Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Newcastle Utd thread.

Read 42535 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Re: Newcastle take over complete
      Reply #345: Oct 30, 2022 07:42:34 pm
      Sadly all but true, much as I donā€™t like it and told you many times if it brought success back Iā€™d jump on the band waggon.

And there would be loads following you -

I wouldnā€™t , I would walk from the sport .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #346: Oct 30, 2022 07:49:35 pm
      And there would be loads following you -

I wouldnā€™t , I would walk from the sport .

I wouldnā€™t blame anyone fan walking from the sport if it happened to their respective clubs. Itā€™s such a difficult / heart breaking position for any fan to be in. Iā€™ve actually tried to think what it would be like walking away from your club after supporting them all your life.  I think itā€™s near impossible to do it, itā€™s one thing saying it ( and I admire those that do ) but itā€™s another thing implementing it.

Can you imagine last game of the season and itā€™s you lot against us lot for the title  ;D Donā€™t think Iā€™ve got the willpower not to tune in.  :f_doh:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #347: Oct 30, 2022 08:54:36 pm
      I wouldnā€™t blame anyone fan walking from the sport if it happened to their respective clubs. Itā€™s such a difficult / heart breaking position for any fan to be in. Iā€™ve actually tried to think what it would be like walking away from your club after supporting them all your life.  I think itā€™s near impossible to do it, itā€™s one thing saying it ( and I admire those that do ) but itā€™s another thing implementing it.

Can you imagine last game of the season and itā€™s you lot against us lot for the title  ;D Donā€™t think Iā€™ve got the willpower not to tune in.  :f_doh:

I still harbor the hope that the football authorities will grow some balls and remove state owners and find some way to bring in fan ownership along the lines of Germany
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #348: Oct 30, 2022 08:57:14 pm

I still harbor the hope that the football authorities will grow some balls and remove state owners and find some way to bring in fan ownership along the lines of Germany

You need to wake up, not happening.  :-\
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #349: Oct 30, 2022 09:01:18 pm
      Sadly all but true, much as I donā€™t like it and told you many times if it brought success back Iā€™d jump on the band waggon.

tell me the name of a billionaire who made his money by the sweat of his brow or any Hedge fund that is holier than thou.
      IF you cant beat them join them unless the EPL will have a Moral Cup with a CL place attached to it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #350: Oct 30, 2022 09:03:23 pm
      You need to wake up, not happening.  :-\

I know - unfortunately the money from Sky has ruined the game
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #351: Oct 30, 2022 09:05:07 pm
      tell me the name of a billionaire who made his money by the sweat of his brow or any Hedge fund that is holier than thou.
      IF you cant beat them join them unless the EPL will have a Moral Cup with a CL place attached to it.

Said it last year Walt, we canā€™t beat City and arguably Newcastle in a year or two, so join them if we can.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #352: Oct 31, 2022 09:55:34 am
      maybe the EPL could introduce a financial Cap and deduct points for over spending they could get the FIA run it then City would still win but have to pay a fine.
      City will win the League this season and next which will be 7 in 11 years and runners up 3 times Newcastle will give them a run for their money in a few years time effectively swapping the title between them year after year the money has destroyed the competitive nature of  the league.
      When they achieve the same in Europe with PSG maybe UEFA might get involved by taking bigger back handers
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #353: Nov 01, 2022 03:23:38 pm

Nahhh. I've got morals. The day Liverpool Football Club is in the hands of corrupt dirty blood money will be the day I switch the light out on this for good.

Citeh and Newcastle fans might not have any morals ... that's why I hate them. Trophies and shiny new footballers don't cover up where that money comes from and the otrocities committed on a daily basis. No thankyou.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #354: Nov 01, 2022 03:28:53 pm
      Nahhh. I've got morals. The day Liverpool Football Club is in the hands of corrupt dirty blood money will be the day I switch the light out on this for good.

Citeh and Newcastle fans might not have any morals ... that's why I hate them. Trophies and shiny new footballers don't cover up where that money comes from and the otrocities committed on a daily basis. No thankyou.

Too damn right. I don't know how anyone can get any sincere enjoyment over seeing your club used as a vehicle to sportswash horrendous, blood thirsty crimes.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #355: Nov 01, 2022 04:16:04 pm

Too damn right. I don't know how anyone can get any sincere enjoyment over seeing your club used as a vehicle to sportswash horrendous, blood thirsty crimes.

Obviously your both right but what other choice do we have? Last thing Iā€™d want to do is walk away from the club I love. Having no football in oneā€™s life is probably like having no sex.  ;D

Like Iā€™ve already said, just canā€™t see away round it if both our clubs want success again.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #356: Nov 01, 2022 04:21:03 pm

Just curious then...you seem to be pretty hell bent on our owners spending their money for new signings (something they've never claimed they would do) so where do you want all this money for new signings to come from. Not trying to start a flame war, honestly asking because I don't think anyone is against buying great players, but that takes money for transfers and wages and that money has to come from somewhere. If our owners aren't going to do it, then we need new owners and currently the teams that outspend us significantly are either state backed, terrorist backed or human rights abuser backed.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #357: Nov 02, 2022 11:19:53 am
      Obviously your both right but what other choice do we have? Last thing Iā€™d want to do is walk away from the club I love. Having no football in oneā€™s life is probably like having no sex.  ;D

Like Iā€™ve already said, just canā€™t see away round it if both our clubs want success again.

