Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson Becker
      2 (1.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      1 (0.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      10 (9.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      90 (84.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.9%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Oct 28, 2021 06:24:44 pm

Manchester United 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19586 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Manchester United 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Oct 24, 2021 11:01:24 pm
      Big shoutout to the travelling Reds, You were awsome again Peeps, even getting that sh*t about murders.  You are class, which is not what Man U stand for, hope you revelled that score. Keep safe
      YNWA

They were brilliant today.

But all the talk on the TV was about the brilliant Utd fans who bellowed out their Tory songbook and praise for the sun newspaper.. because 50% of them stayed til the end to boo the team off
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #691: Oct 24, 2021 11:08:55 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #692: Oct 24, 2021 11:11:27 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #693: Oct 24, 2021 11:16:16 pm
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #694: Oct 24, 2021 11:18:22 pm
      No Matip, no Mané, no Fabinho.

They said our squad was thin
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #695: Oct 24, 2021 11:44:49 pm
      No Matip, no Mané, no Fabinho.

They said our squad was thin

No Thiago and no Elliott either.

Goals at OT in 2021 -
      Ronaldo 4 in 6 games
      Salah 6 in 3 games
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #696: Oct 25, 2021 12:39:42 am
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #697: Oct 25, 2021 01:13:40 am
      Been awhile since I popped in here.

Gotta say, the last few years have provided far more happy 2am wake up wins than the previous 15 had by and large, but bloody hell - that was right up there with the very best. Glad I have the Monday off here as I'm absolutely knackered, but in the best possible way after that.

Amazing to me was just how anaemic United looked, beyond a few half chances. Ronaldo's only touches were an offside goal & being a proper c**t when Curtis had pantsed him on the byline. Bruno just sulked most of the game, Greenwood and Rashford blazing from afar, midfield was all at sea, Maguire about as well positioned as Paul Scholes in Instagram videos.

But the best thing about that is, so many times it wouldn't mean much - in the past we have played with a tentative respect, which is understandable being the dangerous players they have over the years, they can always snag one. The difference today? We are so f**king good right now, so brimming with confidence, that we clearly said f**k it - they may score 1, but we'll score 5. And we bloody did. And their one was ruled off for offside :lmao:

Brilliant one touch passing, positioning, hustle off the ball, clinical finishing, incisive runs, and great defending by and large to restrict them to half chances. We were an absolute machine. It could have been more, but to be honest it was just as embarrassing for them watching in the 75th minute with us passing around comfortably in their half while they were on their heels, barely moving to close the ball down, completely and utterly defeated, with half their fans already on their way back home. F**kin suck it you tw*ts.

We've been pretty blessed in the Jürgen era with some all time "you'll tell your grandkids about that one" results - that one goes right into that pantheon. Brilliant stuff.

EDIT: Completely forgot to mention, but Mo. Wow. Think he's finally gone clear in my "all time best" list in my own head. A hat-trick at Old Trafford right when the world is already chatting about how great you are, just takes it to another level. Running out of words, he just continues to excel in the biggest moments.

hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #698: Oct 25, 2021 02:27:54 am
      Well well.. What a result. The longer we play like this the more I'm gona miss our boss Jürgen Klopp. I apologise for my words but what a coach what a boss we have. He will go down in history as one of the very best. Drink it in boys and girls cos we have something special... YNWA..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #699: Oct 25, 2021 08:09:26 am
      Still absolutely buzzing this morning!

To all those working with Mancs today - enjoy!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #700: Oct 25, 2021 09:24:06 am
      I still don't see how Harry Maguire was sold for 80 million. I don't think he's worth 8 million.

Any game I've seen him in he's been absolutely terrible and would look out of place in the championship.

And to be made captain? Laughable
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #701: Oct 25, 2021 10:31:27 am
      I still don't see how Harry Maguire was sold for 80 million. I don't think he's worth 8 million.

Any game I've seen him in he's been absolutely terrible and would look out of place in the championship.

And to be made captain? Laughable

The last 3 games he has looked like a Conference league player, 80m....wow more than Virgil
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #702: Oct 25, 2021 10:42:48 am
      Bank Holiday in Liverpool today...enjoy....
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #703: Oct 25, 2021 10:43:46 am
      Ahhh. The sky is blue. The birds are singing. And we've humiliated the Mutants 5-0 :)   This doesn't get old.
      Kitty
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 115 
      Reply #704: Oct 25, 2021 10:49:40 am
      Ronaldo's disgraceful kick out.. when the ball is lodged against a player like that, booting the "ball" is the same as booting the player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZyBM2NGNr0
      Having watched this it's not hard to conclude that Ronaldo is a petulant, overpaid, nasty piece of work!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #705: Oct 25, 2021 11:09:17 am
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #706: Oct 25, 2021 11:29:06 am
      We took them to school.   Awesome the best ever game against the scum.  My only worry is that Oli doesn't get the boot.   I've watched the highlight 10 times they are brilliant.   A lot of praise for luke shaw of late especially to the end of last season.  Salah and trent must be have given him nightmares last night. They played, teased and humiliated him.   Scholes was right he predicted it in midweek.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #707: Oct 25, 2021 11:33:52 am
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #708: Oct 25, 2021 11:36:54 am
      I said in a previous thread that by Sunday night we would see the real difference between the two clubs, they finished bridesmaids last season only because we were ravaged by injuries, yet that delusional lot thought they were back in a title race and actually had a chance of winning the league, to say that is laughable is indeed a understatement, their as far away from winning the league as Norwich,

