Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 24th Oct 16:30

Read 6108 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 24th Oct 16:30
      Oct 22, 2021 11:50:44 am

NB: Team no longer available

We need to go all out and grab a stunning result. Our front three are on a fantastic form.

(PS: Brian I usually do the Live thread ;) )

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 24th Oct 16:30
      Reply #1: Oct 22, 2021 12:06:54 pm
      Dreading it  :couch:

You lot!  certainly have the momentum going into Sunday's match. Klopp will have Ole looking for cover if any of the recent results are anything to go by. Salah playing the best football of his career is going to be a nitemare to stop if that's even possible.

Just when Ole was under increasing pressure again he pulls a result out of the bag on Wednesday. He'll need another of his get out of jail cards to squeeze a result out of this one. I know many say Derbies are derbies and (( Derby to me ) and past results go out of the window and both teams will be up for it but can only hope for a draw if I'm being totally honest.

Anyway  :f_whistle: I'm going away for the weekend and won't be back till Tuesday so will miss all the stick that's no doubt coming my way., ;D
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      Reply #2: Oct 22, 2021 12:10:29 pm
      Dreading it  :couch:

You lot!  certainly have the momentum going into Sunday's match. Klopp will have Ole looking for cover if any of the recent results are anything to go by. Salah playing the best football of his career is going to be a nitemare to stop if that's even possible.

Just when Ole was under increasing pressure again he pulls a result out of the bag on Wednesday. He'll need another of his get out of jail cards to squeeze a result out of this one. I know many say Derbies are derbies and (( Derby to me ) and past results go out of the window and both teams will be up for it but can only hope for a draw if I'm being totally honest.

Anyway  :f_whistle: I'm going away for the weekend and won't be back till Tuesday so will miss all the stick that's no doubt coming my way., ;D

I actually love your no biased opinion and I look forward to your contribution. I personally think that we need to beat you if we are to win the league or seriously challenge for it.

If you're without Fernandes and Varane, it will be difficult to get a result.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Oct 22, 2021 12:43:57 pm
      7 away games scoring 3 or more goals is phenemonal.

The way were shipping goals it might be needed to.

Let them off to a 1 nil lead, they wont have a clue from there.

Weary of Matip VVD and Keita all having another start in them.

Think Rashford is out of this for them? On form we should be winning this but form counts for nothing in this, theyll be up for it so we better be to.

Back 4 sort themselves out were good, if not this could be a 3 2 or 4 3 job. 3 points redmen either way
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #4: Oct 22, 2021 01:11:27 pm
      Looking forward to this one. Going to be tight I reckon but Salah to be unplayable again and deliver the knockout blow 👊🏼
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5: Oct 22, 2021 01:40:38 pm
      I actually love your no biased opinion and I look forward to your contribution. I personally think that we need to beat you if we are to win the league or seriously challenge for it.

If you're without Fernandes and Varane, it will be difficult to get a result.

Thanks Clint, there's alway some (haters) doubters that always give it the what's a manc doing on here blar blar blar which I ignore but I honestly don't wear the rose tints like so many do.

Do I want you to get beat? Course I do and obviously works both ways. However, that doesn't stop our fierce rivalry from good banter and honest opinions Said this many times but I have many Scouse mates and we literally do take the p!ss  (( bit like Carr & Nev )) out of each other all the time.  :lmao: We don't have hate we just want to win because between the both of us we have the greatest rivalry ( my opinion  ) in the game that have won countless trophies between what no one can argue are the two best clubs in English history to date.

I think Varane will be a bigger miss than Bruno because we have lots of quality up front anyway so can take a bullet in that department. Midfield and defence certainly not our strongest suits and need two additions in January window to. Keep top four hopes alive.

Saying that even if we had them available I'm not that hopefully. I'm just hoping Ole doesn't forget to put that get out of jail card in his pocket before he leaves for the match  :D

I very rarely post in match threads coz I see how toxic it gets amongst your own fans when not going well so keep clear  ;D I've done the occasion post when we play you lot!  ;D However, I still get accused of wumming so keep everyone happy if I can. I'll certainly post till match day starts though  ;D
      « Last Edit: Oct 22, 2021 01:45:39 pm by Keith Singleton »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6: Oct 22, 2021 01:49:28 pm
      We’ve all been here before, us being on fire and Ole getting fired, it’s the same old mopus operandi, we should batter this lot blah blah blah, yes on paper it’s looking like men V boys but we all know it won’t be a battering don’t we, it’ll be tight as F**k as usual, MUtants always raise their game against us and always seem to hinder us somewhat,

I cannot see it any other way, however, I do think we will win, probably quite comfortably in the end but it most definitely won’t be easy, the best MUtants can hope for is a draw, they will have done well if they do, their problem is fitting all those ego’s in a side that will be cohesive, we have seen recently that they are miles off any semblance of working unit, and old Ole is trying to please everyone, which in all intents & purposes ain’t never going to happen,

His problem began when golden bollocks cr7 returned, everyone at OT had a hard on when he came back, even the women, now it has become a nightmare, how can Ole not play him, the alleged best player ever to have breathed, and when he does play him others rely to heavily on him, and he brings  a imbalance to the team, can’t see that changing any time soon, well I f***in hope not, Ole’s doing a great job I hope he stays for the remainder of his contract and beyond.

