Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who do you *want* to win?

France 🇫🇷
      9 (47.4%)
      Argentina 🇦🇷
      10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup: Winner Argentina 🇦🇷

Read 81296 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Re: Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup
      Reply #92: Apr 01, 2022 07:29:15 pm
      Normally England would like their chances to win that group but with Southgate dumbing them down who knows. US has the same problem with Berhalter otherwise I’d count them fair odds to win the group as well. Should be interesting. If Scotland get that last spot that will certainly be interesting.

England will win the group with their eyes shut . USA not in the same postcode
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #93: Apr 01, 2022 07:54:45 pm
      Not a bad draw for Canada. I don't expect much from use but we might be able to sneak a win or draw from our group.

As for the rest group B and C look interesting. Just feels weird that it will be played in the winter.

Canada seems to have progressed a lot in recent years. Larin-David-Buchanan is a pretty good front 3. Could be a tricky game for Belgium (we usually struggle with our 1st game).
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #94: Apr 01, 2022 08:08:13 pm

Scotland or Wales will probably feel like the odd one out if they get through
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2022 08:29:52 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #95: Apr 01, 2022 08:53:35 pm

shouldn't that be Zipp code.
      We all the excuses over the years about how our lads were knackered after a full EPL and European campaign cant be used this time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #96: Apr 01, 2022 08:54:17 pm
      Who cares!
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #97: Apr 01, 2022 08:58:27 pm
      shouldn't that be Zipp code.
      We all the excuses over the years about how our lads were knackered after a full EPL and European campaign cant be used this time.

Reminds me of the time (probably 20yrs ago by now) a bunch of friends from England came to visit in the States and we were at an outlet up in Maine and when cashing out the lady asks my friend "can i have your zip code?" and he looked at me like "wtf does she mean?"

Another time we all went out to dinner and the waitress asks him "and are you all set?" and he responds "all set for what?"...."i meant, are you done with your plate"  :lmao:

Great memories with those guys.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #98: Apr 01, 2022 09:00:37 pm

seeing as its fu**ed up football for about 6 weeks its all that will be on. Still some good games to watch without having to listen to Shearer and his pals talking bollox.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #99: Apr 01, 2022 09:46:36 pm
      By the way, can someone explain to me why there were all those legends on stage tonight, and then there was... Jermaine Jenas...  :lmao: :lmao:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #100: Apr 01, 2022 10:05:21 pm
      USA vs Iran, that's going to be an interesting game.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #101: Apr 02, 2022 12:36:52 am

People said the same when Ingerland drew the USA in the group stage in 2010. That didn’t go very well.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #102: Apr 02, 2022 02:49:03 am
      USA vs Iran, that's going to be an interesting game.

I wonder if it'll be as half as entertaining as their first World Cup game in 98, remember watching a documentary about that game and some of the background stuff around the game was very interesting.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #103: Apr 02, 2022 02:50:17 am
      Apart from wanting the obvious lads to do well (VVD, Mane, Thiago) I think this world cup I may have to support Bobby's mob.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6367 
      Reply #104: Apr 02, 2022 05:20:25 am

That’s certainly how Southgate has them playing most times. Like their eyes are shut.

USA has talent this time around but we have the American Southgate managing so I don’t expect much.
      rossyred

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #105: Apr 02, 2022 07:46:31 am
      People said the same when Ingerland drew the USA in the group stage in 2010. That didn’t go very well.

This team have the know how now to go long in tournaments now and have never had that before. Not a massive fan of Southgate but he has a team well capable
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #106: Apr 02, 2022 12:26:02 pm
      I wonder if it'll be as half as entertaining as their first World Cup game in 98, remember watching a documentary about that game and some of the background stuff around the game was very interesting.

That would be good to watch, if anyone has a link?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #107: Apr 03, 2022 05:03:41 pm
      Canada seems to have progressed a lot in recent years. Larin-David-Buchanan is a pretty good front 3. Could be a tricky game for Belgium (we usually struggle with our 1st game).

Yeah MLS coming to Toronto in 2007 and then Montreal/Vancouver later has really given players in Canada a direct pathway to professional game without having to leave for Europe. Even to get their foot in MLS is easier with American team since Canadian teams in the league.l thus resulting in a better/deeper pool to pick from.

As far as the squad we got now we do have a lot of pace and good on the counter with Davies/Buchanan on the flanks and David/Larnin up top we can create and score goals. Out issue is we are thin on CB (quality wise) and Borjan in net can be very dodgey which I think will get exposed in the World Cup.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #108: Apr 03, 2022 05:05:44 pm
      By the way, can someone explain to me why there were all those legends on stage tonight, and then there was... Jermaine Jenas...  :lmao: :lmao:

got to be a case of mistaken identity
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #109: Apr 03, 2022 11:56:46 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      North Macedonia is its official name. carry on

And it was FYR Macedonia before then. Is that what you used? 

Quote from rossyred

This will be the weirdest world cup in history.
      There's no training camps, no warm up games, and minimal recovery time, so it wouldn't be a surprise if several of the bigger nations didn't make the knockout rounds. The draw was conducted by Jermaine Jenas rather than the FIFA General Secretary, and took place with teams not even qualified yet. Some of them don't even want to be there in the first place, of which Italy have already checked out before its begun.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #110: Apr 04, 2022 03:17:12 pm
      Some of them don't even want to be there in the first place, of which Italy have already checked out before its begun.

Like who?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,036 posts | 2091 
      Reply #111: Apr 07, 2022 08:17:45 pm
      And it was FYR Macedonia before then. Is that what you used? 

This will be the weirdest world cup in history.
      There's no training camps, no warm up games, and minimal recovery time, so it wouldn't be a surprise if several of the bigger nations didn't make the knockout rounds. The draw was conducted by Jermaine Jenas rather than the FIFA General Secretary, and took place with teams not even qualified yet. Some of them don't even want to be there in the first place, of which Italy have already checked out before its begun.

You missed out the bit where I called you a pr**k.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #112: Apr 19, 2022 03:19:57 pm
      Quote from adammac
      Like who?

The biggest countries that always qualify, have protested about the tournament in Qatar ever since the decision was made. Some of their media have spent the past 12 years trying to find new excuses, in order to get the tournament played somewhere else. Nobody really wants it there, the time of year is different, the country isn't big enough, and their idea of human rights is very different to what the west is used to, but that's just how it is. It's only a month, then everything will be back to normal.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #113: Apr 19, 2022 06:46:25 pm
      Qatar and large brown envelopes very large envelopes springs to mind. It will be like a Stag night out at Blackpool but all you can have to drink is wine gums. Terrible corrupt decision and human rights do matter unless of course you think some people are sub human
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #114: Jun 01, 2022 05:43:23 pm
      If anyone is interested the Welsh game is on S4C.

Quick Reply