I see what you're saying Keith but call me naive, I don't believe it's impossible to succeed without seeing your club hollowed out and used as some extravagant PR platform by some dystopian state.

And if I were to choose between the choice of ultimate consistent success via the route of dark, blood money or no success / lower league football while keeping in tact the emobidment of that club's history and community, I'd choose the latter.

When I watch Scottish football and the lower divisions in England I actually envy those clubs that still embody a sense of place and community about them. That's far more valuable than any trophies either of our clubs have won / will win in future.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #358: Nov 02, 2022 01:58:02 pm
      I see what you're saying Keith but call me naive, I don't believe it's impossible to succeed without seeing your club hollowed out and used as some extravagant PR platform by some dystopian state.

And if I were to choose between the choice of ultimate consistent success via the route of dark, blood money or no success / lower league football while keeping in tact the emobidment of that club's history and community, I'd choose the latter.

When I watch Scottish football and the lower divisions in England I actually envy those clubs that still embody a sense of place and community about them. That's far more valuable than any trophies either of our clubs have won / will win in future.

Very commendable of you mate and the same for those that think the same way...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #359: Nov 03, 2022 08:31:13 pm

Dunno about that Keith, having no football I mean, your lot managed for f***in decades before old bacon face arrived from the granite City, and since he has hung up his chewing gum your kinda slipping back to those heady mediocre days where watching your lot was exactly like Sex, all over in about 5 Mins, unless of course you put a condom on and had a posh w*nk, in which case 5 mins & 30 seconds 🤣

Ya Manc Cnut 💋
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #360: Nov 03, 2022 09:17:02 pm

Dunno about that Keith, having no football I mean, your lot managed for f***in decades before old bacon face arrived from the granite City, and since he has hung up his chewing gum your kinda slipping back to those heady mediocre days where watching your lot was exactly like Sex, all over in about 5 Mins, unless of course you put a condom on and had a posh w*nk, in which case 5 mins & 30 seconds 🤣

Ya Manc Cnut 💋

Well you lot only had succsex! for last couple of years and already now dropping back to mediocrity so didn't last in your sack! for 90 seconds.    ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #361: Nov 04, 2022 08:14:08 am
      Well you lot only had succsex! for last couple of years and already now dropping back to mediocrity so didn't last in your sack! for 90 seconds.    ;D

Yes Keith you would know all about succsex, especially the ā€˜Succā€™ part, sucking up to yer wee mates in redcafe, sucking Fergies bell end, sucking Aussieredā€™s didgeridoo, dunno but Iā€™m betting you might even get more ā€˜Succsā€™ than Giggsy and by F**k that would be a accomplishment, bet youā€™d stop short though on that Ginger Minger Scholes, 😁

So ā€˜Suckā€™ you ya Manc Cnut 🖕🏾Wāš“ļø 👃🤪

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #362: Nov 04, 2022 10:42:48 am

Yes Keith you would know all about succsex, especially the ā€˜Succā€™ part, sucking up to yer wee mates in redcafe, sucking Fergies bell end, sucking Aussieredā€™s didgeridoo, dunno but Iā€™m betting you might even get more ā€˜Succsā€™ than Giggsy and by f**k that would be a accomplishment, bet youā€™d stop short though on that Ginger Minger Scholes, 😁

So ā€˜Suckā€™ you ya Manc Cnut 🖕🏾Wāš“ļø 👃🤪

Surprisingly redcafe not as good as this site even though you get Yankee! Doodle bellends on their too.  :lmao:   
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #363: Nov 12, 2022 09:13:55 pm
      3rd in the league and not looking bad for a possible top 4 finish. Certainly doesnā€™t appear to be looking like 5/10 years like many though before they win something decent.

Dread to think what the next two transfer windows will be for them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #364: Nov 13, 2022 09:12:24 am
      3rd in the league and not looking bad for a possible top 4 finish. Certainly doesnā€™t appear to be looking like 5/10 years like many though before they win something decent.

Dread to think what the next two transfer windows will be for them.

The panic at the end is what will do for them in the vital.moments. Bigger named manager goes there then I'll get worried.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #365: Nov 13, 2022 12:59:09 pm
      The panic at the end is what will do for them in the vital.moments. Bigger named manager goes there then I'll get worried.

Yeah they have history for it donā€™t they.  ;D Iā€™ve always thought Howe is just interim manager myself. Pretty sure a top manager will come within 2 years. I read while back Jose might be on the books for summer but you wouldnā€™t class him as a top manager anyway.  ;D

Iā€™d hate to see that tw@t from AM come as i am a armchair fan of the toon anyway  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #366: Nov 13, 2022 01:40:37 pm
      Yeah they have history for it donā€™t they.  ;D Iā€™ve always thought Howe is just interim manager myself. Pretty sure a top manager will come within 2 years. I read while back Jose might be on the books for summer but you wouldnā€™t class him as a top manager anyway.  ;D

Iā€™d hate to see that tw@t from AM come as i am a armchair fan of the toon anyway  :lmao:

Jose has the pull for bigger level of player that they will want to attract.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #367: Jan 24, 2023 09:48:18 pm
      Tbh Howe has done incredible. Not spent much yet either.

Chelseaā€™s spending has been scary though. If they get a top manager in the summer they could be a force again quite quickly.

Quick Reply