Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Newcastle Utd thread.

Read 42532 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Re: Newcastle take over complete
      Reply #322: Aug 24, 2022 06:28:20 pm
      How many saying it will take them 5/10 years to be up with the best? Their buying themselves up the table.  ;D
      The bone saw murderers shilling will get them competitive...but to the very top...I'm not yet convinced
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #323: Aug 24, 2022 07:27:34 pm
      How many saying it will take them 5/10 years to be up with the best? Their buying themselves up the table.  ;D

Wait until they get a better manager than Eddie Howe, then I'll worry about them
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #324: Aug 24, 2022 07:32:20 pm
      Wait until they get a better manager than Eddie Howe, then I'll worry about them

He seems to be doing a good job with them - interesting to see how he goes this season
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #325: Aug 24, 2022 08:15:20 pm
      "In Raffa they Trust"
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #326: Aug 24, 2022 08:53:32 pm

Yeah pretty show that’s what will happen. They may well finish top 6 with a bit of luck then they will bring the chosen one in.  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #327: Aug 25, 2022 10:37:30 am
      So much for not being able to spend big like people thought because of having to stay within FFP. About to sign Isak for 70mill.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #328: Aug 25, 2022 10:58:53 am
      they looked decent and gave City a game which they could have easily won. Their Crowd has not been behind them at home for years and could well make St James Park a fortress. If they are close to top 4 come January watch the cheque book out or should it be the bank Transfer out.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #329: Aug 25, 2022 12:24:31 pm
      So much for not being able to spend big like people thought because of having to stay within FFP. About to sign Isak for 70mill.

Like I’ve said many times, these companies always seem to get round the FFP  :f_doh:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #330: Aug 25, 2022 01:38:29 pm
      Like I’ve said many times, these companies always seem to get round the FFP  :f_doh:
      Wouldn't have anything to do with the de facto bloodstained head of state lurking in the background would it?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #331: Aug 25, 2022 01:46:11 pm
      Wouldn't have anything to do with the de facto bloodstained head of state lurking in the background would it?

I wouldn’t dare comment on such a thing.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #332: Aug 25, 2022 02:15:07 pm
      I wouldn’t dare comment on such a thing.

You could end up in pieces, literally
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #333: Oct 23, 2022 06:36:37 pm
      Not taken these lads long has it. I remember many saying will be donkeys year before they do anything yet already in the top 4. Early days I know but pressing the right buttons. Spurs are no mugs and to go their ground and not just win but deserved the 3 points we all know it’s only going one way.

Outside chance they could win a FA Cup or League Cup this year.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #334: Oct 24, 2022 12:57:14 pm
      Not taken these lads long has it. I remember many saying will be donkeys year before they do anything yet already in the top 4. Early days I know but pressing the right buttons. Spurs are no mugs and to go their ground and not just win but deserved the 3 points we all know it’s only going one way.

Outside chance they could win a FA Cup or League Cup this year.

Won’t be long before the top 2 are oil clubs and the rest will be wishing they had accepted the super league idea
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #335: Oct 24, 2022 01:12:50 pm
      Won’t be long before the top 2 are oil clubs and the rest will be wishing they had accepted the super league idea

Super League deal not gone away just yet Bob. Those behind it ( allegedly) still working on something.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #336: Oct 24, 2022 01:14:57 pm
      Super League deal not gone away just yet Bob. Those behind it ( allegedly) still working on something.

Well, sad as it is, that might be the only route to an elitist level playing field.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #337: Oct 25, 2022 03:34:45 pm
      Well, sad as it is, that might be the only route to an elitist level playing field.

Maybe they are still pushing the super league as a strategy to pressure UEFA to bring in FFP. Most of the big clubs in Europe want FFP, probably only 3 or 4 that don't want it. A suspicious person might think that UEFA officials were taking bribes from the oil rich clubs to forget about FFP.

The oil clubs still need a good manager to turn the cash into a winning team. Eddie Howe has done a good job since he arrived at Newcastle, unfortunately.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #338: Oct 26, 2022 09:57:33 am
      Maybe they are still pushing the super league as a strategy to pressure UEFA to bring in FFP. Most of the big clubs in Europe want FFP, probably only 3 or 4 that don't want it. A suspicious person might think that UEFA officials were taking bribes from the oil rich clubs to forget about FFP.

The oil clubs still need a good manager to turn the cash into a winning team. Eddie Howe has done a good job since he arrived at Newcastle, unfortunately.

Ffp can certainly be made to go away. Football is corrupt at every level. We all know it. Anyone who thinks football is clean from corruption is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Money and enough of it makes ffp go away. Anyone think refs arnt on the take? Var officials ?? Of course they are. We don't want to believe it because football is the working man's game isn't it ... that died in 1992 I'm afraid.

Corruption is rife at every level of football now ... like it is in every level in life ... every level in government and whatever other example you choose to use. The oil clubs are at the centre of it ... they run the game now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #339: Oct 26, 2022 03:02:28 pm
      Corruption in football next you will be saying the upcoming World Cup is a reflection of the corruption in football. Oh for the days of brown paper bags full of cash given to managers during a transfer happy days
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #340: Oct 30, 2022 04:32:34 pm
      Corruption in football next you will be saying the upcoming World Cup is a reflection of the corruption in football. Oh for the days of brown paper bags full of cash given to managers during a transfer happy days

It's being held where it is due to alot of brown envelopes. These stadiums won't get used again. People have died building those stadiums ... no human or working rights. Its disgusting and its bloodstained and I won't be watching 1 second of it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #341: Oct 30, 2022 06:43:35 pm
      It's being held where it is due to alot of brown envelopes. These stadiums won't get used again. People have died building those stadiums ... no human or working rights. Its disgusting and its bloodstained and I won't be watching 1 second of it.

well that forum favourite Ratboy seems happy to take their money
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #342: Oct 30, 2022 06:47:41 pm
      well that forum favourite Ratboy seems happy to take their money

Yep. Proper hypocrite. He rightly rail's gaaibs government injustice in the UK but will no doubt be quiet as a mouse on what Qatar is doing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #343: Oct 30, 2022 07:00:09 pm
      Yep. Proper hypocrite. He rightly rail's gaaibs government injustice in the UK but will no doubt be quiet as a mouse on what Qatar is doing.

Imo there would be a lot of Liverpool fans that would welcome the State of Qatar owning the club in the same way Newcastle and City are owned.

Sportswashing works very well when cheque books are open - only have to look at F1 , Boxing and the recent new golf tour - billions make people ignore morals
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #344: Oct 30, 2022 07:41:28 pm
      Imo there would be a lot of Liverpool fans that would welcome the State of Qatar owning the club in the same way Newcastle and City are owned.

Sportswashing works very well when cheque books are open - only have to look at F1 , Boxing and the recent new golf tour - billions make people ignore morals

Sadly all but true, much as I don’t like it and told you many times if it brought success back I’d jump on the band waggon.

Quick Reply