After Sunday we will start seeing the REAL difference between us, after nine games we will have opened up a 7 point gap, a truer reflection of where we’re at in comparison to them, they finished bridesmaids last season but we all know that that wasn’t a true reflection  due to our season destroying injuries , and as the season goes on that gap will widen, you can put your house on it.

1-3 and that’s being generous.

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Oct 22, 2021 01:49:57 pm
      All the usual Hype, and I bet we get a drab 0-0.  :lmao: :mad:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8: Oct 22, 2021 02:05:16 pm
      We’ve all been here before, us being on fire and Ole getting fired, it’s the same old mopus operandi, we should batter this lot blah blah blah, yes on paper it’s looking like men V boys but we all know it won’t be a battering don’t we, it’ll be tight as f**k as usual, MUtants always raise their game against us and always seem to hinder us somewhat,

I cannot see it any other way, however, I do think we will win, probably quite comfortably in the end but it most definitely won’t be easy, the best MUtants can hope for is a draw, they will have done well if they do, their problem is fitting all those ego’s in a side that will be cohesive, we have seen recently that they are miles off any semblance of working unit, and old Ole is trying to please everyone, which in all intents & purposes ain’t never going to happen,

His problem began when golden bollocks cr7 returned, everyone at OT had a hard on when he came back, even the women, now it has become a nightmare, how can Ole not play him, the alleged best player ever to have breathed, and when he does play him others rely to heavily on him, and he brings  a imbalance to the team, can’t see that changing any time soon, well I f***in hope not, Ole’s doing a great job I hope he stays for the remainder of his contract and beyond.

After Sunday we will start seeing the REAL difference between us, after nine games we will have opened up a 7 point gap, a truer reflection of where we’re at in comparison to them, they finished bridesmaids last season but we all know that that wasn’t a true reflection  due to our season destroying injuries , and as the season goes on that gap will widen, you can put your house on it.

1-3 and that’s being generous.

Y  N  W  A

Good post Billy and yeah your right, their normally closer/tighter affairs even when one team playing better than the other. United's record against you lot! in last 5 years + pretty good so clinging on to that hope along with the fact Ole on tightrope again.

CR7 is without doubt one of the best players to have graced our game along with the Messi/ Hand of God/Pele/ Best etc etc Being a manc shouldn't reflect our rival fans see him. He's been world class wherever he plays.

As for Ole doing great? You obviously know you can p!ss off with that one don't you.  ;D

I think it will be 0-2 or 1-3. However, I can't put that up in the prediction league thread coz my heart won't  let me.  :lmao:

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9: Oct 22, 2021 02:22:33 pm
      Keita has to start alongside Fabinho & Henderson in midfield for me.. rest picks itself..

3-1 Redmen..
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #10: Oct 22, 2021 02:26:08 pm
      Whatever form both sides are showing, it’s gonna be tight, it is rarely anything but.
      I think Jürgen always goes a bit to negative in these matches, we should just play to our strengths and not worry too much about the other side.
      Deal with it as it happens, but don’t restrain our attacking strengths in fear of them.
      We do that, could be 3 or 4 nil.
      We go too negative and they could nik a draw.

Be brave lads and go for the 3 nil option.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #11: Oct 22, 2021 02:32:01 pm
      Keita has to start alongside Fabinho & Henderson in midfield for me.. rest picks itself..

3-1 Redmen..

Against Atletico, Keita went missing for two 50-50 tackles and we conceded both times with a  little help from matip !
      Although he scored a cracker, you can’t afford to be turned in a tackle that easy, that far up the pitch.
      No doubt the presence of Fab will help, but he’s still gotta be much stronger in the tackle, or turn and recover quicker.
      There’s a great player in there somewhere, just failing to show the complete article just yet !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #12: Oct 22, 2021 02:41:37 pm
      Good post Billy and yeah your right, their normally closer/tighter affairs even when one team playing better than the other. United's record against you lot! in last 5 years + pretty good so clinging on to that hope along with the fact Ole on tightrope again.

CR7 is without doubt one of the best players to have graced our game along with the Messi/ Hand of God/Pele/ Best etc etc Being a manc shouldn't reflect our rival fans see him. He's been world class wherever he plays.

