Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Preston?

Adrián
      9 (15.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.7%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      3 (5.1%)
      Neco Williams
      24 (40.7%)
      Tyler Morton
      7 (11.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (3.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      3 (5.1%)
      Harvey Blair
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      4 (6.8%)
      Divock Origi
      4 (6.8%)
      Elijah Dixon-Bonner
      0 (0%)
      Owen Beck
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Conor Bradley
      1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Oct 31, 2021 08:36:37 pm

Preston North End 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 8478 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Re: Preston North End 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #207: Oct 27, 2021 09:50:48 pm
      how do you pick a MOTM tonight ?

It’s usually someone whom you believe is the MOTM. :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #208: Oct 27, 2021 09:51:58 pm
      It’s usually someone whom you believe is the MOTM. :lmao:

dont give up your day job
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #209: Oct 27, 2021 09:56:48 pm
      Young lad Morton has quietly played really well tonight ,Like this kid , subs made by Jürgen worked well ,Taki working hard ,Nat Philips immense !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #210: Oct 27, 2021 11:40:06 pm
      Adrian kept us in the game.

We advanced therefore we're happy.

I chose 3-0, Necoooo ???
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #211: Oct 27, 2021 11:45:17 pm
      Would absolutely love to win a domestic cup!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #212: Oct 28, 2021 12:05:10 am
      Good game, still nerve racking though.

What a goal by Big Div...the way he was smiling to himself a minute later, made me chuckle!! He knew it was outrageous!!

MOTM between Adrian for keeping us in it and Neco...went for Neco for his 2 assists and his face line clearance  :D off the goal line but it would have just been him and him alone if he had squared that ball and kept our 3 goals scored a game record going!!!  Was pissed about that!  >:(
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #213: Oct 28, 2021 03:23:22 am
      Jürgen mentioned the performance was not good, citing the fact the 11 had not played together in a match and it showed. Bradley coming on for Blair (and Neco moving forward) was the change that made the difference. Agree that Morton came into the match as it progressed. Back line and Adrian did alright. I was a little disappointed with Curtis after such a strong performance Sunday (but go back to my first sentence).

The chance to win this competition is there, but Jürgen's selection for the  next match will only be stronger if the rest of the circumstances involving matches before and after warrant it. He's not going to go strong just because we're in the quarterfinals.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #214: Oct 28, 2021 08:04:05 am
      Saturday morning the draw I think . Job done Qtr finals and will get a little more serious now

Live on soccer am :lmao:

Probably done by Fenners in his Jeff Stelling get up.

The FL taking the piss out of its own Cup basically

ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #215: Oct 28, 2021 08:30:16 am
      Jürgen mentioned the performance was not good, citing the fact the 11 had not played together in a match and it showed. Bradley coming on for Blair (and Neco moving forward) was the change that made the difference. Agree that Morton came into the match as it progressed. Back line and Adrian did alright. I was a little disappointed with Curtis after such a strong performance Sunday (but go back to my first sentence).

The chance to win this competition is there, but Jürgen's selection for the  next match will only be stronger if the rest of the circumstances involving matches before and after warrant it. He's not going to go strong just because we're in the quarterfinals.

How about we go strong all the way with this, in case we fail to win the other cups...? At least we update the wall... in case we fail to win any other thing. One small silverware is better than none... How evil am I... >:D
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #216: Oct 28, 2021 08:38:25 am

which is posting "Boring James Milner" tweets... :lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #217: Oct 28, 2021 09:29:53 am
      Thought young Sepp done ok
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #218: Oct 28, 2021 09:56:12 am
      Live on soccer am :lmao:

Probably done by Fenners in his Jeff Stelling get up.

The FL taking the piss out of its own Cup basically

I was ragin with that, cant be arsed with soccer AM anymore. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #219: Oct 28, 2021 09:57:23 am
      How about we go strong all the way with this, in case we fail to win the other cups...? At least we update the wall... in case we fail to win any other thing. One small silverware is better than none... How evil am I... >:D

All depends on Injuries how strong we go next round. The Midfielders with the slight nocks and strains should be back by then, may even need a runout for fitness.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #220: Oct 28, 2021 10:00:23 am
      Enjoyed seeing City knocked out on penalties by West Ham. Well done to the players after a shaky start. A chance to go all the way in this competition.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,823 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #221: Oct 28, 2021 11:25:47 am
      The kids did alright didn't they? Considering that X1 hadn't played together as a unit b4, they did enough to win the game and that's all that matters,

No trees were pulled and there were no fish found on any bikes, young Blair had a rabbit in headlights look about him but that is perfectly understandable, so we march on to the Q'finals where I think we'll probably field a much stronger X1 but still with a smattering of kids,

Win that, then I think we may as well go all out to win it, but still use the young guns including the final.

