Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 24th Oct 16:30

Read 6099 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Re: Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 24th Oct 16:30
      Reply #23: Oct 22, 2021 05:50:39 pm
      Baffling to suggest benching a player coming off of a hat trick.

Baffling to think I am benching him because of that . Read what I said its about their CB pair we are coming up against why does everything revolve around Bobby FFS you are only as good as your last game when he err didn't score a hat trick
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Oct 22, 2021 06:05:38 pm
      Can Messi still do it at 36 like CR7? Remains to be seen but once again he's in a weaker league so still doubts  even if he does it in the French league.

Think put Messi in any league and he will still do it, you only have to look at the amount of goals he’s scored against English teams over the years. Out of him and Ronaldo, as good as Ronaldo is/was, he’s not as naturally gifted like Messi. For Messi it’s almost effortless and he hasn’t had to really bust his gut to get to that level, the same can’t be said for Ronaldo IMO. That’s not taking anything away from Ronaldo because he’s earned the right to be viewed as possibly the greatest ever player, I just think it’s not been a natural thing for him so has to keep working hard to stay at the highest level but is definitely showing signs of being on the decline now. I view Messi more like Zidane’s final years, just so effortless.

But that’s for a different topic and a different day. Regarding our game;

On paper we are comfortably the better team, likewise in terms of form. However, form goes out the window in these kind of matches and it doesn’t happen often for me, but I’m not overly confident about getting the win. Our defence has been very fragile of late, conceding far too many goals, usually multiple goals at that and I can’t see an attack as dangerous as Greenwood, Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford and potentially Fernandes if he’s fit, not getting on the scoresheet. Their defence is an absolute mess, arguably one of the worst in the league with the erratic and lazy decisions they make so I think we will score too.

Think this game could easily end 1-1 or 2-2. Hopefully we can do what we done last season and get the 3 points though. With the run of games the Chavs have coming up and City breathing down our necks, we can’t afford to be dropping yet more points.

Hopefully I’m wrong and we get the 3 points and it’s just pre match nerves.
      « Last Edit: Oct 22, 2021 06:13:13 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #25: Oct 22, 2021 06:20:51 pm
      Think put Messi in any league and he will still do it, you only have to look at the amount of goals he’s scored against English teams over the years. Out of him and Ronaldo, as good as Ronaldo is/was, he’s not as naturally gifted like Messi. For Messi it’s almost effortless and he hasn’t had to really bust his gut to get to that level, the same can’t be said for Ronaldo IMO. That’s not taking anything away from Ronaldo because he’s earned the right to be viewed as possibly the greatest ever player, I just think it’s not been a natural thing for him so has to keep working hard to stay at the highest level but is definitely showing signs of being on the decline now. I view Messi more like Zidane’s final years, just so effortless.

On paper we are comfortably the better team, likewise in terms of form. However, form goes out the window in these kind of matches and it doesn’t happen often for me, but I’m not overly confident about getting the win. Our defence has been very fragile of late, conceding far too many goals, usually multiple goals at that and I can’t see an attack as dangerous as Greenwood, Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford and potentially Fernandes if he’s fit, not getting on the scoresheet. Their defence is an absolute mess, arguably one of the worst in the league with the erratic and lazy decisions they make so I think we will score too.

Think this game could easily end 1-1 or 2-2. Hopefully we can do what we done last season and get the 3 points though. With the run of games the Chavs have coming up and City breathing down our necks, we can’t afford to be dropping yet more points.

Get were you are coming from positions in table mean nothing against these we have better side for what 6 or 7 years really and we have only won once I think in league . Going to be tricky and as you say can't see it being 0 -0 drab affair
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26: Oct 22, 2021 06:24:22 pm
      Got to go at these from the off on Sunday. We've shown them far too much respect at their place in recent meetings and are long overdue giving them a pasting in their own back yard.

I know we put four past them in this fixture last season, but it's a completely different ball game with supporters in the stadium. I took every result from 20-21 with a pinch of salt and apart from Alison's header I won't really look back at any moments from that campaign (victories included) with overly fond memories simply because of the environment they were played out in.

Seems as though they've bumbled through almost all of their fixtures so far this season and any victories they have had were won by the skin of their teeth, so they appear to be in prime position for a twatting off somebody and it might just be us. Although it's worth noting I've said near enough the same thing almost every time we've gone to Old Trafford in the last few years and it's still yet to happen 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: Oct 22, 2021 06:28:12 pm

Your views re Messi/Ronaldo almost the same as mine.

As for the game.
      The amount of goals United are conceding is a worry, and that's without DeGea playing well to date this season. I'll happily take the 1-1 or 2-2 if you offer it me KK  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #28: Oct 22, 2021 06:44:19 pm
      Keita has to start alongside Fabinho & Henderson in midfield for me.. rest picks itself..

3-1 Redmen..

Agree.

Think we need to score 2 or 3 here to win.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #29: Oct 22, 2021 06:53:08 pm
      Looking forward to the game but feel we never really do well at Old Trafford let's hope it's different this time
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30: Oct 22, 2021 06:58:13 pm
      Jones back in full training now, wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a midfield of Jones, Hendo and Fab.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31: Oct 22, 2021 07:03:39 pm
      I know we put four past them in this fixture last season, but it's a completely different ball game with supporters in the stadium. I took every result from 20-21 with a pinch of salt and apart from Alison's header I won't really look back at any moments from that campaign (victories included) with overly fond memories simply because of the environment they were played out in.