As for Ole doing great? You obviously know you can p!ss off with that one don't you.  ;D

I think it will be 0-2 or 1-3. However, I can't put that up in the prediction league thread coz my heart won't  let me.  :lmao:

I’ll put that score up in the prediction league for ya mate don’t you worry about that, the bad news for you is I think they’ll stick with Ole at least through this season, talk of Zizu being the next gaffer but he might prefer a Nookie broon to a Boddingtons, and start from scratch rather than trying another rebuild with possible financial restrictions from the Glazers,

Although it pains me to say this but for me CR7 has to be right up there amongst the best ever, we have seen through the decades how Pele’s mantle has dwindled but football as a whole changes with natural progression, so as admirers die off so does the esteem he was once held,

If push came to shove I’d have to go for Maradonna as the best there ever was, the things he could do with a football are legendary, that story Linaker tells of how he played keepie  uppie and would launch the ball miles high and only move a couple of feet to collect it again and repeat it again and again, Linaker says they tried to do the same on the training pitches at Barcelona and nobody could do even one, unbelievable from the little fella, now like him or loathe him he for me was the best ever, as for Messi and CR7 for second I’d have to say CR7, while Messi more or less was a one club man Ronaldo has done it for three different clubs in three different countries, that is outstanding, to play at a level for so long and still be one of the best around is particularly special, you have no idea how much that hurt to say that, but sometimes you just got to doff your hat and give credit where it’s due, Oh and I’d put our King right up there too by the way, he too was one of the greatest ever to have graced us I’m sure you will agree.

Y  N  W  A

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13: Oct 22, 2021 03:01:15 pm
      Keith has to start alongside Fabinho & Henderson in midfield for me.. rest picks itself..

3-1 Redmen..

I'd be happy to, expect a couple of own goals though  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14: Oct 22, 2021 03:10:45 pm

Although it pains me to say this but for me CR7 has to be right up there amongst the best ever, we have seen through the decades how Pele’s mantle has dwindled but football as a whole changes with natural progression, so as admirers die off so does the esteem he was once held,

If push came to shove I’d have to go for Maradonna as the best there ever was, the things he could do with a football are legendary, that story Linaker tells of how he played keepie  uppie and would launch the ball miles high and only move a couple of feet to collect it again and repeat it again and again, Linaker says they tried to do the same on the training pitches at Barcelona and nobody could do even one, unbelievable from the little fella, now like him or loathe him he for me was the best ever, as for Messi and CR7 for second I’d have to say CR7, while Messi more or less was a one club man Ronaldo has done it for three different clubs in three different countries, that is outstanding, to play at a level for so long and still be one of the best around is particularly special, you have no idea how much that hurt to say that, but sometimes you just got to doff your hat and give credit where it’s due, Oh and I’d put our King right up there too by the way, he too was one of the greatest ever to have graced us I’m sure you will agree.

Y  N  W  A

Balanced post from you but that is the norm anyway.  ;)  I'm with you on the Messi bet. I've actually said it on here while back. World class as he is never done it for another club and more importantly the hardest league  in football which we know is the premier league. I don't doubt that he could do it but always that element of doubt because he hasn't.

Can Messi still do it at 36 like CR7? Remains to be seen but once again he's in a weaker league so still doubts  even if he does it in the French league.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #15: Oct 22, 2021 04:52:23 pm
      21 games unbeaten in all competions. Some run. 3 more games unbeaten will draw level with the 88/89  and 87/88 side ( DALGLISH)
      4 more to tie with the club record set in 82 under Sir Bob.

fu**ed if were letting that end at utd
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16: Oct 22, 2021 05:12:14 pm
      21 games unbeaten in all competions. Some run. 3 more games unbeaten will draw level with the 88/89  and 87/88 side ( DALGLISH)
      4 more to tie with the club record set in 82 under Sir Bob.

F**ked if were letting that end at utd

;D If Ole brings his monopoly card you never know.  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #17: Oct 22, 2021 05:23:28 pm
      We should win this easily, I've gone for 3-0. Hopefully it doesn't get Ole fired.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #18: Oct 22, 2021 05:27:14 pm
      Would give Naby another start here but got a feeling he won't.  Other decision is Jota or Bobby and would go for Jota personally against a very slow CB partnership
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #19: Oct 22, 2021 05:29:10 pm
      Would give Naby another start here but got a feeling he won't.  Other decision is Jota or Bobby and would go for Jota personally against a very slow CB partnership

Baffling to suggest benching a player coming off of a hat trick.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #20: Oct 22, 2021 05:29:58 pm
      ;D If Ole brings his monopoly card you never know.  ;D

The article is poorly researched or doesnt explain what the rrcord entails, weve gone on a longer run then that and very recently to. Not sure if its in a calendar year or what or just wrong. Anyway whatever it is its not endung Sunday
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #21: Oct 22, 2021 05:31:27 pm
      Can Messi still do it at 36 like CR7? Remains to be seen but once again he's in a weaker league so still doubts  even if he does it in the French league.

