Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who do you *want* to win?

France 🇫🇷
      9 (47.4%)
      Argentina 🇦🇷
      10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup: Winner Argentina 🇦🇷

Read 78686 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup
      Reply #115: Jun 01, 2022 08:54:53 pm
      Scotland doing their part for World peace.

Losing 2-0 to Ukraine
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #116: Jun 01, 2022 09:01:10 pm
      Scotland doing their part for World peace.

Losing 2-0 to Ukraine

😁
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #117: Jun 04, 2022 10:49:19 pm
      If anyone is interested the Welsh game is on S4C.

obviously not.
      The Corruption WC coming your way this Winter just in time to F**k up our teams
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #118: Jun 05, 2022 01:18:22 am
      Just read that England have lost to Hungary. For a side that aspires to win the World Cup in Qatar...that is f**king pathetic. Gareth Southgate.... :lmao:  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #119: Jun 05, 2022 10:58:29 am
      Just read that England have lost to Hungary. For a side that aspires to win the World Cup in Qatar...that is f**king pathetic. Gareth Southgate.... :lmao:  :lmao:

when Southgate eventually gets sacked people will say how the F**k did we end up with him as manager.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #120: Jun 05, 2022 05:46:17 pm

He’s so boring. No charisma at all. His England teams reflect his personality.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #121: Jun 05, 2022 05:50:26 pm
      I sometimes watch nico Williams and think there is real potential there.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #122: Jun 05, 2022 09:33:19 pm
      Congratulations to Wales on reaching the World Cup finals and Neco Williams played a blinder.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #123: Jun 05, 2022 10:33:30 pm
      Yes well done Wales for finally qualifying for the World cup finals  !
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #124: Jun 14, 2022 04:14:01 pm
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #125: Jun 14, 2022 04:44:07 pm

Was pulling for Peru, it has been a long time since they were in the world cup but wasn't to be.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #126: Oct 28, 2022 08:34:31 pm
      Not long now before this farce starts.
      Sorry, but can't work up any interest in it.
      Should NEVER in a million years have gone to the country in the first place - corruption of unbelievable order w.r.t. bribes etc.
      LIV golf is small potatoes in comparison to this sportswashing effort.
      You have to wonder what in the hell those stadiums will be used for once everyone goes home.
      Poor treatment of workers building the infra have been going for months/years.
      Latest farce summed up by Lineker with don't do anything too gay. You couldn't make this stuff up.  Btw, I actually have some sympathy with showing respect to the country you're visiting - though I wouldn't be arsed 'visiting' there under normal circumstances - but this is a World Cup ffs - you take that, and the supporters, as they come - otherwise, don't F***ing host it !!!

Maybe it's not coming at a bad time for us, give us time to regroup.

Might watch a few games, but might be more interesting to see how the non-match related things go - eg. am sure some people are gonna get pissed and cause some trouble - locals are gonna have to bite their lips or the Western media will be waiting to pounce.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #127: Oct 28, 2022 09:20:36 pm
      this is going to be a political sh*t show and the football will be a side show and FIFA will declare it the best WC ever the sooner it is over and we get our lads back th ebetter
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #128: Oct 29, 2022 12:44:44 pm
      this is going to be a political sh*t show and the football will be a side show and FIFA will declare it the best WC ever the sooner it is over and we get our lads back th ebetter

Will be after Ali bangs a last minute winner for Brazil in the final :laugh:

See some poor b***ard Spanish fan has been arrested in Iran trying to travel to Qatar, made the error of visiting the poor girl who died burial place and Hazel been locked up by Iran's secret police.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #129: Oct 29, 2022 05:52:29 pm
      Will be after Ali bangs a last minute winner for Brazil in the final :laugh:

See some poor b***ard Spanish fan has been arrested in Iran trying to travel to Qatar, made the error of visiting the poor girl who died burial place and Hazel been locked up by Iran's secret police.

some people are just thick as mince.  The likes of Peter Tatchel will make sure there is plenty of controversy  Football is just to entwined with Politics now .
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #130: Oct 29, 2022 06:24:55 pm
      I have some sympathy with the  arguement that says the world cup should go to all parts of the world but having it in Qatar is ridiculous. If it was being held across all the countries in the Arabian peninsula I would feel a better about it.
      The extreme financial waste building stadiums for 1 tournament in 1 tiny country, the deaths of contractors and environmental damage is disgusting.
      The conservative social attitudes of the Qataris is also a problem for me. How much should we respect their beliefs and how much should they accept the lifestyles of their guests? It's not got an easy answer.

