Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 24th Oct 16:30

Read 6057 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 24th Oct 16:30
      Oct 22, 2021 11:50:44 am

NB: Team no longer available

We need to go all out and grab a stunning result. Our front three are on a fantastic form.

(PS: Brian I usually do the Live thread ;) )

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 24th Oct 16:30
      Reply #1: Oct 22, 2021 12:06:54 pm
      Dreading it  :couch:

You lot!  certainly have the momentum going into Sunday's match. Klopp will have Ole looking for cover if any of the recent results are anything to go by. Salah playing the best football of his career is going to be a nitemare to stop if that's even possible.

Just when Ole was under increasing pressure again he pulls a result out of the bag on Wednesday. He'll need another of his get out of jail cards to squeeze a result out of this one. I know many say Derbies are derbies and (( Derby to me ) and past results go out of the window and both teams will be up for it but can only hope for a draw if I'm being totally honest.

Anyway  :f_whistle: I'm going away for the weekend and won't be back till Tuesday so will miss all the stick that's no doubt coming my way., ;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: Oct 22, 2021 12:10:29 pm
      Dreading it  :couch:

You lot!  certainly have the momentum going into Sunday's match. Klopp will have Ole looking for cover if any of the recent results are anything to go by. Salah playing the best football of his career is going to be a nitemare to stop if that's even possible.

Just when Ole was under increasing pressure again he pulls a result out of the bag on Wednesday. He'll need another of his get out of jail cards to squeeze a result out of this one. I know many say Derbies are derbies and (( Derby to me ) and past results go out of the window and both teams will be up for it but can only hope for a draw if I'm being totally honest.

Anyway  :f_whistle: I'm going away for the weekend and won't be back till Tuesday so will miss all the stick that's no doubt coming my way., ;D

I actually love your no biased opinion and I look forward to your contribution. I personally think that we need to beat you if we are to win the league or seriously challenge for it.

If you're without Fernandes and Varane, it will be difficult to get a result.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Oct 22, 2021 12:43:57 pm
      7 away games scoring 3 or more goals is phenemonal.

The way were shipping goals it might be needed to.

Let them off to a 1 nil lead, they wont have a clue from there.

Weary of Matip VVD and Keita all having another start in them.

Think Rashford is out of this for them? On form we should be winning this but form counts for nothing in this, theyll be up for it so we better be to.

Back 4 sort themselves out were good, if not this could be a 3 2 or 4 3 job. 3 points redmen either way
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #4: Oct 22, 2021 01:11:27 pm
      Looking forward to this one. Going to be tight I reckon but Salah to be unplayable again and deliver the knockout blow 👊🏼
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5: Oct 22, 2021 01:40:38 pm
      I actually love your no biased opinion and I look forward to your contribution. I personally think that we need to beat you if we are to win the league or seriously challenge for it.

If you're without Fernandes and Varane, it will be difficult to get a result.

Thanks Clint, there's alway some (haters) doubters that always give it the what's a manc doing on here blar blar blar which I ignore but I honestly don't wear the rose tints like so many do.

Do I want you to get beat? Course I do and obviously works both ways. However, that doesn't stop our fierce rivalry from good banter and honest opinions Said this many times but I have many Scouse mates and we literally do take the p!ss  (( bit like Carr & Nev )) out of each other all the time.  :lmao: We don't have hate we just want to win because between the both of us we have the greatest rivalry ( my opinion  ) in the game that have won countless trophies between what no one can argue are the two best clubs in English history to date.

I think Varane will be a bigger miss than Bruno because we have lots of quality up front anyway so can take a bullet in that department. Midfield and defence certainly not our strongest suits and need two additions in January window to. Keep top four hopes alive.

