Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Villa [Premier League] Sat 11th Dec @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D2 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      20 (44.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (2.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (4.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (2.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (11.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      14 (31.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (2.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2.2%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: Nov 03, 2021 03:53:04 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 4765 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #400: Oct 31, 2021 02:03:51 pm
      One thing I did enjoy about yesterday was the reception Adam Lallana got. I love that about our fans, the way we welcome back ex players. It gives me a buzz so it must be an amazing feeling for them. We cheered when his name was read out before kick off and he got a standing ovation when he went off too.

At full time, he walked around the pitch and gave the fans a clap who clapped him back. I think he got the send off he deserved.

Top player, top pro. Shame he struggled with injuries and it didn’t quite work out for him here. We could have done with a fit adam Lallana in our midfield yesterday. Hope he has a good season. 

Got to be honest didn't even notice him until he got subbed.

Bissouma, Mwepu and that lad who played left back for them are good players. Thought they did very well for Brighton yesterday.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,743 posts | 1739 
      Reply #401: Oct 31, 2021 02:22:34 pm
      Got to be honest didn't even notice him until he got subbed.

Bissouma, Mwepu and that lad who played left back for them are good players. Thought they did very well for Brighton yesterday.

Thought he was quiet in the first half. Was he playing as the 9? I couldn’t work out what his position was.

Thought he grew into the game second half though and he was involved in a few dangerous counter attacks for them, obviously set their equaliser up too.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,015 posts | 1063 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #402: Oct 31, 2021 02:52:02 pm

At full time, he walked around the pitch and gave the fans a clap who clapped him back. I think he got the send off he deserved.

Made up with the ovation he got when he was subbed. Just a shame a good portion of the ground decided to f**k off in their droves at around 80 odd minutes otherwise he would have gotten an even better send off at the end. Embarrassing in the upper main yesterday. Was more or less only me and the lad next to me who were left on our row come the FT whistle
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,657 posts | 1056 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #403: Oct 31, 2021 02:53:00 pm
      Jesus! Reading some of the posts in the last 6 pages you would think we are in a relegation fight! We are second in the League and going through a bit of a rough patch with injuries and integration of new players.

I think we are in a good place right now. Dealing with some severe issues and still in second place?

Not such a bad place to be.

Trust The Plan.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 512 posts | 52 
      Reply #404: Oct 31, 2021 03:07:03 pm
      Remember when a few of us were calling for a cm only to be told we have enough and when people on here were told that we cannot rely on them due to their injury record, they simply wouldn’t have it

Well once again after the cb debacle last season we took an unnecessary gamble and it’s backfired….

Our cm is just too weak without fab and Thiago and that’s why we struggle to control games
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4852 
      Reply #405: Oct 31, 2021 03:10:09 pm
      Jesus! Reading some of the posts in the last 6 pages you would think we are in a relegation fight! We are second in the League and going through a bit of a rough patch with injuries and integration of new players.

I think we are in a good place right now. Dealing with some severe issues and still in second place?

Not such a bad place to be.

Trust The Plan.

spot on mate there is a plan and so far its worked exceptionally well.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,657 posts | 1056 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #406: Oct 31, 2021 03:37:21 pm
      Remember when a few of us were calling for a cm only to be told we have enough and when people on here were told that we cannot rely on them due to their injury record, they simply wouldn’t have it

Well once again after the cb debacle last season we took an unnecessary gamble and it’s backfired….

Our cm is just too weak without fab and Thiago and that’s why we struggle to control games

Agree with what you say but at what point do we determine the amount of midfielders we can afford? Do we purchase ten midfielders in case 6 get injured?

I understand where you are coming from though. You'd think with the advances in modern medicine and science we would have systems in place to accurately (not precisely) assess the physical frailties of certain players in the Squad. As i have previously said though, any player can get injured at any time and every individual heals and strengthens at differing rates.

Injuries have certainly had an adverse effect on our Squad over the past few Seasons. It does lead back to the high intensity game we play. I'm not saying that is the reason. What i am saying is that the medical team should have a firm grip on this problem and be able to identify any irregularities that are occurring as a result of this problem.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,793 posts | 404 
      Reply #407: Oct 31, 2021 03:39:03 pm
      Some of us go full ArsenalFanTV when we have an injury crisis, draw a game and are 3 points from top.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 512 posts | 52 
      Reply #408: Oct 31, 2021 03:50:35 pm
      Agree with what you say but at what point do we determine the amount of midfielders we can afford? Do we purchase ten midfielders in case 6 get injured?

I understand where you are coming from though. You'd think with the advances in modern medicine and science we would have systems in place to accurately (not precisely) assess the physical frailties of certain players in the Squad. As i have previously said though, any player can get injured at any time and every individual heals and strengthens at differing rates.

Injuries have certainly had an adverse effect on our Squad over the past few Seasons. It does lead back to the high intensity game we play. I'm not saying that is the reason. What i am saying is that the medical team should have a firm grip on this problem and be able to identify any irregularities that are occurring as a result of this problem.

Top clubs that want to remain are ruthless….footballers are paid well so when we say goodbye, it isn’t the club being harsh and klopp has been ruthless in getting out some players he didn’t want

The solution was simple and you’re right, we have the right number of midfield players but we have the wrong type. Simple solution was to loan or sell one of ox/naby and bring in a top quality cm to rotate with hendo/fab/Thiago

Make no mistake it’s our cm costing us as they lack quality, that’s the difference from when we won the league to now our cm and it’s clear

We all screamed we needed one and it will backfire if we try to paper over the cracks…yet here we are again

Not in a million years would we have dropped points yesterday or vs Brentford with another quality cm to help with defensive positioning and controlling the game

Still we will challenge but need Thiago back and to stay fit. We are soft on cm and it’s showing hence the inconsistency in performances

Let’s be real, no team can win a title with ox/naby/jones/Milner playing a major role in the first 11

Jones has potential but ox is decent at best and more of a utility player as is Milner

Naby isn’t that good at all and is a liability defensive wise as shown against last two Madrid games, he really isn’t that good, players run off him far too easily hence why he got hooked off the last two Madrid games he started.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,743 posts | 1739 
      Reply #409: Oct 31, 2021 04:43:20 pm

Yes any player can get injured at any time and there’s no guarantee that had we brought somebody in that they wouldn’t have gotten injured at some point too, but the midfielders we have in our squad have a long history of injury problems and it was just madness that we went into the season without signing a centre mid.

I couldn’t believe we didn’t replace gini and there was one poster in particular on here who made all kinds of excuses and even suggested naby might last the full season! Based on what?!

History tells us that both Hendo and ox will miss several games this season too so it’s only a matter of time before they get knocks. Just wait.

It’s irritating when you highlight the clear problems and people respond with ‘trust klopp’ or ‘we’re still second’ etc.  We threw two points away yesterday because we were down to the bare bones and the midfield wasn’t good enough. It’s that simple.

Even if we get some of our lads back soon then we will still have these problems in midfield again during the season at some point.  It’s vital that we sign somebody in January and it should have been done in the bloody summer.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,776 posts | 1327 
      Reply #410: Oct 31, 2021 04:59:25 pm
      Yes any player can get injured at any time and there’s no guarantee that had we brought somebody in that they wouldn’t have gotten injured at some point too, but the midfielders we have in our squad have a long history of injury problems and it was just madness that we went into the season without signing a centre mid.

I couldn’t believe we didn’t replace gini and there was one poster in particular on here who made all kinds of excuses and even suggested naby might last the full season! Based on what?!

History tells us that both Hendo and ox will miss several games this season too so it’s only a matter of time before they get knocks. Just wait.

It’s irritating when you highlight the clear problems and people respond with ‘trust klopp’ or ‘we’re still second’ etc.  We threw two points away yesterday because we were down to the bare bones and the midfield wasn’t good enough. It’s that simple.

Even if we get some of our lads back soon then we will still have these problems in midfield again during the season at some point.  It’s vital that we sign somebody in January and it should have been done in the bloody summer.

Was Thiago not Gini replacement and then they also added in Elliott who will prob be back around Jan ?

We currently have 8 midfielders for 3 spots - buying one in the summer would have meant Elliott not playing so why spend when you already have the replacement in the squad

Not seen you post for a while ( well since the City draw and before that the Brentford draw 😉 )

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,707 posts | 977 
      Reply #411: Oct 31, 2021 04:59:31 pm
      Some of us go full ArsenalFanTV when we have an injury crisis, draw a game and are 3 points from top.

Injury crisis? Try every time we drop a point. It’s good for a fun read but yikes, clown show.

Look at KeeptheFaith as an example. Idiot hasn’t posted since the summer when he was banging on about the same thing and was dead quiet until we dropped points yesterday and here he is, like magic.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 512 posts | 52 
      Reply #412: Oct 31, 2021 05:33:55 pm
      Injury crisis? Try every time we drop a point. It’s good for a fun read but yikes, clown show.

Look at KeeptheFaith as an example. Idiot hasn’t posted since the summer when he was banging on about the same thing and was dead quiet until we dropped points yesterday and here he is, like magic.

Generally when someone resorts to childish insults, it shows their own lack of upbringing  and intelligence but it isn’t your fault I suppose.

Either way, you think what you want, if you want to attack people for having an opinion, then go ahead if it makes you feel better.

I am merely making a comment which after all we are allowed to do in a forum. I get you may be the forum bully here, but it simply won’t work with me. When you stand up to bullies, their true colours usually show.

I heck been consistent and most likely go to far more games than you and yes I have a winning mentality and want us to win, you may not but I do. I want us to be the best and to be the best you have to be ruthless at times.

It’s a very fair criticism that our board needed to support us with a cm and that is costing us. If you seriously think our cm is not a glaring weak point, then you should stick to fifa and shouting abuse over there kid.

If you also cannot see the significance of replacing a cm who played nearly every game, then maybe you need to spend a little less time attacking people and more time in understanding what made us so dominant a couple of season ago.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,510 posts | 927 
      Reply #413: Oct 31, 2021 06:03:06 pm
      That weak midfield handled themselves well enough last week against the Mancs without Fab or Thiago . Fab has also played and we have been cut apart a few occasions this season . We have some injuries which we need to deal with but the numbers are there just need to ride it out and before you know it when all fit people will be moaning that he shouldn't be on the bench etc as we will have excess options
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts | 36 
      Reply #414: Oct 31, 2021 06:15:45 pm
      West Ham away looks tougher now
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | 42 
      Reply #415: Oct 31, 2021 06:18:47 pm
      Still not 100% convinced their first wasn't meant as a cross and thought AB could maybe have done better but given the saves he makes one possible slip is acceptable. Also at their 2nd the captain should have followed the runner but just jogged which is not good but again I'll cut a legend some slack. Overall we seemed to go to sleep again rather like we did against Milan. Whether two up the players the players subconsciously thought the job was done I don't know. Whatever the case move on to Athletico in the CL for what know doubt  Simeone will have them ramped for a war with their diving and cheating sh*te.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,923 posts | 2459 
      Reply #416: Oct 31, 2021 07:20:36 pm
      Disappointing result after thrashing united a week ago. It’s a funny old game though isn’t it? I left the ground quite frustrated only to put the radio on in the car and a guy rang up on the phone in and said if we drew 2-2 at united and then battered Brighton 5-0 we all would have taken that and been quite happy and he’s right I suppose.

I stay off this forum a lot now, too many idiots about the place these days and the posters I did enjoy engaging with seem to have vanished, but I occasionally come back when there’s some talking points, like yesterday.

In the summer, I and many others, couldn’t believe we didn’t replace Gini. Half a dozen idiots on here were defending that decision and making excuses to support their weird pro FSG agendas.  The whole point of the gini debate was that he was an ever present for us who rarely missed a game. Our squad is littered with midfielders who have injury problems but gini was the only one who we could rely on to play week in, week out.

I predicted we would have a midfield crisis this season, the same way we had a defensive crisis last season, and I thought we would see those problems in November.

Well I was wrong about one thing, it wasn’t quite November, because we saw it yesterday. We drew that game, and in my opinion were very fortunate not to lose it in the end, because of our midfield. We were all over the place. We got out run, out fought, we weren’t tracking their runners and our front three were starved of any service.

The only three lads we had available were Hendo, Jones and Ox and all three of them were abysmal. I felt sorry for Hendo because he was left on his own and couldn’t cope in there. Jones and Ox were honestly shocking. The drop off in levels between Thiago, Fab, Keita and even Milner to those two is massive.

Brighton are a decent side in fairness, they have some good players and potter has them playing well, but even so, 2-0 up at home against them then you expect to see the game out but our midfield lost all control.

I’m sure the usual people will respond and say why are you moaning, we’re second in the league, flying in the CL and in the quarters of the league cup etc. That’s true, but I knew that result would come around this stage of the season, and if we don’t get our midfielders back soon and look after them then we’re going to see a lot more of them and we can’t afford too many or we will be out of the race. If somebody’s available in January then we have to go and sign them. We need somebody as reliable as Gini. I’d go and break the bank for Bellingham personally because I think he is exactly what we need.

Two other players I thought had a nightmare yesterday were Bobby who couldn’t trap a ball and I don’t know why Jota wasn’t on a lot sooner, and Konate.  Konate has great physical attributes and I’m sure he will be a big player for us but his inexperience showed yesterday and he was dragged all over the place. Why is Matip not starting, who was probably our second best player behind Mo so far this season?

Moving forward, I hope Jürgen doesn’t play the same midfield three as we saw yesterday. It might have already been said on here but playing gomez right back and putting trent in the middle could be an option for the time being.

West Ham and Arsenal (who have found their feet suddenly) coming up. Two massive games.

Wish we could just get Wijnaldum back, I bet he would love to come back too
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2021 07:43:33 pm by LondonRed83 »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,743 posts | 1739 
      Reply #417: Oct 31, 2021 07:26:05 pm

Was Thiago not Gini replacement and then they also added in Elliott who will prob be back around Jan ?

We currently have 8 midfielders for 3 spots - buying one in the summer would have meant Elliott not playing so why spend when you already have the replacement in the squad

Not seen you post for a while ( well since the City draw and before that the Brentford draw 😉 )

Scroll up to my first post in this thread and you’ll see why. Refers to you and a few others actually.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,923 posts | 2459 
      Reply #418: Oct 31, 2021 07:45:02 pm

Come on, Hammans comments are always quite thorough and well thought out. You might not agree with him (that’s football!), however you can’t doubt the integrity of the content.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,776 posts | 1327 
      Reply #419: Oct 31, 2021 09:33:58 pm
      Scroll up to my first post in this thread and you’ll see why. Refers to you and a few others actually.

A bit touchy aren’t you 😂 and yes I did read your post where you stated there is more to talk about when points are dropped

But surely there are things worth talking about when the team wins 🤷‍♂️ Or is it just about waiting to complain or being desperate to post “I told you so” - but enjoy celebrating “predicting the midfield crisis” - even though both Fabinho and Thiago will be back this week and right now we haven’t lost a centre mids for the season like we did last season with the CBs

And in regards Gini - Thiago was brought in a year early to replace him , and Elliot was added to make 8 mids in the team ( plus any youngsters coming through )

Players like Keita ( who has been excellent ) , Thiago , Ox etc who have had injury issues - weren’t sold , they have to be included in the squad numbers even if there is a chance they will get injured.

This game should have been dead and buried by half time - and I’m actually going to give credit to Brighton - they went on the front foot and got what they deserved

As for putting Trent in midfield 😂😂 - that’s all that can be said about that
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,743 posts | 1739 
      Reply #420: Oct 31, 2021 11:06:20 pm

A bit touchy aren’t you 😂 and yes I did read your post where you stated there is more to talk about when points are dropped

But surely there are things worth talking about when the team wins 🤷‍♂️ Or is it just about waiting to complain or being desperate to post “I told you so” - but enjoy celebrating “predicting the midfield crisis” - even though both Fabinho and Thiago will be back this week and right now we haven’t lost a centre mids for the season like we did last season with the CBs

And in regards Gini - Thiago was brought in a year early to replace him , and Elliot was added to make 8 mids in the team ( plus any youngsters coming through )

Players like Keita ( who has been excellent ) , Thiago , Ox etc who have had injury issues - weren’t sold , they have to be included in the squad numbers even if there is a chance they will get injured.

This game should have been dead and buried by half time - and I’m actually going to give credit to Brighton - they went on the front foot and got what they deserved

As for putting Trent in midfield 😂😂 - that’s all that can be said about that

I’m not touchy no. But I don’t waste my time on here any more when the same half a dozen people have a strange agenda and argue until they’re blue in the face even when they know they’re wrong, because they’re too immature. You’re one of them.

We’re that good of a side now and have been truly spoilt under klopp, so what is there really to say when we beat palace 3-0 at home? It’s just the norm now. We’re used to it. But if we drop points against Brighton then I like to see what other reds thought about the game and what, in their opinion, went wrong. There’s more to discuss and I find it more interesting talking about how we could improve or what people may have done differently. We shouldn’t be dropping points to them at home so let’s talk about it.

As for weeks like last, no offence to anybody who came on here after smashing Man U, but I was out with my mates on the ale all night and didn’t crawl in until god knows when. The last thing I wanted to do was come on a forum. Yesterday I went with my 11 year old son, so I was t on the bevs, and I woke up today fresh but a little frustrated and wanted to talk about a couple of things. Is that ok with you? 

You do know Trent captained younger sides as a centre mid don’t you? And you do realise he has the attributes to play in that position. Many pundits and even jurgen himself have spoken about him playing in midfield before so I don’t know what you find so amusing. It would obviously take away what he offers us as full back because I don’t think Gomez can get forward as well as Trent does, but one thing is for certain I never want to see a midfield three of Hendo, Jones and ox ever again who struggled against Brighton. At least Trent would give us some energy and strength in there. If you think that’s an awful idea that’s fine, it’s your opinion, but just say so instead of being a dick? Which you often come across.

Thiago wasn’t ginis replacement no. And you know that too which brings me back to my original point of people talking nonsense for the sake of it. But I’ll play your game for a little bit before I get bored and leave for several weeks again. If Thiago was his replacement then who at the club allowed Gini to run his contract down and leave for nothing then while paying both of them high wages? We had his replacement so why didn’t we sell him?  Why did Gini play more games than his replacement last season? And why did Gini partner his replacement on several occasions last season? Doesn’t make much sense really does it.

Thiago, as you know, was an addition. You have some argument for elliott being ginis replacement but it’s something I disagree with. I don’t for one minute believe klopp wanted a young, inexperienced harvey elliott to play out of position to replace gini had he been given the choice. I believe he was told there was no money in the pot and he therefore had to work with what he has. Klopp is also extremely careful with the media but it hasn’t dawned on the likes of you yet and you don’t quite grasp that what he tells them might not necessarily be true, even though you’re that naive you think it is.

I don’t get any enjoyment out of saying I told you so. Anybody with a brain cell knew we would struggle for numbers in midfield this season. It was just idiots who suggested otherwise to defend why FSG couldn’t or wouldn’t spend. And yes a couple of lads are back soon but as I’ve stated, we will experience a shortage I no midfield a few times this season and we will drop points because of it. Yesterday was just an example, there will be more unfortunately unless we bring in somebody more reliable in January. Do you not think we need to?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,776 posts | 1327 
      Reply #421: Nov 01, 2021 12:02:16 am
      I’m not touchy no. But I don’t waste my time on here any more when the same half a dozen people have a strange agenda and argue until they’re blue in the face even when they know they’re wrong, because they’re too immature. You’re one of them.

No idea about agendas 🤷‍♂️

And I thought it’s all about opinions as opposed to being right or wrong - maybe being right ( in your mind ) is important to you

We’re that good of a side now and have been truly spoilt under klopp, so what is there really to say when we beat palace 3-0 at home? It’s just the norm now. We’re used to it. But if we drop points against Brighton then I like to see what other reds thought about the game and what, in their opinion, went wrong. There’s more to discuss and I find it more interesting talking about how we could improve or what people may have done differently. We shouldn’t be dropping points to them at home so let’s talk about it.

As for weeks like last, no offence to anybody who came on here after smashing Man U, but I was out with my mates on the ale all night and didn’t crawl in until god knows when. The last thing I wanted to do was come on a forum. Yesterday I went with my 11 year old son, so I was t on the bevs, and I woke up today fresh but a little frustrated and wanted to talk about a couple of things. Is that ok with you? 

As i said maybe it’s just coincidence that the only games you comment on are games where we dropped points.

You do know Trent captained younger sides as a centre mid don’t you? And you do realise he has the attributes to play in that position. Many pundits and even jurgen himself have spoken about him playing in midfield before so I don’t know what you find so amusing. It would obviously take away what he offers us as full back because I don’t think Gomez can get forward as well as Trent does, but one thing is for certain I never want to see a midfield three of Hendo, Jones and ox ever again who struggled against Brighton. At least Trent would give us some energy and strength in there. If you think that’s an awful idea that’s fine, it’s your opinion, but just say so instead of being a dick? Which you often come across.

Carragher at one stage was a striker , TAA is the best right back in the world - you keep a round peg in a round hole

You may not like Ox , Jones etc but they will all do a better natural job in midfield

They struggled because one didn’t sit and do ugly work , young Morton should have come on but Klopp went with the players that did well against UTD

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2021/09/writing-trent-alexander-arnold-midfield-experiment-dissected/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11669/12404250/trent-alexander-arnold-liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-cannot-understand-gareth-southgate-using-right-back-in-midfield

“ "That is possible but why would you make the best right-back in the world a midfielder? I don't understand that really.”

Thiago wasn’t ginis replacement no. And you know that too which brings me back to my original point of people talking nonsense for the sake of it. But I’ll play your game for a little bit before I get bored and leave for several weeks again. If Thiago was his replacement then who at the club allowed Gini to run his contract down and leave for nothing then while paying both of them high wages? We had his replacement so why didn’t we sell him?  Why did Gini play more games than his replacement last season? And why did Gini partner his replacement on several occasions last season? Doesn’t make much sense really does it.

Gini wasn’t signing a new contract , bids weren’t being lined up for Gini and they had the chance to bring in Thiago a year early

And why did Gini play more games - maybe because Thiago was injured 🙄 and surely someone like yourself could understand that Thiago has the ability to play both alongside and instead of Gini 🤷‍♂️

Thiago, as you know, was an addition. You have some argument for elliott being ginis replacement but it’s something I disagree with. I don’t for one minute believe klopp wanted a young, inexperienced harvey elliott to play out of position to replace gini had he been given the choice. I believe he was told there was no money in the pot and he therefore had to work with what he has. Klopp is also extremely careful with the media but it hasn’t dawned on the likes of you yet and you don’t quite grasp that what he tells them might not necessarily be true, even though you’re that naive you think it is.

I’m quite comfortable in my belief that Klopp rates Elliott and it didn’t take him long in Pre season to think that this player is perfect to fit in with what I want to see in the middle - I also believe Klopp takes more enjoyment and satisfaction seeing a young player come through and take a place than buying someone in.

