian the dirty c**t he loves when it snows inside a hungry jacks in Madrid

:lmao:
      Well me and my mate do have liking the snow in common.  :lmao:

Enjoy your p!ss up  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #63: Oct 09, 2021 05:32:34 pm
      Newcastle 's fans celebrating a human rights abusing country that murders diplomats

It was a journalist not a diplomat and I wonder where our own country ranks, seeing as we conveniently look the other way and sell them weapons to continue with their murderous bombing campaign in Yemen.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #64: Oct 09, 2021 05:50:38 pm

Newcastle's Saudi-led takeover has met with fierce opposition from their top-flight rivals in the 24 hours since its completion.

Sportsmail understands there have even been attempts to stop the consortium bringing in a lucrative sponsor, but those involved have been told that is a futile pursuit.

We have also learned that the £305million deal — led by Saudi’s £700billion Public Investment Fund (PIF) — was strongly resisted throughout by Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham, who all lobbied the Premier League to deny the Saudis entry to the top flight. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10074359/Newcastles-Saudi-takeover-met-FURIOUS-response-Premier-League-rivals.html

😂😂😂😂

Bricking it...

Yemen flags will be the go to thing when Newcastle visit Anfield ;)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #65: Oct 09, 2021 06:35:43 pm
      It was a journalist not a diplomat and I wonder where our own country ranks, seeing as we conveniently look the other way and sell them weapons to continue with their murderous bombing campaign in Yemen.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment when looking at the relevant governments and their actions - for me the clear difference is our government aren’t owning a football club.

For me it’s a really sad day when they allowed Saudi Arabia to buy Newcastle - the chairman of the club is the man that ordered the Assassination- for me the line has been crossed.

It’s sad when you see all those social media wet wipes crying their eyes out that the horrid establishment didn’t buy us

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #66: Oct 09, 2021 07:03:58 pm
      Whilst I agree with the sentiment when looking at the relevant governments and their actions - for me the clear difference is our government aren’t owning a football club.

For me it’s a really sad day when they allowed Saudi Arabia to buy Newcastle - the chairman of the club is the man that ordered the Assassination- for me the line has been crossed.

It’s sad when you see all those social media wet wipes crying their eyes out that the horrid establishment didn’t buy us

It's basically the same set up as DIC, a newly founded investment company fronting for the state. Saudi want to go the same way as Dubai, UAE, Qatar and bring in tourism, events etc and they see this as the best way to sell the country to world - "sportswashing"

Interesting to hear about the hold-up of the deal last year was all about tv rights in Saudi Arabia. The Premier League was shown free-to-air over there, no longer, deal done to sell tv rights to Bein Sports and the takeover can happen.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #67: Oct 09, 2021 07:40:55 pm
      I was thinking, Newcastle supporters new theme song, could be " Whistle a happy toon" !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #68: Oct 09, 2021 10:50:23 pm

So I'm not your mate then Dado?  :lmao:

Ahhhhh Hungry Jax  :D

Quick Reply