Every now and then football will Chuck us a curve ball, aka Villa doing as 7-2 for example, freak results like this are indeed rare, but yesterday winning 0-5 away wasn’t a freak despite it being one of the biggest club games on the planet, what it was, was a total humiliation, Utd have fallen so low from where they were under Fergie it’s entirely possible they will take years to get back to some sort of normality,

From bog eyed gollum to LV GAAL, to Maureen, and now the inept Ole, they are no further forward after all those managers, and the £655m+ spent trying to regain former glory, they are in fact lower than shark sh*t, and it’s f***in great to see,

Contrast them to us and it truly is chalk & cheese, we are miles better in every single department, and I include our academy in this equation, because when you actually look at it closely enough the gulf in class is as wide as it has ever been, wider than I can ever remember, yesterday we were not at our strongest, we were not playing at our fullest capabilities, and I think we had another couple of gears in us, yet we actually battered them, inside 45mins,

I was slightly disappointed after the fifth went in, I wanted our boys to absolutely f***in nail them, hoping we reached eight, but after that f***in thug Pogba’s assault on Naby I fully understood why we reverted into training field mode,

Suck this up ppl, because I would doubt we’d go there and humiliate them like we did yesterday, watching us is medicinal like, especially if like me you are ill, I have constant pain swallowing liquids or softened food, and it is right f***in annoying, but watching yesterday took away all that pain and put a massive smile on my wee ugly mush, even now the day after I’m still smiling, it’s a f***in brilliant feeling !!

Y  N  W  A
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #709: Oct 25, 2021 12:26:05 pm
      Still on cloud 9 here
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #710: Oct 25, 2021 12:28:36 pm
      I said in a previous thread that by Sunday night we would see the real difference between the two clubs, they finished bridesmaids last season only because we were ravaged by injuries, yet that delusional lot thought they were back in a title race and actually had a chance of winning the league, to say that is laughable is indeed a understatement, their as far away from winning the league as Norwich,

Every now and then football will Chuck us a curve ball, aka Villa doing as 7-2 for example, freak results like this are indeed rare, but yesterday winning 0-5 away wasn’t a freak despite it being one of the biggest club games on the planet, what it was, was a total humiliation, Utd have fallen so low from where they were under Fergie it’s entirely possible they will take years to get back to some sort of normality,

From bog eyed gollum to LV GAAL, to Maureen, and now the inept Ole, they are no further forward after all those managers, and the £655m+ spent trying to regain former glory, they are in fact lower than shark sh*t, and it’s f***in great to see,

Contrast them to us and it truly is chalk & cheese, we are miles better in every single department, and I include our academy in this equation, because when you actually look at it closely enough the gulf in class is as wide as it has ever been, wider than I can ever remember, yesterday we were not at our strongest, we were not playing at our fullest capabilities, and I think we had another couple of gears in us, yet we actually battered them, inside 45mins,

I was slightly disappointed after the fifth went in, I wanted our boys to absolutely f***in nail them, hoping we reached eight, but after that f***in thug Pogba’s assault on Naby I fully understood why we reverted into training field mode,

Suck this up ppl, because I would doubt we’d go there and humiliate them like we did yesterday, watching us is medicinal like, especially if like me you are ill, I have constant pain swallowing liquids or softened food, and it is right f***in annoying, but watching yesterday took away all that pain and put a massive smile on my wee ugly mush, even now the day after I’m still smiling, it’s a f***in brilliant feeling !!

Y  N  W  A

Still buzzing here. Now we rest 11 players vs Preston. And continue with a.league title campaign on the weekend.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #711: Oct 25, 2021 12:35:19 pm
      Ahhh. The sky is blue. The birds are singing. And we've humiliated the Mutants 5-0 :)   This doesn't get old.

Not really… It’s a golden sky. I hate blue.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #712: Oct 25, 2021 12:46:14 pm
      My only worry is that Oli doesn't get the boot.

My ole worry is that Ole does get the boot. I wish him well, and hope he’s still their boss when they visit us. Ole has been a perfect fit for them so far.

Quick Reply