Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 1st Dec @ 8:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 30th of November and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W13 D3 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Preston?

Adrián
      9 (15.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.7%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      3 (5.1%)
      Neco Williams
      24 (40.7%)
      Tyler Morton
      7 (11.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (3.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      3 (5.1%)
      Harvey Blair
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      4 (6.8%)
      Divock Origi
      4 (6.8%)
      Elijah Dixon-Bonner
      0 (0%)
      Owen Beck
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Conor Bradley
      1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Oct 31, 2021 08:36:37 pm

Preston North End 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 2604 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,897 posts | 2448 
      Re: Preston North End 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #225: Oct 28, 2021 12:01:02 pm
      I think we can be hard on players who are trying to get fitness or form back to get themselves back into a starting 11. Most players need a number of games to get match fit and get their touch back so players like OX must be so frustrated knowing they can do so much more but needing game time. He definitely improved as the game went on and until his injury he was looking like a real player.

I agree, I was way too harsh in my comments last night.

Big win and we march on!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,443 posts | 5020 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #226: Oct 28, 2021 05:25:06 pm
      I agree, I was way too harsh in my comments last night.

Big win and we march on!

Fair play and got the win like you say.

Don't think you were too harsh though, he wasn't playing to the standard required and an injury that happened 3 years ago can't keep being used as an excuse for him not performing IMO.

Unfortunately he's not good enough to be starting games, not when you consider what's expected from. Every start he gets he is underwhelming, he's much more effective when he comes on as a sub. Which, isn't always a bad thing, it's good to have players like that off the bench.

It probably is time he moved on in the summer though, think it's quite clear that out of our midfielders, he is last in the pecking order and it's been that way for too long.  He's had youngsters like Jones and Elliott jump ahead of him and I don't expect it will be long before Morton is ahead of him too.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,647 posts | 969 
      Reply #227: Oct 29, 2021 02:58:53 am
      Fair play and got the win like you say.

Don't think you were too harsh though, he wasn't playing to the standard required and an injury that happened 3 years ago can't keep being used as an excuse for him not performing IMO.

Unfortunately he's not good enough to be starting games, not when you consider what's expected from. Every start he gets he is underwhelming, he's much more effective when he comes on as a sub. Which, isn't always a bad thing, it's good to have players like that off the bench.

It probably is time he moved on in the summer though, think it's quite clear that out of our midfielders, he is last in the pecking order and it's been that way for too long.  He's had youngsters like Jones and Elliott jump ahead of him and I don't expect it will be long before Morton is ahead of him too.

Morton plays DM but yes, Ox is basically last in the pecking order and why i also believe he'll be gone next summer. The expectations on Ox are pretty unfair, however. He's expected to impress whenever he gets a start, but it's hard to impress when he's barely getting crumbs towards the end of games, get sporadic starts (with his last start probably being against Norwich in the League Cup) and when he does get those starts it's in a squad of mix and match of fringe and academy players. Then on top of that the other team just came to park the bus and try to sucker punch us on a counter.

Despite all that, he was basically the only one out there trying for a long time. In the first half he made the most dangerous (and probably only) run into the box and when everyone was happy to stand still and pass the ball left to right to back and on and on he was the only time trying to dribble past the other team to try create an opportunity. In the 2nd half you also saw him raising his hand asking for the ball, making runs past defenders looking for the long pass, dribbling past the opposition and had a solid shot attempt. Easily the most active and involved player of our midfield.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,443 posts | 5020 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #228: Oct 29, 2021 09:50:13 am
      Easily the most active and involved player of our midfield.

In a midfield where he was the only senior player, that is a minimum expectation.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,488 posts | 2222 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #229: Oct 29, 2021 12:13:57 pm
      In relation to the likes of OX, Taki, Divock.

In a game like that I dont think its unfair to expect them to be dominant figures, even if surrounded by kids.

To me this the chance they get to say to Jürgen look at me give me my chance. They should grab games by the scruff. To say how can we expect them to be sharp when they only get a few minutes here and there. They train on a daily basis with the first team. That alone should have them sharp, certainly shsrp enough to dominate and dictate games against sides like PNE.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1960 
      Reply #230: Oct 30, 2021 11:46:33 am
      We got Leicester Daniel Mays doing the draw with Bullard on Soccer Am :lmao:

Tournaments a parody these days.

Quick Reply