I don’t get any enjoyment out of saying I told you so. Anybody with a brain cell knew we would struggle for numbers in midfield this season. It was just idiots who suggested otherwise to defend why FSG couldn’t or wouldn’t spend. And yes a couple of lads are back soon but as I’ve stated, we will experience a shortage I no midfield a few times this season and we will drop points because of it. Yesterday was just an example, there will be more unfortunately unless we bring in somebody more reliable in January. Do you not think we need to?
      For some who gets no enjoyment out of it - it didn’t take much for you to tell everyone “I told you so” - I’m wondering if you’re like the guy near me who thinks he is never wrong , spends most of the match complaining like a girl bit sheepish when we win

We have 8 players for 3 positions in midfield- you could also add Morton , Taki , Bobby in as a support if Klopp tweaks things - how many should we have ?

And no I don’t see players arriving in Jan unless any player they have in mind is available

They will look to do something in the summer - with Ox and a few others prob leaving

But I’m confident in the squad to continue battling for trophies this season without any additions

And them continuing to stay unbeaten will also have the added bonus of not seeing you post telling everyone how right you are and “I told you so”

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,793 posts | 404 
      Reply #422: Nov 01, 2021 04:32:45 am
      The TAA in Midfield discussion needed to be put to bed 2 seasons ago. It was bad enough how crap he was against Andorra in 45mins. Why on earth does anyone think it'll work in the Premier League? ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1960 
      Reply #423: Nov 01, 2021 05:59:08 am
      The TAA in Midfield discussion needed to be put to bed 2 seasons ago. It was bad enough how crap he was against Andorra in 45mins. Why on earth does anyone think it'll work in the Premier League? ;D

Haha yeah load of bollocks pal and Jürgen has already said why on earth would he do it.

Just makes us a weaker team without Trents threat from Full Back then add to that he'd be learning on the job how to play in midfield in a Jürgen side.

I'd just like to see us sign another solid CM so that we dont have to play 2 of Naby Jones and Ox at any 1 time.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,743 posts | 1739 
      Reply #424: Nov 01, 2021 07:16:47 am

No idea about agendas 🤷‍♂️

And I thought it’s all about opinions as opposed to being right or wrong - maybe being right ( in your mind ) is important to you

As i said maybe it’s just coincidence that the only games you comment on are games where we dropped points.

Carragher at one stage was a striker , TAA is the best right back in the world - you keep a round peg in a round hole

You may not like Ox , Jones etc but they will all do a better natural job in midfield

They struggled because one didn’t sit and do ugly work , young Morton should have come on but Klopp went with the players that did well against UTD

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2021/09/writing-trent-alexander-arnold-midfield-experiment-dissected/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11669/12404250/trent-alexander-arnold-liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-cannot-understand-gareth-southgate-using-right-back-in-midfield

“ "That is possible but why would you make the best right-back in the world a midfielder? I don't understand that really.”

Gini wasn’t signing a new contract , bids weren’t being lined up for Gini and they had the chance to bring in Thiago a year early

And why did Gini play more games - maybe because Thiago was injured 🙄 and surely someone like yourself could understand that Thiago has the ability to play both alongside and instead of Gini 🤷‍♂️

I’m quite comfortable in my belief that Klopp rates Elliott and it didn’t take him long in Pre season to think that this player is perfect to fit in with what I want to see in the middle - I also believe Klopp takes more enjoyment and satisfaction seeing a young player come through and take a place than buying someone in.
      For some who gets no enjoyment out of it - it didn’t take much for you to tell everyone “I told you so” - I’m wondering if you’re like the guy near me who thinks he is never wrong , spends most of the match complaining like a girl bit sheepish when we win

We have 8 players for 3 positions in midfield- you could also add Morton , Taki , Bobby in as a support if Klopp tweaks things - how many should we have ?

And no I don’t see players arriving in Jan unless any player they have in mind is available

They will look to do something in the summer - with Ox and a few others prob leaving

But I’m confident in the squad to continue battling for trophies this season without any additions

And them continuing to stay unbeaten will also have the added bonus of not seeing you post telling everyone how right you are and “I told you so”

It is about opinions but you constantly talk nonsense to support whatever agenda you have at the time.

