Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Newcastle Utd thread.

Read 42501 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Newcastle take over complete
      Reply #115: Oct 14, 2021 12:39:10 am
      Apparently this Saudi bunch are in talks to buy Inter Milan for 1billion.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #116: Oct 14, 2021 01:36:42 pm
      He knocked you off your perch remember  ;D

What F***ing perch? The same one Ferguson kept mentioning, we had never before mentioned. It's as if he took his Aberdeen hammering in the European Cup personally!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #117: Oct 14, 2021 01:39:15 pm
      Yeah more than just a tad jarring the level of enthusiasm shown by the Geordie faithful, seemingly concerned for so long about the running of the game and being true to their roots, now being taken over by oil billionaires aided by financiers like Staveley who have absolutely zero interest in anything other than getting their slice of the pie.

To be fair to Staveley, she knows her footy. I remember her talking about the Reds back in 2006 around the time of the proposed sale to DIC, she wasn't just some airhead.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #118: Oct 14, 2021 01:42:58 pm
      Can you just imagine being on the Newcastle payroll right now, I wonder what they feel when they see their so called fans wanting them sacked or replaced, so heart warming, Gordies, salt of the earth.

F***ing hell I'm not a Newcastle fan, but even I reckon Bruce should be fu**ed off. Just remember before we all start the digs this could have easily been us with DIC.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #119: Oct 14, 2021 02:22:20 pm
      F***ing hell I'm not a Newcastle fan, but even I reckon Bruce should be fu**ed off. Just remember before we all start the digs this could have easily been us with DIC.

Except DIC were actually fans of the club no? This Saudi bunch probably couldn't give much of a damn about Newcastle for anything other than a business perspective, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to buy Inter Milan too.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #120: Oct 14, 2021 04:21:21 pm
      Can you just imagine being on the Newcastle payroll right now, I wonder what they feel when they see their so called fans wanting them sacked or replaced, so heart warming, Gordies, salt of the earth.

Are you really surprised? Some of our own fans were happy to see Salah go this summer if that meant signing Mbappé. Football fans are a fickle bunch.

And it's not like those Newcastle players are club legends either. With the player rotation they have, I'm betting most of their squad hasn't been there longer than 2-3 years. Lascelles is the only player I can think of that's been there for a long time.

Anyway, if they think they'll attract the best players in the world right away, they are deluded. They'll go through the same steps City went through. At first, they'll only attract money hungry players (Gini back to Newcastle alongside Sterling?).
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Reply #121: Oct 14, 2021 04:36:56 pm
      He knocked you off your perch remember  ;D

Thanks to Jürgen Klopp & of course the squad of players, they are firmly back on their perch, with plenty of silverware over the last few years. As for Newcastle they still have a long way to go !
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #122: Oct 14, 2021 06:42:43 pm
      To be fair to Staveley, she knows her footy. I remember her talking about the Reds back in 2006 around the time of the proposed sale to DIC, she wasn't just some airhead.

I remember that but what does she actually have to do with the footy apart from brokering deals and taking a cut? She seems just to be a financier who happens to know the right people in the Middle East.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #123: Oct 15, 2021 11:28:42 am
      Except DIC were actually fans of the club no? This Saudi bunch probably couldn't give much of a damn about Newcastle for anything other than a business perspective, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to buy Inter Milan too.

Amanda Stavely was pivotal in the proposed deal with the Dubai royal family in any takeover deal with LFC, it looked nailed on.
      It all went tits up when the finances of Dubai took a hit with the economic downturn.

It would have been a bed of roses instead the frauds took over and nearly bankrupted the club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #124: Oct 15, 2021 12:44:12 pm

Hahaha don't be so naive, Makhtoum has his only problems recently like imprisoning his own daughter.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #125: Oct 15, 2021 12:46:06 pm
      I remember that but what does she actually have to do with the footy apart from brokering deals and taking a cut? She seems just to be a financier who happens to know the right people in the Middle East.

Probably cos she's married to one.

Small question, who do you reckon the Geordies prefer right now her or Ashley who also knows F**k all about football?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #126: Oct 15, 2021 12:53:36 pm
      Hahaha don't be so naive, Makhtoum has his only problems recently like imprisoning his own daughter.

You read to much.  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #127: Oct 15, 2021 12:58:35 pm

How is asking you the question about them allegedly being supporters of the club,16 years ago being naive? (It’s not).

Also what does it have to do with regards to any issues they’re having recently? It was 16 years ago!

Shame he doesn’t read posts properly mind.  :couch:
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2021 01:17:04 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #128: Oct 15, 2021 01:31:42 pm
      How is asking you the question about them allegedly being supporters of the club,16 years ago being naive? (It’s not).

Also what does it have to do with regards to any issues they’re having recently? It was 16 years ago!

Shame he doesn’t read posts properly mind.  :couch:

You still think he was a fan then? As I said naive as F**k!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #129: Oct 15, 2021 01:32:33 pm
      You still think he was a fan then? As I said naive as f**k!!

You still aren’t grasping this are you. You also clearly need to go and learn the meaning of naive.