Saying that even if we had them available I'm not that hopefully. I'm just hoping Ole doesn't forget to put that get out of jail card in his pocket before he leaves for the match  :D

I very rarely post in match threads coz I see how toxic it gets amongst your own fans when not going well so keep clear  ;D I've done the occasion post when we play you lot!  ;D However, I still get accused of wumming so keep everyone happy if I can. I'll certainly post till match day starts though  ;D
      « Last Edit: Oct 22, 2021 01:45:39 pm by Keith Singleton »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6: Oct 22, 2021 01:49:28 pm
      We’ve all been here before, us being on fire and Ole getting fired, it’s the same old mopus operandi, we should batter this lot blah blah blah, yes on paper it’s looking like men V boys but we all know it won’t be a battering don’t we, it’ll be tight as F**k as usual, MUtants always raise their game against us and always seem to hinder us somewhat,

I cannot see it any other way, however, I do think we will win, probably quite comfortably in the end but it most definitely won’t be easy, the best MUtants can hope for is a draw, they will have done well if they do, their problem is fitting all those ego’s in a side that will be cohesive, we have seen recently that they are miles off any semblance of working unit, and old Ole is trying to please everyone, which in all intents & purposes ain’t never going to happen,

His problem began when golden bollocks cr7 returned, everyone at OT had a hard on when he came back, even the women, now it has become a nightmare, how can Ole not play him, the alleged best player ever to have breathed, and when he does play him others rely to heavily on him, and he brings  a imbalance to the team, can’t see that changing any time soon, well I f***in hope not, Ole’s doing a great job I hope he stays for the remainder of his contract and beyond.

After Sunday we will start seeing the REAL difference between us, after nine games we will have opened up a 7 point gap, a truer reflection of where we’re at in comparison to them, they finished bridesmaids last season but we all know that that wasn’t a true reflection  due to our season destroying injuries , and as the season goes on that gap will widen, you can put your house on it.

1-3 and that’s being generous.

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Oct 22, 2021 01:49:57 pm
      All the usual Hype, and I bet we get a drab 0-0.  :lmao: :mad:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8: Oct 22, 2021 02:05:16 pm
      We’ve all been here before, us being on fire and Ole getting fired, it’s the same old mopus operandi, we should batter this lot blah blah blah, yes on paper it’s looking like men V boys but we all know it won’t be a battering don’t we, it’ll be tight as f**k as usual, MUtants always raise their game against us and always seem to hinder us somewhat,

I cannot see it any other way, however, I do think we will win, probably quite comfortably in the end but it most definitely won’t be easy, the best MUtants can hope for is a draw, they will have done well if they do, their problem is fitting all those ego’s in a side that will be cohesive, we have seen recently that they are miles off any semblance of working unit, and old Ole is trying to please everyone, which in all intents & purposes ain’t never going to happen,

His problem began when golden bollocks cr7 returned, everyone at OT had a hard on when he came back, even the women, now it has become a nightmare, how can Ole not play him, the alleged best player ever to have breathed, and when he does play him others rely to heavily on him, and he brings  a imbalance to the team, can’t see that changing any time soon, well I f***in hope not, Ole’s doing a great job I hope he stays for the remainder of his contract and beyond.

After Sunday we will start seeing the REAL difference between us, after nine games we will have opened up a 7 point gap, a truer reflection of where we’re at in comparison to them, they finished bridesmaids last season but we all know that that wasn’t a true reflection  due to our season destroying injuries , and as the season goes on that gap will widen, you can put your house on it.

1-3 and that’s being generous.

Y  N  W  A

Good post Billy and yeah your right, their normally closer/tighter affairs even when one team playing better than the other. United's record against you lot! in last 5 years + pretty good so clinging on to that hope along with the fact Ole on tightrope again.

CR7 is without doubt one of the best players to have graced our game along with the Messi/ Hand of God/Pele/ Best etc etc Being a manc shouldn't reflect our rival fans see him. He's been world class wherever he plays.

As for Ole doing great? You obviously know you can p!ss off with that one don't you.  ;D

I think it will be 0-2 or 1-3. However, I can't put that up in the prediction league thread coz my heart won't  let me.  :lmao:

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9: Oct 22, 2021 02:22:33 pm
      Keita has to start alongside Fabinho & Henderson in midfield for me.. rest picks itself..

