Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 24th Oct 16:30

Read 6094 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 24th Oct 16:30
      Reply #69: Oct 24, 2021 12:05:21 pm
      Back in May my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, and we named him Elliot.

His life was, sadly, a short one. Elliot lived for just thirteen days, having suffered a pre-birth brain hemorrhage that didn’t reveal itself until he was a couple of days old. Our lives won’t ever be the same but he did leave us with some gifts...

One of them was the 4-2 win at OT, which turned out to be the only match we’d ever get to watch together. I held him in my arms for the entire game - his mom had stepped out of the hospital briefly - and cheered with him as the goals tumbled in. What a memory.

Here’s to hoping they can do it again. This fixture will forevermore have a different shine to it for me.
      Jeez that just got me , all the best to you and your Mrs , hope your little shining star is looking in on you today may his star forever burn bright ❤️
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #70: Oct 24, 2021 12:13:23 pm
      Dreading this for some reason, it’s a 1-1 game all over… we’ll dominate possession and have chance after chance, but fear we’ll be left frustrated. If there’s a winner it’s on a bad decision and with todays ref that only falls one way unfortunately.

Hopefully I’m proven wrong badly.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #71: Oct 24, 2021 12:19:08 pm
      I strongly advise us not to beat them by more than 4 goals because that could make Ole being fired and we do not want that. As long as Gollum is the head coach this lot will be stuck at #20 and #3. I'd almost recommend to rest some guys against these clowns, but then just play it safe. Win and move on.

Sssssshhhhhhhhhh.

Ole staying is a laugh, but I hope we F***ing humiliate them.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #72: Oct 24, 2021 01:08:54 pm
      Biggest thing is to go right at them. Us being cagey suits THEM. It's alright if we concede a chance or two, but keep them on the back foot. We have a strong attack. Let's use it..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #73: Oct 24, 2021 01:20:54 pm
      Back in May my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, and we named him Elliot.

His life was, sadly, a short one. Elliot lived for just thirteen days, having suffered a pre-birth brain hemorrhage that didn’t reveal itself until he was a couple of days old. Our lives won’t ever be the same but he did leave us with some gifts...

One of them was the 4-2 win at OT, which turned out to be the only match we’d ever get to watch together. I held him in my arms for the entire game - his mom had stepped out of the hospital briefly - and cheered with him as the goals tumbled in. What a memory.

Here’s to hoping they can do it again. This fixture will forevermore have a different shine to it for me.

Aw mate, my heart goes out to you and your wife, happy you had those special moments with little Elliot as brief as they were, no one of course will understand your pain but I hope through time that will ease so you can treasure those memories,

I’m sure if Jürgen and the boys had heard of this they would put extra effort in for you, I’m confident though that they won’t need extra motivation to get the job done, we will win today I have absolute no doubts about it at all, and 2-4 will do for me .

Y  N  W  A

BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #74: Oct 24, 2021 01:23:02 pm

Aw mate, my heart goes out to you and your wife, happy you had those special moments with little Elliot as brief as they were, no one of course will understand your pain but I hope through time that will ease so you can treasure those memories,

I’m sure if Jürgen and the boys had heard of this they would put extra effort in for you, I’m confident though that they won’t need extra motivation to get the job done, we will win today I have absolute no doubts about it at all, and 2-4 will do for me .
                                                                             Y  N  W  A

Thank you Bill, that scoreline would do, life really can be poetic!
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #75: Oct 24, 2021 01:23:47 pm
      Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words; it means a lot to me that a few of you now know about my little guy.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #76: Oct 24, 2021 01:40:29 pm
      Any win will do for me today, especially away. Think they will raise their game but with our forwards in such good form, I hope we can sink them on their home ground
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #77: Oct 24, 2021 02:06:02 pm
      Surprised you had us in the running.

With Ronaldo and Sancho signings, yes you are. You're not because of your PE Teacher.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #78: Oct 24, 2021 02:12:26 pm

Here’s to Elliot 🍻 - that brave little hero. Gone but not forgotten x
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #79: Oct 24, 2021 02:30:06 pm
      Absolutely hate this game, males me on edge for ages and the thought of defeat doesn't bear thinking about. Come on redmen
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #80: Oct 24, 2021 02:38:41 pm
      Ynwa Elliot Bostonscouse's son. This one is for you ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #81: Oct 24, 2021 02:41:09 pm
      Everyone has a ho at var for one reason or another.
      I’m thinking it could protect us from the Manc Taylor today !
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #82: Oct 24, 2021 02:48:34 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss BostonScouse. Both you and your partner stay strong for each other, i will pray for you all. Know that Elliot is in a wonderful place and is no doubt looking down on us all and sending blessings.

Know you will both meet him again someday, until then, you cherish those memories, those moments in time, they are priceless.

May God Bless You All.

If you could get Elliot to maybe send some blessings to Klopp and the boys it would be appreciated.  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #83: Oct 24, 2021 02:52:46 pm
      Nail biting stuff today… & I don’t mean Paul Scholes chewing on his daughters Toes… 😳

2-1 to the Redmen..
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #84: Oct 24, 2021 02:53:07 pm
      Ole's at the wheel!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #85: Oct 24, 2021 02:55:50 pm
      Nail biting stuff today… & I don’t mean Paul Scholes chewing on his daughters Toes… 😳

2-1 to the Redmen..

Weird stuff that!

We're much the better squad and a far more coherent side.

On form this should be a given but never is in these games.

Would love the lads to really take control and show how much better we really are.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #86: Oct 24, 2021 03:02:52 pm
      Getting nervous now COYR
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #87: Oct 24, 2021 03:19:06 pm
      With Ronaldo and Sancho signings, yes you are. You're not because of your PE Teacher.

You certainly got that right  :lmao:
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #88: Oct 24, 2021 03:20:34 pm
      Hearing no Fab or matip . Konate and Keita
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #89: Oct 24, 2021 03:23:47 pm