Alisson's header and beating these with Williams and Phillips at the back after the Invasion we're about our only highlights of last season.

"Liverpool's achievements in recent seasons are what Man Utd are striving for" Basically Ole confirming those pricks will always be in our shadow.

Roll on Sunday.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #32: Oct 22, 2021 07:11:29 pm
      Form, league position, previous history, it all goes out of the window in games of this magnitude.

It's all about fight, passion, desire and converting your hatred of the opposition into a positive and dominant force!

Who wants it more? It will be us without a doubt! As long as we control the midfield the result isn't in doubt.

I fancy them to get a goal but i think we'll get at least three!
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #33: Oct 22, 2021 07:44:25 pm
      I predicted 5-2 to us. I think we'll slice through them time after time and press their clumsy defence into panic. They'll have chances too providing their talent is fit, but we function so much better. They usually go into coward mode against Klopp teams but with Ronaldo in the team they can't even play a counter game, they have to attack and we are far too good for them. If they play as I expect it might even be more than 5.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #34: Oct 22, 2021 09:11:24 pm
      On form it should be a win for us, by a couple of goals margin at least. Having said that form goes straight out of the window, especially playing away at OT.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35: Oct 22, 2021 10:40:03 pm
      Horrible place to go for us even though we somehow beat them last season with an outrageous back 4.

Their pitch is too big, with slopes going down the sides of the ground. The stadiums rotting and rusting away and if they didn't win in midweek they'd probably be donning their Norwich scarves banging on about the Glazers only spending a million a week on Ronaldos wage packet.

Basically any result is possible here, we could blow them away or they could pick us off on their cowardly counter attacking style. For any title ambitions we have to win some games against top 6 sides so this one would be nice.

Don't lose and I'll be happy enough. Always a real stressful game of footie this one for both sets of supporters no doubt.

Ronaldo might prod or head one in but not worried about him particularly. Rashford though looks really sharp since returning back into their side.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #36: Oct 22, 2021 11:04:07 pm
      I don't think they can play on the counter because Ronaldo isn't fast enough now. Their focus is to progress the ball so they can get it to Ronaldo in our box and to do that they take enormous risks and leave enormous gaps. I don't see how they can do anything else because the Ronaldo ego is everything. It seems tailor made for us unless they drop him.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: Oct 23, 2021 12:28:47 am
                 Ally
      TAA Matip VVD Robbo
      Hendo Fab Milner/Jones
      Salah Bob Mane

Back 5 picks itself.
      Between Jota/Bob for the front, think Bob must be favorite.
      Hendo/Fab in the middle plus one other - I'd go Jones if the lad is fit, have been impressed with him. Milly 2nd choice. Keita 3rd. Though Jürgen started Naby against Athletico, so maybe he's in with a shout for first XI here too.

Either way, can't underestimate Utd. Saw some of the Atalanta match, defensively ropey in the 1st half, but in saying that they still created enough good chances to be ahead at HT instead of 2 down, some poor misses. And they scored 3 in the 2nd anyway.  They have lot of options going forward, so need to be better at the back that we were at Madrid, or Ally might need to be MOTM again.

And Ole always seems to pull out some results when under most pressure to give himself a few more months. Kinda torn, do want him to stay, but wanna beat these pretty badly :)

At the back though they can be got at, and for our forwards this game comes at the right time. All of them chomping at the bit.

Looking forward to it, always a massive game, moreso for them as the minnow :)    COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: Oct 23, 2021 04:23:06 am
      I don't think they can play on the counter because Ronaldo isn't fast enough now. Their focus is to progress the ball so they can get it to Ronaldo in our box and to do that they take enormous risks and leave enormous gaps. I don't see how they can do anything else because the Ronaldo ego is everything. It seems tailor made for us unless they drop him.

War breaks out if CR7 doesn't start the game if fit.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Oct 23, 2021 04:27:30 am
      Always feel sick to the stomach with this fixture.

Jammy F***ing cu*ts!!

Let's hope we put another 4 past them!!!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #40: Oct 23, 2021 06:42:59 am
      Heart says 4-1, head says 1-1.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #41: Oct 23, 2021 09:40:59 am

Jammy f**king cu*ts!!

Me too, you know that c**t Ronaldo will get a couple
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #42: Oct 23, 2021 09:50:53 am
      Away to the mancs is the biggest fixture of the year every year for me. Always has and always will be. I never feel all that optimistic no matter the form of the 2 teams and tomorrow is no different. We've drawn 2 big games at home to the chavs and City so an away win at one of our rivals would certainly be a tonic.

We're certainly playing well this season and still unbeaten. As for them you simply don't know which team will turn up. They be absolutely woeful for 45 and then brilliant for the next 45.

I know one thing though, it always makes me feel good when I see Fred in the starting line-up. I know Naby gets some stick due to his price tag but this lad cost nearly as much and i think Djimi Traore was more comfortable on the ball!

I reckon it'll be a 2-2 draw myself.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43: Oct 23, 2021 10:01:12 am

Jammy f**king cu*ts!!

I'll have the sick bucket ready for you after the match  :f_tongueincheek:
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #44: Oct 23, 2021 10:33:22 am
      gollum will have these tw*ts super fired up for this game. We need to be able to better their desire.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Oct 23, 2021 11:27:06 am
      War breaks out if CR7 doesn't start the game if fit.

More like a quick pitch invasion, scrap with the bizzies and scream "YSB" at some empty coaches!!

Quick Reply