3-1 Redmen..
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #10: Oct 22, 2021 02:26:08 pm
      Whatever form both sides are showing, it’s gonna be tight, it is rarely anything but.
      I think Jürgen always goes a bit to negative in these matches, we should just play to our strengths and not worry too much about the other side.
      Deal with it as it happens, but don’t restrain our attacking strengths in fear of them.
      We do that, could be 3 or 4 nil.
      We go too negative and they could nik a draw.

Be brave lads and go for the 3 nil option.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #11: Oct 22, 2021 02:32:01 pm
      Keita has to start alongside Fabinho & Henderson in midfield for me.. rest picks itself..

3-1 Redmen..

Against Atletico, Keita went missing for two 50-50 tackles and we conceded both times with a  little help from matip !
      Although he scored a cracker, you can’t afford to be turned in a tackle that easy, that far up the pitch.
      No doubt the presence of Fab will help, but he’s still gotta be much stronger in the tackle, or turn and recover quicker.
      There’s a great player in there somewhere, just failing to show the complete article just yet !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Oct 22, 2021 02:41:37 pm
      Good post Billy and yeah your right, their normally closer/tighter affairs even when one team playing better than the other. United's record against you lot! in last 5 years + pretty good so clinging on to that hope along with the fact Ole on tightrope again.

CR7 is without doubt one of the best players to have graced our game along with the Messi/ Hand of God/Pele/ Best etc etc Being a manc shouldn't reflect our rival fans see him. He's been world class wherever he plays.

As for Ole doing great? You obviously know you can p!ss off with that one don't you.  ;D

I think it will be 0-2 or 1-3. However, I can't put that up in the prediction league thread coz my heart won't  let me.  :lmao:

I’ll put that score up in the prediction league for ya mate don’t you worry about that, the bad news for you is I think they’ll stick with Ole at least through this season, talk of Zizu being the next gaffer but he might prefer a Nookie broon to a Boddingtons, and start from scratch rather than trying another rebuild with possible financial restrictions from the Glazers,

Although it pains me to say this but for me CR7 has to be right up there amongst the best ever, we have seen through the decades how Pele’s mantle has dwindled but football as a whole changes with natural progression, so as admirers die off so does the esteem he was once held,

If push came to shove I’d have to go for Maradonna as the best there ever was, the things he could do with a football are legendary, that story Linaker tells of how he played keepie  uppie and would launch the ball miles high and only move a couple of feet to collect it again and repeat it again and again, Linaker says they tried to do the same on the training pitches at Barcelona and nobody could do even one, unbelievable from the little fella, now like him or loathe him he for me was the best ever, as for Messi and CR7 for second I’d have to say CR7, while Messi more or less was a one club man Ronaldo has done it for three different clubs in three different countries, that is outstanding, to play at a level for so long and still be one of the best around is particularly special, you have no idea how much that hurt to say that, but sometimes you just got to doff your hat and give credit where it’s due, Oh and I’d put our King right up there too by the way, he too was one of the greatest ever to have graced us I’m sure you will agree.

Y  N  W  A

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13: Oct 22, 2021 03:01:15 pm
      Keith has to start alongside Fabinho & Henderson in midfield for me.. rest picks itself..

3-1 Redmen..

I'd be happy to, expect a couple of own goals though  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14: Oct 22, 2021 03:10:45 pm

Although it pains me to say this but for me CR7 has to be right up there amongst the best ever, we have seen through the decades how Pele’s mantle has dwindled but football as a whole changes with natural progression, so as admirers die off so does the esteem he was once held,

If push came to shove I’d have to go for Maradonna as the best there ever was, the things he could do with a football are legendary, that story Linaker tells of how he played keepie  uppie and would launch the ball miles high and only move a couple of feet to collect it again and repeat it again and again, Linaker says they tried to do the same on the training pitches at Barcelona and nobody could do even one, unbelievable from the little fella, now like him or loathe him he for me was the best ever, as for Messi and CR7 for second I’d have to say CR7, while Messi more or less was a one club man Ronaldo has done it for three different clubs in three different countries, that is outstanding, to play at a level for so long and still be one of the best around is particularly special, you have no idea how much that hurt to say that, but sometimes you just got to doff your hat and give credit where it’s due, Oh and I’d put our King right up there too by the way, he too was one of the greatest ever to have graced us I’m sure you will agree.