I think after 2022 World Cup see Messi leave European football and go either MLS/Newells Old Boys, felt to me like the move to PSG was to let him play a high enough level to be sharp for his last pursuit of the World Cup. Only way Messi PSG sint is seen as success if he brings them UCL title (similar fashion to Ronaldo's move to Juventus in which would be seen as failure despite all the goals and couple Italian titles). Always a great debate as different people view different  achievement in different way. Personally I think if either one is successful in Qatar next winter that could put it to bed but until then arguments can be made for both sides.

Back to the game like to see the way we are scoring on the road can continue. I think their could be a few in this game the way both sides are playing (so expect 0-0) 😆

Personally see only change being Fabinho for Ketia. See if that XI can do the job and if we need more thrust and attacking through the middle we can bring him on. Other then that I expect the same line-up as we played midweek.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #22: Oct 22, 2021 05:41:31 pm
      Very tough game ahead. We won there last season without fans but generally at a full Old Trafford we've really struggled to impose ourselves in recent years.

I would go with Fab, Milner and Henderson in midfield, leave Ox and Keita on the bench in case we fall behind. Bobby to keep his place up top too. Could make the case of breaking the CB partnership up given how poor we've looked at the back but I think Jürgen will wait another week to do that.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #23: Oct 22, 2021 05:50:39 pm
      Baffling to suggest benching a player coming off of a hat trick.

Baffling to think I am benching him because of that . Read what I said its about their CB pair we are coming up against why does everything revolve around Bobby FFS you are only as good as your last game when he err didn't score a hat trick
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Oct 22, 2021 06:05:38 pm

Think put Messi in any league and he will still do it, you only have to look at the amount of goals he’s scored against English teams over the years. Out of him and Ronaldo, as good as Ronaldo is/was, he’s not as naturally gifted like Messi. For Messi it’s almost effortless and he hasn’t had to really bust his gut to get to that level, the same can’t be said for Ronaldo IMO. That’s not taking anything away from Ronaldo because he’s earned the right to be viewed as possibly the greatest ever player, I just think it’s not been a natural thing for him so has to keep working hard to stay at the highest level but is definitely showing signs of being on the decline now. I view Messi more like Zidane’s final years, just so effortless.

But that’s for a different topic and a different day. Regarding our game;

On paper we are comfortably the better team, likewise in terms of form. However, form goes out the window in these kind of matches and it doesn’t happen often for me, but I’m not overly confident about getting the win. Our defence has been very fragile of late, conceding far too many goals, usually multiple goals at that and I can’t see an attack as dangerous as Greenwood, Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford and potentially Fernandes if he’s fit, not getting on the scoresheet. Their defence is an absolute mess, arguably one of the worst in the league with the erratic and lazy decisions they make so I think we will score too.

Think this game could easily end 1-1 or 2-2. Hopefully we can do what we done last season and get the 3 points though. With the run of games the Chavs have coming up and City breathing down our necks, we can’t afford to be dropping yet more points.

Hopefully I’m wrong and we get the 3 points and it’s just pre match nerves.
      « Last Edit: Oct 22, 2021 06:13:13 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #25: Oct 22, 2021 06:20:51 pm
      Think put Messi in any league and he will still do it, you only have to look at the amount of goals he’s scored against English teams over the years. Out of him and Ronaldo, as good as Ronaldo is/was, he’s not as naturally gifted like Messi. For Messi it’s almost effortless and he hasn’t had to really bust his gut to get to that level, the same can’t be said for Ronaldo IMO. That’s not taking anything away from Ronaldo because he’s earned the right to be viewed as possibly the greatest ever player, I just think it’s not been a natural thing for him so has to keep working hard to stay at the highest level but is definitely showing signs of being on the decline now. I view Messi more like Zidane’s final years, just so effortless.

On paper we are comfortably the better team, likewise in terms of form. However, form goes out the window in these kind of matches and it doesn’t happen often for me, but I’m not overly confident about getting the win. Our defence has been very fragile of late, conceding far too many goals, usually multiple goals at that and I can’t see an attack as dangerous as Greenwood, Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford and potentially Fernandes if he’s fit, not getting on the scoresheet. Their defence is an absolute mess, arguably one of the worst in the league with the erratic and lazy decisions they make so I think we will score too.

Think this game could easily end 1-1 or 2-2. Hopefully we can do what we done last season and get the 3 points though. With the run of games the Chavs have coming up and City breathing down our necks, we can’t afford to be dropping yet more points.

Get were you are coming from positions in table mean nothing against these we have better side for what 6 or 7 years really and we have only won once I think in league . Going to be tricky and as you say can't see it being 0 -0 drab affair
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26: Oct 22, 2021 06:24:22 pm
      Got to go at these from the off on Sunday. We've shown them far too much respect at their place in recent meetings and are long overdue giving them a pasting in their own back yard.

I know we put four past them in this fixture last season, but it's a completely different ball game with supporters in the stadium. I took every result from 20-21 with a pinch of salt and apart from Alison's header I won't really look back at any moments from that campaign (victories included) with overly fond memories simply because of the environment they were played out in.

