Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 24th Oct 16:30

Read 6095 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 24th Oct 16:30
      Reply #46: Oct 23, 2021 11:29:53 am
      gollum will have these tw*ts super fired up for this game. We need to be able to better their desire.

Can't go using Gollum again when we literally christened Moyes with that moniker. Haven't an actual clue what to call him other tjan stealing a living :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: Oct 23, 2021 12:55:16 pm
      Even though we knew it would be the case, it’s not ideal going into this game 4 points behind the Chavs and in all likelihood 2 behind City.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #48: Oct 23, 2021 01:22:15 pm
      I strongly advise us not to beat them by more than 4 goals because that could make Ole being fired and we do not want that. As long as Gollum is the head coach this lot will be stuck at #20 and #3. I'd almost recommend to rest some guys against these clowns, but then just play it safe. Win and move on.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #49: Oct 23, 2021 01:25:14 pm
      I think Brighton are good for a draw. Chavs will win, but they gonna slip up soon enough. We win tomorrow and were in a good place, ready to go on a long undefeated run.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #50: Oct 23, 2021 04:12:57 pm
      Can't go using Gollum again when we literally christened Moyes with that moniker. Haven't an actual clue what to call him other tjan stealing a living :laugh:

Deagol? Cousin of Gollum.................

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #51: Oct 23, 2021 07:24:17 pm
      To no one's surprise Chelsea and City won, but even suckier than that is the 7 goal pickup in GD by Chelsea.

Need to impose our superiority tomorrow and make sure we leave OT with a win. They are so bang average that any dropped points should be considered a disappointment.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #52: Oct 23, 2021 08:48:53 pm
      To no one's surprise Chelsea and City won, but even suckier than that is the 7 goal pickup in GD by Chelsea.

Need to impose our superiority tomorrow and make sure we leave OT with a win. They are so bang average that any dropped points should be considered a disappointment.

Agree we need the won't but goal difference is very rarely a factor is it?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #53: Oct 23, 2021 09:39:13 pm
      There was already huge pressure on this game, as expected that’s now ramped up with Chavs and City winning.

I do prefer weeks like last when we play first, get the win and can relax knowing our job was done for another week.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #54: Oct 23, 2021 10:48:40 pm
      There was already huge pressure on this game, as expected that’s now ramped up with Chavs and City winning.

I do prefer weeks like last when we play first, get the win and can relax knowing our job was done for another week.

One thing I like about not being in the running to win the league is not feeling the pressure KK  ;D However, being in your shoes as well as many others is till the best place to be, that we least you know you have a chance. Us mere mortals is just another weekend  :(
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #55: Oct 23, 2021 10:56:03 pm
      Me too, you know that c**t Ronaldo will get a couple

A couple of elbows from Big Virg hopefully!  ;D

F**k if Ronaldo get's 2, Mo gets 3!!!

No stupid free kicks boys!!!!!!!!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #56: Oct 24, 2021 12:47:46 am
      One thing I like about not being in the running to win the league is not feeling the pressure KK  ;D However, being in your shoes as well as many others is till the best place to be, that we least you know you have a chance. Us mere mortals is just another weekend  :(

To be honest, I tend to have the same view regardless of whether this would be for trying to win the league, trying to get top 4 etc and relative to the teams we are competing with for whatever it is we are trying to achieve.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #57: Oct 24, 2021 02:53:36 am
      Back in May my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, and we named him Elliot.

His life was, sadly, a short one. Elliot lived for just thirteen days, having suffered a pre-birth brain hemorrhage that didn’t reveal itself until he was a couple of days old. Our lives won’t ever be the same but he did leave us with some gifts...

One of them was the 4-2 win at OT, which turned out to be the only match we’d ever get to watch together. I held him in my arms for the entire game - his mom had stepped out of the hospital briefly - and cheered with him as the goals tumbled in. What a memory.

Here’s to hoping they can do it again. This fixture will forevermore have a different shine to it for me.
      +20
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #58: Oct 24, 2021 03:45:25 am
      Back in May my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, and we named him Elliot.

His life was, sadly, a short one. Elliot lived for just thirteen days, having suffered a pre-birth brain hemorrhage that didn’t reveal itself until he was a couple of days old. Our lives won’t ever be the same but he did leave us with some gifts...

One of them was the 4-2 win at OT, which turned out to be the only match we’d ever get to watch together. I held him in my arms for the entire game - his mom had stepped out of the hospital briefly - and cheered with him as the goals tumbled in. What a memory.

Here’s to hoping they can do it again. This fixture will forevermore have a different shine to it for me.

What a lovely memory. The time you had together was precious and I hope you and your wife are coping as best as you can in such difficult circumstances .YNWA
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #59: Oct 24, 2021 06:45:29 am

Heart goes out to you mate! Here’s hoping the boys can do it all again for him!

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #60: Oct 24, 2021 08:13:11 am

Not sure what to say. Completely understand what you mean about the connection with certain games through incrediblly tough circumstances. YNWA mate.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #61: Oct 24, 2021 08:45:03 am
      If we win, we eliminate Utd from the title race early on and keep fighting against the two blues.

We are full team (except Thiago and Elliott) with our backbone all fit and I expect nothing less than a draw at their ground.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #62: Oct 24, 2021 08:50:44 am
      Scrappy 1 nil or a world class 5 nil job I dont care once we puyt them in there place

COME ON REDMEN
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #63: Oct 24, 2021 09:19:54 am
      If we win, we eliminate Utd from the title race early on and keep fighting against the two blues.

Surprised you had us in the running.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #64: Oct 24, 2021 09:36:41 am
      Away form has been very impressive, expecting us to win, Ronaldo only needs half a chance, so hopefully Virgil can keep him in his pocket like he did Lukkaku, 3-1 to the mighty reds 😊💪
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #65: Oct 24, 2021 10:19:41 am

Heartbreaking  & devastating to say the least
      I’m sure the reds will do the business today
      Stay strong mate.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #66: Oct 24, 2021 10:53:50 am

Sorry to hear that pal.

Hopefully the reds can win today. YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #67: Oct 24, 2021 11:06:55 am

Incredible mixed feelings for you and your wife today then. So sorry to hear about your terrible loss. I hope the reds manage to put a small smile on your face today mate. All thinking of the three of you later on. Y N W A
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #68: Oct 24, 2021 11:41:47 am
      Anthony Taylor is reffing this one. I'm not massive into blaming referees or thinking they all hate us but there is no way in hell he grew up in Wythenshawe during Uniteds rise to the top and supported Altrincham.

My mate is a United fan and referee at conference and u23 level. He's been linesman at United u23s a few times because its down on his form he supports Bury.

Its well known in refereeing circles who Taylor supports so I just hope he calls the game fairly.

Im sure hes taken this game a few times now but the bloke is a manc and a red one at that. Have to hope he blocks that out with the world watching.

Quick Reply