Y  N  W  A

Balanced post from you but that is the norm anyway.  ;)  I'm with you on the Messi bet. I've actually said it on here while back. World class as he is never done it for another club and more importantly the hardest league  in football which we know is the premier league. I don't doubt that he could do it but always that element of doubt because he hasn't.

Can Messi still do it at 36 like CR7? Remains to be seen but once again he's in a weaker league so still doubts  even if he does it in the French league.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #15: Oct 22, 2021 04:52:23 pm
      21 games unbeaten in all competions. Some run. 3 more games unbeaten will draw level with the 88/89  and 87/88 side ( DALGLISH)
      4 more to tie with the club record set in 82 under Sir Bob.

fu**ed if were letting that end at utd
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16: Oct 22, 2021 05:12:14 pm
      21 games unbeaten in all competions. Some run. 3 more games unbeaten will draw level with the 88/89  and 87/88 side ( DALGLISH)
      4 more to tie with the club record set in 82 under Sir Bob.

F**ked if were letting that end at utd

;D If Ole brings his monopoly card you never know.  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #17: Oct 22, 2021 05:23:28 pm
      We should win this easily, I've gone for 3-0. Hopefully it doesn't get Ole fired.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #18: Oct 22, 2021 05:27:14 pm
      Would give Naby another start here but got a feeling he won't.  Other decision is Jota or Bobby and would go for Jota personally against a very slow CB partnership
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #19: Oct 22, 2021 05:29:10 pm
      Would give Naby another start here but got a feeling he won't.  Other decision is Jota or Bobby and would go for Jota personally against a very slow CB partnership

Baffling to suggest benching a player coming off of a hat trick.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #20: Oct 22, 2021 05:29:58 pm
      ;D If Ole brings his monopoly card you never know.  ;D

The article is poorly researched or doesnt explain what the rrcord entails, weve gone on a longer run then that and very recently to. Not sure if its in a calendar year or what or just wrong. Anyway whatever it is its not endung Sunday
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,756 posts | 238 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #21: Oct 22, 2021 05:31:27 pm
      Can Messi still do it at 36 like CR7? Remains to be seen but once again he's in a weaker league so still doubts  even if he does it in the French league.

I think after 2022 World Cup see Messi leave European football and go either MLS/Newells Old Boys, felt to me like the move to PSG was to let him play a high enough level to be sharp for his last pursuit of the World Cup. Only way Messi PSG sint is seen as success if he brings them UCL title (similar fashion to Ronaldo's move to Juventus in which would be seen as failure despite all the goals and couple Italian titles). Always a great debate as different people view different  achievement in different way. Personally I think if either one is successful in Qatar next winter that could put it to bed but until then arguments can be made for both sides.

Back to the game like to see the way we are scoring on the road can continue. I think their could be a few in this game the way both sides are playing (so expect 0-0) 😆

Personally see only change being Fabinho for Ketia. See if that XI can do the job and if we need more thrust and attacking through the middle we can bring him on. Other then that I expect the same line-up as we played midweek.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,010 posts | 2735 
      Reply #22: Oct 22, 2021 05:41:31 pm
      Very tough game ahead. We won there last season without fans but generally at a full Old Trafford we've really struggled to impose ourselves in recent years.

I would go with Fab, Milner and Henderson in midfield, leave Ox and Keita on the bench in case we fall behind. Bobby to keep his place up top too. Could make the case of breaking the CB partnership up given how poor we've looked at the back but I think Jürgen will wait another week to do that.

Quick Reply