I'll probably still watch as many games as possible but it leaves a bad taste. I had a lot of similar problems with Russia during the last world cup but at least they have a football pedigree and fans that care about the game. The Qataris appear to just want to flaunt their wealth.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #131: Oct 29, 2022 06:37:47 pm
      I have some sympathy with the  arguement that says the world cup should go to all parts of the world but having it in Qatar is ridiculous. If it was being held across all the countries in the Arabian peninsula I would feel a better about it.
      The extreme financial waste building stadiums for 1 tournament in 1 tiny country, the deaths of contractors and environmental damage is disgusting.
      The conservative social attitudes of the Qataris is also a problem for me. How much should we respect their beliefs and how much should they accept the lifestyles of their guests? It's not got an easy answer.

I'll probably still watch as many games as possible but it leaves a bad taste. I had a lot of similar problems with Russia during the last world cup but at least they have a football pedigree and fans that care about the game. The Qataris appear to just want to flaunt their wealth.

All about money. Nothing more nothing less. Money.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #132: Oct 29, 2022 07:17:47 pm
      This could well go down as the worse World Cup on record by the vibes we are all getting with what’s going on behind the scenes. Just hope the football on the pitch makes up for what’s going on off it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #133: Oct 31, 2022 01:01:35 pm
      what we learned during Covid is Football without passionate Fans in the ground is really not a good watch. How many of these games are going to have a really good atmosphere I hope it falls flat on its face and maybe FIFA will realise the bung wasn't worth it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #134: Oct 31, 2022 01:26:59 pm
      Not long now before this farce starts.
      Sorry, but can't work up any interest in it.
      Should NEVER in a million years have gone to the country in the first place - corruption of unbelievable order w.r.t. bribes etc.
      LIV golf is small potatoes in comparison to this sportswashing effort.
      You have to wonder what in the hell those stadiums will be used for once everyone goes home.
      Poor treatment of workers building the infra have been going for months/years.
      Latest farce summed up by Lineker with don't do anything too gay. You couldn't make this stuff up.  Btw, I actually have some sympathy with showing respect to the country you're visiting - though I wouldn't be arsed 'visiting' there under normal circumstances - but this is a World Cup ffs - you take that, and the supporters, as they come - otherwise, don't f**king host it !!!

Maybe it's not coming at a bad time for us, give us time to regroup.

Might watch a few games, but might be more interesting to see how the non-match related things go - eg. am sure some people are gonna get pissed and cause some trouble - locals are gonna have to bite their lips or the Western media will be waiting to pounce.

Ive struggled to get excited about world cups for years.

Do we know what the KO times are gonna be , I may end up watching games with LFC players involved.

Not sure that many are actually going tho.

Holland - VVD
      Brazil - Fab, Ali,    ? Bobby ?
      England - Hendo,   ? Gomez & Trent ?
      Spain - Thiago ?
      Ghana - Naby Lad
      Uraguay - Nunez
      France - Konate

7 defo's
      Diaz & Jota would have been defo, but both out Injured.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #135: Oct 31, 2022 06:00:19 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #136: Nov 01, 2022 01:33:52 pm
      read a report from CNN saying 6500 possibly more have died during the building of the World Cup stadiums etc. Was this really the price FIFA thought was ok to live with.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #137: Nov 01, 2022 06:26:34 pm
      read a report from CNN saying 6500 possibly more have died during the building of the World Cup stadiums etc. Was this really the price FIFA thought was ok to live with.

Answer YES

They don't give a F**k about people. 

All about the $$$

Quick Reply