I haven’t said what I think about whether they are/were/will ever be fans, I was asking you the question. I was like 13yrs old at the time, how the hell am I supposed to remember about who some Dubai fella may or may not have supported back then.

You seem to know chapter and verse on him.

Christ.
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2021 01:43:54 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #130: Oct 15, 2021 01:38:17 pm
      Happy for the Geordies, a bit sick about football though.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #131: Oct 15, 2021 02:04:02 pm
      You still aren’t grasping this are you. You also clearly need to go and learn the meaning of naive.

I haven’t said what I think about whether they are/were/will ever be fans, I was asking you the question. I was like 13yrs old at the time, how the hell am I supposed to remember about who some Dubai fella may or may not have supported back then.

Christ.

Was actually in Dubai when this was going on, Sheikh Mohammed may have supported the club but one of his sons was really into LFC and instrumental in pushing through the deal with the help of Stavely.
      The global financial crash was the cause of Dubai’s decision to cease any bidding.

It's history now of course but if Dubai had taken control maybe they wouldn't handle things in the manner of other oil rich club owners, there is a different more westernised feel to the state.
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2021 02:19:35 pm by stuey »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #132: Oct 15, 2021 02:51:08 pm
      Amanda Stavely was pivotal in the proposed deal with the Dubai royal family in any takeover deal with LFC, it looked nailed on.
      It all went tits up when the finances of Dubai took a hit with the economic downturn.

It would have been a bed of roses instead the frauds took over and nearly bankrupted the club.

Didn’t DIC go bankrupt at one stage 🤷‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #133: Oct 15, 2021 02:55:06 pm
      Was actually in Dubai when this was going on, Sheikh Mohammed may have supported the club but one of his sons was really into LFC and instrumental in pushing through the deal with the help of Stavely.
      The global financial crash was the cause of Dubai’s decision to cease any bidding.

It's history now of course but if Dubai had taken control maybe they wouldn't handle things in the manner of other oil rich club owners, there is a different more westernised feel to the state.

I thought moores turned down DIC as opposed to them stopping bidding

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/parry-shook-hands-sell-liverpool-10272793.amp
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #134: Oct 15, 2021 03:52:26 pm

DIC bankrupt?!?
      Not on any stage.

Dubai just withdrew all interest in LFC, you come up with some crazy sh*t but to suggest at any juncture the fraudsters bid for the club would be accepted before a DCI bid is inconceivable.
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2021 04:00:00 pm by stuey »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #135: Oct 15, 2021 04:12:10 pm

No just wound the company up

Christ.

Exactly you were 13 so F**k off gegging in

I know what it means, do you young'un?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #136: Oct 15, 2021 04:16:04 pm
      DIC bankrupt?!?
      Not on any stage.

Dubai just withdrew all interest in LFC, you come up with some crazy sh*t but to suggest at any juncture the fraudsters bid for the club would be accepted before a DCI bid is inconceivable.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2007/jan/31/newsstory.sport9

but its decision to withdraw follows the failure of the Liverpool board to accept the offer last night, following a rival bid by American billionaire George Gillett. His bid is understood to be worth £8m more to Liverpool chairman David Moores.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/live4liverpool.com/2010/05/view-from-the-kop/why-a-dic-takeover-would-have-spelt-even-greater-disaster-for-liverpool/amp/

Several things happened (or didn’t happen) that gave cause for concern. Our being made aware that DIC had devised a seven-year exit strategy was one such issue, along with a suggestion they intended to raise £300 million in working capital (ie, debt), secured against the club. “I was conscious of the fact I’d agreed a deal with DIC, and telephoned Sameer al Ansari to tell him that the board preferred Gillett and Hicks’s offer, and I wanted 48 hours to think things through. DIC representatives confronted me prior to the game and put it to me that I had to sign off on their offer immediately or the deal would be withdrawn. I told them I wouldn’t be held to ransom – and they withdrew the offer. With hindsight, we may have had a lucky escape there as Dubai is not the buoyant market it was in 2007.”“

DIC had big financial issues also

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/liverpool-fc-set-175m-gillett-takeover-dic-withdraw/629966

Moores entertained Hicks and Co because they were offering more

And as for DiC

https://pitchbook.com/newsletter/dubai-international-capital-shuts-doors

Dubai International Capital, the global investment division of Dubai Holding, a sovereign wealth fund managed by the prime minister of the United Arab Emirates, will cease operations after restructuring $2.5 billion in debt, according to a Bloomberg report. Established in 2004, the firm was unable to fully recover from mounting debt and slumping asset prices in the wake of the financial crisis, despite selling off numerous portfolio companies in recent years, including industrial packager Mauser and retailer Rivoli. DIC had launched a failed bid to acquire Liverpool FC of England’s Barclays Premier League during 2007.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #137: Oct 15, 2021 04:17:11 pm
      No just wound the company up

Exactly you were 13 so f**k off gegging in

I know what it means, do you young'un?

Yep looks like the £2.5bn worth of debt helped there

Quick Reply