Seems as though they've bumbled through almost all of their fixtures so far this season and any victories they have had were won by the skin of their teeth, so they appear to be in prime position for a twatting off somebody and it might just be us. Although it's worth noting I've said near enough the same thing almost every time we've gone to Old Trafford in the last few years and it's still yet to happen 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: Oct 22, 2021 06:28:12 pm

Your views re Messi/Ronaldo almost the same as mine.

As for the game.
      The amount of goals United are conceding is a worry, and that's without DeGea playing well to date this season. I'll happily take the 1-1 or 2-2 if you offer it me KK  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #28: Oct 22, 2021 06:44:19 pm

3-1 Redmen..

Agree.

Think we need to score 2 or 3 here to win.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #29: Oct 22, 2021 06:53:08 pm
      Looking forward to the game but feel we never really do well at Old Trafford let's hope it's different this time
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #30: Oct 22, 2021 06:58:13 pm
      Jones back in full training now, wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a midfield of Jones, Hendo and Fab.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31: Oct 22, 2021 07:03:39 pm
      I know we put four past them in this fixture last season, but it's a completely different ball game with supporters in the stadium. I took every result from 20-21 with a pinch of salt and apart from Alison's header I won't really look back at any moments from that campaign (victories included) with overly fond memories simply because of the environment they were played out in.

Alisson's header and beating these with Williams and Phillips at the back after the Invasion we're about our only highlights of last season.

"Liverpool's achievements in recent seasons are what Man Utd are striving for" Basically Ole confirming those pricks will always be in our shadow.

Roll on Sunday.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #32: Oct 22, 2021 07:11:29 pm
      Form, league position, previous history, it all goes out of the window in games of this magnitude.

It's all about fight, passion, desire and converting your hatred of the opposition into a positive and dominant force!

Who wants it more? It will be us without a doubt! As long as we control the midfield the result isn't in doubt.

I fancy them to get a goal but i think we'll get at least three!
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #33: Oct 22, 2021 07:44:25 pm
      I predicted 5-2 to us. I think we'll slice through them time after time and press their clumsy defence into panic. They'll have chances too providing their talent is fit, but we function so much better. They usually go into coward mode against Klopp teams but with Ronaldo in the team they can't even play a counter game, they have to attack and we are far too good for them. If they play as I expect it might even be more than 5.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #34: Oct 22, 2021 09:11:24 pm
      On form it should be a win for us, by a couple of goals margin at least. Having said that form goes straight out of the window, especially playing away at OT.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35: Oct 22, 2021 10:40:03 pm
      Horrible place to go for us even though we somehow beat them last season with an outrageous back 4.

Their pitch is too big, with slopes going down the sides of the ground. The stadiums rotting and rusting away and if they didn't win in midweek they'd probably be donning their Norwich scarves banging on about the Glazers only spending a million a week on Ronaldos wage packet.

Basically any result is possible here, we could blow them away or they could pick us off on their cowardly counter attacking style. For any title ambitions we have to win some games against top 6 sides so this one would be nice.

Don't lose and I'll be happy enough. Always a real stressful game of footie this one for both sets of supporters no doubt.

Ronaldo might prod or head one in but not worried about him particularly. Rashford though looks really sharp since returning back into their side.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #36: Oct 22, 2021 11:04:07 pm
      I don't think they can play on the counter because Ronaldo isn't fast enough now. Their focus is to progress the ball so they can get it to Ronaldo in our box and to do that they take enormous risks and leave enormous gaps. I don't see how they can do anything else because the Ronaldo ego is everything. It seems tailor made for us unless they drop him.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: Oct 23, 2021 12:28:47 am
                 Ally
      TAA Matip VVD Robbo
      Hendo Fab Milner/Jones
      Salah Bob Mane

Back 5 picks itself.
      Between Jota/Bob for the front, think Bob must be favorite.
      Hendo/Fab in the middle plus one other - I'd go Jones if the lad is fit, have been impressed with him. Milly 2nd choice. Keita 3rd. Though Jürgen started Naby against Athletico, so maybe he's in with a shout for first XI here too.

Either way, can't underestimate Utd. Saw some of the Atalanta match, defensively ropey in the 1st half, but in saying that they still created enough good chances to be ahead at HT instead of 2 down, some poor misses. And they scored 3 in the 2nd anyway.  They have lot of options going forward, so need to be better at the back that we were at Madrid, or Ally might need to be MOTM again.

And Ole always seems to pull out some results when under most pressure to give himself a few more months. Kinda torn, do want him to stay, but wanna beat these pretty badly :)

At the back though they can be got at, and for our forwards this game comes at the right time. All of them chomping at the bit.

Looking forward to it, always a massive game, moreso for them as the minnow :)    COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: Oct 23, 2021 04:23:06 am
      I don't think they can play on the counter because Ronaldo isn't fast enough now. Their focus is to progress the ball so they can get it to Ronaldo in our box and to do that they take enormous risks and leave enormous gaps. I don't see how they can do anything else because the Ronaldo ego is everything. It seems tailor made for us unless they drop him.

War breaks out if CR7 doesn't start the game if fit.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Oct 23, 2021 04:27:30 am
      Always feel sick to the stomach with this fixture.

Jammy F***ing cu*ts!!

Let's hope we put another 4 past them!!!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #40: Oct 23, 2021 06:42:59 am
      Heart says 4-1, head says 1-1.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #41: Oct 23, 2021 09:40:59 am

Jammy f**king cu*ts!!

Me too, you know that c**t Ronaldo will get a couple
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #42: Oct 23, 2021 09:50:53 am
      Away to the mancs is the biggest fixture of the year every year for me. Always has and always will be. I never feel all that optimistic no matter the form of the 2 teams and tomorrow is no different. We've drawn 2 big games at home to the chavs and City so an away win at one of our rivals would certainly be a tonic.

We're certainly playing well this season and still unbeaten. As for them you simply don't know which team will turn up. They be absolutely woeful for 45 and then brilliant for the next 45.

I know one thing though, it always makes me feel good when I see Fred in the starting line-up. I know Naby gets some stick due to his price tag but this lad cost nearly as much and i think Djimi Traore was more comfortable on the ball!

I reckon it'll be a 2-2 draw myself.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43: Oct 23, 2021 10:01:12 am

Jammy f**king cu*ts!!

I'll have the sick bucket ready for you after the match  :f_tongueincheek:
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #44: Oct 23, 2021 10:33:22 am
      gollum will have these tw*ts super fired up for this game. We need to be able to better their desire.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Oct 23, 2021 11:27:06 am
      War breaks out if CR7 doesn't start the game if fit.

More like a quick pitch invasion, scrap with the bizzies and scream "YSB" at some empty coaches!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #46: Oct 23, 2021 11:29:53 am
      gollum will have these tw*ts super fired up for this game. We need to be able to better their desire.

Can't go using Gollum again when we literally christened Moyes with that moniker. Haven't an actual clue what to call him other tjan stealing a living :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #47: Oct 23, 2021 12:55:16 pm
      Even though we knew it would be the case, it’s not ideal going into this game 4 points behind the Chavs and in all likelihood 2 behind City.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #48: Oct 23, 2021 01:22:15 pm
      I strongly advise us not to beat them by more than 4 goals because that could make Ole being fired and we do not want that. As long as Gollum is the head coach this lot will be stuck at #20 and #3. I'd almost recommend to rest some guys against these clowns, but then just play it safe. Win and move on.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #49: Oct 23, 2021 01:25:14 pm
      I think Brighton are good for a draw. Chavs will win, but they gonna slip up soon enough. We win tomorrow and were in a good place, ready to go on a long undefeated run.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #50: Oct 23, 2021 04:12:57 pm
      Can't go using Gollum again when we literally christened Moyes with that moniker. Haven't an actual clue what to call him other tjan stealing a living :laugh:

Deagol? Cousin of Gollum.................

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #51: Oct 23, 2021 07:24:17 pm
      To no one's surprise Chelsea and City won, but even suckier than that is the 7 goal pickup in GD by Chelsea.

Need to impose our superiority tomorrow and make sure we leave OT with a win. They are so bang average that any dropped points should be considered a disappointment.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #52: Oct 23, 2021 08:48:53 pm
      To no one's surprise Chelsea and City won, but even suckier than that is the 7 goal pickup in GD by Chelsea.

Need to impose our superiority tomorrow and make sure we leave OT with a win. They are so bang average that any dropped points should be considered a disappointment.

Agree we need the won't but goal difference is very rarely a factor is it?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #53: Oct 23, 2021 09:39:13 pm
      There was already huge pressure on this game, as expected that’s now ramped up with Chavs and City winning.

I do prefer weeks like last when we play first, get the win and can relax knowing our job was done for another week.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #54: Oct 23, 2021 10:48:40 pm
      There was already huge pressure on this game, as expected that’s now ramped up with Chavs and City winning.

I do prefer weeks like last when we play first, get the win and can relax knowing our job was done for another week.

One thing I like about not being in the running to win the league is not feeling the pressure KK  ;D However, being in your shoes as well as many others is till the best place to be, that we least you know you have a chance. Us mere mortals is just another weekend  :(
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #55: Oct 23, 2021 10:56:03 pm
      Me too, you know that c**t Ronaldo will get a couple

A couple of elbows from Big Virg hopefully!  ;D

F**k if Ronaldo get's 2, Mo gets 3!!!

No stupid free kicks boys!!!!!!!!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #56: Oct 24, 2021 12:47:46 am
      One thing I like about not being in the running to win the league is not feeling the pressure KK  ;D However, being in your shoes as well as many others is till the best place to be, that we least you know you have a chance. Us mere mortals is just another weekend  :(

To be honest, I tend to have the same view regardless of whether this would be for trying to win the league, trying to get top 4 etc and relative to the teams we are competing with for whatever it is we are trying to achieve.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #57: Oct 24, 2021 02:53:36 am
      Back in May my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, and we named him Elliot.

His life was, sadly, a short one. Elliot lived for just thirteen days, having suffered a pre-birth brain hemorrhage that didn’t reveal itself until he was a couple of days old. Our lives won’t ever be the same but he did leave us with some gifts...

One of them was the 4-2 win at OT, which turned out to be the only match we’d ever get to watch together. I held him in my arms for the entire game - his mom had stepped out of the hospital briefly - and cheered with him as the goals tumbled in. What a memory.

Here’s to hoping they can do it again. This fixture will forevermore have a different shine to it for me.
      +20
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #58: Oct 24, 2021 03:45:25 am
      Back in May my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, and we named him Elliot.

His life was, sadly, a short one. Elliot lived for just thirteen days, having suffered a pre-birth brain hemorrhage that didn’t reveal itself until he was a couple of days old. Our lives won’t ever be the same but he did leave us with some gifts...

One of them was the 4-2 win at OT, which turned out to be the only match we’d ever get to watch together. I held him in my arms for the entire game - his mom had stepped out of the hospital briefly - and cheered with him as the goals tumbled in. What a memory.

Here’s to hoping they can do it again. This fixture will forevermore have a different shine to it for me.

What a lovely memory. The time you had together was precious and I hope you and your wife are coping as best as you can in such difficult circumstances .YNWA
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #59: Oct 24, 2021 06:45:29 am

Heart goes out to you mate! Here’s hoping the boys can do it all again for him!

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #60: Oct 24, 2021 08:13:11 am

Not sure what to say. Completely understand what you mean about the connection with certain games through incrediblly tough circumstances. YNWA mate.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      Reply #61: Oct 24, 2021 08:45:03 am
      If we win, we eliminate Utd from the title race early on and keep fighting against the two blues.

We are full team (except Thiago and Elliott) with our backbone all fit and I expect nothing less than a draw at their ground.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #62: Oct 24, 2021 08:50:44 am
      Scrappy 1 nil or a world class 5 nil job I dont care once we puyt them in there place

COME ON REDMEN
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #63: Oct 24, 2021 09:19:54 am
      If we win, we eliminate Utd from the title race early on and keep fighting against the two blues.

Surprised you had us in the running.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #64: Oct 24, 2021 09:36:41 am
      Away form has been very impressive, expecting us to win, Ronaldo only needs half a chance, so hopefully Virgil can keep him in his pocket like he did Lukkaku, 3-1 to the mighty reds 😊💪
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #65: Oct 24, 2021 10:19:41 am

Heartbreaking  & devastating to say the least
      I’m sure the reds will do the business today
      Stay strong mate.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #66: Oct 24, 2021 10:53:50 am

Sorry to hear that pal.

Hopefully the reds can win today. YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #67: Oct 24, 2021 11:06:55 am

Incredible mixed feelings for you and your wife today then. So sorry to hear about your terrible loss. I hope the reds manage to put a small smile on your face today mate. All thinking of the three of you later on. Y N W A
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #68: Oct 24, 2021 11:41:47 am
      Anthony Taylor is reffing this one. I'm not massive into blaming referees or thinking they all hate us but there is no way in hell he grew up in Wythenshawe during Uniteds rise to the top and supported Altrincham.

My mate is a United fan and referee at conference and u23 level. He's been linesman at United u23s a few times because its down on his form he supports Bury.

Its well known in refereeing circles who Taylor supports so I just hope he calls the game fairly.

Im sure hes taken this game a few times now but the bloke is a manc and a red one at that. Have to hope he blocks that out with the world watching.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #69: Oct 24, 2021 12:05:21 pm

Jeez that just got me , all the best to you and your Mrs , hope your little shining star is looking in on you today may his star forever burn bright ❤️
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #70: Oct 24, 2021 12:13:23 pm
      Dreading this for some reason, it’s a 1-1 game all over… we’ll dominate possession and have chance after chance, but fear we’ll be left frustrated. If there’s a winner it’s on a bad decision and with todays ref that only falls one way unfortunately.

Hopefully I’m proven wrong badly.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #71: Oct 24, 2021 12:19:08 pm
      I strongly advise us not to beat them by more than 4 goals because that could make Ole being fired and we do not want that. As long as Gollum is the head coach this lot will be stuck at #20 and #3. I'd almost recommend to rest some guys against these clowns, but then just play it safe. Win and move on.

Sssssshhhhhhhhhh.

