Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Newcastle Utd thread.

Read 42495 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Newcastle take over complete
      Reply #92: Oct 13, 2021 01:07:09 am
      Can't see it being 5-10 years, more like 5 in my opinion. I think the trophy cabinet will have at least one trophy in it at the end of that period. They'll be no holding them back was they break FFP rules with all knife of sponsorships coming in to buy 40/50 million players, with a couple of more higher profile players when they start climbing the league.

Not interested in the cups really, anybody can win them if luck is on your side to get through the rounds, seen that with Wigan winning the FA Cup.

It took City 5 years to win the league in a weaker league than it is now and it took them 10 years to get back to back titles and to that level of real dominance (even then they only beat us to it by a single point).
      Chelsea have had one of the best teams around with some highly rated managers with unlimited funds and they’ve won the league just twice in the last 11 years, finishing outside the top 4 three times and scraping 4th on a couple of occasions.
      United throw a heap of money at players and are approaching 10 years without winning the league.
      This is with those teams signing supposedly world class players too. If Newcastle fans think they’re getting anywhere near a league title after just 5 years, they’re in for a shock IMO.
      « Last Edit: Oct 13, 2021 01:12:49 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #93: Oct 13, 2021 03:44:19 am

United throw a heap of money at players and are approaching 10 years without winning the league.
      This is with those teams signing supposedly world class players too. If Newcastle fans think they’re getting anywhere near a league title after just 5 years, they’re in for a shock IMO.

Think you know as well as I do KK long as Ole at the realm those numbers will continue to rise. I don't think the Geordies will mind 1 in 5 years when your know that at least on paper they will eventually be classed as a top 6 side, something the fans deserve.

Don't know why I'm really looking forward (( hopefully )) to see them climb the ladder. Only got a few Geordie mates that I know from poker but we've already started the banter.  ;D  as you know I love the banter, not as good as it is with that Aussie tw@t on here but it's close  :lmao:

Anyway, forgetting about the profile of the new owners ( don't really care for politics ) I do think it's great for our league and because of this the standard will continue to attract the best which as you quite rightly point out makes it harder to win the premier league. Game on! As they say.   :D
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #94: Oct 13, 2021 10:20:23 am
      They’ll obviously break into the top 6 fairly soon with a decent manager but can’t see them winning the league within 10 years or at all. Got to get to that next level first and sustain it which will not be easy or even achievable with us and the other rich smaller clubs around. Then you got Utd who will be spending sh*t loads. They will be disappointed if they think they’ll win it within 5 years.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #95: Oct 13, 2021 11:13:15 am
      Think you know as well as I do KK long as Ole at the realm those numbers will continue to rise.

Not just Ole though, you’ve also had Jose and Van Gaal in that time too.
      To be honest, without going too far off topic here, despite all the success he had with you, Fergie is a large part of the reason you Mancs got into the mess you did. He left you with an average team that overachieved and then insisted on Moyes taking over from him.
      Not that I’m complaining mind.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #96: Oct 13, 2021 11:17:03 am
      Not just Ole though, you’ve also had Jose and Van Gaal in that time too.
      To be honest, without going too far off topic here, despite all the success he had with you, Fergie is a large part of the reason you Mancs got into the mess you did. He left you with an average team that overachieved and then insisted on Moyes taking over from him.
      Not that I’m complaining mind.

He did win with a average team just before he retired. Shows just why hes the greatest manager of all time.  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #97: Oct 13, 2021 11:35:28 am
      Gonna hire Rodgers to manage apparently?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #98: Oct 13, 2021 12:41:15 pm
      To be honest the Geordie fans deserve something to cheer about after being pissed about for 14 years with the other gobs***e.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #99: Oct 13, 2021 01:34:24 pm
      He did win with a average team just before he retired. Shows just why hes the greatest manager of all time.  ;D

Ferguson was only successful because LFC had a spell of bad luck.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #100: Oct 13, 2021 03:39:24 pm

Wouldn’t say it was bad luck. We had an aging squad as well by the time Kenny left first time around.
      The commercial side of the game was also neglected for too long. We let other clubs overtake us at a time when money really did talk in England.

As for Newcastle, they could do a city. More likely they will become an Everton type club where top 7 is expected. If they can build on that who knows.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #101: Oct 13, 2021 04:31:23 pm
      Wouldn’t say it was bad luck. We had an aging squad as well by the time Kenny left first time around.
      The commercial side of the game was also neglected for too long. We let other clubs overtake us at a time when money really did talk in England.

As for Newcastle, they could do a city. More likely they will become an Everton type club where top 7 is expected. If they can build on that who knows.

Whatever the reason the Mancs no longer faced the credible opposition that Liverpool presented for decades, we took the knock and Ferguson took advantage,
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #102: Oct 13, 2021 05:00:27 pm

As much as I want to believe that narrative, I'm afraid that's too simplistic a view. Unfortunately, we cannot downplay what Ferguson did with Utd.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #103: Oct 13, 2021 05:19:40 pm
      Whatever the reason the Mancs no longer faced the credible opposition that Liverpool presented for decades, we took the knock and Ferguson took advantage,

That's right, blame Fergie for your dimise  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #104: Oct 13, 2021 08:15:17 pm
      As much as I want to believe that narrative, I'm afraid that's too simplistic a view. Unfortunately, we cannot downplay what Ferguson did with Utd.

It’s just coincidence then that LFC were in a comparative decline while the Mancs were winning League titles galore?!?
      The fact that their “all conquering manager” did nothing to compare in foreign competitions puts things in perspective.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #105: Oct 13, 2021 08:18:41 pm
      It’s just coincidence then that LFC were in a comparative decline while the Mancs were winning League titles galore?!?
      The fact that their “all conquering manager” did nothing to compare in foreign competitions puts things in perspective.

Spot on
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #106: Oct 13, 2021 08:25:15 pm
      That's right, blame Fergie for your dimise  :lmao:

Fergie couldn’t “dimise” LFC if he tried, he was forced to retire when he almost killed him self trying.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #107: Oct 13, 2021 08:55:05 pm

Nice to see some not wearing those rose tints PTU.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #108: Oct 13, 2021 08:55:43 pm
      Fergie couldn’t “dimise” LFC if he tried, he was forced to retire when he almost killed him self trying.

He knocked you off your perch remember  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #109: Oct 13, 2021 08:58:08 pm
      KK why did you delete your post when I was answering it  :lmao:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #110: Oct 13, 2021 09:15:12 pm

Never said it was a coincidence. Our decline definitely made things easier for them. But it's also not the only reason they were successful, that's all I was saying.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #111: Oct 13, 2021 10:04:18 pm
      Can you just imagine being on the Newcastle payroll right now, I wonder what they feel when they see their so called fans wanting them sacked or replaced, so heart warming, Gordies, salt of the earth.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #112: Oct 13, 2021 10:27:04 pm
      KK why did you delete your post when I was answering it  :lmao:

Was straying off topic too much mate.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #113: Oct 13, 2021 10:30:48 pm
      Can you just imagine being on the Newcastle payroll right now, I wonder what they feel when they see their so called fans wanting them sacked or replaced, so heart warming, Gordies, salt of the earth.

Yeah more than just a tad jarring the level of enthusiasm shown by the Geordie faithful, seemingly concerned for so long about the running of the game and being true to their roots, now being taken over by oil billionaires aided by financiers like Staveley who have absolutely zero interest in anything other than getting their slice of the pie.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #114: Oct 13, 2021 11:15:45 pm

:lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply