Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 1st Dec @ 8:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 30th of November and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W13 D3 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      20 (44.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (2.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (4.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (2.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (11.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      14 (31.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (2.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2.2%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: Nov 03, 2021 03:53:04 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 4547 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,443 posts | 5020 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #375: Oct 30, 2021 09:35:07 pm
      Strange day of results in general. We lost points from 2-0 up, City lost 2-0 to Palace, Burnley got an easy win, Chavs were pushed for majority of their game. Then abroad Ajax, Juventus and others all dropped points in games they should be winning.

But of a freak week it seems.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,649 posts | 517 
      Reply #376: Oct 30, 2021 09:44:18 pm
      We haven't looked up for a home game yet. Fortress Anfield needs to return quickly. I feel more confident on the road atm
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,467 posts | 921 
      Reply #377: Oct 30, 2021 09:51:08 pm
      All seems a bit chaotic so far more of  structure issue not strangling teams like when we won league . Fab not only issue not playing far as I can remember he played against Brentford , City and Milan when we were alarmingly cut open
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,736 posts | 5839 
      Reply #378: Oct 30, 2021 11:05:53 pm
      Poor second half, Chamberlain and Curtis far too lightweight in midfield, literally threw away the three points.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,252 posts | 4173 
      Reply #379: Oct 30, 2021 11:15:53 pm
      Didn’t get a chance to watch or listen to game, just looked at the highlights of the goals…

Ali got caught out by the sunlight..? Had his eyes on the ball till it hit the net..
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,824 posts | 698 
      Reply #380: Oct 30, 2021 11:30:38 pm
      Gutted tbh. Two valuable points down the swanny. Far too soft an underbelly and it feels like a pattern has emerged where we just aren't quite as solid as we need to be. There aren't too many times we can afford to repeat this if we are serious about winning the thing.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,290 posts | 129 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #381: Oct 30, 2021 11:47:03 pm
      All seems a bit chaotic so far more of  structure issue not strangling teams like when we won league . Fab not only issue not playing far as I can remember he played against Brentford , City and Milan when we were alarmingly cut open

Rock and roll football is back it seems. We come out hot and score a few goals early and die off as the game goes on and end up with draws.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,443 posts | 5020 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #382: Oct 31, 2021 12:10:11 am
      After the game Klopp said he wasn’t happy with the body language from some of the players in the 2nd half. Makes me question even more why he then left it until around the 80th and 88th minute before making changes.
      Dadorious

• 9,775 posts | 1492 
      Reply #383: Oct 31, 2021 12:49:12 am
      Really galling to read and know people struggling to get tickets at anfield to watch the reds and then seeing people piling out before injury time even started today.
      Yea that was flat out embarrassing when you consider an entire season played behind closed doors. Surely can’t be the tourists either there were too many that left far too many old fellas who looked like they should have been at home having a kip. F**k it off give your tickets to someone else!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,649 posts | 517 
      Reply #384: Oct 31, 2021 12:50:27 am
      Gutted. Had a big Halloween planned with the wife and kids. Needless to say I didn't go and my wife is super pissed. When we don't win my days ruined ;D
      UncleBob
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts | 206 
      Reply #385: Oct 31, 2021 01:03:28 am
      We got 7 points from first three games.
      7 points from the three games after.
      7 points from the three games after that.
      In the next batch of three games we have started with a point.

All this sandwiched with wins against athletico in Madrid, Milan, Porto in Porto, league cup games as well.

The four teams to stop us from winning are last seasons English champions, last seasons European champions and two clubs that have been impressive all season in Brighton and Brentford.

Huge wins at Leeds and United and we sit top of our champions league group and second in the league unbeaten behind Chelsea.

We can analyse the Brighton game. We were not good enough. Brighton were superb. But reading on here you would think we were in crisis.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,347 posts | 2859 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #386: Oct 31, 2021 01:09:25 am
      So hard to take.

We had the game and we lost it due to our loss of hunger.

Mane was immense and even Keita before getting injuried.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,243 posts | 164 
      Reply #387: Oct 31, 2021 01:25:47 am
      So…… Ox and Jones v Atletico anyone?
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 169 
      Reply #388: Oct 31, 2021 01:44:17 am
      We got 7 points from first three games.
      7 points from the three games after.
      7 points from the three games after that.
      In the next batch of three games we have started with a point.

All this sandwiched with wins against athletico in Madrid, Milan, Porto in Porto, league cup games as well.

The four teams to stop us from winning are last seasons English champions, last seasons European champions and two clubs that have been impressive all season in Brighton and Brentford.

Huge wins at Leeds and United and we sit top of our champions league group and second in the league unbeaten behind Chelsea.

We can analyse the Brighton game. We were not good enough. Brighton were superb. But reading on here you would think we were in crisis.

In all the games where we dropped points, there is a worrying trend. Even the games in which we won, this trend persists. Against Milan and Atletico, we took the lead, sometimes a 2 goal lead, and then let the opposition in. The same applies to games vs Brentford and Brighton. And, we couldn't win against a 10 man Chelsea. In fact, I was nervous even at 2-0 against United because of this pattern found in our games. Needless to say all the games where we dropped points feels like losses.

The lack of defensive solidity is worrying. And, this is mainly due to the midfield. At the moment we have 3 out of 8 fit midfielders. It feels like a different team without Fabinho.
      rossyred

• 5,467 posts | 921 
      Reply #389: Oct 31, 2021 08:01:12 am
      So…… Ox and Jones v Atletico anyone?

I would actually as that game is less important than West Ham . Fab and Thiago on bench and get 30 mins or so and start Weekend
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,607 posts | 3361 
      Reply #390: Oct 31, 2021 08:47:03 am
      Didn’t get a chance to watch or listen to game, just looked at the highlights of the goals…

Ali got caught out by the sunlight..? Had his eyes on the ball till it hit the net..

Yea I missed this one as well.

They're a decent side but we should be winning that game from 2-0 up.

Midfield is a worry as Henderson isn't in top form this season and be all accounts Chamberlain and Jones were none existent for large parts yesterday.

Billo

• 8,723 posts | 528 
      Reply #391: Oct 31, 2021 09:43:32 am
      Im not too worried, its a tough league and it happens. We will get back into the winning ways in no time.

Although midfield is bit worrying and we should try to bring someone in January.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,743 posts | 1739 
      Reply #392: Oct 31, 2021 10:29:58 am
      Disappointing result after thrashing united a week ago. It’s a funny old game though isn’t it? I left the ground quite frustrated only to put the radio on in the car and a guy rang up on the phone in and said if we drew 2-2 at united and then battered Brighton 5-0 we all would have taken that and been quite happy and he’s right I suppose.

I stay off this forum a lot now, too many idiots about the place these days and the posters I did enjoy engaging with seem to have vanished, but I occasionally come back when there’s some talking points, like yesterday.

In the summer, I and many others, couldn’t believe we didn’t replace Gini. Half a dozen idiots on here were defending that decision and making excuses to support their weird pro FSG agendas.  The whole point of the gini debate was that he was an ever present for us who rarely missed a game. Our squad is littered with midfielders who have injury problems but gini was the only one who we could rely on to play week in, week out.

I predicted we would have a midfield crisis this season, the same way we had a defensive crisis last season, and I thought we would see those problems in November.

Well I was wrong about one thing, it wasn’t quite November, because we saw it yesterday. We drew that game, and in my opinion were very fortunate not to lose it in the end, because of our midfield. We were all over the place. We got out run, out fought, we weren’t tracking their runners and our front three were starved of any service.

The only three lads we had available were Hendo, Jones and Ox and all three of them were abysmal. I felt sorry for Hendo because he was left on his own and couldn’t cope in there. Jones and Ox were honestly shocking. The drop off in levels between Thiago, Fab, Keita and even Milner to those two is massive.

Brighton are a decent side in fairness, they have some good players and potter has them playing well, but even so, 2-0 up at home against them then you expect to see the game out but our midfield lost all control.

I’m sure the usual people will respond and say why are you moaning, we’re second in the league, flying in the CL and in the quarters of the league cup etc. That’s true, but I knew that result would come around this stage of the season, and if we don’t get our midfielders back soon and look after them then we’re going to see a lot more of them and we can’t afford too many or we will be out of the race. If somebody’s available in January then we have to go and sign them. We need somebody as reliable as Gini. I’d go and break the bank for Bellingham personally because I think he is exactly what we need.

Two other players I thought had a nightmare yesterday were Bobby who couldn’t trap a ball and I don’t know why Jota wasn’t on a lot sooner, and Konate.  Konate has great physical attributes and I’m sure he will be a big player for us but his inexperience showed yesterday and he was dragged all over the place. Why is Matip not starting, who was probably our second best player behind Mo so far this season?

Moving forward, I hope Jürgen doesn’t play the same midfield three as we saw yesterday. It might have already been said on here but playing gomez right back and putting trent in the middle could be an option for the time being.

West Ham and Arsenal (who have found their feet suddenly) coming up. Two massive games.

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,548 posts | 147 
      Reply #393: Oct 31, 2021 10:37:18 am
      we should be replacing gini with top midfielder. we didn't and that will cost us a title.

gini was never injured, machine in field and now we have injury prone players.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,265 posts | 4774 
      Reply #394: Oct 31, 2021 11:39:47 am
      losing 3 top midfield players is a blow but beating Watford UTD and Madrid away and scoring 13 goals seems to me its not all doom and gloom.
      We shouldnt lose a 2 goal lead at home but our midfield we finished the game with was not our first second or third choice only Hendo would be a first choice pick.
      Jones seems not to be progressing but then again he has been injured and OX is just so frustrating what do we do with him.
      Looking forward to Weds though the place is going to be on fire.
      ruthcity

• 5,501 posts | 1034 
      Reply #395: Oct 31, 2021 01:31:44 pm
      we should be replacing gini with top midfielder. we didn't and that will cost us a title.

That's a classic line... Not the first though. Has been said for many seasons and this will replay over the many upcoming seasons. Just replace player name and position. ;D

We did evolve from goalkeeper to CB to striker and now midfielder! As the cycle of kick-off to final whistle goes on... May this classic phase we should have brought in whichever player for this position long live... Whenever we fail to win a match.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,736 posts | 5839 
      Reply #396: Oct 31, 2021 01:54:44 pm
      Potter's got Brighton playing well. Second half they were a lot more organised than the mancs were a week ago. We just didn't respond until they got the two goals back, then it seemed like a lot of huffing and puffing without really creating anything.
      ruthcity

• 5,501 posts | 1034 
      Reply #397: Oct 31, 2021 01:57:20 pm
      Potter's got Brighton playing well. Second half they were a lot more organised than the mancs were a week ago. We just didn't respond until they got the two goals back, then it seemed like a lot of huffing and puffing without really creating anything.

Harry?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,736 posts | 5839 
      Reply #398: Oct 31, 2021 01:58:53 pm

No Brian from his wheelchair!!

I prefer Phoenix Nights to that fluffy Hollywood sh*te.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,743 posts | 1739 
      Reply #399: Oct 31, 2021 02:00:36 pm
      One thing I did enjoy about yesterday was the reception Adam Lallana got. I love that about our fans, the way we welcome back ex players. It gives me a buzz so it must be an amazing feeling for them. We cheered when his name was read out before kick off and he got a standing ovation when he went off too.

At full time, he walked around the pitch and gave the fans a clap who clapped him back. I think he got the send off he deserved.

Top player, top pro. Shame he struggled with injuries and it didn’t quite work out for him here. We could have done with a fit adam Lallana in our midfield yesterday. Hope he has a good season. 

Quick Reply