Ole staying is a laugh, but I hope we F***ing humiliate them.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #72: Oct 24, 2021 01:08:54 pm
      Biggest thing is to go right at them. Us being cagey suits THEM. It's alright if we concede a chance or two, but keep them on the back foot. We have a strong attack. Let's use it..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #73: Oct 24, 2021 01:20:54 pm

Aw mate, my heart goes out to you and your wife, happy you had those special moments with little Elliot as brief as they were, no one of course will understand your pain but I hope through time that will ease so you can treasure those memories,

I’m sure if Jürgen and the boys had heard of this they would put extra effort in for you, I’m confident though that they won’t need extra motivation to get the job done, we will win today I have absolute no doubts about it at all, and 2-4 will do for me .

Y  N  W  A

BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #74: Oct 24, 2021 01:23:02 pm

Aw mate, my heart goes out to you and your wife, happy you had those special moments with little Elliot as brief as they were, no one of course will understand your pain but I hope through time that will ease so you can treasure those memories,

I’m sure if Jürgen and the boys had heard of this they would put extra effort in for you, I’m confident though that they won’t need extra motivation to get the job done, we will win today I have absolute no doubts about it at all, and 2-4 will do for me .
                                                                             Y  N  W  A

Thank you Bill, that scoreline would do, life really can be poetic!
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #75: Oct 24, 2021 01:23:47 pm
      Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words; it means a lot to me that a few of you now know about my little guy.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #76: Oct 24, 2021 01:40:29 pm
      Any win will do for me today, especially away. Think they will raise their game but with our forwards in such good form, I hope we can sink them on their home ground
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      Reply #77: Oct 24, 2021 02:06:02 pm
      Surprised you had us in the running.

With Ronaldo and Sancho signings, yes you are. You're not because of your PE Teacher.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #78: Oct 24, 2021 02:12:26 pm

Here’s to Elliot 🍻 - that brave little hero. Gone but not forgotten x
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #79: Oct 24, 2021 02:30:06 pm
      Absolutely hate this game, males me on edge for ages and the thought of defeat doesn't bear thinking about. Come on redmen
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      Reply #80: Oct 24, 2021 02:38:41 pm
      Ynwa Elliot Bostonscouse's son. This one is for you ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #81: Oct 24, 2021 02:41:09 pm
      Everyone has a ho at var for one reason or another.
      I’m thinking it could protect us from the Manc Taylor today !
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #82: Oct 24, 2021 02:48:34 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss BostonScouse. Both you and your partner stay strong for each other, i will pray for you all. Know that Elliot is in a wonderful place and is no doubt looking down on us all and sending blessings.

Know you will both meet him again someday, until then, you cherish those memories, those moments in time, they are priceless.

May God Bless You All.

If you could get Elliot to maybe send some blessings to Klopp and the boys it would be appreciated.  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #83: Oct 24, 2021 02:52:46 pm
      Nail biting stuff today… & I don’t mean Paul Scholes chewing on his daughters Toes… 😳

2-1 to the Redmen..
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #84: Oct 24, 2021 02:53:07 pm
      Ole's at the wheel!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #85: Oct 24, 2021 02:55:50 pm
      Nail biting stuff today… & I don’t mean Paul Scholes chewing on his daughters Toes… 😳

2-1 to the Redmen..

Weird stuff that!

We're much the better squad and a far more coherent side.

On form this should be a given but never is in these games.

Would love the lads to really take control and show how much better we really are.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #86: Oct 24, 2021 03:02:52 pm
      Getting nervous now COYR
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #87: Oct 24, 2021 03:19:06 pm
      With Ronaldo and Sancho signings, yes you are. You're not because of your PE Teacher.

You certainly got that right  :lmao:
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #88: Oct 24, 2021 03:20:34 pm
      Hearing no Fab or matip . Konate and Keita
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #89: Oct 24, 2021 03:23:47 pm
      Hearing no Fab or matip . Konate and Keita

Why’s that?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #90: Oct 24, 2021 03:27:14 pm
      Guess we will find out in 3 mins.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #91: Oct 24, 2021 03:27:31 pm

No idea hoping it's BS especially Fab
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #92: Oct 24, 2021 03:27:58 pm
      Apparently it’s

Alisson
      TAA
      Konate
      VVD
      Robbo

Henderson
      Milner
      Keita

Jota
      Firmino
      Mo
      Don77

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #93: Oct 24, 2021 03:30:15 pm
      Apparently it’s

Alisson
      TAA
      Konate
      VVD
      Robbo

Henderson
      Milner
      Keita

Jota
      Firmino
      Mo

No sadio? That can't be right. Today is not the day to leave out Mane nor Matip and fabinho.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #94: Oct 24, 2021 03:31:02 pm
      No idea hoping it's BS especially Fab

Same here. 3 games in a week for Milner would be a concern.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #95: Oct 24, 2021 03:33:06 pm

Very sorry for your loss, life deals some pretty tough hands, but what a lovely memory to have.
      Hope you and your wife are doing OK.
      Would settle for a repeat of that scoreline today :)

Quick Reply