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #222: Oct 28, 2021 11:29:43 am
      The kids did alright didn't they? Considering that X1 hadn't played together as a unit b4, they did enough to win the game and that's all that matters,

No trees were pulled and there were no fish found on any bikes, young Blair had a rabbit in headlights look about him but that is perfectly understandable, so we march on to the Q'finals where I think we'll probably field a much stronger X1 but still with a smattering of kids,

Win that, then I think we may as well go all out to win it, but still use the young guns including the final.

YNWA

Definitely, young boys did alright, much better 2nd half.

OX had some cracking runs, but final ball was a bit short, 90 mins for him is main thing though.

Cracking goals from Div & Taki.

Also brilliant Gomez & williams got 90 mins. Both needed the minutes.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #223: Oct 28, 2021 11:34:33 am
      I think we can be hard on players who are trying to get fitness or form back to get themselves back into a starting 11. Most players need a number of games to get match fit and get their touch back so players like OX must be so frustrated knowing they can do so much more but needing game time. He definitely improved as the game went on and until his injury he was looking like a real player.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #224: Oct 28, 2021 11:45:27 am
      Plenty of positives from this game. The youngsters did really well on the whole especially in the second half. Look forward to seeing them progress further in the competition.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #225: Oct 28, 2021 12:01:02 pm
      I think we can be hard on players who are trying to get fitness or form back to get themselves back into a starting 11. Most players need a number of games to get match fit and get their touch back so players like OX must be so frustrated knowing they can do so much more but needing game time. He definitely improved as the game went on and until his injury he was looking like a real player.

I agree, I was way too harsh in my comments last night.

Big win and we march on!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #226: Oct 28, 2021 05:25:06 pm
      I agree, I was way too harsh in my comments last night.

Big win and we march on!

Fair play and got the win like you say.

Don't think you were too harsh though, he wasn't playing to the standard required and an injury that happened 3 years ago can't keep being used as an excuse for him not performing IMO.

Unfortunately he's not good enough to be starting games, not when you consider what's expected from. Every start he gets he is underwhelming, he's much more effective when he comes on as a sub. Which, isn't always a bad thing, it's good to have players like that off the bench.

It probably is time he moved on in the summer though, think it's quite clear that out of our midfielders, he is last in the pecking order and it's been that way for too long.  He's had youngsters like Jones and Elliott jump ahead of him and I don't expect it will be long before Morton is ahead of him too.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #227: Oct 29, 2021 02:58:53 am
      Fair play and got the win like you say.

Don't think you were too harsh though, he wasn't playing to the standard required and an injury that happened 3 years ago can't keep being used as an excuse for him not performing IMO.

Unfortunately he's not good enough to be starting games, not when you consider what's expected from. Every start he gets he is underwhelming, he's much more effective when he comes on as a sub. Which, isn't always a bad thing, it's good to have players like that off the bench.

It probably is time he moved on in the summer though, think it's quite clear that out of our midfielders, he is last in the pecking order and it's been that way for too long.  He's had youngsters like Jones and Elliott jump ahead of him and I don't expect it will be long before Morton is ahead of him too.

Morton plays DM but yes, Ox is basically last in the pecking order and why i also believe he'll be gone next summer. The expectations on Ox are pretty unfair, however. He's expected to impress whenever he gets a start, but it's hard to impress when he's barely getting crumbs towards the end of games, get sporadic starts (with his last start probably being against Norwich in the League Cup) and when he does get those starts it's in a squad of mix and match of fringe and academy players. Then on top of that the other team just came to park the bus and try to sucker punch us on a counter.

Despite all that, he was basically the only one out there trying for a long time. In the first half he made the most dangerous (and probably only) run into the box and when everyone was happy to stand still and pass the ball left to right to back and on and on he was the only time trying to dribble past the other team to try create an opportunity. In the 2nd half you also saw him raising his hand asking for the ball, making runs past defenders looking for the long pass, dribbling past the opposition and had a solid shot attempt. Easily the most active and involved player of our midfield.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #228: Oct 29, 2021 09:50:13 am
      Easily the most active and involved player of our midfield.

In a midfield where he was the only senior player, that is a minimum expectation.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #229: Oct 29, 2021 12:13:57 pm
      In relation to the likes of OX, Taki, Divock.

In a game like that I dont think its unfair to expect them to be dominant figures, even if surrounded by kids.

To me this the chance they get to say to Jürgen look at me give me my chance. They should grab games by the scruff. To say how can we expect them to be sharp when they only get a few minutes here and there. They train on a daily basis with the first team. That alone should have them sharp, certainly shsrp enough to dominate and dictate games against sides like PNE.

Quick Reply