It’s no coincidence. I’ve given you two reasons why. If you need reminding it’s because the forum isn’t as good as what it used to be. A few good posters no longer come on and they’ve been replaced by a few divvys who I can’t be doing with in truth, and secondly I find the conversations a lot more interesting after a poor result rather than reading 20 pages of the same comments after a straight forward win.

We both know the result on Saturday was a poor one, especially being two up too, but you’d rather step around it and say things like we’re unbeaten because you don’t want to admit you were wrong a few months ago.

We drew the game on Saturday because of the midfield. We were all over the place and we lost control of the game. If you don’t believe (or won’t admit more like) that we had problems in the midfield then honestly mate move along and don’t bother replying to me on here again because you’re either deluded, blind or as I suspect just talk nonsense to back whatever tripe you said months ago.

What’s your point? Steven Gerrard was the best number 8 in the world but he also played right back, right mid, left mid, in the 10 and as the number 6 too. World class players adapt and can play anywhere. Trent is world class and has experience playing in midfield too. I’ve got no problem with you wanting him to stay at right back, that’s fine, and in general that’s where I want him too, but your response was as if I suggested to play matip centre mid.

Brighton had some joy down our right side and we were exposed at times. I believe had Trent moved into the middle and Gomez came on at right back we would have been a lot more solid and won the game. You don’t and again thats fine, you were happy to persist with Jones and ox because they are natural central mids who will always do a better job than Trent, even though it was obvious to pretty much everyone else that they were both really struggling, or you wanted a young kid to come on and throw him in the deep end to try and see the game out against a decent prem team who had us under the cosh. As I said you’re entitled to your opinion. But we’ll never know anyway will we.

But it’s rubbish what you’re saying anyway. You might as well say divock will do a ‘better natural job’ than salah as a striker because divock is a natural centre forward and Mo isn’t. It did amuse me though that you rubbished the idea of Trent playing in midfield temporarily but you’re happy for both ox and elliott to play in there who aren’t, as you say, natural central midfielders. They’re both ‘natural’ wide men. But obviously you’ll just say any old sh*te.

You are probably the most naive liverpool fan I’ve ever come across you know. If Thiago was ginis replacement then we could have gotten rid of Gini quite easily. The euros was on so Gini would have gone to secure his place with holland if we told him he was no longer required, and are you really honestly that naive you don’t believe any club at all would have offered something to take him? F**k me. And if Thiago was the replacement then surely taking something for Gini would have been better than nothing at all?

Thiago was an addition. He didn’t replace anybody. Him and Gini aren’t even similar players so you just look ridiculous saying it. Thiago was signed because he offered something completely different to the midfielders we already had. He’s a baller and Gini is a machine. Gini played more games and played alongside his supposed replacement several times.

I can’t even be arsed talking about klopp and what he says to the media. As I say you’re naive and you don’t understand or grasp that he knows how to address the media and what he says isn’t necessarily true. There will be so much that goes on behind closed doors that neither you or me will ever know about because Jürgen keeps everything private and it’s just another reason of why I love him and why he’s perfect for Liverpool FC. But bloody hell, do you still believe in Father Christmas you?  Every other post you say ‘well Jürgen said this’ and ‘well Jürgen said that’. You don’t quite understand how it all works do you? Hopefully he releases a book one day and opens up because you’ll be in for a shock.

It could be me actually who sits by you  yeah because funnily enough there’s a bloke by me whos on his phone 24-7. I have a look at what he’s doing from time to time and he’s talking sh*te on lfcreds or masturbating over topless photos of John Henry so is that you then? I’ll say hello next time.

Also mate, if you’re going to reply to me  do me a favour and turn it in on those emoji’s. I find it hard to take a grown man serious who uses emoji’s in every sentence. Apologies if you’re about 15 though.

Quick Reply